• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dragon's Den: Official Dragonite Support Thread

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
Singular or not, there's still a variety of Pokemon coming out. And if you have the ability to say, "Oh, there's a Snorlax, there's an Entei", then I think you also have the ability to fairly say that Pokemon has been represented fairly.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
haha, you said he's not bigg..

who remembers that one epiosode of pokemon, the really old ones, where ash goes to the lighthouse, and some HUGE pokemon comes from the ocean? i thought that was a dragonite.......

sorry for the unhelping post!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Puffball64 said:
It'd be interesting to see how he would play, but there are much more deserving Pokemon before him.

Also, I think the Pokedex in R/B/Y/G did consider him a Legendary Pokemon didn't it?

Also, I'm unsure about the moveset you gave there in your post. It seemed like you just took moves from all the other characters and added them here. His throws sounds very similar to Fox's Throw Down, Kirby's Throw Up, and Mewtwo's Forward Throw.

The Pokemon that I can think of off the top of my head that are more deserving are:

Meowth
Deoxys
Lucario

Simply because of their demand.

Also, yes, Lance was the champion in G/S/C, but he didn't have the radience that Red has when you battle him.

Just throwing this question out there, is Red the strongest trainer you ever battle, excluding the Battle Tower?
I doubt Lucario would make it in. I could see Deoxsis or Meowth.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
albert, i dont think i care about ur opinion. u r a pokemon hater obviously and mike, ye that was a dragonite, the first dragonite on the anime. that wasnt a dragonites real size, it was a much larger one. if u dont believe me go to wiki, it says so there

and pokemon like charizard could still get in the game as characters, they would just have to replace the side to side flamethrower pokeball pokemon with another pokemon, and there are plenty of pokemon that can do that. they could even make blastoise a character if they wanted

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
You miss the point of my entire argument, Oni, and therefore, I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to a thick-headed pissant like yourself.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
No.

I kid, I kid. Dragonite's one of my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to see him in Brawl, but I doubt it.

Uh...snotty Albert kid: I see where you're trying to go with Pokemon, but if you look at Brawl your way without a bias towards hating Pokemon, you'd be saying NO more franchises need to be represented in Brawl, which is a load of Bullhonkey, and therefore making your argument poop.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Obviously, you put lot of effort and thought into this, and that alone deserves recognition :)

I too want an obscure Pokemon with above average chances: Poliwhirl.

I would be ridiculousy suprised if Dragonite made it in Brawl, but he IS a Legendary Pokemon, a well advertised one, and one of the most powerful. I'm sorry to say, but I think Poliwhirl has better chances :devil:, but that's just because he's Satoshi's favorite Pokemon :p

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
TIME: Are the Pokemon names related to those insects?
Tajiri: Yeah. Like Nyoromo [Poliwhirl in the U.S.]. It looks like a tadpole. There's little whirls on it because I remembered that when you pick up a tadpole, you can see its intestines because it's transparent.

where did he say poliwhirl was his favourite pokemon? iv searched the net for any proof but this is all there is. an example of a pokemon being similar to a real life animal. it doesnt prove poliwhirl is his favourite pokemon.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=is+Poliwhirl+Satoshi+Tajiri's+favourite+

Link's 1 and 2 both have Satoshoi explain about Nyoromo (Poliwhirl) to tadpoles, 3 - 5 all say that Poliwhirl is his favorite Pokemon.

Of course, you don't know what to believe on the internet, but I'm hopefull in this case :p

ON TOPPIC: Dragonite would make an awesome charcter. You should try to incorporate Dragon-Type moves into his moveset. I think Twister is, but I'm not sure O.o

EDIT: TO DOKTURSEA, Bulllhonkey? WTF???

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
links 3 and 5 are just random people posting on the serebii forums that wont load for me. everyone is saying poliwhirl is his fave pokemon but i dont believe it. theres no proof from what i can see.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/dragon.shtml
as you can see there is currently only 6 dragon type attacks (including twister) and i have included 3 of them. dragonite doesnt learn dragon breath by level and dragon rage is close enough. dragon dance, i dont know what that looks like he he doesnt learn it by level. and outrage. i dont think it is a specific move but auctually some sort of mood change for dragonite. although in the move animation it has dragonite surrounded by fire balls and sending them outwards, so the exploding fire ball part in dragon rage is close enough. and you know that other move meteoric swarm? what is with that? it doesnt say what pokemon learns it or anything.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
I don't really like Dragonite, and no, i'm not trying to start an arguement, I just want Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur in the game, or maybe their third forms,and for their special smash combo moves, they could know Hydrocannon,Blast Burn, and Frenzyplant

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Luigi+Roy+C.F.+Falco=Domination said:
I don't really like Dragonite, and no, i'm not trying to start an arguement, I just want Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur in the game, or maybe their third forms,and for their special smash combo moves, they could know Hydrocannon,Blast Burn, and Frenzyplant
the 3rd gen starters stand a better chance cause they are way more popular and humanoidish and unique. but i would rather hav feraligatr. but no starters are gonna be characters anyway...

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I think dragonite would be a great addition, when I still liked pokemon, he was one of my favourites. Im getting tired of all these pokemon threads, but if they have to add one more I hope its dragonite

Black/Light

Smash Master
FiErCe_oNi said:
the 3rd gen starters stand a better chance cause they are way more popular and humanoidish and unique. but i would rather hav feraligatr. but no starters are gonna be characters anyway...

. . . Do I really have to say that you don't know if any starters will get in? Like Blaziken has a great chance seeing that it's a clear cut fav, main pokemon of the manga and has a HUGE fan-base.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Albert Anastasia doesn't know crap. He's just another hater, also one who cusses frequently, so just disregard him.

the iron peach

Smash Apprentice
IMO, Dragonite would be a good addition. I believe that the pokemon series deserves a new char (2 if pichu is removed), and Dragonite would make a lot of sense, since he was Lance's strongest pokemon in the 1st and 2nd generations, and he was almost like a final boss.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
omfg i have that dragonite figurine

I never thought of Dragonite as SSBB matirial, but good job on the move set. Dragonite looks awesome in those pictures :D

and poliwhirl rocks my socks

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
Yes, he wouold be better as a fighter than popping out of a pokeball and breathing very short range fire...=P Thumbs up

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Hmmmm. Maybe as a pokemon that comes out the ball, but you made a convincing argument about his moveset.

And please, no pokemon from ruby and sapphire, they were what made the series crash and burn and other painfully disturbing situations.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I dont want to see dragonite in brawl. If anymore pokemon are in brawl it should be one from the pokemon games that arnt out yet. I think its Pearl and Dimond.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
The Basement Dweller said:
No and they should get rid of Mewtwo.
Why is that? He may be bad in Melee, but he is an original character. He is also the only pokemon to have ever killed a human, thus making him the "villain" of the franchise?

Once again, Basement Dweller and zombie post right after one another. They also have identical opinions. Hmmm....

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Doggalina said:
Why is that? He may be bad in Melee, but he is an original character. He is also the only pokemon to have ever killed a human, thus making him the "villain" of the franchise?

Once again, Basement Dweller and zombie post right after one another. They also have identical opinions. Hmmm....
I am just not a fan of Mewtwo and I don't want to see any more pokemon in Brawl not even the ones not released yet and as for the identical opinions everyone has a right to ther own opinion so if anyone else agrees with us are you going to criticize them aswell?

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Whats that supposed to mean. We are both online at the same time. Dragonite is a great pokemon but not a pokemon that should be put in a fighting game.

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
When I first looked at this I gotta say this sounded like the most ridiculous idea for a char. but after reading everything I can say that this is a very solid char. idea and I would def. check him out and mad props to FiErCe oNi for thinkin things through.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
zuloon said:
I hope that was a joke.
Of course it wasn't a joke. You fail.

The Basement Dweller said:
No and they should get rid of Mewtwo.
Two failures in a row! Incredible.

"Mewtwo's low on the tier list, cut him out of the game!"

Mewtwo's one of the best characters that Smash has. Not gameplay-wise in Melee, but character-wise, he definitely one of the most interesting. Mewtwo does not need to be cut.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
zombie7775 said:
Whats that supposed to mean. We are both online at the same time. Dragonite is a great pokemon but not a pokemon that should be put in a fighting game.
well i guess it shouldnt be in any pokemon games unless you dont consider pokemon battles fights. why is pichu a better choice over dragonite as a fighter?

Top Bottom