• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fan-made Emissary (plotline in progress)

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
There was this one comic somewhere where Snake was drunk and he held Kirby and said to him "I love you Jigglypuff". I think that should be in the SSE story. Snake should get drunk and Kirby is also drunk in a bar and Snake thinks Kirby is Jigglypuff and holds him and flirts with him. But that comic that showed that showed some 17+ mature themes.

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
I guess the Sonic/Jigglypuff thing could be funny as long as it was Jiggs having a crush on Sonic and Sonic going WTF? XD

Though to be more serious here, I think you should probably keep any romance to a minimum and probably keep it to canon, like Mario/Peach and Link/Zelda, for the most part anyway. It'd be better to focus on developing friendships/partnerships between characters of the different franchises as they work together to fight the Subspace Army rather than romantic entanglements because that sort of stuff can get in the way of an otherwise good story if used too much.

Though that might just be my over exposure to fan fiction, which is almost always 99.9% romance, as if who's f*cking who is the most important thing in the world to any character in any fictional story (and as you can tell, I'm rather sick of that).

If I think of anything else to add to the suggestions, I'll let you know.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only non canon romance there should be is SnakexSamus.

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
My input:

-Lots of villains, obviously. Bowser, Wario, Waluigi, possibly Kamek (to fight Yoshi), Dedede, Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Ridley, Sylux, K. Rool, Star Wolf Team, Andross (hopefully), miscellaneous "bad" Pokemon, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Black Knight, Medusa
-Large Aerial battle. Samus's ship, Captain Falcon's ship, Great Fox, Arwings, Wolfens, Halberd
-Pokemon Trainer actually HAS a Mewtwo, but doesn't use, or even mention it, until towards the end.
-Good guys don't fight their usual bad guys. (Ex: Kirby vs Medusa. Medusa turns Kirby to "stone", but really, Kirby used his stone move to trick her ; Pokemon Trainer vs Bowser. Squirtle or Charizard vs Bowser would be pretty awesome)
-Some bad guys turn good.
-Some good guys turn bad.

Generic, I know. Maybe I'll come up with more original ideas later.

Daroach

Smash Cadet
Here's some more stuff from my mind:

• Daroach confronts Peach with a Subspace Bomb, about to send the Mushroom Kingdom to Subspace.
  • Peach joins up with Pit in order to stop Daroach, facing his henchmen along the way.
  • Peach and Pit confront Daroach and fight him.
  • Daroach is saved by Pokey and his Pigmasks and they make their escape.

Dubyah8r

Smash Journeyman
*******, GA (yes that really the name of the city,
That's true. I guess we should come up with a list of characters per series that get into the storyline. By the way, for anyone who read that draft I put up, ignore it. I realize that it's rather cheesey. Still, I think the bus idea should be implemented.

As for the characters, what do y'all think of this?

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

Wario
Waluigi
Captain Syrup

Samus
Ridley

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Genondorf
Toon Link

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Pichu
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Cranky Kong
K. Rool

Ness
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Lucas
Claus
Duster
Kumatora
Boney
Flint

Mike Jones

Olimar and Pikmin

Andy
Sami

Roy
Marth(a)
Lyn
Micaiah
Ike

Stafy

Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Lip

Pit

Ice Climbers

Mr. Game and Watch

Snake

Sonic

Tom Nook

Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf
Peppy
Slippy

ROB
Um...wow.. ten Earthbound characters and no new Zelda... no Midna, Skull Kid, or Tingle.. ****. Also Peppy= Slippy clone

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
My input:

-Lots of villains, obviously. Bowser, Wario, Waluigi, possibly Kamek (to fight Yoshi), Dedede, Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Ridley, Sylux, K. Rool, Star Wolf Team, Andross (hopefully), miscellaneous "bad" Pokemon, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Black Knight, Medusa
I wonder how many times people have to say to other people that Meta Knight is not a villain, before it's clear that he isn't? Meta Knight's Revenge not withstanding.
And I think DeDeDe is one of the less evil villains in Nintendo. That's probably why he wasn't actually working with Ganondorf/Bowser/Wario in the real SSE.

-Pokemon Trainer actually HAS a Mewtwo, but doesn't use, or even mention it, until towards the end.
I guess that's more original than throwing Mewtwo into the villain's camp like most people do, but what's wrong with Mewtwo just showing up without a trainer, whichever side he's on?

-Good guys don't fight their usual bad guys. (Ex: Kirby vs Medusa. Medusa turns Kirby to "stone", but really, Kirby used his stone move to trick her ; Pokemon Trainer vs Bowser. Squirtle or Charizard vs Bowser would be pretty awesome)
I have to agree that, that would be fun to see.

-Some bad guys turn good.
-Some good guys turn bad.
How does that second one work exactly? :/

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Nope. Daroach is an actual character from Kirby: Squeak Squad. :laugh:
Oh opps sorry I didn't play the Kirby games. The only way I know of Kirby is through SSBM and a vague memory of me at a department store seeing a pink cute ball on the cartridge of a Gameboy game.

Also, I think that it'd be sad to see a good guy turning bad. I can understand a bad guy turning good though. I'd like to see Mona whos in love with Wario (although he does not love her in return because she's too young) then turn good because Wario either does something she doesn't like or something like that.
I'd like to see like an epic battle between like Paula w/ Isaac versus Mona.

It may be dumb but I think Mona could have Isaac as her new boyfriend in the SSE story, even though I think it is stated she liked both Wario but then went out with some football captain at Diamond High School.

I agree we could have more Zelda reps like Skull kid. You can even add relatively wierd non-fighting characters like Reynald. No one would know who that is and they'd be like WTF?

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
On that one street, on the hill, next to the tree
I have trouble understanding that one too, the only way I could get that is either
A) they are captured and threatened and the weak ones give in and work for the antagonists
or
B) Some are captured but resist torture and are ultimately "cloned" (can't think of a better term), hence evil characters such as Dark Link.

I'm more in favor of... a little of both, actually, but let's try not to go overboard with the whole "captured good guy" thing, please.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It should have a controversial love triangle when Peach starts questioning her sexuality and experiments with Krystal

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
It should have a controversial love triangle when Peach starts questioning her sexuality and experiments with Krystal
It depends upon what Tyfighter wants. If that were in, it could possibly be inappropriate for audiences under 18 which could compromise a large part of the Smash Bros community.

It makes me feel old-fashioned saying that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It depends upon what Tyfighter wants. If that were in, it could possibly be inappropriate for audiences under 18 which could compromise a large part of the Smash Bros community.

It makes me feel old-fashioned saying that.
How is it inappropriate, people under 18 experiment with their sexuality...

12 year olds are doing oral in schools now

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
Originally Posted by OhCripe119
My input:

I wonder how many times people have to say to other people that Meta Knight is not a villain, before it's clear that he isn't? Meta Knight's Revenge not withstanding.
And I think DeDeDe is one of the less evil villains in Nintendo. That's probably why he wasn't actually working with Ganondorf/Bowser/Wario in the real SSE.
Sorry about the Meta Knight thing. I had a relapse. As for DeDeDe not being all that evil, he is in the Trouble King 2 event. Obviously not official Nintendo canon, but he did *spoiler?*
Turn Luigi into a trophy in SSE

Originally Posted by Trouble the Cat
I have trouble understanding that one too, the only way I could get that is either
A) they are captured and threatened and the weak ones give in and work for the antagonists
or
B) Some are captured but resist torture and are ultimately "cloned" (can't think of a better term), hence evil characters such as Dark Link.

I'm more in favor of... a little of both, actually, but let's try not to go overboard with the whole "captured good guy" thing, please.
To be honest I didn't think it out at all, really. Just thought it sounded fun. I kinda like your A idea. But you're right, it shouldn't go overboard, or it could end up feeling forced. Perhaps it shouldn't happen at all. I may have been a bit too eager.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sorry about the Meta Knight thing. I had a relapse. As for DeDeDe not being all that evil, he is in the Trouble King 2 event. Obviously not official Nintendo canon, but he did *spoiler?*
Turn Luigi into a trophy in SSE

To be honest I didn't think it out at all, really. Just thought it sounded fun. I kinda like your A idea. But you're right, it shouldn't go overboard, or it could end up feeling forced. Perhaps it shouldn't happen at all. I may have been a bit too eager.
He turned Luigi to a statue because he was gathering an army to face Taboo knowing Taboo would win the first battle, turning everyone to statues...

The brooches he placed on Luigi and Ness were timers that revived them after Taboo defeated everyone

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
or

I think I'd prefer B, except that canonically, they already have a method of cloning that they use without bothering to attempt to turn the good guys to their side.

On that note, I think an important thing that needs to be covered plot wise is to eleborate on how ROB became The Ancient Minister and ended up helping villains to begin with. They haven't exlpained that yet. Also, what is Taboo and where did he come from?

And PsychoIncarnate, all I have to say is that we really shouldn't add things that come out of left field like that. That suggestion sounds like pointless fan service to me.

Not to mention they'd be cheating on their canon boyfriends. XD

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it sounds fun. And it could work too. But when you get people who don't realize that such things can't be overused and you have a character from every franchise captured and not doing anything for 1/2 the story, you have a problem.

Infiltrators would be cool to have, I think. That would also add a certain uneasiness to the story, provided the character wasn't named. Like a minor character (council to a major villain, maybe?) who is in league with the Smash Brothers (good guys) and gets them information. Only thing is, if the villain just appears, that's not going to happen, it would need to be preemptive.

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
I think I'd prefer B, except that canonically, they already have a method of cloning that they use without bothering to attempt to turn the good guys to their side.
Oh, right, that'd be the trophy gun.... well, there is that. If you use that, no problem, but it may seem like we're stealing all of our ideas from the actual game. Unless you're supposed to use all the canonical stuff we can?:lol:
EDIT: Sorry, double post. Can I fix that?

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Obligatoryfinalboss

Infiltrators would be cool to have, I think. That would also add a certain uneasiness to the story, provided the character wasn't named. Like a minor character (council to a major villain, maybe?) who is in league with the Smash Brothers (good guys) and gets them information. Only thing is, if the villain just appears, that's not going to happen, it would need to be preemptive.
As far as infiltrators go,
I think Wolf O'Donnell would play the perfect inside source for the good side. He's played the anti-hero before, and I'm pretty sure he wants to defeat Fox himself. The hoardes of other villains could join forces because they're all tired of losing to their respective protagonists, but Wolf still believes he can beat Fox someday.

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
As far as infiltrators go,
I think Wolf O'Donnell would play the perfect inside source for the good side. He's played the anti-hero before, and I'm pretty sure he wants to defeat Fox himself. The hoardes of other villains could join forces because they're all tired of losing to their respective protagonists, but Wolf still believes he can beat Fox someday.
Hmm... so you're saying he's on both sides? Like, he relays info for another chance to beat Fox? That'd be interesting, all right.

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
Oh, right, that'd be the trophy gun.... well, there is that. If you use that, no problem, but it may seem like we're stealing all of our ideas from the actual game. Unless you're supposed to use all the canonical stuff we can?:lol:
EDIT: Sorry, double post. Can I fix that?
Yeah. Oops. XD

Anyway. I thought that's what this was supposed to be. Building on the actual storyline of the game to make it better and more interesting. Changing a few things, adding extra characters and story elements where appropriate, but other wise Ty would do well using the events of the game for a base, or else it would a completely original story rather than his take on SSE.

Edit: I mostly say that because there were things that I liked about the original story, like Lucas's storyline (I think they should have let Lucas save Ness) and Samus and Pikachu's teaming up and I think things like that should be kept, even if other things are changed.

And yeah, I can totally see Wolf that way. He's a mercenary like Fox, not a straight up villain out to take over the universe like Andross. He just choses to work for the bad guys instead of the good guys most of the time. I only played SF64 and SFA myself, but Wolf as the Rival who would help out because he feels he's the only one allowed to defeat Fox sounds like it works to me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was thinking of something that would make some teams more realistic in making. You know how Link and Zelda were not together in the SSE, and how Yoshi happened to be in the same place as Link? I was thinking something like that could be added into the story.

For example, Luigi could be outside the Mushroom Kingdom for some reason. This is one way individual characters can join groups.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
We should also make one of the gud guys a spy, but the one who someone would really suspect the least like
Nana
or
Link
, no characters like Luigi or Lucas, becuase of they personalities is would look like they cant be spies, making them more suspicoius (dont know if that word is written wrong)

By the way Kumaoso are you always connected? everytime I come to this thread your Smash Icon is always glowing... always....

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure what you're trying to say Kuma. You mean you want explainations for why certain characters appear where they do to team up with other characters, but you're example didn't explain anything.

Also, Link or Nana as spies? Hell no. Especially not Link. That would be really OOC.

I don't think there's any heroes who could potentially chose to serve the villains, unless they were some kind of evil clone in disguise or something. That goes straight back to the earlier point about some of the good guys turning bad. It wouldn't work.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what you're trying to say Kuma.

Also, Link or Nana as spies? Hell no. Especially not Link. That would be really OOC.

I don't think there's any heroes who could potentially chose to serve the villains, unless they were some kind of evil clone in disguise or something. That goes straight back to the earlier point about some of the good guys turning bad. It wouldn't work.
someties its good to do something different not what is expected, I mean if we just create the same story of the Smash Brawl Roster good vs Evil/Army it would be the same just with different scenes, but if no one like it its ok.

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
Different is good, but like I said, it would be out of character. I don't know about Nana, but Link is too much of a hero to ever work for villains willingly, especially since the villain roster includes Ganon, who is his eternal enemy.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Different is good, but like I said, it would be out of character. I don't know about Nana, but Link is too much of a hero to ever work for villains willingly, especially since the villain roster includes Ganon, who is his eternal enemy.
That's exactly I picked those two, Link have been always showed as the tipical hero and Nana Its always with Popo. Thinking that one of the two (Popo or Nana) is a spy while the other is not its higly unlikely, that's why I though of one of them.

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
You're missing the point. No one suspect them because they wouldn't do it.

Edit: Okay. Maybe you could come up with a story reason for Nana, like maybe one of the bad guys convinced her it was the only way to protect Popo, but Link is definitely out of the question.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not sure what you're trying to say Kuma. You mean you want explainations for why certain characters appear where they do to team up with other characters, but you're example didn't explain anything.

What I mean is that all the characters in one series won't be all together in the beginning. They could all be in different places.

As for my glowing, I'm on a lot. Although, I just sometimes have my window open.

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
I agree, it's so unlikely that Link would be a double-crosser that it bends my mind just to think it. He's just the quintessential hero, and him being a villain wouldn't make any sense.... except if he was forced into it (threat to Zelda's safety)? But that wouldn't work, because that happens in every single game that has Zelda in its name, and he always leaves to save her, no matter what. So the only different thing that you could have Link do would be to be on his own quest, not with the rest of the Smash Brothers. That'd be my take.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think that Nana would be a good character who ends up being bad, because think of Dedede. She should get into a romantic entanglement with Dedede because he has a bigger hammer than Popo does. That turns her to the dark side.

Link seems to goody goody to turn evil. Maybe Dark Link or something, like that alt for Link.

Anyways Tyfighter, how are you going on the story? Are you doing well?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think that Nana would be a good character who ends up being bad, because think of Dedede. She should get into a romantic entanglement with Dedede because he has a bigger hammer than Popo does. That turns her to the dark side.

Link seems to goody goody to turn evil. Maybe Dark Link or something, like that alt for Link.

Anyways Tyfighter, how are you going on the story? Are you doing well?
Copying someone else's joke isn't really a good idea...

Especially since Dedede isn't a villain...

Top Bottom