• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Edmonton Melee Power Ranking (updated: March 2010)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
ITT tyler made a good post a couple posts up
+rep

I'm good for top 10 and not 15. It was originally 15 so more people could fit on and there would be less *****ing, but *****ing seems to depend only on time and not on any other variables

if we integrate with respect to time we get:
f(x)=∫bitching dt = ∑[(bradposts+2∗lukeposts)∗(infractions^2)(sinθ)/(√sidposts)] - (∑youtube links)
where θ is defined by θ=h∗o'clock∗radians
and h∈I [1,24] hours

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
What's host melee properly? I really wanna hear this.
Enlighten me to how we / Shiro have been hosting Melee wrongly. Since you're the TO and all and you've hosted so many tournaments before.
You guys do realize I pretty much ran ADAT for you, and me and victor did a surprisingly large amount for ADAT2. I just ****ed off for brawl.

That and I help run every tournament I've ever been to. I pretty much ran Cast4, I helped Chad run Cast3. Aswell at the SK's I've been to. I've ran many tournaments on my own, online and offline for various games.

Trust me, I have experience.

All I maen by host properly is:

1. Actually host it, because lately it's bee iffy if it's even hapening considering you change dates all the time (take in mind you can't say **** about the next one, because thats obviously not included)

2. Offer incentive for out of towners (remember, I am talking about calgary here, that is the whole reason I said you need to get better) for example, accomidating them. Rides, housing etc. As much as I've been asked to come to SK the only person who's ever offered me housing is Sid, and he doesn't even go, generally.

3. What the **** stage striking.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yup you ran ADAT. You got the food, you organized the scheduel, and you maintained the bracket. You helped with yelling, and I'd thank you for that if you weren't such a **** about everything else.

Carl there hasn't been much *****ing other than me responding to Brad.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Yup you ran ADAT. You got the food, you organized the scheduel, and you maintained the bracket. You helped with yelling, and I'd thank you for that if you weren't such a **** about everything else.

Carl there hasn't been much *****ing other than me responding to Brad.
Schedule didn't run accordingly, I did maintain the bracket.

But I gotta hand it to you, you had JB handing out boiled *****.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad, the scheduel ran perfectly aside from doubles grand finals ending super late. But w.e take credit for the tournament if you want.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lmfao Sid. I like how the smiley was added like, 10 minutes after.

And centered and bolded just in case you didn't catch it the first time.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I said you don't really go to SK's. As far as I know you've only gone to one and that was late because of choir.

come to think of it, you always have choir on SK's.

Brad, the scheduel ran perfectly aside from doubles grand finals ending super late. But w.e take credit for the tournament if you want.
I'm just calling you out for saying I have no experience. That's all.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Your experience is only when the tournament is under way, you've never organized one or took the initiative to get one going, that's what me/Tyler are saying I guess.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Your experience is only when the tournament is under way, you've never organized one or took the initiative to get one going, that's what me/Tyler are saying I guess.
Actually, as I did state earlier. I have. More times than you. But the points not that I'm any special just that you asked me a question, I was verifying that i actually had reason to say what I did.

Not_Listening_ever.jpg

Dynamism?

Smash Champion

Top 10
This latest update is the best possible update Alberta could've done this year.
:)

Carl is right on the last page. The equation is a direct analogy to BC too.
If anyone here has looked at all the *****ing that goes on in the melee PR Thread (ALL of October was a dramafest), it's inevitable, but necissary. They got a legit update done with great discussion, sick PR matches with the top players to settle undecisive disputes, and way better overall AGAIN. Not me personally, but those involved in the PR in Vancouver and that area went through all of that.

As far as that 'accom. 4 OOSers' goes...
Everyone from Calgary and Red Deer should be helped with housing just as much as someone visiting from Europe. Surely you wouldn't leave Armada hesitating to come to your tournament because he doesn't know where he'll be staying in advance. ;D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah that's right, you better use ylink Luke, cause yo fox ain't got nothing.

/hype

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
IIRC I made a 2 stock comeback just with 9 dthrows and 3 dairs.
Lol I changed it to brawl now. Get it?

edit: I'd use fox on Victor's peach. Fox is pretty sexy. (lol besides every peach player gets trashed by ganon)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol Brad. I like it.

Ganons hard, he's all like FAAIRRRR and then I'm all like oooooohh~. But I don't mind the match up, it's pretty steady and well-paced.

But I'm not afraid of your Ganon or your fighting fox!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol tbh out of everyone, I'm the least afraid of Tyler.

No offense Tyler, but I've never seen you do anything that would make me scared to play you.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
thats why i said, I've never seen you do anything that would make me afraid to play against you.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
lol Brad. I like it.

Ganons hard, he's all like FAAIRRRR and then I'm all like oooooohh~. But I don't mind the match up, it's pretty steady and well-paced.

But I'm not afraid of your Ganon or your fighting fox!
Oh thats it, I'm gonna fight you so hard!

you haven't even faced me before victor...the most you've played against me is like marth in doubles =/
TBH I'm with Victor, even though I know you can put up a fight, you're stilll not a scary player to see in brackets. You're very beatable as it stands.

No offense though, cause obviously, you are good.

He beat Matt, and beat me, that's pretty impressive.
I've done that, and you didn't seem to care, why now?

Top Bottom