• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Debate Hall Roast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
In order to keep this room fresh, lengthen my attention span, and other things, I've decided to hold a (an annual?) Debate Hall Roast. Any current posting member is up for grabs and pretty much it'll be just a for fun sort of deal with a slight twist (see below). Essentially, Roasts work where you just make sharp jabs at a person (usually extremely mean, but we will keep ours mild) all in the name of good fun. Since obviously not everyone can take a joke as well as others if you do not want to be involved, please reply here.

Here is where we deviate from the normal Roast. Firstly, not everyone will want to Roast one person, that won't be fun. Secondly, there isn't much to Roast about since well you guys don't know each other in person. To counter act that, you will choose a member, select a few of their debates and bring it up in a topic. (all this must be PMed to me first) You can bash any point of their argument, within reason, and bring back topics from when they first posted here (we all have embarrassing ones) etc etc. Using EE as an example since he probably won't read this, I can bring up his utter and complete lameness from when he first posted here. Using the quote tags will be fun. Again, this is all in the nature of good fun.

Now the person being Roasted (this term isn't the best now that I look at it) has the chance to rebut their attacks as all Roasted people get to do. Again, they can do their homework on the person and have fun with it.

I want to reiterate that there should be nothing over the line and I will PM all of you who are targeted by Roasters before allow the topic to go live (you won't know all of what it says). So if anyone is interested, start PMing or if you don't want to participate post here. Questions go here too.

I can't promise any prizes as I never spoke to anyone about this, but I can try to make this the conclusion to our ill-fated DWYP contest and make the rewards here. Also, any non-debaters who Roast or get Roasted gain instant DH access.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Niceeeee! :)

I have a question before I sign up: Do the previous of the last wave of attendants missed the chance of being in the DH and need to start again? I'm asking this because I'm confused about it.

And another question, if someone "pass the line" (insults, fights, etc) he automatically lose? and is there a judge for this?

Again, we MUST keep this for fun and leave the personal stuff aside of these topics.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Precisely. I am the overall judge, which sadly eliminates me from participating. You are basically taking a person, and going through their worst posts and bringing it to light for everyone's amusement. That poster should see it as a chance to see how far they actually came from when they first started here because for all in the DH, it will be a pretty substantial jump.

Your question? I have no idea what you mean...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sadly not, since I'll be judging it and it won't be too fair as I was hoping to make every pairing get some kind of reward out of it.

And that pretty much answers your other question...

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm going to be destroyed in this. I make about 50 n00bish posts in the Hall a day. And I don't even post 50 times a day in the Hall!

I declare this post an official "Roast that **** Blackadder as much as you want" one. I deserve a good smash in the face. :laugh:

Don't think that means I won't roast you though... :flame:
Also, it's a shame Crimson is the judge. Then we could roast him.

D

Deleted member

CK, can you open that old thread again? I think it'd be fun.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Crimson, the member chosen must be active? because, while I was looking at old debates, I founded that most of the topic creators aren't active.

and another question, should we roast the main thread idea or we can also bash comments made on that thread by the topic creator?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well if you've ever seen comedy central roasts

they literally roast EVERYTHING

current events, the person, the other roasters, the audience, the host, the sponsors. nothing is sacred as lewis black would say

RDK

Smash Hero
So when you say that we get to pick people's posts / arguments, is this limited to the Debate Hall, or are the whole 'Boards open?

Because if so, Blackadder, you're going down. ;)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Please everything, PLEASE! And allow the roasters to roast everything just like comedy central roasts.

I would volunteer to be roasted but, I doubt there's much material, unless any of you happen to know me from other message boards since I'm new enough that I haven't made much in the way of major slips, and I've been pretty much the same way as long as I've been here. A couple of my positions might be considered funny, but I can defend them well, so it's just being outspoken.

Though, if people can find anything, I'll be a good sport.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I shouldn't be doing this, but....

I WANNA BE ROASTED TOO!

Come and get me, *****es!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Doing a specific person - you can go as deep as you want. To bash other roasters, they need to be on the same person as you.

One idea I am tinkering with is allowing one person a week for however long there is interest (every two weeks or monthly is also an option) to be voted on to be Roasted and have anyone who wants to help roast that person sign up and make it a much more organized thing.

Any opinions on that?

As of now, I have gotten one mock idea and it was a pretty good beginning.

RDK

Smash Hero
Doing a specific person - you can go as deep as you want. To bash other roasters, they need to be on the same person as you.

One idea I am tinkering with is allowing one person a week for however long there is interest (every two weeks or monthly is also an option) to be voted on to be Roasted and have anyone who wants to help roast that person sign up and make it a much more organized thing.

Any opinions on that?

As of now, I have gotten one mock idea and it was a pretty good beginning.
So it's almost like a showcase period for the person being roasted, and after their period ends, it switches to someone else?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Haha, nice. Of course, any jokes about such will have to be pre-approved... for obvious reasons.

Yes, the person being Roasted will be showcased for a bit. In fact, the DWYP ended pretty inconclusively, who wants to resolve it with this... somehow?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Haha, nice. Of course, any jokes about such will have to be pre-approved... for obvious reasons.

Yes, the person being Roasted will be showcased for a bit. In fact, the DWYP ended pretty inconclusively, who wants to resolve it with this... somehow?
Hmmm, I have an idea.

How about we roast the DWYP debators first, making a point of showcasing the material from DWYP, of course spun to ridiculousness.

Whoever we get a better chuckles in their showcase wins.

D

Deleted member

Another quick question, ARE YOU DUKE??

THIS INFORMATION IS VITAL

cF=)

Smash Lord

Coming from a peach player, I wouldn't have expected anything less cheap than that ;)

Roast me up Scotty, I don't have much to debate anyway...

Wikipedia

Smash Lord

Woah, I thought this is was obvious. That is why I openly invited my own roasting, there is seriously good stuff there to roast. Seriously, I don't mind if you run it by Eric or not, just follow the basic forum rules.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Any of you guys remember me? I've not been too active lately (I blame school for that...)
I can think of a few things I could be roasted on.

I hereby offer myself to be roasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom