• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The falcon's Fthrow CG thread

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This thread will list all the characters that can be chaingrabbed using falcon's Fthrow, and from/up to what percentages they can be CG.

Captain falcon's chaingrab is not even close to beeing as good/usefull as DDD/IC/falco/pikachu's CG, but still, damage is damage.

The characters who can be CG'd using falcon's Fthrow + percentages

the fall speed list:

Jigglypuff -0.78
Samus -0.54
Olimar -0.47
Kirby -0.44
Lucario -0.40
Peach -0.37
Luigi -0.32
R.O.B. -0.32
Zelda -0.26
Marth -0.25
Toon Link -0.16
Ivysaur -0.16
Ness -0.12
Yoshi -0.05
Pit 0.00
Mario 0
Mr. Game & Watch 0.01
Ice Climber 0.07
Snake 0.16
Donkey Kong 0.20
Ike 0.28
Dedede 0.29
Wario 0.30
Charizard 0.33
Sonic 0.33
Pikachu 0.40
Zero Suit Samus 0.44
Link 0.46
Lucas 0.49
Diddy Kong 0.55
Meta Knight 0.68
Bowser 0.91
Ganondorf 0.91
Captain Falcon 0.92
Squirtle 1.05
Falco 1.23
Wolf 1.84
Sheik 2.21
Fox 3.41

(I found this list on the pikachu forum, where it was posted by Ussi.)

Fast fallers are more effected by falcon's Fthrow CG (fast fallers are more effected by CG's overall) so I did my testing based on this list. (working from down up).

Fox: 0-25% (1 Fthrow+3 regrabs possible starting from 0 percent without pummeling)
Bowser: 0-15% (1 Fthrow+2 regrabs possible starting from 0 percent without pummeling)

I don't quite understand how this is possible (looking at the fall speed list) but these characters couldn't escape according to my testing.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Are the other throws capable of CGing, or are those two characters with fthrow the only ones we've got? Good thread though.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Are the other throws capable of CGing, or are those two characters with fthrow the only ones we've got? Good thread though.
Dthrow cannot CG due to opponent DI
Bthrow cannot CG due to the lag falcon himself endures after it (or else it would CG like crazy, >.<)
Uthrow cannot CG because it throws the opponent upward (yeah :p)

Fthrow is all we got, yes.

We can Chain grab squirtle using grab release though:)

Winnar

Smash Lord
I know Snake's DAC dash grab goes like twice as far (they seem to be just realizing this on the Snake forums), and I THINK Falcon's goes a smidge farther than the normal dash grab. Maybe this will make CG's possible to higher %'s? I'd have to test but it seems possible.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
usually I can CG every character once at least, then they spotdodge spam to escape the second.

A good way to continue your CG is by PWG your opponent after the first Fthrow CG, a boost PWG is also good but isn't that much better......still if you want a more technical Falcon I suggest you learn to boost PWG

jtamm1988

Smash Rookie
This thread will list all the characters that can be chaingrabbed using falcon's Fthrow, and from/up to what percentages they can be CG.

Captain falcon's chaingrab is not even close to beeing as good/usefull as DDD/IC/falco/pikachu's CG, but still, damage is damage.

The characters who can be CG'd using falcon's Fthrow + percentages

the fall speed list:

Jigglypuff -0.78
Samus -0.54
Olimar -0.47
Kirby -0.44
Lucario -0.40
Peach -0.37
Luigi -0.32
R.O.B. -0.32
Zelda -0.26
Marth -0.25
Toon Link -0.16
Ivysaur -0.16
Ness -0.12
Yoshi -0.05
Pit 0.00
Mario 0
Mr. Game & Watch 0.01
Ice Climber 0.07
Snake 0.16
Donkey Kong 0.20
Ike 0.28
Dedede 0.29
Wario 0.30
Charizard 0.33
Sonic 0.33
Pikachu 0.40
Zero Suit Samus 0.44
Link 0.46
Lucas 0.49
Diddy Kong 0.55
Meta Knight 0.68
Bowser 0.91
Ganondorf 0.91
Captain Falcon 0.92
Squirtle 1.05
Falco 1.23
Wolf 1.84
Sheik 2.21
Fox 3.41

(I found this list on the pikachu forum, where it was posted by Ussi.)

Fast fallers are more effected by falcon's Fthrow CG (fast fallers are more effected by CG's overall) so I did my testing based on this list. (working from down up).

Fox: 0-25% (1 Fthrow+3 regrabs possible starting from 0 percent without pummeling)
Bowser: 0-15% (1 Fthrow+2 regrabs possible starting from 0 percent without pummeling)

I don't quite understand how this is possible (looking at the fall speed list) but these characters couldn't escape according to my testing.

i dont think you can CG fox because of his shine i tried plenty of times but i always got shined on the approach

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Fthrow works uber well on Falco for some reason. The Falco player needs to be really fast to escape in that small window of 'reactable' frames.
Also, Dthrow works okay as a semi-chain throw but most opponents either get out of it or see you starting dthrow and escape the next grab. If they're used to you fthrow chainning then mix in a dthrow chain and it can mess up your oppenent's timing. XD

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
that's as logical as the RJ combo...............it'll work

if they don't see it coming
It works on most people I play the first time or two, but it's not nearly as effective as the RJ combo.

The RJ combo is sexy

Have you heard about the Self Esteem Combo?
i came up with it
its pretty sexy
This took me like ten minutes to find, but here :suess:
uthrow to paunch = self-esteem combo

Player-3

Smash Hero
It works on most people I play the first time or two, but it's not nearly as effective as the RJ combo.

This took me like ten minutes to find, but here :suess:
oh.. you came up with it...

i inspired it or something, i know i had something to do with it

something that epic has to involve a troll, and RJ wasnt around

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
heh yeah I had to tone it down a little bit for the boards, when I did the full combo, Sakurai nerfed Falcon. Or was that when I took out Melee...

Mit

Smash Ace
Where did this come from. It might be handy to post how to do the chaingrab as well (although I'm assuming it's just f-throw > dash > f-throw.)

Top Bottom