• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The falco dash attack into an upsmash.. This is not what you think

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
Ok I just want to clear things up.. I do not by any mean a running up smash..

ok look at this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxM115GQIfA

@2:20 the falco.. Does a a Dash attack followed by a upsmash in a "Fluid Motion"

Can someone explain how to do this or the concept of doing this skill.. I think this would be a sick move for any falco to add to their game...

Thanks in advance

Jeiro

Smash Rookie
It's just canceling the dash attack as soon as it hits the opponent into an upsmash. Running A and as soon as you hit your opponent, mash up on the C-Stick

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Some characters have IASA frames on their dash attacks. So just do an Usmash as your dash attack connects with the opponent. You can also cancel your dash attack without even hitting the opponent, called boost smashing.

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
Some characters have IASA frames on their dash attacks. So just do an Usmash as your dash attack connects with the opponent. You can also cancel your dash attack without even hitting the opponent, called boost smashing.

How does one do Boost smashing?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
look in the brawl tactics forum. :rolls eyes:

dash
c-stick down (initiates dash attack)
up+z (up smashes, cancels dash attack)

gotta be quick though

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
Haha St. Viers.. I am sorry. For being dumb... I always thought you Dash with a and try to cancel it with c-stick up real fast...

Thanks for the help you guys

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Haha St. Viers.. I am sorry. For being dumb... I always thought you Dash with a and try to cancel it with c-stick up real fast...

Thanks for the help you guys
That method makes you do the dash A animation/move and then the upsmash.

The one the thread's owner is talking about doesn't have the dash A animation being shown at all, you simply slide doing an upsmash.

KonradGabreil

Smash Cadet
That is.. really cool. So far the instructions on how you do this haven't been dumbed down enough for my comprehension. Anyone care to for the rest of us?

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I find it a lot easier if you just flick down then up on the c-stick. You don't even have to have connected yet to smash up on the c-stick. If you don't connect, you'll just get the full dash attack animation though.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
simple...

Dash (AKA RUN) then Press C stick Down and UP + Z on the GC controler

you have to imput them almost simultaneously.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Ok i at least did it. But... That's not as useful as i thought !

You have to do it at the very beginning of the animation, so you have to do the dash Attack juste next to the opponent...

And his Dash A is not useful if you use it like this :/ I usually do it from farer... :s

Repulse X

Smash Apprentice
yea it would be good to get good with this but its pretty difficult to do it consistantly...and if you go for it as a finisher or something and you miss then it could be gg for you

Doval

Smash Lord
Some characters have IASA frames on their dash attacks.
That's not IASA frames. If they were, you could cancel into practically any move. By the way, every character can do this as far as I know.

Top Bottom