• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Edmonton Melee Power Ranking (updated: March 2010)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
We looked at matches played. allan, matt, alex, sho and victor tied at cast so we had nothing but adat2 to place those 5. Brad placed 9th with levi and alex at adat, matt and allan tied for 7th at adat, sho and alex tied for 9th at adat. You can see how quickly this gets hard to call.

wtf@ brackets being biased
basing things on brackets is the least biased thing you can do...

Ermine

Smash Ace
We looked at matches played. allan, matt, alex, sho and victor tied at cast so we had nothing but adat2 to place those 5. Brad placed 9th with levi and alex at adat, matt and allan tied for 7th at adat, sho and alex tied for 9th at adat. You can see how quickly this gets hard to call.

wtf@ brackets being biased
basing things on brackets is the least biased thing you can do...
I placed higher than Allan, Matt, Alex, Sho, and Victor at CAST.

Just sayin.

PineappleHauzer

Smash Cadet
Carl ur Luke Dumb.

I mean brackets are biased for the fact that brackets arn't even.

If someone has to play against someone like Sleak, whereas another person has to play against Daltsy, just because the person beat sleak and the other person lost to daltsy, doesnt mean the person who beat sleak is better.

Make sense?

Thats where I'm basing my facts opinion of off.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Carl ur Luke Dumb.

I mean brackets are biased for the fact that brackets arn't even.

If someone has to play against someone like Sleak, whereas another person has to play against Daltsy, just because the person beat sleak and the other person lost to daltsy, doesnt mean the person who beat sleak is better.

Make sense?

Thats where I'm basing my facts opinion of off.
well then heres a question; which of those two hypothetical players IS better? the only decent way to answer that question is by looking at who got farther in the tournament.

i still don't understand how brackets aren't even. Upsetting higher level players has always been recognized.

PineappleHauzer

Smash Cadet
Exactly, thats why PR's have always been dumb =]

I for one know very well that theres plenty better than Allan in calgary

Hell, Pawl beat him at the latest calgary get together, in brackets. Allan got dead last, for example.

Tyson651

Smash Lord

Lastly, people who are not active in singles tournaments, have been removed.
basically me :)

but ya, i think the PR list is a bit off of what it should be ideally.

just need more tourneys cause u got no consistency in anyone.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
The biggest problem is about the calgary smashers. Kevin being to low, Allan being above Brad.

Pit's tournament should be enough to help solve this. It'll give Kevin a chance to redeem himself and show that he's better then where we had he at, and Brad gets his chance to be above Allan.

Everyone one outside of Calgary, from what I can tell, is ok with this.

btw Brad, I don't know if you've noticed before or not but Brent is the most inconsistent smasher ever lol. Like, besides my brother he's probably the person I've played the most and believe me when i say that during the day, he'll get wrecked badly and then sometimes he'll go freakin' super saiyan 4 and ****. He just chokes a lot under pressure.

He's a fantastic doubles player though, him and Sean make an amazing team and Brent really gets to shine cause there's less pressure for him since he has an understanding teammate.

PineappleHauzer

Smash Cadet
I agree with Luke, he should be lower.

Brent's shown me he's not awful lately, I was happy. I just think he's above sleak and stuff like that, like did you look at his pool?

and yeah brent's good in teams, which should also be considered, even though not so much, cause if teams were considered heavily I'd be top tier lol.

edit: I'll do you a favour and give a full report after the Pit event, even though alex and levi arnt going I dont think

PineappleHauzer

Smash Cadet
Because it's too sensible, because it makes the very point of saying it's not accurate of who is better, which is the general idea of a PR, so anyone who wants it to be as right as possible then asks what we could do to make it more accurate.

Thats why it can't be left at that >_>

Wait, woah, location change? Sid you put too much effort into things. I don't even.

OH I DIDNT TELL YOU I 100% RAN HOTD2, Including the super boss mode trials and the tutorials, which IMO are harder than the game. Try beating all bosses, every form, (First, Hydra x 2, chainsaw x 2, magician, and final) at 5x difficulty all at once without getting hit 3 times.

edit: Mike, I challenge you to every fighting game available.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
edit: Mike, I challenge you to every fighting game available.
Melee
MvC2
3s
CvS2
SFII (for convenience's sake we'll say the downloadable one for the wii. F*** HD remix)
Plasma Sword
GGXXAC
BB

I s'pose we should put in SFEX3?

And if you think for a second I'm not going to john about a distinct lack of arcade stick you are sorely mistaken =p.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, the criteria is clearly laid out. We already had a discussion amongst the panelists, hence the update. The only thing that should change the placements (read: accuracy) of the PR at this point is a tournament. Everything else has been done.

I 100%'d HotD2 last September. What. Luke, Scott and I did the full boss run getting hit only on Hierophant B (because he ****ing hacks) and Strength (because Tomahawk chop what... we shouldn't have got hit by that).

I have been Ft. Sask for like... almost 2 weeks now lol.

Melee
MvC2
3s
CvS2
SFII (for convenience's sake we'll say the downloadable one for the wii. F*** HD remix)
Plasma Sword
GGXXAC
BB

I s'pose we should put in SFEX3?

And if you think for a second I'm not going to john about a distinct lack of arcade stick you are sorely mistaken =p.
oshiiiiiiiiiii

I think Mike would take all of those. Except for SFEX3 and perhaps Melee

Edit: F*** HD remix

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Uhm, just throwing this out here, but it's probably best if you played Super Turbo on GGPO or just HD Remix, or you might be stuck with one of the ****tier versions of SF2 like World Warrior (I think that was the really bad one).

Don't forget the 3d fighters and other lesser known japanese fighters. He said EVERY fighting game available.

Can I be on the Alberta PR?

PineappleHauzer

Smash Cadet
I'm not challenging thinking I'm gonna win, just wanna play him since IMO he's THE alberta fighting gamer, next in line is Sid.

But yeah, I'm including capcom fighting evolution, I mean everything, but the only ones I think I'll win are Melee, and ex3+.

I think I could go even on CvS2 and BB for sure though. and I wouldn't be destroyed at some of the other ones.

and sid, yeah I just didn't think you'd actually want to change your location given you live in edmonton.

But yeah Mike, I don't expect to win, even half of them, Just wanna play you =P

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Brad, I just realized that your avatar is just a photoshopped version of joel's avatar.

I lol'd.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
I nominate Parker for forever Albertan tier. cus he left for bc for school, played a couple people in bc and quit because they made the game not fun anymore

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
pretty much. I think the only other person who lingers around here still, who'd remember parker, is Carl

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
I'm not challenging thinking I'm gonna win, just wanna play him since IMO he's THE alberta fighting gamer, next in line is Sid.

But yeah, I'm including capcom fighting evolution, I mean everything, but the only ones I think I'll win are Melee, and ex3+.

I think I could go even on CvS2 and BB for sure though. and I wouldn't be destroyed at some of the other ones.

and sid, yeah I just didn't think you'd actually want to change your location given you live in edmonton.

But yeah Mike, I don't expect to win, even half of them, Just wanna play you =P
I would love to play you Brad. No big MM or anything, but playing all that with you would be mighty fun. And sure, why not, add CFE. We should probably add SFIV as well.

Aside: I like how CFE is on the list but not brawl.

I think I'll probably lose BB, unless I train up with some TO peeps. Or ***** nu? I plan on losing EX3, but seeing as I've never played it before, and it's and EX game, I'm not too broken up. GG, unsure. Melee, intrigued. MvC2 win. 3s win. Plasma Sword flawless victory. CvS2 we shall see, same for SFII/IV.

PS Was parker Steve's friend?

PineappleHauzer

Smash Cadet
That was Victor, Parker.

Mike why would I wanna play brawl, gack thats disgusting. (lol if you want we can but it'll be silly)

Just make sure you're ready for my beast HAUZER. and I guess I'm okay at SF4 so yeah, add killer instinct too.

Well I hardly ever play games in general so trainings not a big deal, but I have a mighty tager, so please dont train a nu >_>

I plan to laugh to Ex3, win or lose. SF2/4 you have the advantage for sure, I'm not great at 2, just know how cheap moves like guiles light air kick spam is. and 4 I'm just decent at easy stuff.

Top Bottom