• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Essential Corrin Guide

D

Deleted member 189823

The first video in my how to juggle series: What is juggling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbd_1tQmM4E
I already have the next video edited and ready for publishing, but I choose to keep you waiting because I want it to feel like episodes in a class.
The following two videos, Corrin's juggling moveset and how to best apply them, are not ready, as I lack the proper footage to create said videos. Those two will most likely be out in a week to two weeks time. I will try to get them out as fast as I can, but I want the videos to be of the best quality possible, since that is what is most deserved. Share the video with friends and other Corrins, since juggling is absolutely necessary for any good Corrin player. Thank you

Part 2 of my series How to Juggle is up : )
How to Juggle: Covering Aerial Options: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdjnuxQNsE
To be honest, I'm really impress. While you're rather new to this, you definitely have that touch that other, bigger channels give in these kind of videos. I'd really like more Corrin-specific stuff, as the clips were a pretty ****ing solid demo of what he's capable of.

Definitely sharing this. Good ****, fam.

Last edited by a moderator:

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC

To be honest, I'm really impress. While you're rather new to this, you definitely have that touch that other, bigger channels give in these kind of videos. I'd really like more Corrin-specific stuff, as the clips were a pretty ****ing solid demo of what he's capable of.

Definitely sharing this. Good ****, fam.
giphy.png

I will definitely have more up. The very next video is covering all of Corrin specific juggling tools, and the video after that will try to cover the best way to use that in the neutral. Though, I will need more clips for that final video, and the two new CODs are out.....
I'M SO F_CKING TORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 189823

The only reason I haven't been on as much is because I'm not on my computer.

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
The only reason I haven't been on as much is because I'm not on my computer.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I get it now

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Apparently Corrin when pinning the ground is immune to Mario's FLUDD pushback effect.
Kinda expected that, but still good to know.
Where I saw this? There was a Cosmos vs Ally match. Too lazy to search out the link.

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Apparently Corrin when pinning the ground is immune to Mario's FLUDD pushback effect.
Kinda expected that, but still good to know.
Where I saw this? There was a Cosmos vs Ally match. Too lazy to search out the link.
She's also immune to cape. I learned that by playing against oh so many For Glory Marios
I've played against so many, in fact, that whenever I play against a mario, I will always be prepared to inverse myself. I've gotten so many kills doing this, as well as recovered 100% safely because of it, triggering all the little Mario ****boys. I zoned out for a second

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
It gives the same feeling as when your opponent fails to recover but you dair them anyways.
"Shh...no tears. Only dreams now."

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
It gives the same feeling as when your opponent fails to recover but you dair them anyways.
"Shh...no tears. Only dreams now."
I've done this to so many poor souls.
I may not have as many souls as Nairo does, but I'm going to catch up eventually
"heheheheheheehehehehehehehe....."
tumblr_inline_nvnszh27ol1tzwkwy_500.gif

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THE NEXT PART IN MY HOW TO JUGGLE SERIES IS FINALLY FINISHED AND UPLOADED!!
How to Juggle: Juggling Tools
I talk about Corrin's juggling moves in this particular video
Little note: There will be a follow up video tomorrow, which I will use to discuss the future of these guides
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrjsiLtQ_Nk

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Corrin Tidbit No# 14: In the Corrin vs Sheik, Corrin has something of a combo breaker. When Sheik is doing her forward tilts, Corrin can somehow dair throw them at certain points. The reason is unknown, but it appears that she interacts with the ground some how during the startup animation. This doesn't always work, but it's a good way to break Sheik's strings, and since no one yet knows why or when it works, the Sheik can't shield to avoid it.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Corrin Tidbit No# 14: In the Corrin vs Sheik, Corrin has something of a combo breaker. When Sheik is doing her forward tilts, Corrin can somehow dair throw them at certain points. The reason is unknown, but it appears that she interacts with the ground some how during the startup animation. This doesn't always work, but it's a good way to break Sheik's strings, and since no one yet knows why or when it works, the Sheik can't shield to avoid it.
How fast does dair come out?

Nah

Smash Champion
Normally Dair's hitbox comes out on frame 12. There is however a landing hitbox that's frame 1-4 (similar to Falco Fair when he lands). I wonder if maybe that's it. Sheik Ftilt doesn't move you much at low percents or have much hitstun, so perhaps inputting Dair automatically gets you the landing hitbox, at least sometimes, and given that it's frame 1 it'll combo break anything.

It's something that needs to be tested though.

Last edited:

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
How fast does dair come out?
Normally Dair's hitbox comes out on frame 12. There is however a landing hitbox that's frame 1-4 (similar to Falco Fair when he lands). I wonder if maybe that's it. Sheik Ftilt doesn't move you much at low percents or have much hitstun, so perhaps inputting Dair automatically gets you the landing hitbox, at least sometimes, and given that it's frame 1 it'll combo break anything.

It's something that needs to be tested though.
It's as you said, there is a grounded hitbox that comes out on frame one. It works because Corrin extends her legs down for the drill, which puts her closer to the ground.

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Corrin Tidbit No# 15: The Misfortune of priorities
For whatever Reason, Corrin's Kick from Dragon Lunge can be beaten out by long lasting nairs. Not just the hard nairs, but the actual end frames of nairs.
This is just ****ing stupid

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Corrin Tidbit No# 16: Dragon Fang Shot can two Frame!
The maximum charge can apparently two frame people. Not really certain if it's specific to recoveries, since some recoveries two frames have them go lower than others

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Corrin Tidbit No# 17: Corrin has true combos out of jab cancel at the ledge
Corrin, like most infinite jab characters, can cancel her jab if her back is facing the ledge, which happens when she slides off. While it is unconfirmed whether she has true combos out of aerials, it appears as though she can Dragon Lunge and pin her opponent. While I think it would be possible to up air here, or DFS to catch jump away, DL appears to be the one to go for.

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Corrin Tidbit No# 18: Dragon Lunge Tech
Immediately after teching the surface of the stage, mainly a wall, Corrin can instantly Dragon Lunge to the side of the wall. This can be useful for recovering, Attacking your opponent, or just looking cool.

D

Deleted member 189823

this thing still exists?

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Corrin Tidbit No# 19: Corrin does have an instant ledge get up, though it's different from the others. She has to use her fair jumping up, and she can sometimes land with the fair hitbox still out, effectively getting an autocancel.
I haven't tested it, since I found out about it yesterday, but this will be pretty neat, since you can pressure shield safely near the ledge
Here's the original video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=4sUfYztwunU

D

Deleted member 189823

okay I'm actually going to take a look on that. ***, looks amazing.

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
This is surprisingly accurate for what appears to be out of the blue. a bit of suggestion, though. It doesn't look very appealing, in the way that it isn't organised in such a fashion. a bit of a shame, I actually agree with most of what you've to say.

Stuff:

- Corrin's run and air speed are about as average as it gets. I see what you mean, that it can be troubling to close in the distance in certain matchups (actually happen to know that first hand). However, I wouldn't say we're particularly slow. We're as fast or as slow as we play. Corrin can be played ''fast''. We have the tools to do so, it's just harder to think when you do.

- Similiarly, I don't think campy characters are very threatening. again, first hand, I can find it annoying to close in that distance. But this is where Shielding comes in place. and with Shield, we got Grabs, something very underrated among Corrin play. Having in a opponent with a Reflector is far from our downfall. I sure as heck never relied on Dragon Ball for anything other than killing.

- DDD can seem like a hard MU if you aren't very well-versed in dealing with camping and heavy Shield game altogether. Gordos can easily be dealt with F-air or N-air. Once you get in his range, he'll either try to block you out with F-Tilt (which you'll want to jump over or Shield) and his last resource is to pretty much Shield (in which case, again, you Grab). Don't get me wrong, Grabs aren't always as obvious, which is why I tend to mix it up with empty hops. Once we get him in the air, we murder him.

This MU is only hard online. I think every DDD has a record against me, there. You know, since I'll take every Gordo to the face, pretty much. also, it may or may not be online, but it looks like his Smash attacks are safe-ish on our Shield. F-Smash has massive Shield stun.

- against Cloud, I don't see what you mean about 'hyped matchup'. Personally, I am starting to see the advantage we hold in this MU before even taking him off stage. For starters, you're not going to want to just throw out attacks, as his attacks tend to be faster and have similiar range. Waiting on Shield against stuff like FH D-air, N-air and any kind of falling aerial is bound to get grabbed. We can also beat out his D-air with out B-air to the sides, or U-air if they're trying to land (though it's rather strict of a timing). We juggle him pretty well in the MU, so look for those opportunities (or to take him off-stage) and take advantage of them). He can indeed annoy us pretty well with U-air, which is why I try my best to DI up, away and aim to jump at the right time. B-air to safety. D-air actually kind of works at the right moment, we have this huge disjoint thing that catches him off-guard in-between hits, so, be wary.

- Your take on Mario is pretty accurate, barring the Fireball part. It doesn't particularly annoy us. They're easy to Shield and N-air/B-air destroy them (not sure about F-air). I think the hard part is dealing with his N-air, as it has this little annoying lingering hitbox that catches you off-guard into a tumble animatuon. He combos us pretty hard, but it shouldn't be a huge problem if we take care of our spacing a DI away/jump accordingly. People like ally and RoguePenguin seem to have trouble against us, ironically.

tl;dr: Most Clouds are arrogant ****s that think they do anything for free, so just Shield and act accordingly.

also, Corrin's aerials have sourspots?
also2, ''she'''s getting old, urgh.
Reading this almost a year later, I understand what you were talking about.

Top Bottom