• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The entire brawl community should drop brawl for BlazBlue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Now. Before you start flaming me or whatever, let me explain my reasons why this would be a good idea.

1. Brawl sux. lololol (personal opinion of mine. But thats really the bottom line. But no, keeping reading).

2. Its a brand new game. The most excuses I hear about players not wanting to play Melee seriously is because they are literally years behind. Well, with Blazblue this is definantly not the case. If you pick up the game today, you will literally be less than a week behind most players. Thats not bad at all.

3. Its a better game. Why? Because its way more balanced. The most broken
thing in the game is V-13 while the most broken thing in brawl in Metaknight. V-13 can get punished easily and takes damage really badly.

4. Its more fun than frustrating. I can remember many cases where I played brawl and I was just flat out frustrated and annoyed about certain match ups and certain things(Kirby vs Ice Climbers is a perfect example). When your losing in BlazBlue, its usually because the person playing you is just simply a better player than you. It is NEVER because the character you choose to play as and have the most fun with just flat out gets destroyed by the character your going up against. The perfect case in BB would be V-13 vs Tager.
(This is top tier vs complete bottom tier for those of you who don't know. AKA Metaknight vs Ganondorf.)
SURE, V-13 has the upper hand in the match up. But once Tager gets in, he can destroy v-13(Mike Z is my hero) where as if your playing brawl and you legitmately enjoy playing Ganondorf, you won't win no matter what you do. Its impossible.

5. If your STILL not convinced, then just check out Litchi. ;o You'll never see **** that big in brawl, while playing brawl or being anywhere even near brawl.

Discuss.
This does not need to be in the BlazBlue thread as I would like to hear everyones opinion on this and not just BlazBlue players.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Does it have all my favorite characters from my childhood? :0

Oh wait, TMNT smash up does. *jumps on the Gmoney bus*

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Here why I play brawl

1: Lucas: Lucas is one of those lil boys that I main about a year ago. Plus, not often do you get to wack someone with a stick. If lucas was on brawl, he would still be low tier next to ness...I think.

2:Wario: His fat and fun to play. I mean he does the german dance in the air and when he spot doges...
did I mention Trash Planking?

3: collection: I haven't collect EVERYTHING...yet...

4: Brwal plus: I Just got it...and it seems fun...

5: other than that.. i not playing competivie brawl....yet...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I like Litchi actually.... it's who I plan on sticking with throughout my many friendly *** beatings LOL.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
while I believe BB to be superior to Brawl in many ways, you can't just drop in and bash a community altogether. if they want to play it, let them. some people can't handle more difficult games, and some people really enjoy riding the cash cow of Brawl. some just love playing it. so let them play.

I would play BB, but there are too many characters who get on my nerves. Rachel, Nu, Arakune, Taokaka, Hakumen, I don't like fighting any of them for some reason, so I'll wait for the sequel. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but 12 chars just isn't for me.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
lol generic laijin spiel re: a game he has played for less than a month

litchi's even less chinese than lei fang

it's like they're trying to giving you japanophiles a break by saying she's chinese so you don't have to feel bad about being lame

(it's a lie)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The reason I don't play brawl -

You can almost spell ball. So, like, it's trying to tell you it's BALLS.

Laijin

Smash Hero
while I believe BB to be superior to Brawl in many ways, you can't just drop in and bash a community altogether. if they want to play it, let them. some people can't handle more difficult games, and some people really enjoy riding the cash cow of Brawl. some just love playing it. so let them play.

I would play BB, but there are too many characters who get on my nerves. Rachel, Nu, Arakune, Taokaka, Hakumen, I don't like fighting any of them for some reason, so I'll wait for the sequel. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but 12 chars just isn't for me.
There are always characters nobody likes fighting in games.
In melee theres Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers.
**** those characters.

In Guilty Gear there is Testament and Eddie.
**** those characters.

Hakumen is not bad at all. That guy is cake for my character.
Taokaka can be a bit annoying, but you can back dash her dive attacks and her super as well to avoid it. she does'nt dive across the stage, but to where your standing. So as long as your not against the wall you can avoid her attacks.
Arakune is only good if he curses you.
Nu is gay.
Rachel is gay.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
One of the main reasons a lot of us play Brawl (and smash in general) is because we like to see Nintendo characters wreck each other. Don't you remember the Smash64 commercial? Pure amazing.

But you have to remember that if Smash64 and Melee didn't have competitive depth than Brawl wouldn't still be riding the hype wave.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
There are always characters nobody likes fighting in games.
In melee theres Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers.
**** those characters.

In Guilty Gear there is Testament and Eddie.
**** those characters.

Hakumen is not bad at all. That guy is cake for my character.
Taokaka can be a bit annoying, but you can back dash her dive attacks and her super as well to avoid it. she does'nt dive across the stage, but to where your standing. So as long as your not against the wall you can avoid her attacks.
Arakune is only good if he curses you.
Nu is gay.
Rachel is gay.

yeah, and BlazBlue only has 12 characters. when I have a problem with near half the roster, there is a problem
but...
I liked Tager enough to buy the game. just like I did with Robo-Ky in Guilty Gear. I won't play it competitvely though, just for fun.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
One of the main reasons a lot of us play Brawl (and smash in general) is because we like to see Nintendo characters wreck each other. Don't you remember the Smash64 commercial? Pure amazing.

But you have to remember that if Smash64 and Melee didn't have competitive depth than Brawl wouldn't still be riding the hype wave.
I would like to state that SSBM had more default competitive depth than Brawl does.

L Cancel.

Wat.

*Head Asplodes*

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm not arguing about melee vs. brawl
but why do people always cite L-cancelling as some kind of revolutionary game mechanic

the fact that you have to always press L whenever you did a move is utterly arbitrary and ********, they could have very well just made aerials have half the landing lag that they do

L-cancelling is like if in a basketball game, whenever you were about to shoot, you have to step on a button on the court to make the hoop appear, that's arbitrary. Just make the hoop be there the whole time.

cite things that actually added depth to the game in and of themselves, like wavedashing/dashdancing/crouch cancelling/ etc.

i.e things that you actually had to use your brain to apply, and not a mindless do-this-everytime mechanic like L-canceling.

i mean it increased the skill gap, which is fine. but it did it in a completely arbitrary way. What if in the next smash bros, you had to press A-A-B-Cdown-start to make your character have the ability to jump for the rest of the match. Would that add depth to the game? it's virtually the same concept as L-cancelling. its an arbitrary solution to an arbitrary inhibition in the game

and brawl has just as much competitive depth as any game. but i've learned my lesson about trying to convince anyone who's got their mind made up

Purple

Hi guys!
Now. Before you start flaming me or whatever, let me explain my reasons why this would be a good idea.

1. Brawl sux. lololol (personal opinion of mine. But thats really the bottom line. But no, keeping reading).

2. Its a brand new game. The most excuses I hear about players not wanting to play Melee seriously is because they are literally years behind. Well, with Blazblue this is definantly not the case. If you pick up the game today, you will literally be less than a week behind most players. Thats not bad at all.

3. Its a better game. Why? Because its way more balanced. The most broken
thing in the game is V-13 while the most broken thing in brawl in Metaknight. V-13 can get punished easily and takes damage really badly.

4. Its more fun than frustrating. I can remember many cases where I played brawl and I was just flat out frustrated and annoyed about certain match ups and certain things(Kirby vs Ice Climbers is a perfect example). When your losing in BlazBlue, its usually because the person playing you is just simply a better player than you. It is NEVER because the character you choose to play as and have the most fun with just flat out gets destroyed by the character your going up against. The perfect case in BB would be V-13 vs Tager.
(This is top tier vs complete bottom tier for those of you who don't know. AKA Metaknight vs Ganondorf.)
SURE, V-13 has the upper hand in the match up. But once Tager gets in, he can destroy v-13(Mike Z is my hero) where as if your playing brawl and you legitmately enjoy playing Ganondorf, you won't win no matter what you do. Its impossible.

5. If your STILL not convinced, then just check out Litchi. ;o You'll never see **** that big in brawl, while playing brawl or being anywhere even near brawl.

Discuss.
This does not need to be in the BlazBlue thread as I would like to hear everyones opinion on this and not just BlazBlue players.
i'm pissed, laijin ****ed up AGAIN, he was doin good at one point, now he ****s up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Uf9rsBbhc#t=01m33s

just because a game's technical doesn't mean it has more depth.

Look at hokuto no ken, if you knew anything about fighting games, you would know that game's pretty technical, but the **** is broken. MvC2, game's technical, but its' the same four to five characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom