• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The effects of the Popgun

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
Ok, i know everything about how the popgun is operated, and i have known for a while, but i have a more important question.....

What effect does it have on the victim........ Here are some examples

#1 Do they make characters move slightly backwords and or stop recoveries so you can use them as an edge guard like shieks needles (by the way, shieks needles are way fun to jump up and stop recoveries. This is because they dont allow the char. to restart there recovery immediately)

#2 Are they like Dr. Mario's pills, so they arent any good for recovery interfernce in the middle of an up b because they just allow there recovery to restart and dont move char. too much

#3 Are they like Links bombs where they hit you and make you stay close to the same place but you need to allow this animation to make you go up and down

You guys get the idea, before you contribute say weather you know what you say, or are making guesses, or if you are just saying what you dont suspect but just want. Personally i just want something like shieks emo needles:laugh::laugh::laugh:

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Um, idk why you think Doc's pills aren't good for edgegaurding. Any proj. can potential be used in some application for guarding. On topic: Idk how to categorize them, but if I remember correctly, they don't start to have noticeable knockback till higher percentages. Meaning, up until your health is in the red, they only make you flinch. (Think jabbing some1 in melee at 150%) Also, obviously, the stronger the charge, the more knockback they have. So I'm guessing you'll start to see knockback at lower %'s w/it fully charged...:lick:

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing it will be like a half charged Samus charge beam. Slow but pretty powerful, with potential edge guardyness.

Darkenedsoul

Smash Cadet
hopefully it won't blow up half the time. Also maybe the more it is charged up the bigger it is.

warriv

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-3380-3418
yea it is kind of annoying trying to time the peanut's speed to hit them, but all it takes is some practice :)

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Actually, what I found out today after watching a few Diddy vids, the peanuts only crack out of the shell when they are hit.

And by this, I mean:

Diddy shoots 1 peanut at bowser. Before impact, bowser uses his side smash attack and impales the incoming peanut.

Result: A peanut falls out of the broken shell.

Im sure it was designed so that Diddy users couldn't run around and have the chance that they would randomly crack out of the shell for them.

Oh and. This doesn't apply for Diddy's final smash. During his final smash, peanuts are bound to fall out of the shell apon ground impact.

For those who were curious.

Gea

Smash Master
WIth items off do peanuts still come out? I never got to test this.

Also: Slow projectiles are a GOOD thing. You can effectively wall defensively MUCH better. Diddy doesn't have too much lag with them. And the exploding really happens if you just hold down the button. I find them most like Doc's pills. Made for mostly defensive use and walling, with limited offensive options if people are smart.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
They can be fast when he charges his gun. When its just used without charge it loops, but yeah works like his pill.

And I would imagine that even WITH items off peanuts would still fall out of the shell, seeing how Peach could pull beamswords from the ground with her downspecial, instead of turnips with items off.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Umh I don't know. The peanut isn't really on the item list in brawl, its more-so part of his attack.

Sairanen

Smash Rookie
i think the peanot gun suck,

1: they are way to slow

2: they are easy to dodge

3: they don't do that much when u hit, if u don't charge the gun

4: u can catch the peanuts and throw them back so u are just giving u opponent items

Sairanen

Smash Rookie
in my 3.5 hours of playing this game, not one peanut has stayed on the ground for someone to ear or throw from the gun =/

they will not stay on the ground, u have to catch them in the air, just do an airdodge when the nut is about to hit u

GOTM

Smash Champion
ive used these well to edguard some people. it stuns them off the stage in time for say a well placed fsmash or spike or something.

also, it stops falcos/fox's illusion so you can be patient and wait to see where there upB goes.

i think they are better than people give them credit for.

Sairanen

Smash Rookie
well everyone have different opinions, and i prefer to throw the banana at them rather then trying to hit them with a nut =)

RagingCajun

Smash Rookie
I've been using Diddy for a while now, and I would have to say his peanut gun is not terribly useful so far. It doesn't really have much effect at all on the other person when they are hit with the nut, charged or not. Plus I've never seen the nuts been used as items as of yet.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
you can catch the peanuts super easy with the C stick. and charging them only seems to boost their speed. I know because I played the game.

Top Bottom