• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fairy with Fighting Spirit: Lip for Smash! *Play Panel de Pon on NSO!*

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well she can't use the flower because of Olimar so Lip's Stick will have to do. I'd suggest two columns of three Panel de Pon blocks but I feel like that's too boring.

And I know this is a super stretch, but I think Daisy's flower effects might be foreshadowing of a character who does the same. Yeah, you can make the argument that Peach's hearts didn't hint anybody but that's sorta homage to Super Princess Peach. But for all I know, maybe Daisy does use flowers in one of those Mario Party games and I don't know about it.

WideMouthInk

Smash Cadet
Well she can't use the flower because of Olimar so Lip's Stick will have to do. I'd suggest two columns of three Panel de Pon blocks but I feel like that's too boring.

And I know this is a super stretch, but I think Daisy's flower effects might be foreshadowing of a character who does the same. Yeah, you can make the argument that Peach's hearts didn't hint anybody but that's sorta homage to Super Princess Peach. But for all I know, maybe Daisy does use flowers in one of those Mario Party games and I don't know about it.
Yeah, a lot of Daisy's appearances have her using a flower motif of some kind. She likely might have had it since the first Tennis game.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Yeah, a lot of Daisy's appearances have her using a flower motif of some kind. She likely might have had it since the first Tennis game.
Figures. Just me finding hints where none exist. All there is an item, a song, and a Kirby stone transformation.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
For now, yes. Let's all hope there will be more later on down the line.

That reminds me, is anyone using that TheBourgyman comic panel with Daisy and Lip in it again?
I think Valk was for a time. I don't think he's using it as his avatar anymore, though.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
New part of that series released

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Gonna be honest, I did not know I wanted Lip in a gym outfit until I saw that thumbnail.

Now I wanna to see her in more different clothes like a ballerina outfit and all sorts of cute combinations.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Now I wanna to see her in more different clothes like a ballerina outfit and all sorts of cute combinations.
I did draw her in a tennis outfit earlier. I posted it in the thread a couple of pages back, but it's been long enough that a repost couldn't hurt:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
New part of that series released
It's kind of fun to get somewhat on-going stream of PdP-fan content. Love the subtle parody of Puyo Puyo's Nomi (Flea) with Little Mac, BTW, I think I laughed at that for hours. :laugh:

Also Villager as Pop Team Epic-esque creepy dude is somehow tons funnier than Western depiction of Killager-memes.

Last edited:

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I thought it was supposed to be a joke on how he's Little Mac by making him literally little.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
For now, yes. Let's all hope there will be more later on down the line.

I think Valk was for a time. I don't think he's using it as his avatar anymore, though.
What a shame, I don't seem to have it on my desktop anymore, I guess I did some cleanup...

Here it is cropped again:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Unrelated to PdP, but I had to get this out.

Guess who just finished watching all of Smile PreCure? I know Smile gets a little bit of lack for being "simple and more to the point", but I think that's what I appreciated about that season. It feels like it was allowed to do its own thing, thus the show's more episodic format.

BTW, considered that the Smile Cures defeated a BLACK HOLE, does that make them the strongest Cures by default? I hear a lot of fans make that assumption, and I haven't seen any Cures fight something of that magnitude before or after Smile! (Well, I guess there is for Black Hole himself from the 3rd All-Stars movie)...

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
What a shame, I don't seem to have it on my desktop anymore, I guess I did some cleanup...

Here it is cropped again:
Someone doesn't want Lip stealing her thunder. Look at Daisy. She knows. She knows she can't hold a candle.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
As with many Nintendo characters, there are a lot of Daisy fans who don't realize just how good they have it in comparison to others.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As with many Nintendo characters, there are a lot of Daisy fans who don't realize just how good they have it in comparison to others.
Eh, still don't feel super-warmed up how more carbon copy she's been when compared to other Echoes as of this point. She's there, but she certainly isn't giving a strong impression of being more than just "Orange Loud Peach", with how there's still nothing being mentioned what's different about her gameplay-wise, and she's actually using Peach's Turnips...

I'm gonna really miss the days when people at least agreed she could have been using Mario Sports-themed moves and other unique stuff. :drshrug:

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I'm reminded of that one guy who was super about getting daisy into smash and was ridiculing all these other people who wanted their characters in (ridley and k rool off the top of my head)
Beyond the fact I've never ever been a fan of Daisy at all (everything about the character makes me cringe), that I'd hate for Lip to be shoehorned in as an alternative costume for that.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
I'm reminded of that one guy who was super about getting daisy into smash and was ridiculing all these other people who wanted their characters in (ridley and k rool off the top of my head)
Beyond the fact I've never ever been a fan of Daisy at all (everything about the character makes me cringe), that I'd hate for Lip to be shoehorned in as an alternative costume for that.
I think I know who you're talking about. The Lip community isn't free of drama, but at least it's free of people like him.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Eh, still don't feel super-warmed up how more carbon copy she's been when compared to other Echoes as of this point. She's there, but she certainly isn't giving a strong impression of being more than just "Orange Loud Peach", with how there's still nothing being mentioned what's different about her gameplay-wise, and she's actually using Peach's Turnips...

I'm gonna really miss the days when people at least agreed she could have been using Mario Sports-themed moves and other unique stuff. :drshrug:
I was always in the camp that Waluigi should've been given the sports theming.

Seriously though, Daisy's best shot was always being a Peach clone; it's just that clones carried such a huge stigma prior to Ultimate that people would desperately try to disprove the naysayers by coming up with whatever they could come up with to make their characters seem unique. This was worsened after learning that every one of Smash 4's unique newcomers crammed a mandatory gimmick into their gameplay, aesthetic or mechanical, so of course, not only were people giving these perceived clone picks any new idea they could think of, they also had to give them a gimmick to "stand out". Some of these ideas were justified, like Shadow using Chaos powers, but a majority of them where either stretches at best or desperate bottom-of-the-barrel scraping at worst (Dixie using her frigging guitar for most her moves comes to mind). Of course, this wasn't exclusive to character that people perceived as potential clones, every character was subjected to this, but those characters in particular where the most notorious examples since, realistically, they would've been last minute semi clones at best, Dark Pit-tier clone at worst, if they got in at all.

God damn, Smash 4's speculation cycle was a ****ing travesty.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Meanwhile, characters with legitimate potential were ignored in favor of shilling characters with zero moveset potential solely because "uh I, like, want more villains and stuff" or "lol he's so funny guys". And to some extent, they still are. It really sucks.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
So... what if Arle Nadja became the newcomer and Lip is the echo? I mean, she's been around longer and is similar to her in many ways. They could even be sisters since Arle stars in a puzzle game series (complete with garbage-dumping and characters replaced with other Nintendo characters) and even has a wand.
NO! I need Lip in Smash! >o<*

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
NO! I need Lip in Smash! >o<*
So do I but if Lip has to be Arle's echo, I'll take it. I will even organize a thank you letter to Sakurai if she gets in, even if I have to do it myself. Can't let the K. Rool fans be the only grateful ones.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
So do I but if Lip has to be Arle's echo, I'll take it. I will even organize a thank you letter to Sakurai if she gets in, even if I have to do it myself. Can't let the K. Rool fans be the only grateful ones.
I guess I would take it to but correct me if im wrong here I thought Arle was Sega or something? Isn't she Puyo Pop?
It would be really strange having a Nintendo character be an echo of a Sega character on a Nintendo game, wouldn't it? I think if anything Arle would be the echo of Lip if they both miraculously somehow got in lol
And I don't know if the game playstyle of Puyo Pop is similar enough to Panel de Pon to make an echo moveset work of either of to each other. I don't know much of Puyo Pop at all actually o.o

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You'd think Arle would be the echo, since Lip is actually owned by Nintendo...

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Echoes don't work like that anyways. All echoes are based on characters within the same franchise. You never have an echo who is a character representing another franchise entirely.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
You'd think Arle would be the echo, since Lip is actually owned by Nintendo...
yeah that's what im sayin'
Echoes don't work like that anyways. All echoes are based on characters within the same franchise. You never have an echo who is a character representing another franchise entirely.
I'm still holding out on hope that if Ashley is ever added to the game as quick DLC, her and Red will be echoes of Rosalina and Luma. Wario is directly associated with Mario afterall so in a way WarioWare is distantly related to it.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Can you imagine Lip with an Echo Fighter of Windy or Sherbet, though? I guarantee that'd be fun, and an awesome way to introduce Western audiences to the characters of this series. We already know newcomers can have echoes introduced in the same game, after all...

(I'd have said Lip with an echo of Furil, but...really, in design and powers, they're so similar that at a certain point you'd be better off making her an alternate skin of Lip.)

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Can you imagine Lip with an Echo Fighter of Windy or Sherbet, though? I guarantee that'd be fun, and an awesome way to introduce Western audiences to the characters of this series. We already know newcomers can have echoes introduced in the same game, after all...

(I'd have said Lip with an echo of Furil, but...really, in design and powers, they're so similar that at a certain point you'd be better off making her an alternate skin of Lip.)
It would be nice but I think we'd be blessed enough just having Lip alone in the game :)
I can't choose between all the other fairies to echoe her anyways.. Personally, i like Elias becuz of her theme and her flowing hair, but i don't think it will work lol oh well

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Yeah, Elias is great (all of the fairies are my precious babies though), but echoes have to share the source character's body type, or be close enough to the source character's body type that it wouldn't look weird if they were scaled to match. Elias is definitely older and taller than Lippy.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Yeah, Elias is great (all of the fairies are my precious babies though), but echoes have to share the source character's body type, or be close enough to the source character's body type that it wouldn't look weird if they were scaled to match. Elias is definitely older and taller than Lippy.
Your babies huh? XD
For some reason I imagine them all being at your house locked in a crib and dressed in rompers- SO that's where the fairies have been all these years! You need to let them free Onymous! The world needs Panel de Pon 2 and we need Lippy in Smash! D:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769

That's the disappointment of clones for you. You get your character in the game... but not truly and there is always that feeling of wasted potential.

I'm a fan of Daisy, she's certainly one of my favourite Mario characters of all, but never really rooted for her for SSB. She's low down in the priority for Mario reps for me, though I'd have certainly placed her above Dr. Mario and Rosalina (then again, I would also cap series to 4 reps at most). Her inclusion has me... mixed; neutral I'd say, which I feel all the Echoes are probably going to do at best for me.

Yeah I don't have anything against Arle, but it would hurt to see her playable and Lip not!
It's like the same situation with me if Mona became playable over Ashley. (thoze are WarioWare characters)
Completely understand; Arle is nice and all, but having a 3rd party puzzle character before Nintendo's own would just seem so wrong. Likewise, I understand with the Wario rep situation, given Ashley was my 5th most wanted. If they choose a WarioWare rep over Ashley for the 2nd Wario series rep, I'd be very disappointed... not sure how I'd feel if they went with a Wario land character such as Captain Syrup or Rudy the Clown for the 2nd Wario series rep though.

The Panel De Pon cast are so vibrant and appealing; it just furthers my wishes for this series to be properly presented worldwide. Obviously to have more Puzzle League games made and starring them, but also for the potential usage of them in spin-offs and such. I feel the Mario cast tends to be used too often for all the spin-offs and it'd be lovely to see, well, the Puzzle League cast in a sports or party game (sadly their attempt to do the latter with the Animal Crossing cast... didn't pan out so well).

Ultimately though, even if we are lucky enough to get Lip in as a playable character (I'm optimistic; chances are decently strong), I think the other faeries will likely only pop up as trophies and in a Panel De Pon stage rather than as an Echo.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That's the disappointment of clones for you. You get your character in the game... but not truly and there is always that feeling of wasted potential.
It's kind of odd how I'm trying to say this but apparently it feels like I can't because I come off as ungrateful or just "misinterpreting" Daisy in a way when thinking she could be more than just Orange Peach. Dunno why people are that okay with some characters being all fine as carbon copies over exploring potential for much more.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Can you imagine Lip with an Echo Fighter of Windy or Sherbet, though? )
Why not? Melee introduced Fire Emblem to the west with a character and his echo (Marth and Roy).

Sakurai still likes to pretend that Roy isn't an echo of Marth but whatever.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Let's not forget that Ganondorf began as a Captain Falcon clone.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
What if the other fairies were alt's, just like the Koopalings?
I would really like this since I do like certain fairies (especially Flare) better than Lip. It's part of the reason why I'd like her to be elemental than cast flower status.

Top Bottom