• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dutch thread!

Kirby Squad

Smash Lord
hey Kupo das tog dat austalische meisje tog??... ik ben namelijk een paper aan het schrijven over vrouwelijke gamers en toernooien... en zij is de enige smash(st)er op pro gebied tog?

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Volgens mij meerdere. De zus van Ken speelt dacht ik ook op redelijk niveau. En volgens mij was er op JGT ook een Japans meisje die mee deed. Kweet et niet zeker though.

Down A

Smash Journeyman
oke, ik smash al een tijd met een paar vrienden maar pas recent deze site ontdekt. Ik vroeg me af of er ook maar iets bekend is over een eventueel toernooi dat georganiseerd word door iemand ergens in nederland?

Down A

Smash Journeyman
oke, dus daar zijn al plannen voor? :)
mooi, in dat geval.....
Wanneer?
Door wie?
Waar?
hoeveel man?
etc ;)

Ik kom dan (HOOGSTwaarschijnlijk met een paar vrienden van me) in ieder geval dus als er ook maar iets bekend is dan laat je het maar weten.....

EasyPaulupinopoelos

Smash Rookie
He,
ik ben ook net nieuw hier en ik speel al jaren Smash Brothers, maar nooit toernooien ofzo. Ik dacht naar aanleiding van de progamma op MTV " Real Life of a gamer" ik zal eens op het welbekende wereldwijde web gaan kijken of er ergens in NL nog toernooitjes worden georganiseerd, maar ik kan niet echt een datum vinden ofzo, dus net als Down A ben ik erg benieuwd!!
Ow en waar ik trouwens ook wel benieuwd naar ben is hoe er op zo'n toernooitje wordt gespeeld. je kan natuurlijk honderden combi's verzinnen. kan iemand dat mij vertellen of mss staat het al ergens maar ik ben nog niet helemaal thuis op dit forum!

Oja Donkey is mijn favoriet dus ik speel veel met hem, maar velen zullen hem wel een slome aap vinden. ik vind hem heersend. Verder kan ik met de meeste figuren wel overweg.

gegroet

shoe

Smash Ace
Geen items 4 stock,
op random staan een aantal neutrale stages, meestal battlefield, final destination, dreamland 64, fountain of dreams, dat yoshi level met 3 normale platforms en pokemon stadium.

Eerste match is random stage tenzij beide spelers het eens zijn (vaak word er dan op final destination gespeeld).

Als de eerste match gespeeld word mag de verliezer counterpicken, hij kan dan besluiten om van character te veranderen en ook van stage.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
En de opbouw is verschillend. Bijvoorbeeld pouls, beste 2/3/4 gaan door en dan double elimination of meteen in 1 keer double elimination. Dat houdt in gewoon knock-out systeem, maar dan lig jue er pas uit bij 2 keer verliezen :)
Swiss rounds kan ook nog, maar da ga ik niet uitleggen want dan gebeurt maar zelden :p

Down A

Smash Journeyman
Dank je voor de link, waarschijnlijk februari al en dat is mooi.

Ik kom dan ook wel en dan kan ik eindelijk zien hoe goed ik nou echt ben

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
wat zijn eigelijk de regels en plaats etc? iedereenheeft het over die tiers dus kan er geen touw aan vast knopen :p
na etten-leur en een stukje rotterdam, wil ik es kijken of ik op zo'n groot toernooi ook zo goed ben ;)

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Sorry to burst in this topic, I just wanted to let you know that this summer I will be visiting Amsterdam for some days with a couple of friends, some of whom also play smash. Anyway, if anyone lives in or around Amsterdam, maybe we could get together then. I'd love to play some Europeans. I'm the only one going on the trip who is really any good, oh and I play the ICs by the way, and to a lesser extent Falco and Roy.

Oh man, I am excited to go there.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
I kinda remember vaguely some videos that might have been of Nihonjin... does he main Sheik? If it's who I'm thinking of, the dude is **** scary with Sheik. I'm going to have to start an intensive training regimen.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Still looking for cheap ways to get to the tourney. How did you guys get to my tourney? Somethiung about flying from Brussels and taking the train there. Is it cheap? How much does the train cost? How many hours does it take? Where can I check the time tables?

Who wants pie?

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
PopeOfChiliTown said:
I kinda remember vaguely some videos that might have been of Nihonjin... does he main Sheik? If it's who I'm thinking of, the dude is **** scary with Sheik. I'm going to have to start an intensive training regimen.
Haha I'm not THAT good :laugh:
Anyway, if you're seriously planning to come to amsterdam this summer you might aswell add me to msn so we can get to know eachother ^_^ (Amsah_topp@hotmail.com).
Then again, I'm most likely going to the states this summer, so I might not even be in amsterdam when you're here >_<

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning a road trip through Europe this summer with 3 of my friends. One of our stops is in Amsterdam and since we are such greedy *******s, I was wondering if one of you guys could house us that one night? I would be around 20 june.

Anyone interested? :D

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I'm like...the only guy living in amsterdam (atleast on these boards...I think), but I have no idea if I'm able to house anyone during that period.

1) I might not be there
2) My sisters upcoming extremly big birthday (she's turning 18, 22 june)
3) My parents might not allow it if its for a large period of time...housing 3 people in my tiny home is abit.....messed up (unlike you rich swedish mother ****ers (Yuna, Helios...and all you other swedes with your lagom big house) I've got a small home and its pretty darn full already.

None the less, I'll see what I can do ok...I might house 1 of you and one at my grandmothers place...and one at my cousin (Grandmother lives in the same street, 30 seconds away) cousin (fellow smasher) lives 60 seconds away....so its not that bad.
Anyway, I'll see what I can do..k ^_^

Osxcar

Smash Journeyman
Nihonjin: If it's that much trouble just leave it. We will just sleep in some cheap motel. :)

You can show us around if you want to though. ;P

Edit: It is only one night. But this is during the summer, so there is a lot of time until we leave. I'm not even sure I will have enough money to be able to travel. I'm not helios you know...

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Its less trouble than I might make it seem...its just that alot of stuff's happening during that time ^_^
I'll check for you anyway, your a friend of mine for crying out loud, trouble or not I'll try my best ^^

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hello everyone :) I am Shaz :D
I hope some of you guys go to US later in the year, it'd be great to see you all but europe is just oo expensive to get too :O
Keep improving so we can represent PAL well before the next generation kicks in at its fullest :)

Kone

Smash Master
Oi oi amsah. Me and Jam maybe coming to ATM3. However, our flight doesn't get to amsterdam till late at night :/ . Anychance you could house us for a night onthe wednesday?

I maybe driving around europe in august aswell =p. thats if I don't go to OC2 aswell as FC3 though =p

wtf @ romania LOL

SuperBas

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm from Rijswijk (near The Hague), and was wondering if there are any other smashers near me? I'm still a beginner, so I probably won't offer too much resistance. I am learning fast though.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
SuperBas said:
Hi, I'm from Rijswijk (near The Hague), and was wondering if there are any other smashers near me? I'm still a beginner, so I probably won't offer too much resistance. I am learning fast though.
W00t, this is too good. First, I found out someone lived in Rhoon (Johnnyboy, and Rhoon is where I live) who plays smash advanced. Next I found out that my aunt lives 4 streets away from MrSilver and Guido. And now there's someone in Rijswijk, where my grandma lives O_O
maybe I could visit you sometime XD, I'll learn you to play smash advanced.

LOL!

I'm too lucky sometimes

SuperBas

Smash Rookie
I'm still trying to get the hang of wavedashing, but if I learn all the advanced moves, I'll be sure to join any Dutch tournaments that are closeby.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
He REALLY should edit it into the 1st post that he can only house people from Friday 16.00 ti Monday 10.00 or so.

And that people have to LEAVE the tourney between Saturday and Sunday, either going home or being housed. I'm sure lots of Dutchies haven't figured this out on their own, because, really, who expects housing arrangements to be this stupid?

Top Bottom