• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Daitoryo for Smash 4 Thread. Goko; opponent wins game 4. (Disconfirmed)

Should the character be called "Napoleon" or "President" for the sake of this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wow! That is incredible! However, like you said, the throws need more work. Otherwise I don't see too much of a problem.
Any ideas on the throws?
Well i was thinking that maybe they will make his design more in the type of Cel Shading like Wind Waker Link, it would probably go well with the overall design of Smash Bros.
.n_n.
I was thinking that he'd look cell-shaded, but with his current design. It would give a feeling that he was painted into the place.

EDIT: We reached the fourth page! :D Some redesigning might be done when we reach the fifth!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Any ideas on the throws?

I was thinking that he'd look cell-shaded, but with his current design. It would give a feeling that he was painted into the place.
Yeah I was thinking the same more cartoony, and it would resemble well with the Hanafuda cards and their design maybe take inspiration from Okami in design wise.
.n_n.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah I was thinking the same more cartoony, and it would resemble well with the Hanafuda cards and their design maybe take inspiration from Okami in design wise.
.n_n.
Actually, since Okami is inspired by actual Japanese art-styles, you could argue that Okami is inspired more by Daitoryo than Daitoryo would be by Okami :troll:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Since you covered everything in Hanafuda, I don't know what's left for use. Maybe change either the forward or backward throw to something involving plants?
It's alright if we change a few moves to accommodate for the throws. Maybe we should change the up aerial so we can use Wisteria vines for the grabs. That might work better. We could just use butterflies as the up-aerial instead.

But you know where I´m going with the idea right?
.n_n.
Definitely. I'm just messing with you.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
It's alright if we change a few moves to accommodate for the throws. Maybe we should change the up aerial so we can use Wisteria vines for the grabs. That might work better. We could just use butterflies as the up-aerial instead.
This sounds good for me.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This sounds good for me.
So we'd have:

Up Aerial: A swarm of butterflies fly out from Daitoryo’s sleeves and go straight upwards. Hard to sweetspot, but they provide a decent killing move. Does only 3% damage and minimal knockback when not sweetspotted, but will do 11% with very good knockback when they do. (based off of the June Animal card)​
Grab:​
Wisteria vines shoot out from Daitoryo's sleeves and ensnare the opponent.​
Hit: ?​
Forward throw: Daitoryo throws the opponent with the vines and whips them quickly.​
Back throw: Daitoryo throws the opponent over his shoulder.​
Up-Throw: Daitoryo throws his opponent directly over his head and smacks him with the blue ribbon.​
Down Throw: Daitoryo releases his opponent and slaps them into the ground with the poetry ribbon.​

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
So we'd have:

Up Aerial: A swarm of butterflies fly out from Daitoryo’s sleeves and go straight upwards. Hard to sweetspot, but they provide a decent killing move. Does only 3% damage and minimal knockback when not sweetspotted, but will do 11% with very good knockback when they do. (based off of the June Animal card)​
Grab:​
Wisteria vines shoot out from Daitoryo's sleeves and ensnare the opponent.​
Hit: ?​
Forward throw: Daitoryo throws the opponent with the vines and whips them quickly.​
Back throw: Daitoryo throws the opponent over his shoulder.​
Up-Throw: Daitoryo throws his opponent directly over his head and smacks him with the blue ribbon.​
Down Throw: Daitoryo releases his opponent and slaps them into the ground with the poetry ribbon.​
Hit: The vines crush the opponent.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Just because you like the idea, or do you actually think he's possible?
I like it, but I think he is a possibility.

Also, I think you Gould change his name to Mr. Hanafuda.
Because I bet parents would "I don't want my children playing as Napolean Bonapatre in his game!"

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
i will be buying some Daitoryo hanafuda cards soon, so expect some scans of an official Nintendo hanafuda deck and a better image of Daitoryo.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I have just ordered my set of Daitoryo hanafuda cards. (here, if BluePikmin's anyone's interested, since this is the cheapest I've been able to find, period, and there are still five in stock.)

Expect scans from myself when everything is here (it'll be in December or January sometime since it's coming from Japan).

In the meantime, what do you guys expect for Daitoryo's franchise logo (like the mushroom for Mario)? I personally think that the peony or the cherry blossoms are the most feasible.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I have just ordered my set of Daitoryo hanafuda cards. (here, if BluePikmin's anyone's interested, since this is the cheapest I've been able to find, period, and there are still five in stock.)

Expect scans from myself when everything is here (it'll be in December or January sometime since it's coming from Japan).

In the meantime, what do you guys expect for Daitoryo's franchise logo (like the mushroom for Mario)? I personally think that the peony or the cherry blossoms are the most feasible.
I'd say a hand of cards being fanned out would be a good logo.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Question; anyone know an artist who could draw a complete Daitoryo? Body and all? I don't know anyone who would do it, but it would help immensely with this thread. If someone has a deviantart account, maybe they can find someone that way?

If someone is able to find someone, both they and the artist will be credited in the OP. I will also personally teach you how to play Koi-Koi (hanafuda game) if you'd like :p

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would Honestly not Mind. HEck, I'd like this. Put me down as a supporter.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't think I know anyone that has a full body of Daitouryou.
I don't believe there is an official one (yet). i was thinking we might be able to make (or get someone to make) and approximation of what Daitoryo's full body might look like. That's how he would appear in Smash Bros., so let's draw it out to make the concept more understandable to people.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I don't think I know anyone that has a full body of Daitouryou.
We dont have the legs but I imagine them as standard human legs, nothing too crazy. Also since he is based on Napoleon we can use Napoleon as inspiration. I think Napoleon just has standard human legs anyway.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
We dont have the legs but I imagine them as standard human legs, nothing too crazy. Also since he is based on Napoleon we can use Napoleon as inspiration. I think Napoleon just has standard human legs anyway.
The best part is that the most detailed parts of the design are already there. The rest of the uniform would likely be very basic. Maybe white leggings with black boots or even just entirely black.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
The best part is that the most detailed parts of the design are already there. The rest of the uniform would likely be very basic. Maybe white leggings with black boots or even just entirely black.
Yeah I tought of long black pants and shoes like these:

untitled.png

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
Both men are based off of Napoleon I of France, how is that the wrong Napoleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom