• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I was looking forward to the trailier and am pretty bummed there wasn't one. At least, I was until Mewtwo was revealed, at which point, I forgot all about it. Thinking about it now though, I wonder why it was excluded when it was so obviously hinted at.
I'm shocked Duck Hunt wasn't revealed first, considering they were teasing him on the official Facebook page.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
dang. why'd you use photobucket
Because I'm cheap and not computer-savvy enough. The pictures I made with MS Paint and saved at PhotoBucket served their purpose... get Sakurai's attention, plant the idea in Sakurai's mind, stimulate Sakurai's imagination... so Sakurai would make Duck Hunt Dog happen. :4duckhunt:

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Because I'm cheap and not computer-savvy enough. The pictures I made with MS Paint and saved at PhotoBucket served their purpose... get Sakurai's attention, plant the idea in Sakurai's mind, stimulate Sakurai's imagination... so Sakurai would make Duck Hunt Dog happen. :4duckhunt:
You should use postimg.org or imgur, they're much better. Imgur is the popular one but due to being popular, some people's school internets block it. Alternatively you can use imageshack or img.ie as well.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
This is a very long-winded theory about the Duck Hunt trailer, so I've marked it in the spoiler section below. Be warned, though: it's wordy.

I have a bit of a theory regarding why we haven't seen the Duck Hunt reveal yet.

Looking back at the POTD teasing the reveal I noticed something:
The image on the screen is showing gameplay! Thinking back to every other trailer, the only time gameplay was shown before a fighter's tagline was Wii Fit Trainer's. This more than likely means Duck Hunt's tagline was already shown. This would also explain why actual gameplay is shown, and why DH's colors aren't subdued. That brings up a question, though: Why not show us the trailer? It may be for a similar reason Bowser Jr.'s wasn't shown, meaning there is something here we haven't seen. Think about this POTD and what Sakurai said. He specifically pointed out the NES Zapper. Since this portion of the trailer is after Duck Hunt's tagline, why would we be shown an NES accessory? Why point it out? Perhaps it's because Duck Hunt isn't the only fighter in the video!
I've heard people joke about the person holding the Zapper being Captain N, but that wouldn't make sense considering 1. Captain N didn't originate from a video game and 2. He never appeared in a video game on a Nintendo console. HOWEVER, there is a fighter that does not fulfill the first rule that is a fighter:
upload_2014-10-30_21-29-57.jpeg

R.O.B. here started life as an NES accessory, not in a video game. He also fulfills the second rule because of his appearance in Mario Kart DS a few years before Brawl. It was his strong connection to Nintendo and its history that allowed him to circumvent the first rule, being the Trojan Horse for the NES and whatnot. Why is this relevant? Think back to what Sakurai pointed out in the POTD: the NES Zapper. An NES accessory, and a fondly remembered one at that. This means that whomever is holding that Zapper has strong ties to Nintendo and its history. This also means that character has to have been in a game on a Nintendo console at some point, and they would have to be notable for their connections to Nintendo. Believe it or not, there is a character that fits the bill, and they can loophole their way through rule 1 in the same way R.O.B. can. He plays with power like no other fighter has. You might even say he's playing with NINTENDO POWER!

Believe it or not, Nester fits the bill. He had a game on the Virtual Boy, and he is THE Nintendo fan, fictional or not. Plus, he would represent Nintendo Power, the most well know source of Nintendo game info before the advent of the Internet, and even up until it bit the dust. He's in the same boat as R.O.B. in that he carries a lot of weight with Nintendo, so perhaps he has finally gotten his shot to smash with his favorite all-stars!
Remember, this is just speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This is a very long-winded theory about the Duck Hunt trailer, so I've marked it in the spoiler section below. Be warned, though: it's wordy.

I have a bit of a theory regarding why we haven't seen the Duck Hunt reveal yet.

The image on the screen is showing gameplay! Thinking back to every other trailer, the only time gameplay was shown before a fighter's tagline was Wii Fit Trainer's. This more than likely means Duck Hunt's tagline was already shown. This would also explain why actual gameplay is shown, and why DH's colors aren't subdued. That brings up a question, though: Why not show us the trailer? It may be for a similar reason Bowser Jr.'s wasn't shown, meaning there is something here we haven't seen. Think about this POTD and what Sakurai said. He specifically pointed out the NES Zapper. Since this portion of the trailer is after Duck Hunt's tagline, why would we be shown an NES accessory? Why point it out? Perhaps it's because Duck Hunt isn't the only fighter in the video!
I've heard people joke about the person holding the Zapper being Captain N, but that wouldn't make sense considering 1. Captain N didn't originate from a video game and 2. He never appeared in a video game on a Nintendo console. HOWEVER, there is a fighter that does not fulfill the first rule that is a fighter:
View attachment 28684
R.O.B. here started life as an NES accessory, not in a video game. He also fulfills the second rule because of his appearance in Mario Kart DS a few years before Brawl. It was his strong connection to Nintendo and its history that allowed him to circumvent the first rule, being the Trojan Horse for the NES and whatnot. Why is this relevant? Think back to what Sakurai pointed out in the POTD: the NES Zapper. An NES accessory, and a fondly remembered one at that. This means that whomever is holding that Zapper has strong ties to Nintendo and its history. This also means that character has to have been in a game on a Nintendo console at some point, and they would have to be notable for their connections to Nintendo. Believe it or not, there is a character that fits the bill, and they can loophole their way through rule 1 in the same way R.O.B. can. He plays with power like no other fighter has. You might even say he's playing with NINTENDO POWER!

Believe it or not, Nester fits the bill. He had a game on the Virtual Boy, and he is THE Nintendo fan, fictional or not. Plus, he would represent Nintendo Power, the most well know source of Nintendo game info before the advent of the Internet, and even up until it bit the dust. He's in the same boat as R.O.B. in that he carries a lot of weight with Nintendo, so perhaps he has finally gotten his shot to smash with his favorite all-stars!
Oh............my.............God...... This is it! My God, dude! (or dudette!:lol:) Ever since this PotD was shown, you have literally NO idea how much I've also had the theory that the person holding the NES Zapper was Nester! He totally fits the bill! Think about it, why would Sakurai need to also show us that the Zapper is even being used at all? And who is holding it? Captain N is, well, a bit more obscure than Nester, so I don't think Sakurai would make a reference like that, probably not even NoA themselves would make such a reference, so Nester has to be the one holding, at least! I at least hope it is him so he can have a BIG role in Duck Hunt's trailer AND playstyle. Heck, if Nintendo announces Nester as playable DLC....... OH MAH GAWD......>>>>>))))))))))))))

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

View attachment 28684

Thats not bad

But the other side of it is

Its more likely that theres a unseen stage in that trailer (the duck hunt dogs home stage.)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Guys, I have to admit though, in all seriousness, I personally REALLY do think Nester might have a role in all of this. Call me crazy, but Nester just feels so........right on the money........I'd actually hope for Nester DLC if that is him, and think about it, why mention the NES Zapper as well? He could have talked about it AFTER the reveal, and what's more, why talk about it at all? It's not like we're going to see it in gameplay anyway. Unless, there's something Sakurai is keeping from us......:smirk:

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF

Thats not bad

But the other side of it is

Its more likely that theres a unseen stage in that trailer (the duck hunt dogs home stage.)
Why not both?
Guys, I have to admit though, in all seriousness, I personally REALLY do think Nester might have a role in all of this. Call me crazy, but Nester just feels so........right on the money........I'd actually hope for Nester DLC if that is him, and think about it, why mention the NES Zapper as well? He could have talked about it AFTER the reveal, and what's more, why talk about it at all? It's not like we're going to see it in gameplay anyway. Unless, there's something Sakurai is keeping from us......:smirk:
That's what I was thinking. Hopefully we're right on the mark :troll:.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

View attachment 28684

A friend of mine and I said it was Dixie's hand and she's aiming at Diddy because she's mad at him XD

My Username Was Taken

Smash Rookie
NNID
EcclesMan
3DS FC
3903-7912-3124
So @ Arcadenik Arcadenik asked me to repost this here from the Stage Idea Thread, and I'm happy to oblige.
(I apologize for my art skills)

Here's a stage for Duck Hunt. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Shooting Range!

You can walk right through the branches of the trees, but the leaves are platforms. The bush is also a platform, but you can't walk through that.
And every now and then....

...a Hunter will shoot randomly at the fighters! Maybe some ducks or clay pigeons could fly up too, but that'd just be cosmetic.

Man, it's really hard to think of ideas for a Duck Hunt stage.
Hope you guys like it!:4duckhunt:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
-Duck Hunt <Duo> take a bow-wow!
-Duck Hunt <Duo> ruffs your feathers!
-Duck Hunt <Duo> zaps the game!
-Duck Hunt <Duo> takes a quack at things!
-Duck Hunt <Duo> bills you for damage!

Spirst

-Duck Hunt <Duo> take a bow-wow!
-Duck Hunt <Duo> ruffs your feathers!
-Duck Hunt <Duo> zaps the game!
-Duck Hunt <Duo> takes a quack at things!
-Duck Hunt <Duo> bills you for damage!
Obligatory "Duck Hunt <Duo> laughs at the competition!"

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I was over in the social thread and saw that a Direct is coming tomorrow at 2 p.m. (Pacific time). Could that be when we get our own trailer?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Duck Hunt ruffs up the competition!
Duck Hunt is quacking up! (laughing pose)
It's Duck Hunt! Duck for cover!
Seeing as it's potentially our last chance to do this for a while, I wanted to get in on the fun. But yeah Duck Hunt tomorrow, cool~ Just wonder if we'll see something in that trailer we couldn't before? Maybe just a Duck Hunt stage or maybe something more?

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Well, beyond any potentially-unannounced stages and not-actually-a-spoiler things like menus, DH Duo being playables might literally the very last spoiler for the Wii U version not covered by the main site or 51 Fact Direct. <For the record, the Miiverse post about it shouldn't count since Duo was explicitly censored to protect the spoilerific surprise of them.> As far as what the trailer will provide info-wise for the game itself, there really isn't anything to show but how Duo's models and attacks look in HD and a hypothetical Duck Hunt stage.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
:idea:

I got it

If sakurai tweets the direct on his twitter page bingo

He always tweets directs if theres a trailer for his games on it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Duck Hunt Has their Day!
Duck Hunt Locks and Loads!
Duck Hunt Yuck it up!
Duck Hunt Takes Aim!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Whos hyped for 2:00pm PT (Pacific time)

And here one reason we have a rumor leak from german Of whats in it

Google Translate Says;

• Duck Hunt Trailer for Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS is shown + Smash Wii U Demo will appear next Thursday (November 13) in the Wii U eshop!
  • Shovel Knight is available immediately after the Direct in the Nintendo eShop!
  • New trailer for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker + Announcement of Captain Toad + Captain Toadette Amiibo
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 will be released on November 13 along with a free update for amiibo-support and lap times (falling on the race) fits! New tracks are shown: 3DS Shy Guy Bazaar, DS fungus ball (I'm a blank on this one), Hyrule Castle and more!
  • NES Remix Pack will be released on December 5 in Europe!
  • Project Zero 5 is localized and Appears at 12th December in Europe!
  • New trailer for Yoshi's Woolly World + Amiibo + Info is excluded Release Date: February 2015
  • New trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles X: Japan Release: Early 2015, EU / NA Release: 2015 + Amiibo Support
  • Splatoon, Further details will be announced in the coming months Release Date: First half of 2015
  • Trailer for the second HW DLC; Release Date: November 20
  • Erwähnung (???) of WATCH_DOGS, Sonic Boom, Persona Q and Lego Batman 3
  • New trailer for Codename S.T.E.A.M., Releases in Early 2015 in Europe
  • DLCs for DKC: TF; Every month a new pack Until April 2015 + software update with Miiverse Stamps
  • The Gamecube controller will also support multiple games, but a software update is needed for it
  • New Wii U firmware update will appear later this month: support of up to seven Wii Remotes / Pro Controller, Pre-Load for the eshop and background colors for the Wii U menu!
  • New eshop game: polarium HD Appears Directly after the presentation
  • New trailer for Pokemon OR / AS and NES Ultimate Remix: contents unknown .
  • Another big game for Wii U in 2015, the Nintendo Employees End of month but did not know
  • Nintendo confirmed Increased cooperation with third parties. So to 2015, more Thrid Party appear title for the Wii U.
  • N64 games will come early next year on the Wii U VC
  • Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe launch on 20 November in the 3DS eshop.
  • Rustys Real Deal Baseball is located and Appears on 18 December in the 3DS eshop.
  • Duration the presentation: ~ 37 minutes
  • Both Iwata and Shibata be making at appearance.

Tried to make it more clear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom