• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Essential Corrin Guide

D

Deleted member 189823

I use to take you a lot more seriously when you had the armstrong avatar...

Nah

Smash Champion
mate this thread is for corrin

put yer stuff for other characters in their boards

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
mate this thread is for corrin

put yer stuff for other characters in their boards
The point is I finally got a legitimate Wii U, and will now be able to post more visual content, as well as upload in H freakin D. At the time, I hadn't purchased any DLC, as I had yet to figure out how to transfer my money from the 3ds to my Wii U (Though I have Corrin now)

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Corrin Tidbit No# 12: Rapid Jab cancel
most characters with a rapid jab can cancel them when they are close enough to the edge, either backwards or forwards. What triggers the cancel is when you activate the last hitbox of the multi jab, which gives you enough momentum to be pushed off. For Corrin, I haven't tested it with her facing the blastzone, but if Corrin is backed all the way up to the corner, whether on a platform or on a ledge, she can cancel jab. Once she falls off, you can instantly do any move you want. I don't believe anything true combos out of it, but most people don't know she can do this. You may even be able to get a DFS to bite if they don't react in time. Mostly I'd say just use up air. Do whatever you want with this, I don't care.

Nah

Smash Champion
One question about your stages thing: you have some stuff written like "Campy and heavyweights" and "Rushdown" under the stage name, but I'm not sure what it means? Is it that you wanna take those types of characters there? That you don't? Or is it more for Corrin playstyles? Something else?

Also you can do the ledge jab thing facing towards it? I only knew that you could do it while facing away from it.

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
One question about your stages thing: you have some stuff written like "Campy and heavyweights" and "Rushdown" under the stage name, but I'm not sure what it means? Is it that you wanna take those types of characters there? That you don't? Or is it more for Corrin playstyles? Something else?

Also you can do the ledge jab thing facing towards it? I only knew that you could do it while facing away from it.
I didn't think to mention it, but those are the character MU assignments based on stages. Pretty much those stages are good counter picks to those playstyles
I only know about the facing forward due to the fact that Sheik can do it, and I had heard that other characters can do that.

D

Deleted member 189823

That was actually pretty cute. Good, solid advice. 'dat Instinct B+ tho.

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Corrin Tidbit No# 13: Corrin dittos are bad. Corrin dittos, depending of the playstyle of either, can be some of the most mentally intensive play, with all the spacing, reads. The worst part is that you truly realize how broken and annoying Corrin can be. My advice, practice the match up, or have a good secondary that can fight Corrin

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Corrin Tidbit No# 13: Corrin dittos are bad. Corrin dittos, depending of the playstyle of either, can be some of the most mentally intensive play, with all the spacing, reads. The worst part is that you truly realize how broken and annoying Corrin can be. My advice, practice the match up, or have a good secondary that can fight Corrin
Normally, I switch to Cloud for these situations.
Oh yeah, I didn't tell you people, but my Furious Four (as I like to call my main and her supports) are Corrin, Shulk, Charizard and Cloud.
I like Shulk because of large sword and British accent. Don't judge me pls ;_;.

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Normally, I switch to Cloud for these situations.
Oh yeah, I didn't tell you people, but my Furious Four (as I like to call my main and her supports) are Corrin, Shulk, Charizard and Cloud.
I like Shulk because of large sword and British accent. Don't judge me pls ;_;.
I have a Sheik, Pika, and ZSS. my Sheik and ZSS haven't been up to par as of late, so I'm considering dropping them, and just full time maining Corrin with a pika secondary

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Pro tip when fighting a pin spamming Corrin. If they pin your shield and boldly go forward to catch an OOS movement, failing badly, depending on their position, you can forward smash them (This only applies to the Corrin ditto.) Sometimes you need to dash or walk to get in reach, but it's faster than running up and grabing or pinning them.(Punishing their pin with your pin, after they try to punish your pin with their pin)

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Update: I will be focusing more on school, so I'll have less time to work on the board and discovering new tech. I will still take requests for character MU (though it will probably take longer, unless you catch me during my less busy times) And I have two informative guides that will be released by next week. The first has to do with how, exactly, to approach ledge guarding, as well as how to juggle opponents.
"I don't have a lot of confidence in my game, with my ****ty neutral and bad reads, but if I want you to stay in the air, you're f_cking staying there" McGyverAC, 2K17

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Update: I will be focusing more on school, so I'll have less time to work on the board and discovering new tech. I will still take requests for character MU (though it will probably take longer, unless you catch me during my less busy times) And I have two informative guides that will be released by next week. The first has to do with how, exactly, to approach ledge guarding, as well as how to juggle opponents.
"I don't have a lot of confidence in my game, with my ****ty neutral and bad reads, but if I want you to stay in the air, you're f_cking staying there" McGyverAC, 2K17
Please take my last couple of requests then. Take your time with them.
1)RosaLuma
2)Little Mac
3)Mewtwo
4)Cheryzurd

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
-ban FD
-take the % lead
-platform camp his *** until the timer runs out
-rinse and repeat for the whole set
-Grab him
-Laugh evilly as you juggle the **** out of him
-throw him offstage
-Mock the player
-Footstool for maximum salt
-Down air is optional

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
The first video in my how to juggle series: What is juggling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbd_1tQmM4E
I already have the next video edited and ready for publishing, but I choose to keep you waiting because I want it to feel like episodes in a class.
The following two videos, Corrin's juggling moveset and how to best apply them, are not ready, as I lack the proper footage to create said videos. Those two will most likely be out in a week to two weeks time. I will try to get them out as fast as I can, but I want the videos to be of the best quality possible, since that is what is most deserved. Share the video with friends and other Corrins, since juggling is absolutely necessary for any good Corrin player. Thank you

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
I've already figured out how I'm going to get the footage for the next How to juggle: Corrin's Options (spoilers: they'll be against CPUs)
I just have to get the footage uploaded and find the time to record the audio, then I'll be all set to edit and upload.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I've already figured out how I'm going to get the footage for the next How to juggle: Corrin's Options (spoilers: they'll be against CPUs)
I just have to get the footage uploaded and find the time to record the audio, then I'll be all set to edit and upload.
My body is ready

Top Bottom