• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I thought that this is how counterpick system works >_>
Anyway, it is just an opinion whether it is or isn´t huge number, I would quit argument about this.
Counterpick system should be essential. In this situation it isnt.
8/10 out of 39 isnt a great number. This is a fact. One fourth isnt much.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
Thats heck of an ugly picture.
TKONTK:
It depends whether you take it as 1/4 or 8-10. And I find 1/4 good number. I have never played melee, but how many viable characters were there (Bowser dont count. In this case, Gimpyfish does. If you understand me) when it is such a great cometitive game?

Zeallyx

Thats heck of an ugly picture.
TKONTK:
It depends whether you take it as 1/4 or 8-10. And I find 1/4 good number. I have never played melee, but how many viable characters were there (Bowser dont count. In this case, Gimpyfish does. If you understand me) when it is such a great cometitive game?
In this case, 1/4 equals 8-10 =P
Will edit in details about melee later. Its 5:30 in the morning here lol. Imma get some rest now.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
In this case, 1/4 equals 8-10 =P
Will edit in details about melee later. Its 5:30 in the morning here lol. Imma get some rest now.
In this case 1/4 = 8-10, but did you have 8-10 viable characters in melee? Maybe. And you say it is good. Just because there are junk characters doesn´t mean counterpick system in brawl is flawed >_>
so, here are our "viable" characters (W/O MK):

Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B. (yay!)
Kirby
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus

that is fu***** 14. But there are more! (Even though arguable, but there are)

Toon Link
Pit (might be?)
Peach
Sonic (your too slow!! well, his worst matchup is MK and he has no other nightmares, no? :p)
Sheik (ugh..)

There *might* be other "viable" but these are probably all (I could see ike viable aaaand PK maybe too but it seems it is not true).

SO! We have full *** of good characters! FREKING HALF!! 19!! With meta we have.. 2... and MAAAAYBE DDD as a counter to snake. Maybe. But meta is overall better so I wouldnt count him. So pick your poison/drink. 1/18 (2) characters or 1/2 (19) characters. Yep. FREAKING BIG DIFFERENCE! (Yes, I am trying to talk down to you :chuckle: :laugh: )VOTE FOR BAN, FALCON BOARDS!!!!!

Player-3

Smash Hero
im just going to say, melee had much less characters, and if you look at the genesis results thread for melee, your going to **** your pants if yhou know the tier list

half of the top 8 placings were high tier, including 1st 2nd and 3rd

Zeallyx

In this case 1/4 = 8-10, but did you have 8-10 viable characters in melee? Maybe. And you say it is good. Just because there are junk characters doesn´t mean counterpick system in brawl is flawed >_>
so, here are our "viable" characters (W/O MK):

Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B. (yay!)
Kirby
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus

that is fu***** 14. But there are more! (Even though arguable, but there are)

Toon Link
Pit (might be?)
Peach
Sonic (your too slow!! well, his worst matchup is MK and he has no other nightmares, no? :p)
Sheik (ugh..)

There *might* be other "viable" but these are probably all (I could see ike viable aaaand PK maybe too but it seems it is not true).

SO! We have full *** of good characters! FREKING HALF!! 19!! With meta we have.. 2... and MAAAAYBE DDD as a counter to snake. Maybe. But meta is overall better so I wouldnt count him. So pick your poison/drink. 1/18 (2) characters or 1/2 (19) characters. Yep. FREAKING BIG DIFFERENCE! (Yes, I am trying to talk down to you :chuckle: :laugh: )VOTE FOR BAN, FALCON BOARDS!!!!!
No one said melee was 'perfect' of the standard what brawl should be like (literally), as there are 'better' competitively.

Almost no one wanted brawl to be melee V2.0. They wanted it to look more like it, as brawl is a joke as a competitive game, and melee is not. Its all in the contrast.
They wanted it to be more like melee, but melee was better not due to the amount of viable characters, but because of..I shouldnt have to explain. Do your homework.

Also, second of all, all these:

Toon Link
Pit
Peach
Sonic
Sheik

No.
Toon link is good, but not good enough. Pit isnt even that good, peach same as pit, sonic lol and sheik lolol.

Snake - 1
Wario - not completely agree, but ok. 2
Falco - 3
Diddy Kong - not completely agree. but 4
King Dedede- 5
Marth - marth.. prolly not among these. But I have doubts in his favor. so 6
Mr. Game & Watch - 7
Pikachu - not among these.
Olimar - dont agree, but ok. 8
Ice Climbers - ..9
R.O.B. (yay!) - no.
Kirby - ..no
Lucario - lolno
Zero Suit Samus - what? no.

wow 9..so everything you ranted after that can be taken back,buddy. (Yes, I am trying to talk down to you :chuckle: :laugh: )

Pro-banners need to stop johning. Certain characters rule brawl. Metaknight is one of them. Deal with it. As taking him out wont make the 'OmgZz HuGee dIFferEnCe' you guys think/are going for.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
No one said melee was 'perfect' of the standard what brawl should be like (literally), as there are 'better' competitively.

Almost no one wanted brawl to be melee V2.0. They wanted it to look more like it, as brawl is a joke as a competitive game, and melee is not. Its all in the contrast.
They wanted it to be more like melee, but melee was better not due to the amount of viable characters, but because of..I shouldnt have to explain. Do your homework.

Also, second of all, all these:

Toon Link
Pit
Peach
Sonic
Sheik

No.
Toon link is good, but not good enough. Pit isnt even that good, peach same as pit, sonic lol and sheik lolol.

Snake - 1
Wario - not completely agree, but ok. 2
Falco - 3
Diddy Kong - not completely agree. but 4
King Dedede- 5
Marth - marth.. prolly not among these. But I have doubts in his favor. so 6
Mr. Game & Watch - 7
Pikachu - not among these.
Olimar - dont agree, but ok. 8
Ice Climbers - ..9
R.O.B. (yay!) - no.
Kirby - ..no
Lucario - lolno
Zero Suit Samus - what? no.

wow 9..so everything you ranted after that can be taken back,buddy. (Yes, I am trying to talk down to you :chuckle: :laugh: )

Pro-banners need to stop johning. Certain characters rule brawl. Metaknight is one of them. Deal with it. As taking him out wont make the 'OmgZz HuGee dIFferEnCe' you guys think/are going for.
Ah, quite late but I will show you how quite untrue it is:
Wario: He is that high because many people falsely pretend he has good matchup with MK. This is untrue, so even now he should be lower, but still perfectly viable (I-LIEK-TO-CAAAMP)

Marth: WTF he is great, his only very bad matchup is MK. He would go UP! O_O

Pikachu: WTF GOOD matchup against snake and DDD? Are you kidding not among these? He would go up alot.

ROB: A little outsider, he would not be as good as pikachu or snake, but he has probably good matchup against pikachu (??? these data might be old) and ICs.

Kirby: Well, not the best, but good matchup with falco can save the day.. He just need IC secondary. Not bad.

Lucario: WTF U talKInG about?? good matchup against Falco, Diddy, IC!!, kirby and pikapikaa? (probably). ViablEEE!

ZSS: you lost your brain here, good MU against Olimar, ROB, GaW, DDD.

TL: well, alot slightly disadvantaged matchups, but diddy and ICs,, =) Well, he is viable but you really need more skill than opponent with him.. Might work well as a secondary.

Pit: Most important matchup discussion outdated, but I wouldn´t wonder if snake vs. pit might still be in his advantage.. 100% viable.

Sonic: K, fine.. That one is out. =)

Peach: 2 very important MUs are bad (some people say that peach has ADV on snake.. O_o has yet to be proven to be right, but if it is, she is 100% viable.. That way is 75% viable. =) )
rest MU neutral.

Sheik: Ah they have too messy MU discussion... Maybe will look at it later =)

ok, so lets say 16.. instead of 2.. its like multiplaying by 8.. and 8 is big number.. and big number * small number is alot.. OH **** IT MK WASNT BANNED *meditates to help people progress on PAL version of Bbrawl*

Zeallyx

Ah, quite late but I will show you how quite untrue it is:
Wario: He is that high because many people falsely pretend he has good matchup with MK. This is untrue, so even now he should be lower, but still perfectly viable (I-LIEK-TO-CAAAMP)

Marth: WTF he is great, his only very bad matchup is MK. He would go UP! O_O

Pikachu: WTF GOOD matchup against snake and DDD? Are you kidding not among these? He would go up alot.

ROB: A little outsider, he would not be as good as pikachu or snake, but he has probably good matchup against pikachu (??? these data might be old) and ICs.

Kirby: Well, not the best, but good matchup with falco can save the day.. He just need IC secondary. Not bad.

Lucario: WTF U talKInG about?? good matchup against Falco, Diddy, IC!!, kirby and pikapikaa? (probably). ViablEEE!

ZSS: you lost your brain here, good MU against Olimar, ROB, GaW, DDD.

TL: well, alot slightly disadvantaged matchups, but diddy and ICs,, =) Well, he is viable but you really need more skill than opponent with him.. Might work well as a secondary.

Pit: Most important matchup discussion outdated, but I wouldn´t wonder if snake vs. pit might still be in his advantage.. 100% viable.

Sonic: K, fine.. That one is out. =)

Peach: 2 very important MUs are bad (some people say that peach has ADV on snake.. O_o has yet to be proven to be right, but if it is, she is 100% viable.. That way is 75% viable. =) )
rest MU neutral.

Sheik: Ah they have too messy MU discussion... Maybe will look at it later =)

ok, so lets say 16.. instead of 2.. its like multiplaying by 8.. and 8 is big number.. and big number * small number is alot.. OH **** IT MK WASNT BANNED *meditates to help people progress on PAL version of Bbrawl*
k.:)

Wario - ok 1.
Marth - gets *****. (by snake for example)
Pikachu - DDD and snake? falco and GaW and wario etc. so no.
Rob - NOT good enough. (you even say so yourself)
Kirby - you said yourself you need a IC secundary so *facepalm* and no.
Lucario - snake, wario etc. so no. Lucario is not viable. seriously.
ZSS - gg saying I lost my brain while you overrate too much. no. snake, wario. gets *****. even without MK.
TL - I rest my case. You said yourself hes not top material. And I agree. TL is not good enough.
Pit - 1 matchup advantage = 100% viable? you just admitted snake > all. And that is VERY important. This makes Pikachu, lucario, ZSS, TL, Marth NOT viable. And every other with one dissadvantaged matchup against a top char. Nice. And the fact stays pit isnt top material. At all.
Sonic - OFFCROUSE sonic is out.
Sheik - lol no need to bother looking into it later. sheik is NOT top material AT ALL.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
Will not take a look at details later just come to say you are sorry but saying something that was bull before Chuck ate it..
Snake is unviable because he has bad matchup against top tier (DDD).
GET *****, ***** :chuckle: THIS is ****in´ COUNTERPICK system. Once you have an advantage, once you don´t. No Johns.
too bad asterisks cant be capitalized

Zeallyx

Will not take a look at details later just come to say you are sorry but saying something that was bull before Chuck ate it..
Snake is unviable because he has bad matchup against top tier (DDD).
GET *****, ***** :chuckle: THIS is ****in´ COUNTERPICK system. Once you have an advantage, once you don´t. No Johns.
too bad asterisks cant be capitalized
Yes. You just lost this debate. (Due to your own logic alone, and that plus my side of this debate, you have lost.. Bad.)

Zeallyx

Care to explain? I do not see your point.
You've proven more than half of my points with YOUR logic.
You must either rewrite everything you wrote until this point in our discussion, or you simply come in second in this debate.

Or you must take back the points proving me right, but doing that would prove me right, too, as it is about validness of characters with MK night banned, and you have to take back said validness of quite some characters in order to stay in this debate. And if you don't, I take away the validness of quite some characters you call valid with YOUR logic.

This debate is over.
You took a road in this debate you cannot win. As you are talking about some kind of biased standpoint with omgzz 1 fourth is alotz of characterzz. And you think some crap characters become tourny viable with just MK gone. You sir, seem to be dreaming.

The pro-ban side DOES have quite some good points. Shame you didnt use any of said good points in this debate.

Still, I am against banning MK. As even without MK brawl will still be brawl.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
To me it just seems the best idea is to implemented tiered tournaments. There is a tier list but tournaments don't really do anything about it...they're just there.
So like official tournaments would be like broken down into the tiers. It's not fair if someone has EXTREME skill LIKE EXTREME AND TOTALLY DESERVES TO WIN but he has like this weird thing in his head that makes him play Captain Falcon all the time and he loses every pro match.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
Why say "good" arguments you know and obviously you take due note of them. Still, what are YOUR arguments I have proven? I am saying that 1 bad matchup to top tier isn´t devastating, UNLESS that character is MK BECAUSE he is impossible to counterpick both stage-wise and character-wise. When Snakes will become to win all tournaments, Pikachus are going to be used more.. If you got that point. What happens when MK does that? MK is going to be used more.. Because he is only "counter" to himself. Without MK counterpick system in top level play will revive. What is most beautiful about it is, that Snake might not even be number 1! Especially if DDD and Pikachu will begin to be used en masse.

Now write me which points of yours I have proven.

I feel you agree (not proven, diff. here) with some of my points by writing "As even without MK brawl will still be brawl.".. I think I remember you wrote that brawl without MK wouldn´t be brawl anymore.. WTF
I think.
I do not feel like searching it. EDIT: oh well you didn´t -_-´

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
Do you actually REALLY want me to search it? Ok.... I told I am not sure whether he wrote itg or not. -_-
Ok he didn´t -_-´
Still not making my (other) points moot.

Zeallyx

Why say "good" arguments you know and obviously you take due note of them. Still, what are YOUR arguments I have proven? I am saying that 1 bad matchup to top tier isn´t devastating, UNLESS that character is MK BECAUSE he is impossible to counterpick both stage-wise and character-wise. When Snakes will become to win all tournaments, Pikachus are going to be used more.. If you got that point. What happens when MK does that? MK is going to be used more.. Because he is only "counter" to himself. Without MK counterpick system in top level play will revive. What is most beautiful about it is, that Snake might not even be number 1! Especially if DDD and Pikachu will begin to be used en masse.

Now write me which points of yours I have proven.

I feel you agree (not proven, diff. here) with some of my points by writing "As even without MK brawl will still be brawl.".. I think I remember you wrote that brawl without MK wouldn´t be brawl anymore.. WTF
I think.
I do not feel like searching it. EDIT: oh well you didn´t -_-´
Read the post I posted two points before this one. You'll see.
No need to rewrite what I wrote.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
No.

They lurk.

They leave.

Then never come back.
Oh yeah, **** happens. :/
TKONTK: Sorry I missed whole part of your post :ohwell: but that I had to make small compromisse doesn´t mean I lost whole debate.. I "changed my mind" about some characters, without changing my logic; and destroying my point! :dizzy: But you still pretend Snake would still be number 1 and as overused as MK... ;) what isnt right

Zeallyx

Oh yeah, **** happens. :/
TKONTK: Sorry I missed whole part of your post :ohwell: but that I had to make small compromisse doesn´t mean I lost whole debate.. I "changed my mind" about some characters, without changing my logic; and destroying my point! :dizzy: But you still pretend Snake would still be number 1 and as overused as MK... ;) what isnt right
Said 'small' compromises where big compromises making your whole side of the debate flawed.
You did change your logic.

And snake will dominate. Or rather, his tilts and endless potential due to his arsenal will.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Falcon MAINS!!!!!

Would you help me out for a second?

I am collecting low tier tournament results(1vs1/2vs2) and will be making Power ranking out of it. If any of you KNOW of a low tier tournament or event, would you please PM me the link? Also, if you know WHO use what character, could you let me know in the PM? Thanks.

Top Bottom