• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fan-made Emissary (plotline in progress)

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
A few things:
*They must fight the Game and Watch Octopus! That'd be awesome! Maybe have the party board the Halberd, defeat whoever is controlling it, bust into the cockpit and see the G&Ws piloting it. Then they crash into the Super Flat Zone's ocean.
*Dedede is a villain for most of the story, but it turns out he was controlled by Dark Matter. I know its cliche, but I don't think it would work for other villains. Dedede's not evil, after all. Maybe Skull Kid?
*Golden Sun characters team up with Mother characters.
*Prof. Hector is a contemporary of Dr. Andonuts. Jeff knows ROB. (This is assuming you don't go off the real SSE explanation of who ROB is.)
*Bowser attacks someone in his Doomships with Kamek and the Koopalings. When he is defeated he is burned alive like in New Super Mario Bros. and another party fights Bowser Bones late in the story.
Thats all I've got for now... Hope you peoples like my suggestions! :)

Tha Ice Cream

Smash Rookie
-Deoxys needs to interrupt the Starfox team and have a battle with them. When Deoxys is defeated he will be controlled by Cyrus and evil will rise.
- Arceus the God Pokemon sees in a later part of the story whats happening and decides to attack Taboo. Expect an epic fight.
- Bowser Jr. needs to appear as an independent character and will change from evil to good.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I had an idea during a "SSB Movie" Day dream I had - that Metaknight would KO Captain Falcon at the top of the screen early on in the film (maybe the Halberd interfered with a F-Zero Race?) and carry on with his business. At the end of the film, all hope seems lost and the Halberd is escaping - suddenly a helmet-less, bloodied CF falls from the sky with an epic "FALCON PUNCH" Cry, and TEARS the ship in two.

Earthworm Jim-esque, wouldn't you say?

Oh I love the idea of a Fan Made SSE (even though I think this thread will overload the author with ideas) - here's a random scene I thought up.

"As Samus' helmet descends to the ground, Ridley lets out an ear-shattering roar and whips the rest of her body into the depths with his tail. Snake gazes helplessly at the blood-stained platform as he finally arrives. He pulls out his Stinger, locks on to the dragon and fires ruthlessly. Ridley effortlessly whips them away with his wings, and flies out of the cavern. Snake throws his useless weapon to the floor with a desparate scream and picks up Samus' helmet.
He strokes the visor.
The Codec starts to ring.
He doesn't answer."

EDIT: I've read that "There's no way Link can be evil, etc. You should die for your blasphemy" is a common opinion here.
Did anyone else get the uneasy feeling about Midna when playing Twilight Princess? Just imagine how severe Midna's plans could have been, Link followed. The Spirits of Light ensured that Link was following the correct path, but I think this premise can EASILY lead to Link doing evil acts without knowing it.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if we should include blood in the fanfic if it is picture based. Brawl doesn't include blood despite the fact Ike and Marth cut people into pieces and stuff like that.

mas369

Smash Apprentice
For the "Traitor Character" idea from the previous page, I have two ideas for it.

1. Have them be a character who was in Melee, bur was cut from Brawl(i.e. Roy, Mewtwo). It would give the character a (weird) reason to turn traitor and betray the other heroes.

2. Make an original character for this role. This would be hard to wright from the beginning, but they could be bent anyway you want them to, allowing for a Face Heel Turn that wouldn't upset any fanboys.

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
On that one street, on the hill, next to the tree
1. Have them be a character who was in Melee, bur was cut from Brawl(i.e. Roy, Mewtwo). It would give the character a (weird) reason to turn traitor and betray the other heroes.
Eh... so that'd work, but only if they knew they were in a game. Unless you have a better idea? And if it turns out they know they're in a game, that's fine, but for now I think the grudge would need to be individual.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
For the "Traitor Character" idea from the previous page, I have two ideas for it.

2. Make an original character for this role. This would be hard to wright from the beginning, but they could be bent anyway you want them to, allowing for a Face Heel Turn that wouldn't upset any fanboys.
That's why I picked link, really no one will ever think he would do it, though we can make that he was tricked to do it, so the people (only two) complaining about that is such a good hero to be bad, can be happy.

mas369

Smash Apprentice
Eh... so that'd work, but only if they knew they were in a game. Unless you have a better idea? And if it turns out they know they're in a game, that's fine, but for now I think the grudge would need to be individual.
I earlier proposed the idea that at least one character may start thinking that it was a game and it could eventually evolve into a major plot point towards the end. but yeah, without them being aware of it, my first idea would just seem out of place
That's why I picked link, really no one will ever think he would do it, though we can make that he was tricked to do it, so the people (only two) complaining about that is such a good hero to be bad, can be happy.
Link being tricked, forced or not really Link would kinda work, but Link being just straight evil would be completly out of character and off the rails. If such an idea was in a legit Nintendo story, the entire writing team would be burned at the stake by crazed fans. It would only work in a completly backwords world like Earth-3

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
I earlier proposed the idea that at least one character may start thinking that it was a game and it could eventually evolve into a major plot point towards the end. but yeah, without them being aware of it, my first idea would just seem out of place
Oh, now I remember that. Ok, now I understand where the idea was coming from.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Ugh, don't merge the franchises please! Especially lumping together Earthbound and Pokemon, ugh. Please give everyone an equal role (or at least not a very lesser role as a second-hand flamethrower). I really want to see Earthbound to show in this, not to be biased or anything, but I think it needs more love. I'll help with working them in the story. Make sure to make Ninten look much older than Ness and Ness much older than Lucas. Ok, not too much, but at least make it realistic. If Ninten's going to be in add in that little untucked part of his shirt in this clay model: http://starmen.net/mother1/images/clay/ninten.png

About love stories... Don't do ones that don't make sense please!! Like, Snake and Samus to me seems like a very awkward team-up. Think of it this way. A sci-fi bounty hunter alien woman with a two-timing undercover mercenary. Doesn't really sound like a good idea. If anything it would be more interesting for them to be hunting eachother down. Wow! That'd make a good plot twist.

About the final battle stuff.... I think there should be multiple people that they'll all split up and eventually join together in one last final smash. (And I do mean FINAL SMASH as in the ones in-game.)

mas369

Smash Apprentice
I was going to make this just a pointless bump, but I thought I might as well throw in another idea. How about Mario and Luigi act things out instead of talk, like in Superstar Saga

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I wonder if they're already making progress in the story. Btw, can someone get me a link to the Smash Comic that one guy, FlintofMother3 was it?, with all of the pages in consecutive order. I.e. 1-2-3---over 9000!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
. Doesn't really sound like a good idea. If anything it would be more interesting for them to be hunting eachother down. Wow! That'd make a good plot twist.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith?

I'd like to see what we've got so far. Also, just for a last minute suggestion, Captain Falcon should die doing the manly Falcon Punch.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Mr. and Mrs. Smith?

I'd like to see what we've got so far. Also, just for a last minute suggestion, Captain Falcon should die doing the manly Falcon Punch.
I already said the Bounty Hunter VS Bounty Hunter idea, but it will work with Zamus and Snake too.

and C.Falcon doing the Manly Falcon punch sounds familiar, but I dont remember where I saw it.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
How is Kirby gay? He is just a pink puff ball, sorta like Jigglypuff but can instantly use your moves against you if he sucks you in.

I hope to see unusual matchups too, like Master Chief and let's say Boney. It's him an a dog, and another 2 or 3 guys who randomly make no sense.

I hope to see Lucas and Claus fight, but then Lucas tells him he's his brother then Claus shoots himself with lightning and kills himself. We should also see Lucas sobbing then very sadly, it should make the reader feel sad and add some difference between the very slap happy and fun nature of Smash Brawl games in general. I'd also hope there is another character who actually dies besides Claus, but I think it'd be best if it be a female character. It should also make the reader feel sad, after all in Smash games no one actually dies they just get knocked off the screen and are there clapping for the winner at the end (or crying if they're the Ice Climbers or Ash Ketchum). Or do you think it's too old fashioned if a female dies. Like if a fight happens and:

-ZSS is brutally injured and dies in the hands of Snake who proceeds to cry and it's sad.
-Kumatora is brutally injured and dies in the hands of Duster who proceeds to cry and it's sad.
-Paula is brutally injured and dies in the hands of Ness who proceeds to cry and it's sad.
-Nana is brutally injured and dies in the hands of Popo who proceeds to cry and it's sad.
-Mona is brutally injured and dies in the hands of Wario who proceeds to cry and it's sad (!)
-Zelda is brutally injured and dies in the hands of Link who proceeds to cry and it's sad.
-Peach is brutally injured and dies in the hands of Mario who proceeds to cry and it's sad.
-Sothe is brutally injured and dies in the hands of Ike who proceeds to cry and it's sad.
-Alexandra Roivas is brutally injured and dies in the hands of... someone. She has no boyfriend or husband though.

I hope that the SSE story can include at least one of the options above. It sounds too sappy yes but I'd add more variety to an otherwise pure action type story.

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
Okay. New Rule. No one is allowed to suggest a character that has never appeared on a Nintendo Console. This is supposed to be a Nintendo crossover people. That means no Master Chief please. I have nothing against Halo. I've never played the game before. I don't even own a X-box and I probably never will. However, not only is this a Nintendo crossover, but it's also already got 35 characters in it, which means we'll have to limit how many extra cast members we add. Limiting it to first and third party characters will help that.

Also, no offense Kiki, but ew. No way. That is so sexist. I've got an idea. How about Snake dies in Samus's arms. That would be different!

Or maybe we just can the whole overly mushy and melodramatic drivel that " (Chickified Love Interest) Character A dies in "(Manly Hero) Character B's arms and everyone cries over it." usually leads too? Edit: Besides, I still think Romance should be kept to a minimum. The excess of characters that need to be focused on means that romantic subplots would be a little much to deal with on top of all the more important story elements.

And please no Eternal Darkness! It was a good game, but Survival Horror does not belong in this kind of story!

*mops herself off*

I'm sorry. I'm over reacting. I just hate that sort of thing.

Really, it's up to Tyfighter to decide if he's going to listen to any of out suggestions. Still, I had to get that off my chest. XD;

Edit: Also. I think I need to clarify for anyone who doesn't get it, is that I wouldn't have anything against a female character dying. though I think we should keep character death minimal too since I don't think this should be too serious, I took offense at Kiki suggesting that specficly having a female character die would make the reader sad. It sounds like it has nothing to do with the character as a character and more to do with the character's gender, which is wrong. Also having them die in their "love interest's" (I use the term loosely because I still don't understand Snake/Samus) arms makes it sound like the sole purpose of their death would be to motivate the male character in some way, which is a wrong way to handle a character death. I'm just saying we shouldn't kill off a character just because they're female or because it would upset some other character.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
If anyone dies in the arms of another, it would be Lucas and Claus.

Also, I don't think that this plan will ever come to fruition. Why? Because, I've heard this song at least 100 times. Somebody says "I'm making a comic, ideas plz." People post ideas, and the author eventually just vanishes, having decided he doesn't want to work on it.

Plus, Master Chief? You're kidding, right?

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
It's true that we haven't heard from Tyfighter in a while now... >.> We'll just have to wait and see. I hope he really does do it though.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Huh, didn't see that before. Well, you have persuaded me, Master Cheif would make a cool addition. The point of this is to create an exciting new SSE, and adding more 3rd party characters is alright with me. (as long as we don't overflow the story with them)
See? Tyfighter said he will probably want to add Master Chief to the SSE fanfic. I told him about the Halo DS game and it could have been put on the DS if it had come out.

@Trouble the Cat
I am sorry I offended you. I wasn't meaning to be misogynistic or anything I just suggested that a female die because those are the old fashioned love stories. I liked the old fashioned love stories from the old movies, romantic novels, and such.
It also happens in the Metal Gear Series, like in Metal Gear Solid 2 I believe. The old Japanese games also used to do this type of thing in their games because it seems like a type of story Japanese like, think of Phantasy Star 2 and 4. Anyways you can reverse it too so Snake dies and Samus is sad.

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
He seem's to be under the mistaken impression that Master Chief is a third party character though. Either that or he is miss using the term third party/that's a typo. I still don't think none first and third party characters should be allowed. It's ultimately up to him though.

Okay, moving right along.
Near the start of the thread, I kinda liked the idea KumaOso had of Sonic and Snake being rebel creations of Taboo, though I wonder how that would work. I guess that can be extended to all of the other third party characters that are introduced in the story as well.

I think we should remember that the Smash characters are all trohpies created and brought to life by persumebly Master Hand for his amusement and their world is also probably his creation. Of course SSE actually calls that into question in a way, since Master Hand was commanding the villains and they seemed to be working with the Subspace Army. Why would Master Hand want his own creation taken to Subspace?
I know he was being controlled by Taboo, but if he created the Smash characters and Ganondorf, Bowser and Wario were loyal to him, you'd think at least Ganondorf would have noticed something wrong with his master sooner, right?
Maybe someone else created the Smashers and their world? Of course that might mean making up an OC or something and would be very hard to pull off, since we know from the intro of the first game that Master Hand at least "created" them in that game, but they were plushies then, so maybe it could still work.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Okay. New Rule. No one is allowed to suggest a character that has never appeared on a Nintendo Console. This is supposed to be a Nintendo crossover people. That means no Master Chief please. I have nothing against Halo. I've never played the game before. I don't even own a X-box and I probably never will. However, not only is this a Nintendo crossover, but it's also already got 35 characters in it, which means we'll have to limit how many extra cast members we add. Limiting it to first and third party characters will help that.

And please no Eternal Darkness! It was a good game, but Survival Horror does not belong in this kind of story!

Really, it's up to Tyfighter to decide if he's going to listen to any of out suggestions. Still, I had to get that off my chest. XD;
New rule? come on, everyone here is now trying to limite the story with some sort of "rules" or just trying to make the story based on SSE, cant we just create a whole new original story? The survival horror doesnt belong to the general story, but can still be used with some teams of characters who were trapped by someone else.

and if a character is not a third party doesnt mean we cant still put him in the story, think about banjo. "Hey guys lets put banjo on the sto... oh right the rules dont allow us to put characters that arent third party and since Banjo is owned by microsofts..."

see what I mean?

He seem's to be under the mistaken impression that Master Chief is a third party character though. Either that or he is miss using the term third party/that's a typo. I still don't think none first and third party characters should be allowed. It's ultimately up to him though.
I dont think that tyfighter would make that mistake.

oh right.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
and if a character is not a third party doesnt mean we cant still put him in the story, think about banjo. "Hey guys lets put banjo on the sto... oh right the rules dont allow us to put characters that arent third party and since Banjo is owned by microsofts..."

see what I mean?.
Even if we had the rule, Banjo and Kazooie would technically be eligible to be in the story. You know, back to my idea of Sonic and Snake being rebels. What if Banjo and Kazooie defected to Taboo.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Mr. and Mrs. Smith?
I was just finishing saying I thought it'd be stupid to have a love interest like Snake & Samus. Seriously, if you're doing that type of junk, at least keep it in the canon series! How will you feel if suddenly Samus got a real love interest in her games and the comic-readers teared you apart? Yah, that's what I thought.

If anyone has even been paying attention, Popo an Nana (the iceclimbers) are BROTHER AND SISTER! Not a couple, just close relatives.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was just finishing saying I thought it'd be stupid to have a love interest like Snake & Samus. Seriously, if you're doing that type of junk, at least keep it in the canon series! How will you feel if suddenly Samus got a real love interest in her games and the comic-readers teared you apart? Yah, that's what I thought.

If anyone has even been paying attention, Popo an Nana (the iceclimbers) are BROTHER AND SISTER! Not a couple, just close relatives.
I wasn't serious about that.

Has it ever been said that Popo and Nana are siblings.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Oh, didn't know that. Just wondering, but where is that said?
Bleh, can't remember, heard it on Show Me Your News. That's why I said ask SamuraiPanda. I'm sorry, but this comic looks more and more like a flimsy flip-flop plotline-type. I mean, how many plots have there been that've changed?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't know. We haven't agreed on a whole lot of things other than teams.

Royboy

Smash Apprentice
some funny ideas that i got:

- PT Trying to catch yoshi and/or snake trying to eat him
- Sonic beating C.Falcon's Car
- diddy and link trying to have a conversation with grunts and chimpy sounds
-Dedede and ice climbers hammer fight (pretty obvious)
- Wario eating some pikmins
-Snake destroying the KKC with a nikita
- Mario and luigi light saber fight
- Metaknight losing his mask
- AC characters involved in some manner

....more to come, i think

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Um, shouldn't this be in the pool room or something? This thread isn't discussing Brawl.

ancara22

Smash Apprentice
I have some ideas for this:

-Sonic and his friends, Tails and Knuckles((yes, they were also on a nintendo console, ok? >>)), get separated, and each of them teams up with somebody else, with Sonic being stuck with Mario((so as to add a bit of rivalry in the comic)), Tails ending up with Luigi((since they're both sidekicks, and it would be a good way to get some good friendship in the comic)), and Knuckles making an alliance with MK((Knuckles + Meta Knight + heated tempers = epic fights)). They eventually meet up with one another later on, and stick with each other for most of the rest of the story.

-Wario and Waluigi are treasure bandits that are trying to get into king DeDeDe's treasure room, and an epicly funny 5 minute montage of every attempt they try to make of getting in there is shown. Then, they end up in there after falling into an air duct while arguing, and their eyes show dollor signs, a classic sign for greedy types. Then, just as they are about to get their hands on the treasure, Kracko((a re-accuring Kirby Boss)) apears in front of them, most likely as a security system to keep intruders out. Then, the two thieves run like hell to end up not getting killed. Eventually though, they are cornered, and Kracko shoots a lighting bolt at them. They get hit, blast out of the castle, and end up on the ground a long distance away. Then, Wolf ends up seeing them and pulls them up to their feet, and offers them a chance to get fabulous riches.....and by 'offer', I mean threatens them to either join, or be killed by the Star Wolf Team, which is nearby. They, regrettably, accept, and they go with them. Later on, you could have them escape from them, and then have Wario fight Wolf in a final battle to determine whether or not the two of them stay alive.

-Kirby, loveable little dude he is, goes through a junkyard at one point in the story, and finds a broken down robot. This robot is Megaman, and Kirby turns him on. Megaman asks what happened, and Kirby explains, but only in the usual incomprehensible language he speaks in. Suprisingly, Megaman has this language in his databases, and understands what the fish he's saying. He then goes with Kirby, to see what the world is now like. Once Kirby uses his copy technique, Megaman will see Kirby as possibly better than him, and gets a little jelous. This causes a friendly little rivalry between the two, trying so hard to see who has the most powerful copied techniques. Hillarity ensues.

-C. Falcon and Fox meet each other just before a race is about to begin, and they discover that they're racing each other. They wish each other good luck, and get in their behicles, and then the race starts. Just before the race ends though, a subspace bomb in placed on the track, and one of the unfortunate racers racing((anybody could cameo as said racer)) ends up hitting it with their racer, setting it off. Then, most of the arena is engulfed in subspace, and Falcon's about to end up in it, but Fox, who conveniantly is in his Arwing, yoinks him out of his vehicle just in time, and flies them out into a safe spot. Then, after catching their breath, they then see a strange vehicle go off in a certain direction. They decide to go investigate if the vehicle could be related to the event, and off they go.

What do ya think?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm still interested in this project.

Here is an I idea for the starting chapter.

The SSB roster is on a bus on the way to a coliseum to participate in a Smash tournament. Finally, they get to the tournament. As the tournament reaches the finals with Mario vs. Luigi, suddenly, the Ancient Minister appears and drops a subspace bomb in the colloseum. The bomb consumes everyone but Ness thanks to his teleporting abilities.

Not that great but it's something after all this time and it's based off of the original storyline somewhat.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
How about Link joining the good side but always seeming serious, like Cloud in FF7? Then, later in the story, Snake could be spying on Link, with Ganondorf trying to converse with him a few times, and after a while turn into Dark Link. He could then fight for evil for a while until the good guys knock him out of it, after which an epic battle between Link and Ganondorf takes place.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
The SSB roster is on a bus on the way to a coliseum to participate in a Smash tournament. Finally, they get to the tournament. As the tournament reaches the finals with Mario vs. Luigi, suddenly, the Ancient Minister appears and drops a subspace bomb in the colloseum. The bomb consumes everyone but Ness thanks to his teleporting abilities.
So everyone except Ness dies? :)

I think then so you can introduce new characters and Ness meets them and they somehow bring all the former roster back to life somehow in the middle of the story. The story would be then about the survivor Ness and his travels to recruit people to help him fight.
This seems similar in a way to Suikoden III.

It'd be a great story that Ness teleports into another universe and meets Master Chief who points a Spartan laser at Ness' head until something happens otherwise.

I'd think to figure out who is the sorta 'bad guy' in the story it should be Master Chief should be the 'bad guy' who turns good later. The only reason Master Chief should be bad is because he got teleported out of his own universe into the Nintendo universe and he's very suspicious of everyone and everything.

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
How about Link joining the good side but always seeming serious, like Cloud in FF7? Then, later in the story, Snake could be spying on Link, with Ganondorf trying to converse with him a few times, and after a while turn into Dark Link. He could then fight for evil for a while until the good guys knock him out of it, after which an epic battle between Link and Ganondorf takes place.
Nice. Do you have a reason for Link turning into Dark Link other than Ganondorf just standing there and oozing evil? Additionally, are you suggesting that Link stays away from the main "Smash Brothers" group (i.e. everyone) until after he fights Ganondorf? I've always liked the idea that Link has his own agenda...

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Yes to your second question. As for your first one:
Ganondorf has kidnapped Zelda and destroyed a good amount of Hyrule. Each time he talks to Link is after he destroys another town, village, etc. He says that the only chance he'll stop is if Link gives in to him, so Ganondorf pretty much makes darkness take over Link.

Top Bottom