• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Doraki

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching a lot of Jeapie videos recently (If you haven't seen him, do it now. Officially my favorite Falcon, sorry Hax). His use of walls is amazing, and what I've noticed is that he's the only high level Falcon I ever see use Doraki. Why isn't this used more? At the very least you can get off the ledge with it, either with a quick double jump that can be coupled with any aerial you want, or recover high without using Falcon's horrendous up-b. I feel like it should be explored more, especially considering Falcon's inability to really do anything off the ledge besides different uair timings, which can easily be shielded.

D

Deleted member

I don't know how to use it, I do it a lot on accident on Dreamland so I do a reverse n-air that looks really sick

If you enlighten me on how to use it though I'll try using it out haha

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how to use it, I do it a lot on accident on Dreamland so I do a reverse n-air that looks really sick

If you enlighten me on how to use it though I'll try using it out haha
Holy ****, a chance to teach S2J? I'm taking it.

Basically the way I've been doing it has been to do a quick tap back on the c-stick while DI-ing into the stage. The instant you drop off smash away on the analog and you wall jump. After about 30 minutes of practice I got something like 50% success on both sides. If you're not quick enough with c-stick you'll bair and probably die thanks to the c-stick's auto-inputs.

Actually I had a bit of a problem where I couldn't stop myself from automatically up-bing after it because I was so used to having to up-b after a walljump XD

It looks SO SMOOTH and it feels awesome to actually have a jump after a walljump. Scar jump challenge is easy as hell with it, too.

D

Deleted member

thanks, that's actually very simple but probably is harder in practice

i'll try to implement it in my gameplay. As stated earlier I do it on dreamland on accident a lot and do doraki n-airs and people **** brix every time

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
thanks, that's actually very simple but probably is harder in practice

i'll try to implement it in my gameplay. As stated earlier I do it on dreamland on accident a lot and do doraki n-airs and people **** brix every time
When I was practicing it today, I did doraki -> dj uair onto stage -> Moonwalk across Yoshis -> Grab Ledge -> Doraki -> Scar Jump every aerial (Except Nair) -> Doublejump -> Scarjump 3 knees.

I literally had to sit down it looked so cool. Is this the secret to being good at Falcon?

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I've been trying it lately but I haven't been very successful. I'd imagine that it would be a great boost of creativity for Falcon players. I'll try and practice that and implement it and see how it goes. Would love to see Falcons be real creative with it.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
this is one of the earliest things i learned to do with falcon. it's not terribly useful imo. i do it the same way as snips.

edit: also, if i haven't tried to do it in a while, i tend to **** up and do the back air.

Windrose

Smash Lord
i recall reading scar telling someone if they wish to avoid getting a bair out of the c-stick. just try to bair with the c stick...this might sound confusing but i took that advice too and i never baired with the cstick when trying to fall of the ledge quickly while holding in on the control stick to allow for doraki or scar jumps.

GawdImFoxy

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking the Doraki instant walljump was when Fox is on the ledge, tapping away while holding onto the ledge, and automatically walljump as if he wasn't on the ledge. On FD. Falcon does have some walljump tricks like the dash attack->auto walljump and Scar jumping. Which one are we talking about here?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Yea, the doraki instant walljump is just that, instant. You can do it on hyrule on the ledge in the middle of the stage, the mountain on pokemon stadium, final, and dreamland.

It has something to do with how the game registers if you're against the wall or not. You can set it up with fox by dropping and jumping into the stage. So that you hug the stage on your way up. If you grab the ledge at the top of your jump (as opposed to jumping to high and falling to it) all you have to do is hit away on the control stick and he will walljump.

It doesn't work with falcon for some weird reason. But there is a way to set it up. I just don't know how.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I was doing it on the mountain on PS recenty, though I was using the cstick to do the jump rather than falling off the ledge. Just hit away and c stick away almost immediately after.

:phone:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Just dropping in to say I have always wanted to play Falcon.

Nothing is more satisfying than knowing that after that dair, that ***** is getting the knee of justice.

Top Bottom