• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The final character is revealed: Wolf

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
HAVE YOU PEOPLE SEEN GAMEPLAY VIDS OF WOLF?

No? Then HUSH...PLEASE..

We dont know if he plays the same as Fox, he just looks like a grey/wild Fox. There is no knowing SURE he is a clone.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We don't know that. Dont forget that some people who leaked stuff and havent given anything wrong yet claimed Wolf uses a Rocket Launcher in some form. You cant tell just from the Final Smash...there are many which do the exact same thing. All the horizontal energy beams pushing people...Pikachu's & Sonic's work the same way and so forth.

Considering how all the other characters turned out, the chances of Wolf being completely unique are laughable at best. Also, you're comparing characters from different franchises and that's why the arguement doesn't hold that much water.

Again...no he isnt...AT ALL
From what I've been told, Lucario's playing mechanics are very similar to Mewtwo's.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
From what I've been told, Lucario's playing mechanics are very similar to Mewtwo's.
You've been told incorrectly. Check the videos. Lucario only has minor similarities to Mewtwo

And still, we dont know...if Wolf does use a Rocket Launcher then he might be a snake clone...who knows

Revven

FrankerZ
The picture (the Classic one) can't be fake because it's his COMMAND look, not his Assault look. I seriously doubt someone ripped Wolf's head from COMMAND (a DS game by the way) and put it on there because it would look horribly made (since it would be official art or DS graphics).

It's the real deal... his look is from Command not Assault.

MechanizedDeviousFox

Smash Journeyman
The picture (the Classic one) can't be fake because it's his COMMAND look, not his Assault look. I seriously doubt someone ripped Wolf's head from COMMAND (a DS game by the way) and put it on there because it would look horribly made (since it would be official art or DS graphics).

It's the real deal... his look is from Command not Assault.
If so, he looks terrible. The proportions just scream EW at me... or maybe it's the close up, heh.

bugball

Smash Apprentice
ok, so we are officially ****ed now, no mewtwo, 4 or 5 clones, and still people thinks sakurai did a great roster, blind your eyes if you want, but the reality is that sakurai did it wrong.. **** yous akurai, 100 posibilities of makes the game of games, and you choose the worng one

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I feel like punching people.....not because of the roster, but because of the ****** infestation here.....

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E5iEeigcuc

Look at the Mewtwo clone!

(IM being Sarcastic btw, but it seems that today thats not so smart, since certain people are....well......idiots)
Note how I said semi-clone and upon watching several videos, a lot of the mechanics of Mewtwo's moves were given to Lucario (ie; b attack, dair, uair, bair,all three of his smash attacks, etc). It could be said that Lucario is to Mewtwo as Ike is to Marth/Roy.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
bah, what a waste... ah well

I'm still clinging to the hope there are actual ''secret character''s to unlock. There is no rule that every char in the game has to be playable (or listed) in the SSE. In fact, that would make them even more "secret".

Maybe its just blind hope and it very well could be but meh... Ridley & Krystal for SSB4!
(fyi I am ok with the roster as is, but I can still hope :p)

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Wow, two clones of the same character after Sakurai's big thing about "yeah, I'm thinking of axing the clones". Not only are the clones with the exact same final smash, but their move set is based around a character whose moveset doesn't even really come from the game he originated.

Bah...

PXG

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this was posted yet...

Anyway, yeah, it kind of sucks that we get three of the "same" character, but get over it people. Don't you dare call Sakurai or his team lazy. They put their sweat, tears, blood and every cell in their body in this game. Brawl has the most depth and content I have EVER seen in a video game. Though I have yet to play it myself, my keen eye and gut tell me that this is on helluva game. Its just so polished and so well done.

Big deal if the *insert character here* isn't in it. If Brawl were a delicious cake, and ONE CRUMB of that cake didn't taste good, would you honestly really care that much. Sure, Smash is about the characters and all, but when you have this much, carefully pieced content, at the end of the day, it won't matter that Ridley or Mega Man aren't in the game.

So, grow up, suck it up and shut up. Brawl is going to ****ing awesome and you all know it.

/rant.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice

Hahaha, oh wow.

Someone took the picture I posted on /v/ and posted it here.

You might as well copy what I typed up there too:

B - Blaster. Less range fires slower than fox and falco, but looks stronger.
Forward B - Same as Fox and Falco's shadow fox dash thing. Only Wolf's goes slightly upwards too. At about a 25 degree angle.
Down B - Reflector
Up B - Like Firefox, only it doesn't really charge, goes really high though. Maybe it only goes up?

That's from what I saw anyway.

Sorry about the poor image quality, I was watching at 200% screen size :)

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice

Anyway, yeah, it kind of sucks that we get three of the "same" character, but get over it people. Don't you dare call Sakurai or his team lazy. They put their sweat, tears, blood and every cell in their body in this game. Brawl has the most depth and content I have EVER seen in a video game. Though I have yet to play it myself, my keen eye and gut tell me that this is on helluva game. Its just so polished and so well done.

Big deal if the *insert character here* isn't in it. If Brawl were a delicious cake, and ONE CRUMB of that cake didn't taste good, would you honestly really care that much. Sure, Smash is about the characters and all, but when you have this much, carefully pieced content, at the end of the day, it won't matter that Ridley or Mega Man aren't in the game.

So, grow up, suck it up and shut up. Brawl is going to ****ing awesome and you all know it.

/rant.
The roster isn't a crumb. It's the whole top layer! With the icing on top! Or in this case a great big pile of threeclonedcharacters/10. You can't tell me that's not lazy. If they have 5 random clones, two of them for the same character, why not 10 more? Being back Pichu, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario and Roy while we're at it! Ths game will rock, but it will not rock my socks.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
3 fox clones come on sakurai had 6 years to come up with a unique moveset.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Most members on this board can come up with a roster/moveset in 5 minutes.

Sakurai is incompetant! (lol)

EDIT: Just came up with a theory...

Maybe Sakurai was ill and he DID NOT RECOVER!!!!

Joshers744

Smash Rookie
so glad Wolf is in this...wish he wasn't a clone, but at least he's in it! Just another nice character in which I'll have to decide between.

I'm still alittle confused though...he wasn't in the 35 roster everyone's been talking about, was he?? I hope not, I want to see more actual SECRET characters...though I'm as impatient as most of you are too. :p
I so wish there was Knuckles...he would be perfect.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I just want to know why they chose Wolf over Krystal when they were just going to make him yet another Fox clone. It absolutely makes no sense. :(

That's all I really want to know. Other than that, better luck next time, Krystal? I might even use Wolf instead, just to use that non-canon red Landmaster.

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice
so glad Wolf is in this...wish he wasn't a clone, but at least he's in it! Just another nice character in which I'll have to decide between.

I'm still alittle confused though...he wasn't in the 35 roster everyone's been talking about, was he?? I hope not, I want to see more actual SECRET characters...though I'm as impatient as most of you are too. :p
I so wish there was Knuckles...he would be perfect.
He was. Sad, eh?

Top Bottom