• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The dGames Trading Card Game | Can you find them all?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm proud to finally announce the offial launch of the dGames TCG. From now on you can collect up to 100 different trading cards through playing mafia, trading with players or through other means. Can you find them all? Some cards are common, some are rare. Some are easy to find and others are well hidden and some can be obtained only by unlocking certain achievements. In any case, getting to have all 100 cards in your possession will take quite a bit of dedication - therefore, the player to first obtain all 100 cards will receive a reward! You can sign up in this thread any time you'd like to jump into the action!

* The Cards:

The goal of the dGames TCG is to have all 100 cards in your possession at the same time. Cards can be common, uncommon or rare and are divided into different editions and colors. Here is an overview of the cards that can be obtained:

[collapse="The Cards"]
Edition | Yellow | Black | Red | White | Blue
Legendary: | Tom | Evil Eye | Eor | Kirby King | frozenflame751
Ancient: | Circus | Gheb_01 | marshy | KevinM | Handorin
Special: | M3D | Overswarm | Xiivi | Mayling & McFox | Nich & SwordsRbroken
Extinct: | Ronike | DtJ Jungle | Macman | mentosman8 | Rockin
Mysterious: | karthik_king | HepAlien | Pierre The Scarecrow | Cello_Marl | Ignatius
Hydra: | FullMetalLynch | Moriarty | Radical Fiction | Axel | Chuckie
Powerhouse: | Washed Laundry | Kataefi | th3kuzinator | Swiss | Ryker
| vanderzant | J | Omni | Sworddancer | July
Friendly & Social: | BSL | Xonar | Sold2 | Asdioh | Acrostic
Short-lived: | Cacti | Riddle | Omis | TigerWoods | X1-12
| Tandora | smashman90 | Vult Redux | Meta-Kirby | John2k4
| Kirbyoshi | smargaret | §teel | T-block | Blue Yoshi
Regular: | Potassium | soup | Red Ryu | Rake. | Kary
| Nabe | Ranmaru | Rajam | Jdietz43 | dabuz
| ScaryLB59 | Gorf | Sokr | Raziek | Zen
| Xatres | -Masquerain- | Sephirots Masamune | JTB | PrivateJoker Brown
| Chaco | Dark Horse | ChiboSempai | Sangfroid Warrior | Dastrn
| Orboknown | Vinyl | Badwolf28738 | Gova | Bardull
Non-player: | Hardbody Club | Softbody Club | Massclaim Time! | Dayvig Counterclaim | Brewyu strikes again
| OMGUS | The aGame dilemma | WIFOM | Scum or dumb? | The MVP award
[/collapse]

Legendary, Ancient and Special cards are rare.
Extinct, Mysterious, Hydra and Powerhouse cards are uncommon.
Friendly, Short-lived, Regular and Non-player cards are common.

* Obtaining Cards:

There are various ways to obtain new cards on your quest to find all 100 of them. This section will provide information on how to obtain them. Please note, that once you have obtained a card it is in your possession - that means that you can do with it as you please as soon as it's yours.

- When you sign up to play the TCG you will receive a 10 card starter-set [6 common cards, 3 uncommon cards, 1 rare card].
- Each mafia game will have hidden achievements to unlock. Depending on the achievement's difficulty you will win a common, an uncommon or a rare card at the end of the game. You can win multiple cards during the same mafia game if you happen to unlock more than one achievement.
- You can trade cards with other players. Please note that all trades have to be reported to me by both players to confirm the card trade.
- You will win uncommon or rare cards as a reward when you obtain all cards of an edition or when you obtain all cards of one color.

I will keep track of which cards are in whose possession. If you give away a card it will no longer be in your possession and can no longer be traded or used in any other way as it's no longer yours. This is particular important in the context of winning new cards by possessing all cards of a color or all cards of an edition.

* Getting started:

Simply post in this thread that you wish to take part in the dGames TCG and confirm that you have read all rules. You will receive your starter-set and can win or trade cards starting from that moment. There is no deadline for signing up - you can join the game whenever you want to.

Credit goes to Jdietz for the graphical design of the cards and to Fandangox for the idea.

:059:

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wish to take part and confirm that I have read all rules.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17

Questions:

1) Will game mods be able to help determine what achievements are in their games?

2) Will mini games reward cards?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord

Quick question, do the cards actually have images, or will it just be text?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I wish to take part and confirm that I have read all of rules.

I also confirm that I am willing to trade cards for my friend's paypal money.

Rajam

Smash Champion

Is there any card example or a template we can see?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1) Will game mods be able to help determine what achievements are in their games?

2) Will mini games reward cards?
1.) I'm not gonna stop them from giving their input. However, the ultimate decision will be mine.

2.) No

Quick question, do the cards actually have images, or will it just be text?
Is there any card example or a template we can see?
Here's an example of what Dietz has worked on:

http://s4.postimg.org/3wp59j3bx/Gheb_Test_Card.png

The text will obviously be worked on but that's what the black cards will look like.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Are achievements retroactive?

For instance, if the achievement is "Win MVP", does everyone who previously got an MVP get the achievement?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
the thread reeks of NERDS

ooo yea *flex*

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Totally in until I get my own card

willing to trade any cards for my own card

I want 10 overswarm cards

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Your card might be pretty easy to get for a rare.

Condition: Make a "How I beat you all" post after winning a game of mafia.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hell yeah, I do that even when I lose

I even made one of those when I wasn't even playing

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you should totally put this up on a google spreadsheet so everyone can see people's cards

I want to know who has Overswarm cards I can trade for

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm going to be mad if the achievement for my card involves counterclaiming a day-vig. Just putting that out there. ;)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think you're safe since there's an actual non-player card of "Counterclaim Dayvig"... probably that is ;)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dietz is still working on the cards and I will not hurry him around to finish them soon. It will take as long as he needs it to take.

Last edited:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I need the final version of what each non-standard card will say as well. I'm getting some done atm though.

EDIT: Oh man... I actually had to un-**** Rake's avatar to put it on a card lol. Sorry Rake. (don't worry it's still noticeably stretchy)

EDIT2: Rajam... I apologize in advance. Your avatar... it does not like being enlarged... AT ALL

Speaking of which if at a later date any of you have higher res versions of your avatars feel free to link/give them to me and I'll be happy to use them for the cards in place of the current versions. I'm using google to my advantage to find the source images for most, but for others I have to go with the naturally low res versions smashboards has saved.

This offer extends to Nabe, Chaco, Scary, and Xatres somewhat as well. If you have larger versions let me know and I'll upgrade them, but google did me no high res favors. (Potassium and Rake I know for sure have the highest res version possible and/or want their images to look the way they do respectively)

Last edited:

Handorin

Smash Hero
I wish to find my own card and have acknowledged all the rules.

Dang, the nostalgia of looking at those names.

Last edited:
Top Bottom