• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Edmonton Melee Power Ranking (updated: March 2010)

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Well theres no real reason to rank beyond that. It gives people that don't have reason to complain, a reason to complain.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, I agree with you Brad.

I like it though, its clean.

Calgary is going to be tough to place.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh, Levi won't wanna be on it, and even if he would, we need to review.

Because I'm kinda even with him =P

Sid for 4th.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
edit: Victor, Allan is not better than me OR Alex.

edit: and replace joel with mike P.

doble edit: Is matt really better than us too? I never actually played him personally. But I dunno

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeaaah I donno about Allan. Is he going to levi's thing? If so, then we can judge Calgary then.

atm though, if I were to rank top 10 edmonton it'd be something like:

01. Carl - obv
02. Dan - obv
03. Mike P - Im worried if he'll stay active or not though

04. Sid - yeah, sid is at a pretty distinct level all his own imo

05. Jarret - Jarrett, Luke and I are all pretty even imo. Jarrett has an edge though obv.
06. Myself - Me and Luke are interchangeable imo.
07. Luke - lol yeah

08. Matt - his inconsistent game play really really brings him down. He's either hard **** or soft cake.
09. David -Dragonz will be moving up very quickly imo. Intensely good.
10. Tyler - lol yeah I dunno

I'm not too sure about Sho and how active he is. A note, Luke, Jarret, are really even imo, Matt too sometimes. David will be like 5th in a month or 2 I swear.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol the sad thing is though Luke, even if you use Fox you'll still place the same as me and jarrett.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I need to suck up my balls and play pikachu more. I have a feeling next big tourney, i'm gonna be knocked out by Kevin and Sid.

Or pick up god **** sheik! Bwahahaha.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Dude, that won't save you. My pikachu rocks Brad's lolsheik. Don't even try vic, don't even try.
Don't worry Victor, I havn't played sheik in almost 6 months I think now, maybe more.

And even then, I havn't played kevin seriously with sheik since the calgary crew battle at a bi-weekly, sheik vs pika, and I took Kevin's 4 stocks only losing 1, I think.

Doesn't matter. Point is, Kevin's an idiot. He can't handle sheik for the life of him. Well, Pika can't.

01. Carl - obv
02. Dan - obv
03. Mike P - Im worried if he'll stay active or not though
04. Sid - yeah, sid is at a pretty distinct level all his own imo
05. Jarret - Jarrett, Luke and I are all pretty even imo. Jarrett has an edge though obv.
06. Myself - Me and Luke are interchangeable imo.
07. Luke - lol yeah
08. Matt - his inconsistent game play really really brings him down. He's either hard **** or soft cake.
09. David -Dragonz will be moving up very quickly imo. Intensely good.
10. Tyler - lol yeah I dunno
You really shouldn't be placing people high in anticipation for them to do well, you also have to consider David's been to what, ONE tournament? You have to remember that you have no idea how consistant he is.

In that situation you have to be conservative and put him lower, because it's still much easier for him to rise if he is that good. He only needs to do it once again and NOBODY should disagree.

Anyways, it doesn't matter because Calgary can put at least three people up there if we want, so Tyler matt and david don't really need to be ranked too officially.

I'm pretty sure you can agree I should be above you Victor. At least untill you prove otherwise, and if you disagree you're a ****** since I've totalled you the last times we've played. That includes Luke.

Personally I'd say I should be just above Jarett. But I really don't mind if you all disagree, because **** he's good.

It's up to you on Alex, I think he should be just below me, but if you think you can take him,. go ahead, but you better be ready to prove it come next time >=3

If Levi does want on, yeah he's just below Sid IMO.

and uh, well, how has Kevin done against you and Luke the last times you've played. He beat you guys the last few times right?

And Allan you guys are saying is there? Well Calgary (probably not allan, but the rest) agree he's not that high, but hey, he has done well and probably deserves to be above you and Luke.

Basically

01. Carl
02. Dan
03. Mike P
04. Sid
05. Levi
06. Myself -me and jarett can be swapped
07. Jarett
08. Alex
09. Kevin
10. Allan

Thats just tossed together, it's by no means what the list needs to be, but I'm just throwing it together quick, and frankly it looks pretty good, I just don't know if I'm forgetting anyone.

and yeah sorry, no offense to everyone who was on and got booted for calgary in my edition, but frankly, you guys did lose to all of us last time we came round... didn't you?

Tyler beat Matt, Dragonz didn't. Victor sucks at making these lists.
A single win in no way determines how someone should be placed, you need to learn this because you are just as bad at making PR's.

Ermine

Smash Ace
And even then, I havn't played kevin seriously with sheik since the calgary crew battle at a bi-weekly, sheik vs pika, and I took Kevin's 4 stocks only losing 1, I think.
This was what, more than a year ago? I'm glad you don't think I haven't gotten better since then. Thanks bro.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad I know 1 win doesn't matter, don't come in and say something so smugly and think you're smart. Both players are brand new to the scene, Tyler beat both Matt and I, and almost beat Sid, I don't know how Dragonz could possibly be ranked higher than Tyler judging from this tournament. How am I bad at making PR's? Explain.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I am almost tempted to say the alberta melee PR should include two lists, one for calgary and one for edmonton

=/

I mean it sounds stupid, but once you think about it, Calgary and Edmonton only play together once a year. It's kind of hard to rank all the players together when the tourneys that happen in each city are pretty independent of the other city, and there's no way to rank people to regional tourneys that they don't normally attend. Normally, I'd argue against this, but Carl and Victor aren't hosting tourneys anymore, and it's not worth Calgary coming up all the way to Edmonton just for monthlies.

Also, PR placing according to tourney rank =/= PR placing according to skill. If we're going to judge this list based on money matches, consistency, and tournament placings, then I would technically be under Sid. Problem is that I KNOW I'm not as good as Luke cause I play with him once every week or two. It's hard to rank people on a PR when you've only had one tourney in the past 3-4 months. That being said, tourneys like ADAT2 that happened 4 months ago shouldn't even contribute to the PR cause they're outdated.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Now Tyler, I actually agree with you.

I agree with you too Luke, don't worry. Its not like my list is official or anything, it was pretty much spontaneous.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I think we should have an official no johns tournament for PR placement.

only alberta players invited

1 big round robin, everyone plays everyone once

no johns no johns bring your A game

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think we should have an official no johns tournament for PR placement.

only alberta players invited

1 big round robin, everyone plays everyone once

no johns no johns bring your A game
oh**** lmfao. We could do this, like as an bi-annual event. That would be legit and hella fun. I'd get to have a chance to play everyone. =D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
more like, a waterpark.

I'm calling it right now! I'm losing only to Kevin, Sid, and Carl! D:<

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Only if he leaves his drink unattended.

Or if we play only on FD and he stays Marth.

=D

brb, stepping into a hyperbolic time chamber for intense training!

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
This was what, more than a year ago? I'm glad you don't think I haven't gotten better since then. Thanks bro.
Glad you think the same. Bro.

Brad I know 1 win doesn't matter, don't come in and say something so smugly and think you're smart. Both players are brand new to the scene, Tyler beat both Matt and I, and almost beat Sid, I don't know how Dragonz could possibly be ranked higher than Tyler judging from this tournament. How am I bad at making PR's? Explain.
Because you used to think you were higher up than me, even though you could use the exact same evidence to prove I am higher than you.

it's not worth Calgary coming up all the way to Edmonton just for monthlies.
It would be if you guys provided incentive. Which you don't.

You don't even host melee properly.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
oh**** lmfao. We could do this, like as an bi-annual event. That would be legit and hella fun. I'd get to have a chance to play everyone. =D
You mean semi-annual? Bi-annual = 2 years. >_>

You don't even host melee properly.
Enlighten me to how we / Shiro have been hosting Melee wrongly. Since you're the TO and all and you've hosted so many tournaments before.

Top Bottom