• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Daitoryo for Smash 4 Thread. Goko; opponent wins game 4. (Disconfirmed)

Should the character be called "Napoleon" or "President" for the sake of this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I love you all! :'D

Bluepikmin11, thanks! I agree completely. He really does have a very Nintendo-y vibe to him.

FalKooopa, Thanks so much! I'm happy to have a moderator that I respect so much show his support :D

Stompman, :D I will do so shortly.

Also, Zhadgon, I forgot to ask; I take it you do consider yourself a supporter?

To everybody, YAY! WE BROKE THE FIRST PAGE! :D

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Here you are:

I hope is what you expected.

Edited;
Yeah no problem Pacack, add me to the support list.

.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
It would be interesting to see what alt. colors he will have, is one of those colors referring to something.
Pacack:

White skin with a completely red top. Keep the hair black. (Based off of Ono no Michikaze)
Grey skin with the black parts still black, but with dark blue where the white is and a lightish blue for the ribbon. Change the hair color to either a grey, a very dark navy blue, or something else that matches the color scheme. (based off of the blue ribbon)
Completely white skin and red hair. White where the black is and black where the white is on the clothes, with red for the color of the tan frills and whatnot. (based off of the crane)
Yellow Skin with forest green where the black is and yellow where the white is, make the ribbon a brighter green and make the frills, buttons, and the like black. Make the hair the same shade as the main green. (based off of the bush-warbler in a tree)
Blue skin with yellow hair. Keep the white part of his clothing white, but change the black to yellow and the frills and whatnot to black. (based off of the water lily)
Red skin with red hair. Turn the black part blue and keep the white as is. Change the frills and the like to red, but make the award that is hanging from the ribbon blue (based off of the Chinese phoenix).

Well thats what he want for each color swap.
.n_n.

Pokeking

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
I would go with Daitoryo, but as been said, I probably would go with the Rain Man due to the former's likeness to Napoleon.

I do think that although Hanafuda is not a video game, it is a part of Nintendo's history. There are even Hanafuda cards using Mario characters.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I would go with Daitoryo, but as been said, I probably would go with the Rain Man due to the former's likeness to Napoleon.

I do think that although Hanafuda is not a video game, it is a part of Nintendo's history. There are even Hanafuda cards using Mario characters.
Would you like to be added to the supporter list?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, everyone, I was wondering, do you know any artists that would be willing to drawn the full body of Daitoryo? Might help with the OP.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Also, relevant double post. I just learned how to play hanafuda, and it's addicting. I might just make a moveset now, because Daitoryo has even more moveset potential than I could have hoped.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I have no idea about Hanafuda though, perhaps you can share it here in the thread here.
I might do that.

In fact, let me talk about the basics really quickly right here:

In Hanafuda, there are twelve suits of four cards each that are based off of seasons/seasonal plants.

You create pairs of cards by matching seasons, and you use the cards you get to make Yakus, which are basically matches.

In Hanafuda, one player starts with 10 points and tries to get up to 50 to win the game. Their opponent attempts to score points to make their score go down to 0, making them lose.

To score points, one must match up Yakus, which are partially determined by the kind of card you have, as I stated before.

In each suit (except for the final two), there are two plain cards, one ribbon card, and one animal card or bright card (first has a bright, second has an animal, third has a bright, etc.). The exceptions to this are the Willow and Paulownia suits, which have one plain, one ribbon, one bright, and one animal; and three plains and one bright, respectively.

The ribbons happen to be even more sorted, into red, blue, and poetry ribbons, which are important for scoring.

The Yakus are as follows:

Five animals gets you one point, and each additional animal after the fifth gives you another point.
Five ribbons gets you one point, and each additional ribbon after the fifth gives you another point.
Matching all three of the blue or the poetry ribbons will give you six points.
Having the Boar, Deer, and Butterfly cards matched gives you five points.
Matching three brights without the Rain Man card gives you six points.
Having four bright cards, including the Rain Man card gives you eight points.
Having all five bright cards gives you fifteen points.
Matching all of a season while that season is in play (it rotates from the first, which is pine) will give you four points.
Matching 10 cards that are plains will give you one point, with each additional plain card giving another point.

Also, the animal card of the chrysanthemums is partially a wild card, acting as a plains card as well as an animal card.

If neither player gets any Yakus, the dealer (who is chosen by random for the first round, but is whoever won the last round after that) gets six points.

That's basically all you need to know about hanafuda. You need to get used to the cards, of course, but that's the gist of it.

Now, that could translate to smash in an interesting way. If you use attacks based off of, say, an animal five times repeatedly, maybe the damage that you're dealing will go up. Just an idea, but it could be interesting.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I apologize for not finishing the moveset yet. I've had a bit of a bad week, so I'll get to it soon.

I also apologize for the double post.

Anyone else want to make a moveset in tandem with mine?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Check it Pokemon Hanafuda cards :p
http://ani.me/zine/anime/article/5658/

I think they might be pushing for a Hanafuda character in Smash Bros.
Haha, I doubt it, but Nintendo has released hanafuda decks with characters from BOTH their biggest franchises, so that's something.

Also, these are 110% better now that I see what cards they originally were xD.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
The moveset! Hope everyone likes it! It's pretty basic, so I may update it in the future to include more detailed information such as damage.

Jab Combo - Slashes with a card held in his right hand, then does the same thing with his left hand.
Side Tilt - Wide card swipe.
Up Tilt - Uses a bush-warbler as a sword to hit upwards.
Down Tilt - Swipes a poetry ribbon next to the ground.
Side Smash - Transforms into a boar and jumps forwards.
Up Smash - Transforms into a deer and jumps upwards, hitting with his horns.
Down Smash - Spins holding an umbrella in his hands.
Neutral Aerial - Spins holding cards in both his hands.
Forward Aerial - Commands butterflies to fly forwards.
Back Aerial - Commads butterflies to fly backwards.
Up Aerial - Puts a barrel of sake upwards.
Down Aerial - Attacks with a water iris downwards.

Neutral Special - Poetry Ribbon

Daitoryo swipes a poetry ribbon in front of him. If you hit the enemy, you grab them and can rotate the analog stick to spin them and deal damage. Pressing any direction throws the enemy.

Side Special - Cuckoo

Daitoryo throws a cuckoo forwards. The cuckoo deals damage to enemies and can be killed, but is very powerful if it hits an enemy. If you try to reflect it, you only knock it back a bit and it continues flying, eventually damaging you.

Up Special - Flight With Geese

Daitoryo holds a geese and flies upwards with it. You can control it as much as Snake's Cypher, and it rises at about the same speed.

Down Special - Frog

Daitoryo transforms into a frog and swipes his tongue, then returns to normal. This knocks enemies upwards and sometimes causes them to trip.

Final Smash - Chinese Phoenix

Daitoryo calls the Chinese Phoenix to the stage, then the Phoenix launches a lot of giant fireballs into the stage. These do great damage and are almost a one-hit KO.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Add me to the list of supporters, I'm going to do a moveset.
Will do! Great to have ya!
I don't know anything, but he will use cards and things that are in the cards such as Poetry Ribbons to attack.
If you want, try out this: http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/hanafuda/rule_e.html

It tells you the rules and has a flash hanafuda game. It's difficult, but it gets the point across if nothing else.

I'll go ahead and post your moveset in the OP, Tepig! :D I like it, since I never thought of him transforming into the animals, just using them. I prefer your concept.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I've tought of a witty name for supporters:

"Daitoryo's Little Hanafudies"

That sounds ridiculous and cool at the same time. It fits because Daitoryo looks ridiculous but is cool.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Like this post if you want to see us named "Daitoryo's little Hanafudies". I, personally, do not, but I'll see what others think.

I get Oya-Ken if no one likes this post, k? (that means I win and we don't get that name if no one likes this post, but if anyone does, it'll be done.)

D

Deleted member

Kind of a losing bet to use likes as a system of voting, since we've got the guy that likes near every post on board.

Morbi

Scavenger
Kind of a losing bet to use likes as a system of voting, since we've got the guy that likes near every post on board.
I will elaborate, I like every post; however, I only liked that post in a response to the "bet". Not to mention that Tepig also agrees. So regardless of my like, he would have received another like.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I will elaborate, I like every post; however, I only liked that post in a response to the "bet". Not to mention that Tepig also agrees. So regardless of my like, he would have received another like.
Glad we have that cleared up. My first response when Morbid liked was "oh, yeah...Morbid exists", but I would've counted it anyways.

Also, Golden, are you for, against, or indifferent towards Daitoryo? Just curious.

Morbi

Scavenger
Glad we have that cleared up. My first response when Morbid liked was "oh, yeah...Morbid exists", but I would've counted it anyways.

Also, Golden, are you for, against, or indifferent towards Daitoryo? Just curious.
Yes, I read every post I like. If the post is conditional or based on a like, I will obviously take priority in what is being said in the post. So when you asserted that a like would be what is being measured, I instantly decided to not like it if I disagreed. It is confusing, the main point is that I listen to what every post has to offer.

D

Deleted member

Indifferent.

It's an idea I'm not against, but not one I'm for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom