• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fan-made Emissary (plotline in progress)

mas369

Smash Apprentice
Maybe one character could eventually start thinking this is all possibly a video game and that said thought could become a major plot point towards the end.

Also, Ike and Captain Falcon need to have a scene where they kill one of the major villains with the Power of Rock and Roll

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Maybe one character could eventually start thinking this is all possibly a video game and that said thought could become a major plot point towards the end.

Also, Ike and Captain Falcon need to have a scene where they kill one of the major villains with the Power of Rock and Roll
This might be easy, but I was thinking Capt. Falcon meets Sonic first in the F-Zero Grand Prix. (because speed is both of their game) :) As they are racing each other, Black Shadow has set a trap near the finish line, but did not anticipate Sonic's arrival. The remaining portion can be extended by all of your opinions, if ya like it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What do you guys think of the drafts I put up?

this_plumber

Smash Rookie
[insert 2 caracters] runs toward FME (fan-made emissary) ship and gets stoped by [insert powerful villian] when Droa the explorer pops out by a nearby forest and weakens [same villian] with a powerful slap.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Huh? Are you saying they break the fourth wall?

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
A few ideas.

*Whoever the main villain ends up being controls Master Hand and Crazy Hand (That is to say, they're a part of him.) and disguises himself a Andross at some point.

*Meta-Ridley V.S Star Fox in their Arwings, until he makes them crash and the team (Including Slippy (Remember, Peppy retired from piloting before Assault.).) has to fight him on foot.

*Star Wolf shows up during the final battle to save every one.

*Capt. Falcon and Samus team up while trying to collect a bounty on Kirby, then all three of them team up. The bounty, having been offered by King Dedede, was actually a plot to kill all three of them to aid the greater evil force (Whatever it ends up being).

*Bowser and Ganondorf team up, and Mario, Luigi, Peach, Wario, and Waluigi have to fight them and their minions without the help of any Legend of Zelda characters due to a reason I haven't come up with yet (Feel free to come up with one if you want.). Bowser's not a total evil *******, unlike Ganondorf who just kills Luigi and Wario at the command of Master Hand (Who, in turn, is being controlled by an even greater force). Mario and Waluigi almost kill Ganondorf, but he tells them who he's working so they leave him alone. Bowser feels guilty over the situation and agrees to help the remaining Mario characters avenge Luigi's and Wario's death.

*It turns out King Dedede was being controlled by the Aparoids, who agreed to use their "skills" to help the group behind all the evil doings.
For those who know the story to Star Fox: Assault, they somehow survived being killed by Fox, I haven't quite worked that part out yet.

*The Star Fox team get seperated and team up with different characters.
Fox-Sonic
Falco-Snake
Slippy-Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong
Krystal-Micaiah

That's all I got for now, what do you think?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Very good, the death while saving someone has been mentioned and will definatley be put in. I would have never thought about both hands being Sakurai's hands, classic!
Thanks, Both hands being Sakurai's hand came to my mind and I wrote it, though it would be pretty funny if it is actually put in the story. Also everyone is giving very good ideas for this

Sheer brilliance. :)
How are you formatting this? Individual chapters are multiple franchise storylines with breaks, or a chapter revolves around one group of people?
EDIT: Are villains taken out by random characters (i.e Link and Ridley ) or by franchise (Bowser and Mario)?
Thanks :), I think it would be better to introduce the first chapters with a certain group of characters, then we could tell the story of each group without a specific order.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thanks, Both hands being Sakurai's hand came to my mind and I wrote it, though it would be pretty funny if it is actually put in the story. Also everyone is giving very good ideas for this

Thanks :), I think it would be better to introduce the first chapters with a certain group of characters, then we could tell the story of each group without a specific order.
I think that's a good idea. But, I also think that these should be occuring simultaneous somewhat. By that, I mean one event will affect another group somehow. For example, let's say Meowth is blasted off after Mewtwo destroys Team Rocket. In the next chapter, Zelda's group is focused on and Meowth lands near them.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Yes, chapters seem to make more sense. It will best represent a chain of events.
Now, I was thinking of brainstorming the villians featured in the Subspace Army. I know using the ones from the original is a given, but some like Cyrus (Team Galactica leader), Dark Samus, Eggman, even posessed Tortimer (funny if you remember the Almightygoat prophit), would be nice right now. And yes, featuring reasons why they joined would be great.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I think that's a good idea. But, I also think that these should be occuring simultaneous somewhat. By that, I mean one event will affect another group somehow. For example, let's say Meowth is blasted off after Mewtwo destroys Team Rocket. In the next chapter, Zelda's group is focused on and Meowth lands near them.
I see what you mean, is something like we end a chapter by saying that someone trapped a group of character (say that Zelda is one of them) in a place with a bomb, then in other chapter ness is fighting a villian and its several injured, he use the last of his power with PK Teleport, but he did in a rush and didnt know where he will send himself.

then in the next chapter he appears in the same place with the other charactes and the Bomb and its healed by Zelda and Ness telepor them before the bombs explodes.

That's what you meant by a event affecting another right?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I see what you mean, is something like we end a chapter by saying that someone trapped a group of character (say that Zelda is one of them) in a place with a bomb, then in other chapter ness is fighting a villian and its several injured, he use the last of his power with PK Teleport, but he did in a rush and didnt know where he will send himself.

then in the next chapter he appears in the same place with the other charactes and the Bomb and its healed by Zelda and Ness telepor them before the bombs explodes.

That's what you meant by a event affecting another right?
It's not exactly what I have in mind in terms of one affecting another but getting people up together due to circumstances is part of the plan. So, I guess that's what I meant.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Tyfighter I can think of a few villains for you.

You can include Pious Augustus, the main villain from Eternal Darkness. I talked about him a few pages back.

Also, if you make Halo stuff you can add 343 Guilty Spark as a bad guy, and the Prophet of Truth too as bad guys.

You can also add the Skull kid from Majora's Mask, he is a bad guy is he? Some guys wanted him as a PC in Brawl during that turbulent pre-Brawl era.

If you are doing a Solid Snake thing, he could fight against Ocelot. But that depends upon whether you want to include real life guns or not, he'd use his six shooter and juggle them around. If not you can have him shoot his gun then this flag comes out that says "BANG!" on it and it'd do a lot of damage if it touches you.

Also, some more villians I can think of it you plan on adding those other 3rd parties that I mentioned earlier. Like if you choose Leon Kennedy, you can have Ada Wong as a bad girl character as well as that leader guy for Umbrella Corporation.

I also don't know Tyfighter if you wanted to include the other Wii/DS based third party chars like Altair, Maria, or Elite Beat Agents or not in your story. They could prove some good villians but with Maria it's hard as that game is sorta vaporware you know so little to no info is from it.

Trouble the Cat

Smash Cadet
Pious Augustus is a big no IMO. Eternal Darkness is a survival horror game. You're not putting him in a game like Smash Bros. He wouldn't fit at all. It's different with a game like Metal Gear, which is from what I understand, at least one part crack.

As for suggestions, you definitely have to give Sonic more lime light. Maybe include Metal Sonic or Dr.Eggman as a boss or something too.

Also, build on what's already in there with some relationships between characters shown in the actual SSE, like Lucas and the PKMN Trainer (I <3 those two) and Samus and Pikachu (Which I thought was a cute and fun team up).

That all I've got for now. >>

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I got this idea...

Mario (or whoever) is fighting the final battle against whoever, and they're both weakened and about to get owned when out of nowhere comes a storm... and riding on a cloud comes the Rainman who helps the heroes regain themselves and helps them win. He fights with cards and his umbrella.

After the battle, he disappears.

:p

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
On that one street, on the hill, next to the tree

Ah, now I understand. I think that will work rather well, but be careful about adding too many characters at once to whatever party.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ah, now I understand. I think that will work rather well, but be careful about adding too many characters at once to whatever party.
That's true. I guess we should come up with a list of characters per series that get into the storyline. By the way, for anyone who read that draft I put up, ignore it. I realize that it's rather cheesey. Still, I think the bus idea should be implemented.

As for the characters, what do y'all think of this?

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

Wario
Waluigi
Captain Syrup

Samus
Ridley

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Genondorf
Toon Link

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Pichu
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Cranky Kong
K. Rool

Ness
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Lucas
Claus
Duster
Kumatora
Boney
Flint

Mike Jones

Olimar and Pikmin

Andy
Sami

Roy
Marth(a)
Lyn
Micaiah
Ike

Stafy

Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Lip

Pit

Ice Climbers

Mr. Game and Watch

Snake

Sonic

Tom Nook

Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf
Peppy
Slippy

ROB

Obligatoryfinalboss

Smash Apprentice
On that one street, on the hill, next to the tree
That's true. I guess we should come up with a list of characters per series that get into the storyline. By the way, for anyone who read that draft I put up, ignore it. I realize that it's rather cheesey. Still, I think the bus idea should be implemented.

As for the characters, what do y'all think of this?

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

Wario
Waluigi
Captain Syrup

Samus
Ridley

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Genondorf
Toon Link

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Pichu
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Cranky Kong
K. Rool

Ness
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Lucas
Claus
Duster
Kumatora
Boney
Flint

Mike Jones

Olimar and Pikmin

Andy
Sami

Roy
Marth(a)
Lyn
Micaiah
Ike

Stafy

Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Lip

Pit

Ice Climbers

Mr. Game and Watch

Snake

Sonic

Tom Nook

Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf
Peppy
Slippy

ROB
Wow that's quite a list there. I'd personally like it if Ephraim (from Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones) was in the game, but that's just me. For a start list, that's astounding.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm glad you like it. By the way, what I have in mind is that some characters will not have a major role in comparison of the others.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I haven't been reading the topic, but this is an idea I had a few months ago... I actually had an idea for a scene involving Lucas and Claus.

OK, Claus and Lucas are playing in a field, running around... and Lucas trips. Claus goes and helps him pick himself up, then he laughs a bit at his brother in light fun. The sky then turns dark, and suddenly, the field fills up with Primids. Ganondorf appears in a hill, with a trophy gun. He shoots at both of them, but only Claus gets hit. Lucas tries to get a hold of his brother's trophy, but Porky appears in the distance and shoots him with a blaster. Barely evading the shot, Lucas is still knocked back, and Porky shoots again, except Ganondorf interferes, since he wanted Lucas's trophy too. This causes Porky to miss, and it hits Claus's trophy, which shatters. Lucas screams, seeing his brother in so many pieces. Ganondorf glares at Porky, who doesn't know the importance of collecting trophies. Porky then pulls a vaccum out of his mech, and sucks ups the Claus pieces, and teleports out of there. Ganondorf is left angry and empty handed, so he howls and shoots Lucas again, turning him into a Trophy. As he procceeds to take it, Kirby and Princess X come in a Warpstar and nabs it instead, turning Lucas into himself again. Ganondorf then calls forth a horse and gives chase to Kirby, the Princess and Lucas in the Warp Star.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I haven't been reading the topic, but this is an idea I had a few months ago... I actually had an idea for a scene involving Lucas and Claus.

OK, Claus and Lucas are playing in a field, running around... and Lucas trips. Claus goes and helps him pick himself up, then he laughs a bit at his brother in light fun. The sky then turns dark, and suddenly, the field fills up with Primids. Ganondorf appears in a hill, with a trophy gun. He shoots at both of them, but only Claus gets hit. Lucas tries to get a hold of his brother's trophy, but Porky appears in the distance and shoots him with a blaster. Barely evading the shot, Lucas is still knocked back, and Porky shoots again, except Ganondorf interferes, since he wanted Lucas's trophy too. This causes Porky to miss, and it hits Claus's trophy, which shatters. Lucas screams, seeing his brother in so many pieces. Ganondorf glares at Porky, who doesn't know the importance of collecting trophies. Porky then pulls a vaccum out of his mech, and sucks ups the Claus pieces, and teleports out of there. Ganondorf is left angry and empty handed, so he howls and shoots Lucas again, turning him into a Trophy. As he procceeds to take it, Kirby and Princess X come in a Warpstar and nabs it instead, turning Lucas into himself again. Ganondorf then calls forth a horse and gives chase to Kirby, the Princess and Lucas in the Warp Star.
I love it. Good explanation as to how Claus becomes the Masked Boy.

Oh, I see. So smaller roles for non-listed characters?
Sounds good.
Yes, this can be cameos and such. Also, that also applies to some characters who may have their significance for one part like Flint or Slippy.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Where is Mona on that list :(

I guess you are right about Alexandra Roivas and Pious Augustus, they seem to serious-like to be in SSE. I wanted them because they add more seriousness as a contrast to the humor put off by so much of these other characters, like Snake's humor.

I'd like to see Ephraim too, we need a spear user person.

For your mother group, are you just listing characters but you're not going to include the whole group as traveling in all one big group right?

I'd think for any group, we should only have only a maximum of 5 characters per grouping together in the story. Ice Climbers would count as 1 person.

Like you can make a group like this:
-Master Chief
-Claus
-Ice Climbers
-Zelda
-Poo

And that should be good. But even 5 characters is pushing it. 4 seems to be a good number per group. If it gets too big per group each individual person cannot get to say much nor get "air time" to do things and they are simply like in the background not doing much.
I wouldn't want it if Master Chief does all the butt-kicking and smack talking in this group while Claus, Ice Climbers, Zelda, and Poo just sit there and say nothing and once in a great while hit someone in the story. A group needs all 5 to talk and all to participate and be on the screen looking cool and chewing bubble gum. Master Chief (or any other character) shouldn't get all the limelight.

Having small groups of at most 4 or 5 seems optimal to me, so that all characters who are represented get a fair amount of air time and people like Master Chief doesn't get like 90% of the representation and his other team members get like 10% all combined.

Otherwise we'd have trouble with a Ness/Flint interaction like that movie on Youtube :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Where is Mona on that list :(

For your mother group, are you just listing characters but you're not going to include the whole group as traveling in all one big group right?

I'd think for any group, we should only have only a maximum of 5 characters per grouping together in the story. Ice Climbers would count as 1 person.

Like you can make a group like this:
-Master Chief
-Claus
-Ice Climbers
-Zelda
-Poo

And that should be good. But even 5 characters is pushing it. 4 seems to be a good number per group. If it gets too big per group each individual person cannot get to say much nor get "air time" to do things and they are simply like in the background not doing much.
I wouldn't want it if Master Chief does all the butt-kicking and smack talking in this group while Claus, Ice Climbers, Zelda, and Poo just sit there and say nothing and once in a great while hit someone in the story. A group needs all 5 to talk and all to participate and be on the screen looking cool and chewing bubble gum. Master Chief (or any other character) shouldn't get all the limelight.

Having small groups of at most 4 or 5 seems optimal to me, so that all characters who are represented get a fair amount of air time and people like Master Chief doesn't get like 90% of the representation and his other team members get like 10% all combined.

Otherwise we'd have trouble with a Ness/Flint interaction like that movie on Youtube :laugh:
I was thinking about Mona, but wasn't sure. Remember, that's just a starting suggestion list so don't worry about it. As for the MOTHER characters, no, that was just organized by series.
I agree that no character can take the majority of the screen time. Four or five people seem right but that's if it's from individual series. Although, it shouldn't begin with that many people depending on the characters.

For example, you would want the Chosen Four together at least initially.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
It's not exactly what I have in mind in terms of one affecting another but getting people up together due to circumstances is part of the plan. So, I guess that's what I meant.
eeh what?

anyway we I just read about non-listed charactes having small roles, I think its a good idea.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
eeh what?

anyway we I just read about non-listed charactes having small roles, I think its a good idea.
What I mean is that a character in one group might go into another group for reasons such as separation, differences, that kind of thing.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
It's Gotto have the Dread Cannon(copyright, Super Drybones)
A least an explanation on how the main dude builds it

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so the best scene in SSE would have been a pseudo-epic fight between Link and Toon Link. WW fans would be like, "Yay, I'm going to unlock Toon Link! This is gonna be soooo epic!!!!" when they see him appear, but then in one slash Link cuts him and he dies in a puff of smoke. And then Tingle comes over and dances in Young Link's blood as if he could take Toon Link's place but Link cuts him down too, finding this more difficult to do because Tingle's Japanese fanbase keeps using its Final Smash to reincarnate him. Eventually, Tingle dies as well, and the other deserving Zelda characters suddenly show up and duke it out for the last Zelda slot. And Toon Link never becomes playable, just a secret replayable level -5 boss battle where you can kick his potato-headed @$$ for eternity.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh like, someone KO someone, send him flying and lands in another group of characters?
Exactly, but that's not the only reason in mind. Otherwise, that'd get repetitive. I mean, we could have Wario and Waluigi go their separate ways for some reason.

Daroach

Smash Cadet
Eh, whynot. I'll throw in my two cents.

• Dyna Blade makes an appearance as a boss.
  • Wolf is wielding the gun thing Wario and Bowser are seen with.
  • Link runs into Toon Link at some point, and they fight.
  • Mewtwo tries to kill Lucario.
  • Flint saves Ness and Lucas at some point, riding a Dodongo for some reason.
  • Crazy Hand spreads chaos at a certaint area.

THat's all I got for now.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
That'd be really funny to have Popo and Nana split up. It could be done Smash Kingdom style. King Dedede shows how huge his hammer is, then Popo's hammer is so small in comparison that Nana ends up falling in love with Dedede then she joins him instead of Popo.

Top Bottom