• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Cut" Brawl Content Thread.....(list of cut music added)

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
If there's stagnant data on the disk... That could totally be unlocked via DLC. Holy balls, the Wiis lack of external HD would be straight-up moot if the characters are already on the disc.

And personally, I find it hard to believe that they would craft character models and not put them in the game, or at least transmogrify them into ATs - Content costs money to produce, and unless it'd be a huge kick to balance, it doesn't make a lot of sense to restrain them for restraints sake.

Maybe space related issues, perhaps... but if there's enough slack for seemingly useless files on the disc, then I don't see how things could be so tight. I call sneaky content.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure there was a video of Rosalina somewhere, proof she appeared.

This is a really interesting thread, I can't wait to see what discoveries are made.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure there was a video of Rosalina somewhere, proof she appeared.

This is a really interesting thread, I can't wait to see what discoveries are made.
can anyone try to find that video for more evidence of it being possible?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
ShortFuse still has not responded to my PM. Does he think he is too good, to listen my observations?

Anyway, the trophy selection in Brawl is extremely lacking (most of them are just items and characters that are already in the game).

Keep in mind, that although you get an All Trophies unlocked message after getting 290 trophies in Melee, there are in actuality three more trophies in the game (Mario & Yoshi, Samus Unmasked, and Tamagon). Tamagon was just a regular trophy in Japan, and the Mario & Yoshi and the Samus Unmasked trophies could only be unlcoked normally through a special promotion in Japan to promote Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime. Sakurai could very well have hidden some promotional stuff in Brawl. For example, there is a new Dr. Mario game coming out for WiiWare called Dr. Mario's Virus Buster. What better way to promote it, then to have a firmware update Brawl that "unlocks" Dr. Mario as a playable character. I think if Brawl ever does get DLC, it will be stuff already hidden on the disc. Now if someone can confirm whether there is data hidden on Brawl's second layer.....

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
ZOMG...future hidden content? Future PLAYABLE RIDLEY? Someone find this out!!!

P.S. Really doubt they'll "un-boss" Ridley, but it's a nice thought though :D

Chepe

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait... I thought the whole dual layer deal was to fit more stuff that we should be seeing. Are you guys seriously saying that the game that many have and have made videos of, only show stuff on the first layer? As in, are we absolutely sure nothing in any video or anyone's game so far has come from both layers encrypted into the disc?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wait wait wait... I thought the whole dual layer deal was to fit more stuff that we should be seeing. Are you guys seriously saying that the game that many have and have made videos of, only show stuff on the first layer? As in, are we absolutely sure nothing in any video or anyone's game so far has come from both layers encrypted into the disc?
I said it is a possibility. Perhaps the second layer is promotional stuff, like you unlock Rosalina by having a Mario Galaxy save file on your Wii, and Sothe by having a Radiant Dawn save file. Its just a theory, it is by no means confirmed.

Shuma

Smash Hero
**** music, i whant to see if Ridley has anything pointing that he was meant to be playable. I have a theory that he was meant to be playable but was left out for some reason.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
This is kinda exciting. :p

Seriously, a whole disk layer to explored? This really does give hope to future 'updates!' That would be epic! Let the speculation of characters resume!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If DLC means playable Claus, though, I volunteer myself to be ripped off. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm interested to see if there's anything of note on the infamous second layer. Isn't it strange that no one has cracked it yet? Especially given the fact that all those ATs and such were reported numerous times...kinda makes you wonder what happened. Thanks for posting this.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I said it is a possibility. Perhaps the second layer is promotional stuff, like you unlock Rosalina by having a Mario Galaxy save file on your Wii, and Sothe by having a Radiant Dawn save file. Its just a theory, it is by no means confirmed.
And, and... a movie or such event to showcase Darkrai, Shaymin, Regigigas, etc. somehow giving the access to their Pokeballs in Brawl (through the DS perhaps), and... Virtual Console SSB64 on your Wii letting you summon Onix... wow. I would not be surprised in the least...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If DLC means playable Claus, though, I volunteer myself to be ripped off. ;)

Seriously, though, I'm interested to see if there's anything of note on the infamous second layer. Isn't it strange that no one has cracked it yet? Especially given the fact that all those ATs and such were reported numerous times...kinda makes you wonder what happened. Thanks for posting this.
I am sorry to burst everyone's bubble but if there are any "DLC" characters, they will likely be the Forbidden 7 (Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik). Though it is possible, that there are more character files in Brawl's second layer. I wonder why it is taking so long to rip Brawl's second layer?

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I had heard that Rosalina's lumas healed you, and that her AT was not a damaging one.

All downloadable content is already on the disc, you usually download the means to unlock it. People were saying DLC was impossible because of the wii's small hardrive. But If it was already on the disc then only a small file would be needed to access it.

DLC would be great, and Dixie would be a good character to have, but charging us for things that should be in the game is pretty heartless even by nintendos standards.

Note - If Shaymin hasn't been announced yet, but is a pokeball. Then we could expect possible DLC after it's reveal.

Chepe

Smash Lord
And then, in Iwata Asks... "I like pranks"... this would certainly qualify! Content already hidden way into the game where it is so far unreachable by even advanced means... and it makes so much sense with the ones we know should be in there. This might just be the most amazing find in all of Brawl if we hear about it anytime soon!

celebi23

Smash Cadet
If the rest of the missing things are on the 2nd layer, then the following missing music should be on there as well. It'd be a little odd to remove a 45 pieces of music & not rename the remaining tracks.

Missing Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tracks

Super Mario Bros
A11
A12
A18
A19

The Legend of Zelda
C06

Yoshi
E04

StarFox
G06

Fire Emblem
J01
J05

Mother/EarthBound
K02
K03
K04
K06

WarioWare
M14

Animal Crossing
N04

NES Classics
Q03

Nintendo DS, Wii & Various other games
R01

Metal Gear
S01
S09

Super Smash Bros. and Victory Themes
T04

Sonic The Hedgehog
U05

Super Smash Bros. Brawl General Themes
X14

Subspace Emissary
Y06
Y12

Victory Themes and Various Short Clips
Z09
Z12
Z13
Z14
Z15
Z19
Z20
Z24
Z26 - Z34
Z36 - Z45
Z48
Z49
Z52
Z53

S2

Smash Lord
Man, this is going to have me thinking about all the "almost content" we had.

Certain things I can accept being cut for time, but why would AT's like Rosalina - which clearly were finished because they were at expos not be there?

Here's a theory (there is no proof for this and I'm not saying I'm right)....

maybe you need to have save data on your Wii for certain trophies to appear. If that were the case then most likely no one in the US would see any of these (unless you had saves for the Japanese versions).

If any of the cut stuff does end up being "DLC", then it would be a very clever way to expand the game. That is, because of space limitations, all the patches do is simply allow things previously unnaccesible on the disc. Unless of course Nintendo makes us pay for something on the disc - then they are going to get bashed all over the place.

Chepe

Smash Lord
S2, read pages 3 and 4, you will see what it looks like it all might mean...

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
thousands of people must own galaxy in japan yet rosalina is still unconfirmed.

Also, there was a purple haired girl playing guitar as an at, I've definitely seen a vid of her. She been seen in brawl?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
thousands of people must own galaxy in japan yet rosalina is still unconfirmed.

Also, there was a purple haired girl playing guitar as an at, I've definitely seen a vid of her. She been seen in brawl?
According to people on GameFAQs, people have seen the Rosalina Assist Trophy in some of the live streams.

Also, the "purple-haired" girl is Barbara the Bat from Daigasso Band Bros.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
If the rest of the missing things are on the 2nd layer, then the following missing music should be on there as well. It'd be a little odd to remove a 45 pieces of music & not rename the remaining tracks.

Missing Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tracks

Super Mario Bros
A11
A12
A18
A19

The Legend of Zelda
C06

Yoshi
E04

StarFox
G06

Fire Emblem
J01
J05

Mother/EarthBound
K02
K03
K04
K06

WarioWare
M14

Animal Crossing
N04

NES Classics
Q03

Nintendo DS, Wii & Various other games
R01

Metal Gear
S01
S09

Super Smash Bros. and Victory Themes
T04

Sonic The Hedgehog
U05

Super Smash Bros. Brawl General Themes
X14

Subspace Emissary
Y06
Y12

Victory Themes and Various Short Clips
Z09
Z12
Z13
Z14
Z15
Z19
Z20
Z24
Z26 - Z34
Z36 - Z45
Z48
Z49
Z52
Z53
nice compiling, but we can't say they are missing until the second layer of the DVD is cracked.

Maki Maki

Smash Cadet
i dont theyre cut. i think that they just havent been unlocked by the players yet? its only been out a week. i dont think anyones unlocked everything yet.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
i dont theyre cut. i think that they just havent been unlocked by the players yet? its only been out a week. i dont think anyones unlocked everything yet.
According to the disk leak, there are no files for the Assist Trophies and Pokemon mentioned in this topic. We are currently waiting on for the second layer of Brawl to be leaked, before finally calling all of this content cut.

Break

Smash Apprentice
The second layer has been released, supposedly by Caravan and another source. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The second layer has been released, supposedly by Caravan and another source. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
So, is there any more code in it that is not in the first layer? Please say more. How long ago was it released?

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Why, exactly, is this "all you're going to say?" 0.o

Don't you at least have a reason for not telling anything?

celebi23

Smash Cadet
I can confirm this as well. ;) I'll be investigating the 2nd layer some time tomorrow. Will post results/ discoveries (hopefully) then

Break

Smash Apprentice
It's up on rapidshare and in a torrent form right now. Rapidshare is your best option, it's worth paying the 5 bucks for a premium account if only to download Brawl. Saying anything more here is probably in violation of the rules.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
It's up on rapidshare and in a torrent form right now. Rapidshare is your best option, it's worth paying the 5 bucks for a premium account if only to download Brawl. Saying anything more here is probably in violation of the rules.
I'm not interested in downloading it... I'm only interested in the existence of these so-called "cut" contents, as well as evidence for DNC.

Break

Smash Apprentice
I haven't finished downloading it yet, I've been dealing with midterms, trying to resist. Celebi23 will most likely be able to report on the matter before me.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I can confirm this as well. ;) I'll be investigating the 2nd layer some time tomorrow. Will post results/ discoveries (hopefully) then
Please post it ASAP. We all want to know what contents lie within Brawl's second layer.

I haven't finished downloading it yet, I've been dealing with midterms, trying to resist. Celebi23 will most likely be able to report on the matter before me.
Good luck on your midterms, hopefully, either you or celebi23 will post the contents of Brawl's second layer soon.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
double layered discs have to be blank and readable on both sides of the disc, right? Why would they make Brawl on a doublesided "Double Layer" disc if they have one side printed. Wouldn't that make one layer unreadable?

Or...does the Wii (or anyother drive) have the ability to read the 2nd layer through the same side that reads the 1st layer? I'm confused.

Ebony Princess

Smash Cadet
double layered discs have to be blank and readable on both sides of the disc, right? Why would they make Brawl on a doublesided "Double Layer" disc if they have one side printed. Wouldn't that make one layer unreadable?

Or...does the Wii (or anyother drive) have the ability to read the 2nd layer through the same side that reads the 1st layer? I'm confused.
Double layered discs have both layers on one side.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
There was that rumor that Geno was cut from Brawl, but that has yet to be proven true.
That rumor was a joke. :X

They got All Star mode when they got the full roster we know. So I really doubt it, and there was only a few files of the cut characters unless we haven't ripped everything yet.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That rumor was a joke. :X

They got All Star mode when they got the full roster we know. So I really doubt it, and there was only a few files of the cut characters unless we haven't ripped everything yet.
We have yet to learn the contents of Brawl's second layer. If there is any hidden content in the game, it will be on the second layer. It would make no sense for Sakurai to cut all of these ATs, Pokemon, and music tracks. My guess is that he is going to offer them as future content, and quite possibly maybe some of the "cut" characters as well. He has said that he aiming for us to play with Brawl for years to come. What better way to keep us continually entertained by giving us some new "toys" (characters, ATs, Pokemon, music, etc.) while we wait for the next Smash, then to continually give us new stuff via the content he hid away on the disk. People will hail it as DLC, but it will actually be a clever ruse to get around the Wii's limited memory storage. Brawl is a 128 block game, every other first party Wii game to date has not even come close to that amount. There is obviously a ton of content in Brawl.

Iwata said this about the number of Assist Trophies:
The number of regular characters is impressive on its own, but the number of characters represented by the Assist Trophies is truly something.

According to the initial disk leak there are only 27 ATs in Brawl, which would be less than Brawl's 35 playable characters. That is certainly not an impressive number. Which leads me to believe that there are more ATs hidden on Brawl's second layer.

Now we must wait until someone decides to post the contents of Brawl's second layer....

Top Bottom