• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Desk from SSB

slicknick9688

Smash Rookie
Here's a sketch I made of a stage I was thinking of the other day. I posted it in the create a stage thread and it got some good feedback so I decided to move it out here. I'm not sure if it's been though of yet, but if it has, here's my take...

The Desk, A Bedroom
(Super Smash Brothers)

>As if I really need to explain it, this is the table from the ssb intro. I don't know if it's too soon for a ssb throwback already but whatever, I like it.

>The main area is the tabletop. Then there's the books which will be solid objects. The top of the lamp will be another platform, this one being downfall-able. The tissue box would be another solid object. One question I have is, should I include the pencil holder or leave it out? I feel like it would cause too much clutter.

>Nothing too crazy will happen on this stage, but of course master and/or crazy hand will make random visits to rearrange the objects on the desk. And I know the idea is being used a lot already, but time could pass from day, to night, and back again outside. Finally, and I might be pushing my luck here, but to make the stage even more epic...there will be custom character entrances just for this stage. The hand will drop the dolls of the characters onto the table just like in the ssb intro...Also, I think it might be a bit too much but what do you guys think of possibly having the stage change into classic smash stages?

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Could be a cool idea,but I wouldn't want to see the window in the background.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I like it.

Very nostalgic (sp?).

Anyways, so long as it had some good music, it would be one of my favorites, undoubtedly.

Tournament accepted, as well.

EDIT:

Could be a cool idea,but I wouldn't want to see the window in the background.
Really? I would. I would love the sun shining in or some wind noises.

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
its an innovative idea. desk ftw! lol when i first saw the title i thought it was in the brawl character section. i was so close to leaving a sarcastic remark

slicknick9688

Smash Rookie
Haha, I'm def a noob but not that noob. I'm gonna have to disagree with you blood, I thought the window would be cool to have, otherwise I feel like it would lose some of the feel of a bedroom. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
This would be so trippy. I love it! XD

You know, they could bring back some of the music from the first game as well. Not like the stage mixes, but the old game over sounds and whatever. (Didn't they remix something from it already? Maybe I'm trippen'.) I loved the "All Clear" theme. They had some pretty good ambient/metal mixes!

I think various stuff on the desk could be used as weapons. I always wanted to defeat Bowser with a crayon.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I like the idea of having the Lamp as a downfallable. I think you should have the pencil holder there, and make it so that the characters can pick up pencils, crayons etc. from it and use them as weapons. I think it would be a neat idea.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Great Ideas guys, keep them up. One of the best stage ideas so far. (also liked the idea of miis walking in the backround of the window.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Since where having a new adventure mode and everything i highly doubt master hand would be the FINAL boss but he will still be one. This could be his stage...It is master hand's room ya know :p

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I think this would be a cool stage. Very... nostalgic. I say that you should leave out the pencil case, it would make it too cluttered, like you said.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
good stage idea, I never though of it before, the only I don't like is the window, but other than that, if it did have Master hand in that stage and good music which btw I think it would, it would really work out and I would most definetly play on this stage

slicknick9688

Smash Rookie
I'm glad everyone likes it. One thing I'm not understanding is why some of you don't like the window, could someone explain? I really like the mii idea. I'm not sure where I stand on the idea of having items on the desk that can be used as weapons or on having master hand as a hazard. When I drew the picture I was thinking tourney legal, but that could change. Also, I didn't think about it much, but I completely agree it would need some awesome music. Any ideas?

slicknick9688

Smash Rookie
So I decided to make another little drawing to show a very simplified version of the desk stage just to show platforms, scale (although it's probably a completely screwed up scale), boundaries (see scale), and all that good stuff. Anyways, I labeled it "Set-Up #1" since I still like the idea of changing set-ups, I just have to come up with a couple more.

Oh yeah, I decided to add ramps onto the tissue box so it's not an obstacle anymore. Good idea or bad?

Super Mario Universe

Smash Rookie
I like this idea very much, it would good for it to be brought back to Brawl.

A little more detail in the Set-Up pictures couldn't hurt :) Or just a comparison with the original desk.

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Hey... Wasn't I the first guy to point out this stage idea? Then helterskelter thought up the Master Hand as a hazard. But since you drew a picture, I guess you win. Oh well.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Itd be great, to bring back old memories

Mmm back then the characters where like dolls... actually more like puppets, u know, so that the Master "Hand" could control them... i wonder why they changed them to thropies... oh well

slicknick9688

Smash Rookie
Hey... Wasn't I the first guy to point out this stage idea? Then helterskelter thought up the Master Hand as a hazard. But since you drew a picture, I guess you win. Oh well.
Holy crap, I didn't even realize that you posted about that idea a page before I did. I was trying to think of a cool elevator based metroid prime stage that day and the desk just popped into my head. My friend said it was the best idea he's heard yet so I drew it and brought it here. Sorry to have sorta stolen your idea Zoinks, I honestly didn't know.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I like how you said that the hands won't attack, they just reorganize

Moar origanal IMO, and less luck base and annoying.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
brilliant stuff! how about it transforms into that mario-ish stage in the ssb intro movie you never got
to play in? that would be a treat. but i'm against the mii idea if a stupid mii like batman or chuck
norris walked past it would distract everybody but still awesome level!

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
You know what man, the more i think about this stage day to day the better it sounds

Azelf

Smash Cadet
Here's an idea of what I thought of for the stage dynamics:

The table top is the main platform, with only part of desk visible. No more than the top drawer. The desk lamp would be about the same height as the top platform in the Fountain of Dreams, and the pencil case and tissue box/ramp would be about the same height as a lower platform on the aforementioned stage. The desk lamp is the only platform that you can drop through - everything else is solid.

The window would still be visible, but there would be no real daytime - nighttime change. I'd figure that it would be too distracting, especially considering that night would involve flicking the light on the lamp on/turning on an overhead and making the room otherwise dark and overcast. I like Slicknick's second drawing for it. I might draw something and post it up later.

Top Bottom