• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Dog Opens a Can of Whoopass: Duck Hunt Social Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt Dog's final smash is clearly their most awesome feature. However, aside from this obvious winner, what do you all think is Duck Hunt's most hype inducing move?
For me it is the hogan's Alley can. It is just so unique and fitting, I'll use the crap out of it.
Hmmm... well, I predicted Up+B and Side+B and Smashes where the hunter shoots around the dog and duck team and that Banjo-Kazooie rat-a-tat rap move. I'm not too hyped for Wild Gunman special move... it simply doesn't compare to the hype-worthy Final Smash. It was the most obvious winner like you said. :awesome:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I just noticed something pretty cool. The can's actually have Hogan's Alley written on them.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Can't wait to play as DHD! Mostly likely gonna be one of my mains

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Today was a great day.

I wanted to talk to people about Smash. THIS was all they wanted to talk about. "The dog? Seriously? That's amazing!" "Duck Hunt? With the light gun? SWEET!" "The duck's on his back? Next you'll be telling me they act like Banjo-Kazooie! ... WHAT?!?!"

Every single person was more or less "eh" for any other character. Duck Hunt Dog got people excited for it. I'm extremely happy with all of the moveset (minus the Gunman special, the FS is great though) and the best part is definitely the Banjo-Kazooie palette and feel for the two.

I'm honestly quite happy with this.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. never really had my support, but a constantly hovering Bowser Jr. in the Clown Copter and a Banjo-Kazooie-style Duck Hunt Dog with Duck seem like two of the coolest additions to the roster.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh my god seriously? Do you have a pic? That is awesome.
You know that video showing DHD's Final Smash, taunts, and moves in the moveset thread? Keep pausing it when DHD is about to throw a clay pigeon and you will see it.

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
Congrats on Duck Hunt Dog being confirmed.
There's just way to many characters I want to play as.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
You know that video showing DHD's Final Smash, taunts, and moves in the moveset thread? Keep pausing it when DHD is about to throw a clay pigeon and you will see it.
You are 100% right.
Awesome.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Congrats guys. While not a big DHD fan myself, I'm glad to see him. He looks very unique/quirky, will definitely try him out in Smash4!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Um... Why is his name Duck Hunt and not something correct like MR. Peepers or Mr Dr Peepers Washington LM Awesomeness Pewdiepie cheese school lunch Jones? (ok, maybe not that second one...
1. Mr. Peepers is non-canon.
2. It isn't just the dog, it is the duck and the hunter too.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Congrats guys! They look like an awkwardly awesome team! Can't help but feel like they need nicknames or something though. They look too expressive to just be "Dog and duck from Duck Hunt."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder if I could change out the gunman special for something else. Question is, what?
Oh yeah... DHD should have custom specials like everyone... wonder what they might be? Maybe another Up+B recovery where the hunter shoots at DHD to make him jump higher like Gumshoe?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
This game has two goddesses, a princess who we now know is the reincarnation of a goddess, and a tactician who was born to be a god's mortal vessel.

And then we have a dog and a duck. That latter pair could very well beat the former four 1 on 1.

Long live Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
This game has two goddesses, a princess who we now know is the reincarnation of a goddess, and a tactician who was born to be a god's mortal vessel.

And then we have a dog and a duck. That latter pair could very well beat the former four 1 on 1.

Long live Smash Bros.
You can't spell God without Dog.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'm glad he made it in I hope to see many Tournaments end with that laugh...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I cannot believe I didn't entertain this though prior to the leak. DHD is amazing. I look forward to playing him.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Been quietly supporting DHD for a few months now, even before the leaks. I'm glad he's in, he's a great addition.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Huh... So they went with the intro theme as the victory theme? That's not what I would have chosen, but okay, it's still good.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Huh... So they went with the intro theme as the victory theme? That's not what I would have chosen, but okay, it's still good.
Yeah, it's a little bit of a letdown that DHD's victory theme isn't his 8-bit laugh... oh well, I guess beggars cannot be choosers. I'm just happy that DHD is finally playable in Smash. That's all I've ever dreamed of for 12 years. It's even more awesome that the dog and duck team are channelling Banjo-Kazooie!

Top Bottom