• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cutest Multitasker Rides into Battle! Mona for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, it's been a while since we heard anything new about Wario Ware. The silence is deafening.

Granted, the Switch entry is probably just being developed behind close doors, but still.
I'm fairly certain I heard a rumor about Nintendo working on a new WW game somewhere. What's more, I'm pretty sure Gold alludes to the idea of a WW game being made for Switch...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm fairly certain I heard a rumor about Nintendo working on a new WW game somewhere. What's more, I'm pretty sure Gold alludes to the idea of a WW game being made for Switch...
I think I heard a rumor about a Wario Land Virtual Boy 3DS remake was in the works, but cancelled due to it been worked on too late in the 3DS's life cycle. I don't remember where I heard that rumor, but I remember it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thanks, pal! I'll be making a number of changes soon! That said, would anyone mind letting me know who exactly wanted to be put on the support list? I'm pretty sure there was a LOT in-between the original OP's absence and now...
I just looked at the OP and I don't think I am on the support list. I asked a long time ago though.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, I edited the OP somewhat (though I don't think it's anything too substantial). Honestly, I kind of need some inspiration, to really clean it up, so if you guys could please send suggestions, it'd be appreciated!

R RetrogamerMax , you're now on the support list! Congrats!

Please let me know who else wanted to be added to the support list!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, if we hear about a new Wario Ware installment, it would have to be before the fiscal year starts on April, right? Once Super Mario 3D World Deluxe releases, there are no more first-party games known to be scheduled until further notice, with the Famicom Detective Club remakes having been delayed to sometime later this year, and Metroid Prime 4 and Breath of The Wild 2 still being two big question marks.

... Or (if you mean that is a rumor) something worse may have happened... You never know in this world, especially when viruses are running amok.
If you really want to know, I'd suggest asking smashkirby smashkirby about it in a PM, so we can keep this thread on topic.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
If im being completely honest, i think Mona should have been the main star of WarioWare in the first place. Wario should have stuck to Land games.

Wario to me, always felt like a choice they just slapped in because they needed a recognizable Nintendo character, but didn't wanted to use someone like Mario because it would feel limited (you know how Japanese Developers are with their properties, picky as hell) and the excuse they gave ("he's always doing stupid stuff") felt really phoned-in. The worst part about Warioware to me was well........Wario himself.

Mona, on the other hand, is a multitasking character, which fits perfectly with the game's premise of doing multiple "tasks" in a short amount of minutes, and had she been the star, we could have gotten another female lead on a popular Nintendo series, or at least a mascot for it.

Tis a Shame she is overshadowed by Ashley. No offense to Ash's fans, but i just find Mona to be more appealing, and a missed opportunity for a character that has been overshadowed even though she shouldn't.

So, seeing how many Nintendo characters are being forgotten in this current discussion days, i think i want to lent my support.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If im being completely honest, i think Mona should have been the main star of WarioWare in the first place. Wario should have stuck to Land games.

Wario to me, always felt like a choice they just slapped in because they needed a recognizable Nintendo character, but didn't wanted to use someone like Mario because it would feel limited (you know how Japanese Developers are with their properties, picky as hell) and the excuse they gave ("he's always doing stupid stuff") felt really phoned-in. The worst part about Warioware to me was well........Wario himself.

Mona, on the other hand, is a multitasking character, which fits perfectly with the game's premise of doing multiple "tasks" in a short amount of minutes, and had she been the star, we could have gotten another female lead on a popular Nintendo series, or at least a mascot for it.

Tis a Shame she is overshadowed by Ashley. No offense to Ash's fans, but i just find Mona to be more appealing, and a missed opportunity for a character that has been overshadowed even though she shouldn't.

So, seeing how many Nintendo characters are being forgotten in this current discussion days, i think i want to lent my support.
It's funny, I'd be lying if I said that there haven't been times where I've had this EXACT thought in mind. Considering how holding multiple jobs and hobbies (sometimes at the same time) is practically Mona's whole deal, it would stand to reason that her being WarioWare's main character wouldn't seem that out of place.

By the way, P Phoenix Douchebag , you're on the support list! Congrats!

Wario!Biker, cheerleader, rocker, I think.
Hmm... not bad! I'd go with Biker (Wario ver.), cheerleader, and maybe... either her photographer look or... her red qipao? You know, the qipao could be a surprise selection.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's funny, I'd be lying if I said that there haven't been times where I've had this EXACT thought in mind. Considering how holding multiple jobs and hobbies (sometimes at the same time) is practically Mona's whole deal, it would stand to reason that her being WarioWare's main character wouldn't seem that out of place.

By the way, P Phoenix Douchebag , you're on the support list! Congrats!

Hmm... not bad! I'd go with Biker (Wario ver.), cheerleader, and maybe... either her photographer look or... her red qipao? You know, the qipao could be a surprise selection.
You know, that's a pretty good point. Since Ashley marketing doesn't seem to matter one iota (seeing as she isn't a big name like Mario or DK, therefore more hesitation from other home Nintendo devs to actually spread her out more beyond Badge Arcade), Ashley is still an AT, there were previously-mentioned "hints" found in Ultimate, and Mona is among the OG WarioWare cast, maybe there's a subtle push towards making Mona be the next Wario character addition some day?

The only thing getting in the way (besides modern Nintendo stuff) is the fact that everyone except Wario shares equal billing as a secondary character in WW itself.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, that's a pretty good point. Since Ashley marketing doesn't seem to matter one iota (seeing as she isn't a big name like Mario or DK, therefore more hesitation from other home Nintendo devs to actually spread her out more beyond Badge Arcade), Ashley is still an AT, there were previously-mentioned "hints" found in Ultimate, and Mona is among the OG WarioWare cast, maybe there's a subtle push towards making Mona be the next Wario character addition some day?

The only thing getting in the way (besides modern Nintendo stuff) is the fact that everyone except Wario shares equal billing as a secondary character in WW itself.
I know, right? Like, I could see Mona holding a sort-of "host" role for the series had Wario not been selected to headline the series. In Smash Ultimate, I'm fairly certain that she's the most prominent Wario character to be featured who doesn't hold a notable role in-game.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Most, shortest, fastest Pleasure, instant action in 5 seconds! #Made in Wario 18th Anniversary Congratulations! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!
Wario Company Hurray! !! !! !! !!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Well, if Mona or anyone else was the star but Wario, we couldn't call it WarioWare couldn't we? Honestly I think if Mona was the star, they should rename WarioWare to Mona's Pizzeria & Games. It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue well for a franchise title, but I think it could work.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

what? !! Is today the anniversary of the founding of the Wario Company? !! Moreover, this year is the 20th anniversary of Game Boy Advance! !! It's exactly WarioWare Day! Ghahaha! !!
#Made in Wario 18th Anniversary
#Wario Company Founding Anniversary

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
A bit late but Sakurai gave Warioware's Anniversary a shout out a couple days ago.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Warioware art.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
It's so cute! I actually came across this a few days ago, but I was too busy to post it here...

Actually, as long as I'm here... do you all think something Wario-related will show up at E3 this year?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I've been wondering. If Mona got into Mario Kart, should she exclusively ride her moped or drive different vehicles like everyone else?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Holy cow! I was screaming at this! I have to wonder though... is WarioWare no longer keeping to the 'tradition' of having Mona wear a new outfit per WW game?

Don't get me wrong, her Gold look is adorable as all get-out, but I'm going to miss this if that's the case...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Holy cow! I was screaming at this! I have to wonder though... is WarioWare no longer keeping to the 'tradition' of having Mona wear a new outfit per WW game?

Don't get me wrong, her Gold look is adorable as all get-out, but I'm going to miss this if that's the case...
Probably a budget-conscious decision. Which is a bit meta, considering :ultwario:.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Great to see lots of promo tweets from Nintendo.

warelander

Smash Journeyman

I got this ask on my Wario blog and that made me think of this thread.

Gonna be real, I am pretty done with Smash outside of mods these days, however, I really do think now is a good time for Mona to finally get a chance to break out into something bigger. Doesn't need to be Smash, could also be her making it into the Mario spin-offs at last.

WarioWare has been in a odd position for a while and really reached a low point after Game & Wario, with the longest hiatus between installments to date.

I feel Gold being a thing and it's modest success, really did wonders for Wario and his cast in general, because things have been surprisingly good for them since 2017 as I also talked about at length:

We have moved past that awful, AWFUL time during the Wii U era, where only Ashley got pushed, while the rest of the Wario series was at it's lowest point. In fact, the only two times Ashley got something extra, via special christmas art and being featured on the Nintendo Dream interview promo, Mona was right alongside her:

Reindeer_Mona.png_(Transparent).png

NDW_WWG_Interview_Banner.jpg

Taking it even further, she's front and center when Wario introduces, what seems to be the entire rest of the playable cast alongside himself, in Get It Together:

It helps that people are really excited for this game, enough to have it already do well with pre-orders and that's not even going into the insane amount of love I have seen for Mona since then.

I feel GIT is gonna do well and do a lot of good for Wario and it's only gonna help to let Nintendo know Mona has lots of fans. Be it through surveys when a relevant enough point comes up or their social media accounts.

We aren't in Ashley-only Land anymore, Mona is getting some push now, this is a big chance for her and it only helps to inform Nintendo that we like that a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom