• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The dumbest thing happened to me.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
So I was doing some Basic Brawls. Eventually I get up to a guy who keeps picking Temple. During our first couple of fights on Temple, I won. The guy switches to Wario, and starts going after me. That's normal. I keep winning, though.

Then two Yoshis show up. After a couple more fights (which I win the majority of), the guy switches to Yoshi. He reaches some kind of unspoken agreement with one of the other Yoshi, and the dumbest thing happens.

The other Yoshi jabs (kicks) the guy, who proceeds to kill himself, giving the other Yoshi a point.
He does this at least 5 times. That's how badly this guy wanted me to lose. And it worked. Multiple times. I quit after the fifth match I lost.

Anybody else experience something like this? Doesn't have to be exactly this, but anything mind-numbingly ******** online that made you lose.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
I had this moron that only won because He kept KOing a Falco who wasn't at their controller in 3P matches.

I was really happy when the Falco came back after a Ganondorf joined and the dimwitted Diddy (alliteration FTW!) started coming in last :chuckle:

Peck

Smash Apprentice
Well I did something like this.
Yes the other 3 players on team battle kept choosing the Temple.
Yes one player kept self destructing-but that player was on the other team.
Also, I think I was the only one who wasn't taunting repeatedly.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I see another Pink clad Captain Falcon in With Anyone I usually challenge him to a PAWNCH match and just ignore the others. Other than this, I don't normally expierence people making pacts that would consequently make me lose.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yeh ness and lucas team. but i was lucas so starting hittin em right before they died.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Uhh yeah. I was Fox in one match, 3 people. Cpt. Falcon and Ganondorf. Just got in, Cpt. Falcon automatically starts taunting and whatnot. Ganondorf and Me are the only ones fighting, then Falcon comes in and goes after ME as well. Ganondorf didn't even touch Falcon, so pretty much they doubled team against me. After that match, a 4th player came in to cool things down. People are just crazy.

Chibi-pika

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere in the desert, where cactus grow, and it
I had this ffa with random people online and this wolf character goes onto the edge of the stage and does nothing, whenever i hit him, he just counters and goes to the other side of the stage. He never dies and if he's lucky he'll get a kill or two. I can't get him also cause the people focus on me too much

D

Deleted member

This Pika/G&W team were on opposite teams when the Pika started doing thunders into the G&W bucket and then the G&W started using the bucket to kill me! I was also playing G&W and told my brother to be Pika and we did the same thing and they quit! Seriously, I do the same thing they did and they got mad at me!

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
I was online with a friend and we were doing attempting to do some doubles with people we found on the FC finder thing and we encountered a toon link and jiggs team.

We werent sure how good they were, obviously, but werent surprised at all when we saw that all the jiggs did was fsmash across the stage and all the TL did was boomerang and fsmash... It was actually really annoying because we walked into so many **** fsmashes if someone saw us playing they would have thougt we were functionally ********....

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
There was a time like that months ago. I was Snake. After winning a few matches, this red Zelda player appears and sets the items on very frantic and basically ran from item to item to win. I was second Next match, the game chose my settings and turned off all items on SMI. I dominated. Zelda was last. Next Match, we are on the Pirate Ship board. There were only Blast Boxes set on high. That Zelda player went to the left and spammed Din's fire to blow up the boxes and stole ALL of my KOs. On top of that, the Zelda player kept falling in the water which made ger hard to hit. That Zelda player won and left.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
this hasent happend to me yet!

But i think it has somting to do with people standing there taunting. There like saying, "team with me"!

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
THis just happened to my brother on Basic Brawl

He was using Ike, and when he got on, there's a Ness, Lucas and Samus. Ness & Lucas started to crouch spam and proceed to do pretty much nothing. Shortly afterwards Samus started doodling and then Ike joined in. It was a crouch/doodle parade. It ended in a 4 way sudden death.

Loyal2NES

Smash Rookie
Whenever I see another Pink clad Captain Falcon in With Anyone I usually challenge him to a PAWNCH match and just ignore the others. Other than this, I don't normally expierence people making pacts that would consequently make me lose.
Same. Also goes for Ganondittos. ESPECIALLY Ganondittos.

There was a time like that months ago. I was Snake. After winning a few matches, this red Zelda player appears and sets the items on very frantic and basically ran from item to item to win. I was second Next match, the game chose my settings and turned off all items on SMI. I dominated. Zelda was last. Next Match, we are on the Pirate Ship board. There were only Blast Boxes set on high. That Zelda player went to the left and spammed Din's fire to blow up the boxes and stole ALL of my KOs. On top of that, the Zelda player kept falling in the water which made ger hard to hit. That Zelda player won and left.
I had this one guy on friend-code WiFi. We were fighting, me as Wario, him as someone else. I won. Then he sets Sandbags on Medium, picks Wolf, and goes AFK. I use the time to get stickers and such. Eventually he comes back, and I'm not sure if he's ALSO going for the sandbags or just trying to hit me and failing miserably, but eventually I won because I was still going after the sandbags and he keeps running into my DAir spam.

Then he picks Ike on Spear Pillar, Sandbags on Medium, and camps the bottom part. He's near-impossible to approach down there, and I can't stay up top due to Aether's mechanics. I throw the match in disgust.

FINALLY, he keeps Sandbags (possibly bombs as well, I don't remember) on HIGH, picks Marth, and goes on Halberd. The items keep gimping my Bite (I'm still Wario, remember) and my attacks (due to the freeze-frame slowdown that comes with hitting things). Eventually I win ANYWAY because he wasn't worth much for skill, but by that point I was just bloody fed up with it.

If you or any of your friends are like this, here's a message: it's Wifi. If you're not going to win, do you have to disgrace yourselves by rigging the matches in your favor? Grow up!

But i think it has somting to do with people standing there taunting. There like saying, "team with me"!
Nope. We're standing there, waiting for a tauntbuddy. And waiting. And waiting.

Sometimes we get other people to taunt with. It's all good.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Happened to me once, I wonder how they form a bond without speaking...
Easy, one person does something, then the other person catches on.

Like in a friend wifi match today, just recently in fact, I was playing a 2v2, so I wasn't at my computer. PhazonHunter was my ally and both of us were Lucarios. when he would charge an Aura Sphere, I would go up to him and charge mine back to back with him. As a result, he caught on and we started forming Lucario Blackholes whenever possible for the rest of the applicable matches (that is, I think he changed character if memory serves).

Top Bottom