• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Five DLC Characters

Ovaltine

Smash Master
He said that the Fighter's Pass characters themselves will be new to Smash. Not once did he say that they would be characters that haven't been in Smash 'whatever the form', nor did he say they'd only be from new series. He left his response open-ended and vague, and it's still uncertain exactly what he meant by the statement.

Please don't spread misinformation.
I posted this in response to Ornl in the Newcomer Speculation thread, but I figured I'd put it here, too, where they're spreading the same misinformation. Don't know why they literally only signed up just to say these things and list their opinions of deconfirmations, then finishing with implying... something with Rareware, for some reason?

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Reggie told the VGAs that the DLC characters will be from series we have "insuspectable", "never seen in Smash, whatever the form".
Sakurai wants to integrate characters that are "unique" and "different" into the Smash Bros. environment.
There are only 12 new fighters for Ultimate, it seems obvious that these 12 elected are each from different series, and different publishers for non-Nintendo content. No license will have donated 9 or 4 non-Echo representations : Mario/Pokemon 8 - Zelda 6 - Fire Emblem 5 - DK/Metroid/Kirby/Starfox 3. Not 4.

-> Bye bye Travis Touchdown, Master Chief, Dante + Konami, Sega, Monster Hunter, Lloyd Irving, Heihachi Mishima, Rayman... and all the characters of the Nintendo licenses already represented. Rareware ? Be careful... King K. Rool and Krystal were created by Rareware.

It turns out that Persona 5 and Dragon Quest III are the 2 favorite games of Japaneses : https://www.dualshockers.com/persona-5-best-game-time-famitsu/ Joker is the first DLC. The second is potentially Erdrick. But they was the easiest to find. There are only three places left, and this is where it gets complicated.

Happy holiday season!
Thats very, VERY interesting. Insuspectable, and with that many characters out of the running, I'm starting to really think Sora's pretty likely. A Disney rep in Smash? Doubt a lot of people outside the smash bubble would've ever guessed something outrageous like that. He's also heavily requested. I'd say this potentially helps Doomguy as well. So, Joker, Erdrick, Doomguy, and Sora, which would leave us with? Probably Steve or Banjo. If Rare wants to be a bunch a ***** and not remake Banjo-Kazooie because "the fans don't want it" then I'm willing to bet, unfortunately, Steve might be coming. The Rareware spirits are still pretty suspicious though.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Thats very, VERY interesting. Insuspectable, and with that many characters out of the running, I'm starting to really think Sora's pretty likely. A Disney rep in Smash? Doubt a lot of people outside the smash bubble would've ever guessed something outrageous like that. He's also heavily requested. I'd say this potentially helps Doomguy as well. So, Joker, Erdrick, Doomguy, and Sora, which would leave us with? Probably Steve or Banjo. If Rare wants to be a bunch a ***** and not remake Banjo-Kazooie because "the fans don't want it" then I'm willing to bet, unfortunately, Steve might be coming. The Rareware spirits are still pretty suspicious though.
Don't pull a Near. Other characters being out of the running helps other character's chances, too; not just Sora's and Doomguy's. It's a massive leap in logic to say that because these characters are excluded, the characters you listed have their chances exponentiated. A lot of other characters who are more popular than both characters you listed also have a great chance of getting in.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Don't pull a Near. Other characters being out of the running helps other character's chances, too; not just Sora's and Doomguy's. It's a massive leap in logic to say that because these characters are excluded, the characters you listed have their chances exponentiated. A lot of other characters who are more popular than both characters you listed also have a great chance of getting in.
Sure, but I think those two easily have the best shot.

I believe Bethesda talked with Nintendo about the DLC for Smash a while back, and Doom was recently released on the Switch last year and was moderately popular before it seemed y'know completely impossible. I genuinely believe this is one of the safest bets that no one is taking. You can argue with me on that one if you want to lol.

Sora I already said my piece about, but basically, you take away Banjo, and since Geno is basically a sinking ship, Sora slides into like top 3 most requested newcomers, if not THE most requested newcomer. That's concluding that spirits deconfirm, AT's deconfirm, and series already in won't be represented in DLC. Nintendo's worked fine with Disney and Square before, and KH3 is riding into 2019 as arguably the most anticipated game of the year. Even if Erdrick gets in, his Disney label saves him from getting screwed over. He's got a really, really good shot of being this game.

A microsoft character is eh whatever I don't know or care about that if you wanna rip that one go ahead.

If you think other characters would be higher priority, I'll gladly hear you out but I think those two have really great chances.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
My Christmas gift to all of ya: My Final Five wants and/or predictions.

1. Erdrick/Bub & Bob
As much as the fans want Geno, Erdrick is considerably more deserving given that the Dragon Quest franchise is really hot with Japan. Alternatively, I'd actually pick these cuties as a Taito/Square rep if SqEx is feeling stingy even with Dragon Quest. Yeah, I know, but this is my list we're talking about.
2. Shantae
Anyone who opposes me truly believes Spirits disconfirm characters will be destroyed! Even though it happens with other minor third-parties like Fatal Frame, Rayman, and Shovel Knight, the Shantae Spirit was copped out of having at least some kind of WayForward music.
Even though Shantae is definitely out for the time being, she'll have her place in Smash valhalla someday. Get over it.:ultpacman:
3. Elma
Xenoblade X weirdly ended up with no music for now. Extremely suspicious in my eyes, especially if it's somehow confirmed that Spirits content doesn't affect DLC.
4. Pokémon character/or surprise Nintendo character
Honestly, none of these "characters no one would see coming" have to even be third party. In that case, I'd say the final DLC fighter will be an unexpected Nintendo character from any series at all, a Pokémon rep, or both (It would be for the best, especially if it turns out to be Misty).

ALTERNATE ROUTE: THIRD PARTIES ONLY TIMELINE
3. Microsoft-related character
At this point, the Microsoft character NEEDS to have some sort of Nintendo relation, but still. That one mandate leaves a Nintendo-originating Rare character and Steve from Minecraft as our possibilities. Japan is slightly more partial to Minecraft as of late, but the West will always stand by Rare content, especially Banjo & Kazooie. I'd say it's all up in the air at this point, and Sakurai IS still responsible for cherry-picking Nintendo's own pool of DLC choices.
4. Crash Bandicoot
"Hey, plumber boy, mustache man, your worst nightmare has arrived. Pack up your stuff!"
The PlayStation's designated successor to Sega and Sonic in the console wars. Crash spun his way into many gamers' hearts, including Nintendo customers from the 2000s onward, and is making one of the most serious comebacks a game character could ever make; not only are his first three titles lovingly remastered for all to see, but now Crash Team Racing is getting a revival in the near future. Even better, all four of the mentioned games will be together on Switch!
"How's that make you feel, buddy? Feel a little like your days are numbered?"

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Sure, but I think those two easily have the best shot.

I believe Bethesda talked with Nintendo about the DLC for Smash a while back, and Doom was recently released on the Switch last year and was moderately popular before it seemed y'know completely impossible. I genuinely believe this is one of the safest bets that no one is taking. You can argue with me on that one if you want to lol.

Sora I already said my piece about, but basically, you take away Banjo, and since Geno is basically a sinking ship, Sora slides into like top 3 most requested newcomers, if not THE most requested newcomer. That's concluding that spirits deconfirm, AT's deconfirm, and series already in won't be represented in DLC. Nintendo's worked fine with Disney and Square before, and KH3 is riding into 2019 as arguably the most anticipated game of the year. Even if Erdrick gets in, his Disney label saves him from getting screwed over. He's got a really, really good shot of being this game.

A microsoft character is eh whatever I don't know or care about that if you wanna rip that one go ahead.

If you think other characters would be higher priority, I'll gladly hear you out but I think those two have really great chances.
I firmly believe that Porky has a much greater chance than both Sora and Geno combined. The evidence for him makes it practically irrefutable.

While a Doom rep is likely, don't forget about games like Fallout and potentially even Wolfenstein.

Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright are almost always on Nintendo consoles, with the former (apart from mobile) being Nintendo exclusive. No spirit representation whatsoever, and they both certainly have a chance.

I'd also say Scorpion and maybe Sub Zero have a chance.

Plus, what if what Reggie said about Joker's inclusion being "emblematic" of the approach Nintendo is taking is not the way we depict it? It could be "emblematic" of Sakurai's wish list, since he likes Persona, or perhaps "emblematic" sales wise. Don't forget that the reveal hype for Ultimate waned greatly as we neared the end (starting off with Inkling and Ridley was great, ending with Ken and Incineroar; not so much).

I don't think Geno is necessarily a sinking ship. It'd actually be pretty good marketing to include him as DLC. His fanbase, while large, is considerably smaller than both K Rool's and Ridley's, and it's obvious the heavy hitters of the roster were in base. More specifically, the characters that would most likely appeal to casuals. The more niche choices were left for DLC, and I think both Joker and Piranha Plant are living proof. Geno's popular, but completely unknown to anyone who just plays the game casually, so it'd make sense to have him as DLC.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
I firmly believe that Porky has a much greater chance than both Sora and Geno combined. The evidence for him makes it practically irrefutable.

While a Doom rep is likely, don't forget about games like Fallout and potentially even Wolfenstein.

Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright are almost always on Nintendo consoles, with the former (apart from mobile) being Nintendo exclusive. No spirit representation whatsoever, and they both certainly have a chance.

I'd also say Scorpion and maybe Sub Zero have a chance.

Plus, what if what Reggie said about Joker's inclusion being "emblematic" of the approach Nintendo is taking is not the way we depict it? It could be "emblematic" of Sakurai's wish list, since he likes Persona, or perhaps "emblematic" sales wise. Don't forget that the reveal hype for Ultimate waned greatly as we neared the end (starting off with Inkling and Ridley was great, ending with Ken and Incineroar; not so much).

I don't think Geno is necessarily a sinking ship. It'd actually be pretty good marketing to include him as DLC. His fanbase, while large, is considerably smaller than both K Rool's and Ridley's, and it's obvious the heavy hitters of the roster were in base. More specifically, the characters that would most likely appeal to casuals. The more niche choices were left for DLC, and I think both Joker and Piranha Plant are living proof. Geno's popular, but completely unknown to anyone who just plays the game casually, so it'd make sense to have him as DLC.
Doomguy I feel is just the most important Bethesda character. He's like... y'know big grandaddy FPS himself.

I'd love another Mother rep, but Porky is not likely. His spirit missing just means it could be added at a later date for the 30th anniversary. If by some miracle of god we get Mother 3, I'll believe it when I see it.

Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright are fair game, but I think they're outmatched by Jibanyan and Monster Hunter, which neither of those are like WAY up there. Wouldn't be surprised to see them.

Scorpion has no chance lol MK isn't even existent in Japan and i'm not exaggerating, it doesn't even release over there.

I don't know what you mean by it'd be good to market Geno, because it's not like he's gonna be in a game any time soon. Even if he beats out Sora, Erdrick SCREWS him over big time. He's also a spirit. I would be genuinely amazed if he got in. Happy, but literally stunned.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Doomguy I feel is just the most important Bethesda character. He's like... y'know big grandaddy FPS himself.

I'd love another Mother rep, but Porky is not likely. His spirit missing just means it could be added at a later date for the 30th anniversary. If by some miracle of god we get Mother 3, I'll believe it when I see it.

Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright are fair game, but I think they're outmatched by Jibanyan and Monster Hunter, which neither of those are like WAY up there. Wouldn't be surprised to see them.

Scorpion has no chance lol MK isn't even existent in Japan and i'm not exaggerating, it doesn't even release over there.

I don't know what you mean by it'd be good to market Geno, because it's not like he's gonna be in a game any time soon. Even if he beats out Sora, Erdrick SCREWS him over big time. He's also a spirit. I would be genuinely amazed if he got in. Happy, but literally stunned.
Evidence for Porky:
- No spirit, despite all Brawl bosses having one.
- 30th anniversary of Mother is next year.
- Limitless moveset potential.
- Would generate a lot of hype (and money).
- Adding a spirit later on for an anniversary is completely arbitrary.

Erdrick is so likely it's scary, but I still find it odd how quickly his chances rose. Suddenly insiders were hearing Erdrick way more, just because of one unsubstantiated rumor. Given how harsh Square is on leaks, this could all very well be leakbait (but could also not).

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Evidence for Porky:
- No spirit, despite all Brawl bosses having one.
- 30th anniversary of Mother is next year.
- Limitless moveset potential.
- Adding a spirit later on for an anniversary is completely arbitrary.

Erdrick is so likely it's scary, but I still find it odd how quickly his chances rose. Suddenly insiders were hearing Erdrick way more, just because of one unsubstantiated rumor. Given how harsh Square is on leaks, this could all very well be leakbait (but could also not).
I'm with ya on Erdrick. It's weird, but I don't doubt his inclusion.

Also, if Porky is in, I'll GLADLY eat my words.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
*For the very niche subset of Western Mother 3 fans.

You're ignoring that Porky is an antagonist from a Japanese only JRPG that was already niche to begin with.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681

You're ignoring that Porky is an antagonist from a Japanese only JRPG that was already niche to begin with.
And you're ignoring the fact that casuals also look at DLC, and they tend to judge things at face value. Porky would have a crazy moveset, not to mention even casuals have been exposed to him because he was a boss in Brawl.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Some Prediction by Smashboards community (averages)

Steve 57% / Banjo & Kazooie 21%
Professor Layton 35% / Jibanyan 13% / Katrielle Layton 1.5%
Phoenix Wright 33% / Leon 29% / Jill 18% / Amaterasu 9%
Erdrick 29% / Sora 13% (These 2 reviews are from before the rumor about Erdrick.)
Crash 28%
Rayman 24% (evaluation already downgraded taking into account that Rayman exists in Spirit.)
Doomguy 12%
Ryu Hayabusa 10%

Porky : The villains of Smash are only with the "original 8". He's missing, that's for sure, but could not it appear as a boss/AT ?

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
People still think Porky is likely? If Porky gets in I will change my profile picture to anything of someones choice for 6 months.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Reggie told the VGAs that the DLC characters will be from series we have "insuspectable", "never seen in Smash, whatever the form".
Sakurai wants to integrate characters that are "unique" and "different" into the Smash Bros. environment.
There are only 12 new fighters for Ultimate, it seems obvious that these 12 elected are each from different series, and different publishers for non-Nintendo content. No license will have donated 9 or 4 non-Echo representations : Mario/Pokemon 8 - Zelda 6 - Fire Emblem 5 - DK/Metroid/Kirby/Starfox 3. Not 4.

-> Bye bye Travis Touchdown, Master Chief, Dante + Konami, Sega, Monster Hunter, Lloyd Irving, Heihachi Mishima, Rayman... and all the characters of the Nintendo licenses already represented. Rareware ? Be careful... King K. Rool and Krystal were created by Rareware.

It turns out that Persona 5 and Dragon Quest III are the 2 favorite games of Japaneses : https://www.dualshockers.com/persona-5-best-game-time-famitsu/ Joker is the first DLC. The second is potentially Erdrick. But they was the easiest to find. There are only three places left, and this is where it gets complicated.

Happy holiday season!
You posted this several places and it is factually wrong. Reggie never said anything more than that they would be new to the series, i.e. not in Smash before as a fighter.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Porky is the antagonist in Earthbound as well. AKA; The bridge between Ness and Lucas.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
If only Bethesda had their own IPs, and not ones that they acquired...maybe they'd be able to have some success porting that IP to the Switch. And then Nintendo could use that game to advertise it before they even showed off Mario Odyssey...

Yeah, I know Dovahkiin's a pipe dream, but I have to think that there's more of a chance we'd see something Elder scrolls than Wolfenstein or Fallout. "Brutally Kill Nazis" and "Nuclear War" aren't themes that people all over the world tend to like, especially the general feelings about nuclear weapons in Japan. Meanwhile, Skyrim was the first western game to get a perfect on Famitsu, and it was literally the second game shown off for the Switch. There's also a lot of thematic overlap with Breath of the Wild.

Not that I want to even think it has a chance because I don't want to be disappointed, but there is quite a bit going for it.

---

I'm still of the opinion that Spirits are out for the DLC pack...unless they open up a second pack. With the care that each Spirit battle was crafted, I don't see them have been considered as DLC at the time. Now if there's another pack, that may change things.

About Sylux and Porky, though...I'm not seeing it. I'm expecting this pack to be all third party for maximum hype; I'm sure that the 'missing' Porky and Sylux spirits are just missing. They may be coming with later Spirit updates. After Metroid got two newcomers, I don't know if I see them pulling a Fire Emblem and giving us a third for DLC, and Mother's been dead and buried for ages, and still the final chapter is only Japanese.

I am a bit disappointed though they didn't port some of the other Brawl bosses over. I'd have liked to fight Porky and Rayquaza again.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Porky does have a Spirit.
The Absolutely Safe Capsule is Porky's Spirit. At the end of Mother 3, he was trapped inside, unable to ever get out for all of eternity.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Porky does have a Spirit.
The Absolutely Safe Capsule is Porky's Spirit. At the end of Mother 3, he was trapped inside, unable to ever get out for all of eternity.
Ehh I think for the purpose of the can-they-be-DLC discussion I wouldn't count that as a "Porky" spirit. But if you're talking purely about being represented as a spirit I'd be inclined to agree (though I've never played the games so I can't speak as a fan of the series.)

Rick4Smash

Smash Rookie

Jibanyan definitely checks out for me

-Uber Popular in Japan? Check.
-Uber Popular in 2015 when DLC was first being discussed? Check.
-Spherical in Shape? Check.
-Unexpected? Check.
-Coincides with a game release next year? Check.
-Feasible Moveset? Check.

The only thing that doesn't completely check out is the fact that Yo-kai watch comparatively didn't do very well in other countries, (it still did okay for a while), but since this is a Japanese game and most of the decisions seem to be geared towards Japanese audiences I don't think that's a big issue.

It could provide a counterbalance to Pokemon as well, and could make for an introduction of a lot of fun items.

Last edited:

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Jibanyan definitely checks out for me

-Uber Popular in Japan? Check.
-Uber Popular in 2015 when DLC was first being discussed? Check.
-Spherical in Shape? Check.
-Unexpected? Check.
-Coincides with a game release next year? Check.
-Feasible Moveset? Check.

The only thing that doesn't completely check out is the fact that Yo-kai watch comparatively didn't do very well in other countries, (it still did okay for a while), but since this is a Japanese game and most of the decisions seem to be geared towards Japanese audiences I don't think that's a big issue.

It could provide a counterbalance to Pokemon as well, and could make for an introduction of a lot of fun items.
I definitely think Jibanyan could get in, I just don't know how high up the chain of priorities he is. But then again, we don't even know who is a priority in the first place

cyberNurgle

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
6570-6238-2710
Now I can't possibly guess anymore with Joker announced but I will point something out. Remember that pic of him hanging with Kojima? That might be a clue.

Ornl

Smash Ace
"that never saw it coming / not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros"
is an announcement that eliminates Monster Hunter. Smash Bros will sell Mii Costumes individually:
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42489/p/897
Sylux and Monster Hunter will can be Mii Fighter Costumes.

Joker is a RPG character who has a personality and a physical taking the cat as a model, and who can to invoke demons/spirits.
-> Jibanyan is a RPG cat who is himself a mignon/spirit.
Incineroar is a RPG red cat with fire type.
-> Jibanyan is a RPG red cat with fire type. But he's cute and unique (like Mewtwo).
But the biggest weak point of Jibanyan remains his rival, Professor Layton ^^

Scorpion has no chance in front of Ryu Hayabusa.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
"that never saw it coming / not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros"
is an announcement that eliminates Monster Hunter.
"Hey guys you should all buy the DLC because its exactly what you expect" - has there ever been a more hype killing statement in the history of video games? Of course he is going to tell us how exciting and new and unexpected the DLC is because he's selling the DLC. Taking anything Reggie said as clear evidence one way or the other reminds me of Buddy the elf thinking that hole in the wall coffee place had the world's best coffee.

Ornl

Smash Ace
If Reggie's words may seem obvious, it does not preclude having to consider them.
"that never saw it coming / not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros" is an announcement that will salt some expectations.

It's the true ending too for all chances concerning Banjo & Kazooie, in addition to being a non-promotional character, and that Smash has already summoned K. Rool and Krystal who were created by Rareware.

What would the new prediction lists look like without Konami, Sega, Travis Touchdown, Master Chief, Dante, Monster Hunter, Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, Shantae, Lloyd Irving, Heihachi Mishima... and all the characters of the Nintendo licenses already represented ?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If Reggie's words may seem obvious, it does not preclude having to consider them.
"that never saw it coming / not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros" is an announcement that will salt some expectations. Here are some recorded supports from the Smashboards community regarding some characters (not all topics are recorded) :
Banjo & Kazooie 318, Rayman 308, Professeur Layton 143, Shantae 133, Crash 116, Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project) 74, Phoenix Wright 60, Ayumi Tachibana 52, Lloyd Irving 52, Doomguy 49, Arle Nadja 39, Erdrick 32, Heihachi Mishima 22, Nightmare (Soulcalibur) 20, Spriro 20, Goemon 19, Rhythm Girl 18, Terry Bogard 17, Quote (Cave Story) 16, Steve 14 (no mistake), Ryu Hayabusa 13, Solaire 13.

It's the true ending too for all chances concerning Banjo & Kazooie, in addition to being a non-promotional character, and that Smash has already summoned K. Rool and Krystal who were created by Rareware.

What would the new prediction lists look like without Konami, Sega, Travis Touchdown, Master Chief, Dante, Monster Hunter, Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, Shantae, Lloyd Irving, Heihachi Mishima... and all the characters of the Nintendo licenses already represented ?
I’m pretty sure it would be nothing but bottom of the barrel choices with only a few good ones.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Support =/= expect. I support Paper Mario, but don't think he has a bat's chance in hell right now. If he proves me wrong, well then I'd be gladly wrong.

Ornl

Smash Ace
Table to see more clearly
Names
/ Millions of series sales / Average of % chances (forecast) / Numbers of supports by topic
[E] = Spirit. [J] = non-Japanese origin. [x] = interrupted license. [*****] = top preferences in Japan: https://www.dualshockers.com/persona-5-best-game-time-famitsu/

- Steve 154M, 57%, 14 [J]
- Banjo & Kazooie 5M (first 2 opus), 21%, 318 [J] [x]

- Leon S. Kennedy 85M, 29%, ?
- Amaterasu 8M (first opus), 9%, ? [*****]
- Phoenix Wright 7M, 33%, 60

- Erdrick 76M, 29%, 31 [*****]
- Lara Croft 67M, 12%,? [J]
- Sora 24M, 13%, ? [*****]
- 2B 15M, 22%, ? [*****]

- Crash 56M, 28%, 116 [J]
- Spyro 20M, 15%, 20 [J]

- Arle Nadja 25M, ?%, 39 [license conflict with Joker]

- Ryu Hayabusa 17M, 10%, 14

- Nightmare (SC) 15M, ?%, 20
- Solaire 15M, ?%, 14 [exists in amiibo]
- KOS-MOS ?M, 7%, 64 [*****]

- Professor Layton 15M, 35%, 143
- Jibanyan 13M, 13%, ?

- Rayman 14M, 24%, 308 [E] [J]

- Doomguy 8.5M, 12%, 49 [J]

- Shantae ?M, 9%, 133 [E] [J]

- Reimu Hakurei ?M, 5.5%, 74

- Terry Bogard ?M, 5.5%, 17

- Quote (Cave Story) ?M, ?%, 16

- Nero Claudius ?M, ?%, ? [*****]

- Leon S. Kennedy 85M, 29%, ?
- Amaterasu 8M (first opus), 9%, ? [*****]
- Phoenix Wright 7M, 33%, 60
- Erdrick 76M, 29%, 31 [*****]
- Sora 24M, 13%, ? [*****]
- 2B 15M, 22%, ? [*****]
- Arle Nadja 25M, ?%, 39 [license conflict with Joker]
- Ryu Hayabusa 17M, 10%, 14
- Nightmare (SC) 15M, ?%, 20
- Solaire 15M, ?%, 14 [exists in amiibo]
- KOS-MOS ?M, 7%, 64 [*****]
- Professor Layton 15M, 35%, 143
- Jibanyan 13M, 13%, ?
- Reimu Hakurei ?M, 5.5%, 74
- Terry Bogard ?M, 5.5%, 17
- Quote (Cave Story) ?M, ?%, 16
- Nero Claudius ?M, ?%, ? [*****]

Last edited:

Dededetective

Smash Rookie
Here we go, the most out-there DLC list here:
1. Joker (cause he is already in)
2. A fighting game rep. I'm guessing Sub-Zero/Heihachi
3. An indie rep. Here's hoping for Madeline/Reimu
4. A SE rep. So Sora/2B
5. A Capcom rep. Phoenix Wright/Frank West would be real nice.

But realistically this is what will happen (besides Joker):
2. Erdrick
3. Banjo - Kazooie
4. Sora
5. Edelgard

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Vergeben had his credibility taken down a notch. He claimed that the Direct would show off Star Fox: Grand Prix and a port of Pikmin 3. He also claimed that any Zelda content revealed in the Direct has nothing to do with Link's Awakening. This makes Erdrick and Steve less likely.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Vergeben had his credibility taken down a notch. He claimed that the Direct would show off Star Fox: Grand Prix and a port of Pikmin 3. He also claimed that any Zelda content revealed in the Direct has nothing to do with Link's Awakening. This makes Erdrick and Steve less likely.
His credibility was murdered when Joker was revealed. So from now on, I’m taking his “word” with a HUGE grain of salt.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
thank goodness for that

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The more I honestly think about it. There's the slight possibility of a DQ character being in Smash having been confused for Dai in Jump Force.

In all honestly Erdrick's chances has drastically dropped since no reveal at that Direct.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Erdrick is still happening since you have dozens of other insiders saying him.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
A mix of wants and predictions, but the wants are probably never gonna happen:
71. Joker
72. Erdrick
73. Bandana Waddle Dee
74. Chorus Kids
75. Banjo & Kazooie

Top Bottom