• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Cut" Brawl Content Thread.....(list of cut music added)

celebi23

Smash Cadet
Please post it ASAP. We all want to know what contents lie within Brawl's second layer.

Good luck on your midterms, hopefully, either you or celebi23 will post the contents of Brawl's second layer soon.
I'm also about half way done in acquiring the dual layer version of the disc. I can't & won't say where/how I found it. I'm sorry. Looks like I'll be able to post stuff maybe this afternoon at the earliest & tonight after my class (9:30ish pm EST) at the latest

espio87

Smash Ace
I'm also about half way done in acquiring the dual layer version of the disc. I can't & won't say where/how I found it. I'm sorry. Looks like I'll be able to post stuff maybe this afternoon at the earliest & tonight after my class (9:30ish EST) at the latest
yes! the mistery is close to be solved!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm also about half way done in acquiring the dual layer version of the disc. I can't & won't say where/how I found it. I'm sorry. Looks like I'll be able to post stuff maybe this afternoon at the earliest & tonight after my class (9:30ish EST) at the latest
Excellent, I wonder what could be on Brawl's second layer? The first layer seemed to cover everything I could think of.

espio87

Smash Ace
Excellent, I wonder what could be on Brawl's second layer? The first layer seemed to cover everything I could think of.
most likely the stuff that didn't fit in the first layer, like the remaining pokeballs, ATs, music tracks and maybe SSE enemy data (I don't rememeber seeing it in the decryption topic)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
most likely the stuff that didn't fit in the first layer, like the remaining pokeballs, ATs, music tracks and maybe SSE enemy data (I don't rememeber seeing it in the decryption topic)
I definitely remember seeing enemy data. I think that the second layer will definitely have more music tracks, and hopefully the ATs and Pokemon that were not listed on the first layer. Heck, we might even hit the jackpot, and there might be some files for the "cut" characters.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I definitely remember seeing enemy data. I think that the second layer will definitely have more music tracks, and hopefully the ATs and Pokemon that were not listed on the first layer. Heck, we might even hit the jackpot, and there might be some files for the "cut" characters.
That would be awesome, but I wonder what action Nintendo would take if someone tries to hack the "cut" characters.

I don't want to get hyped up though, but I hope there is at least their designs of how they'd look in Brawl.

celebi23

Smash Cadet
I've got about a half hour left before I can start digging into the 2nd layer ;) Will post any discoveries & pics of the folder hierarchy as soon as I get a chance :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Will do. Gonna look through the 2nd layer in a little while during lunch. Just waiting for everything to finish transfering ;)
Good work. May there be good news. I will be heading off to college in a few minutes, so hopefully you will get it posted in like a hour or so.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Dammit, I have class in 40 minutes for about 3-4 hours. If Micaiah isn't a playable character, I want at least Sothe to be an AT. Especially since I think I'll be maining Ike. It would make no sense to remove him considering he was a finished AT.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I heard from reliable sources that Chuck Norris was originally going to be featured, but he was cut due to the fact that he kicked too much butt, and when they nerfed him, they felt like it wasn't true to the original at all, so they had to cut him.

However, every time your Wii crashes during Brawl, chances are Chuck Norris has caused this.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
This is all very interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on this.
For once, I'm being optimistic and guessing there will be more content on the second layer. I wouldn't mind buying characters like Roy, if they were for sale.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Interestingly enough, it seems that most of the games files are on the first layer of the disk.

It really seems like there might be locked content on the second layer... more and more evidence supporting that. It would make sense, due to the "disappointing" number of characters, assist trophies, and some of the removed items from previous games.

However, it's also possible that the other layer contains engine data and things that are not directly seen in the physical gameplay. However, considering Melee had the engine and all of the content in a 1.5gb disk, why would they need 4.7gb just for the engine.

Additionally, I thought I read somewhere that the total Brawl filesize came to 7.4gb or something along those lines. Had the second layer not been ripped I don't see how that would have been known.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I just noticed that although there is a Port Town stage in Brawl, there's no Port Town music.

Or did I name one of the files wrong? But if not, then WTF?

espio87

Smash Ace
I just noticed that although there is a Port Town stage in Brawl, there's no Port Town music.

Or did I name one of the files wrong? But if not, then WTF?
the music list says these files are in the first layer:
I01 - F-Zero - Mute City
I02 - F-Zero - White Land
I03 - F-Zero - Fire Field
I04 - F-Zero X - Main Menu
I05 - F-Zero X - Silence
I06 - F-Zero X - Devil's Forest
I07 - F-Zero X - White Land
I08 - F-Zero GX - Replay
I09 - F-Zero GX - Vegas Palace
I10 - F-Zero GX - Green Plant
that would mean there's no port town music from F-Zero nor X (which would have rocked if Port town from f-zero x was there). the only logical conclusion is that if there's a music track missing from the f-zero list is from F-zero GX

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
You guys need to stop getting your hopes up. Dual layers don't work like that. He wouldn't "hide" content on the 2nd layer; he's not expecting people to rip and look at the files to begin with. What probably happened is the first layer was filled up, then it spills over to the 2nd. What we can expect on the 2nd layer are SSE cutscenes, perhaps more music, and some boss files. For example, the current ripped .iso crashes at the end of Classic Mode, most likely because it lacks either credit data, Master Hand data, or the last little FMV it plays.

espio87

Smash Ace
You guys need to stop getting your hopes up. Dual layers don't work like that. He wouldn't "hide" content on the 2nd layer; he's not expecting people to rip and look at the files to begin with. What probably happened is the first layer was filled up, then it spills over to the 2nd. What we can expect on the 2nd layer are SSE cutscenes, perhaps more music, and some boss files. For example, the current ripped .iso crashes at the end of Classic Mode, most likely because it lacks either credit data, Master Hand data, or the last little FMV it plays.
I never thought of unlockable data. I only thought that the rest of the pokeballs Ats and music to be there because the first layer was filled up like you said

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Port Town is on F-Zero GX too though, infact, that's what the stage in question is based on.

It would be weird wouldn't it? So much F-Zero music, yet none of them actually belong to the game's F-Zero stage... >.>;

Break

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys, only at 33% right now. The network my university runs on is limiting my download bandwidth so I probably won't be able to say anything on the matter until tomorrow at best.

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
if you go through the files, it has all of the SSE CutScenes as for the music .idk the bosses...it has them too the classic mode thing ... idk

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141779

There is basically no legitimacy to the claims this man makes, but the complete disappearance of content makes no sense. Maybe there is content yet to be activated via timelock, or some kind of future modification to brawl hinted at virally by Nintendo at the demos?

On another note, that remixed SMRPG music has me VERY suspicious.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141779
On another note, that remixed SMRPG music has me VERY suspicious.
Same here. Wish I had actually learned a little written Japanese. At the start in the top left corner has something that seems to indicate what song is playing (it starts with a musical note), but since it's in Japanese I can't really tell.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Not only is the song from SSBB Gameplay Video 99 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNVhnN7kriw)
not in the list of soundtracks (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141013)... Wait... In simple sentences, I guess that means that there is indeed a second layer to be uncovered.

A01 - Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1
A02 - Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2
A03 - Super Mario Brothers - Water Theme
A04 - Super Mario Land - Dungeon Theme
A05 - Super Mario Brothers 3 - Airship Theme
A06 - Super Mario World - Castle Theme
A07 - Super Mario World - Title & Ending
A08 - New Super Mario Brothers - Overworld
A09 - Luigi's Mansion - Theme
A10 - Mario & Luigi 2 - Gritzy Desert
A13 - Super Mario Sunshine - Delfino Plaza
A14 - Super Mario Sunshine - Ricco Harbor
A15 - Super Mario 64 - Bob-Omb Battlefield
A16 - Super Mario Brothers - Overworld Remix
A17 - Mario Brothers - Medley
A20 - Super Mario Kart - Mario Circuit
A21 - Mario Kart 64 - Luigi Raceway
A22 - Mario Kart DS - Waluigi Pinball
A23 - Mario Kart Double Dash - Rainbow Road
Where is the SMRPG Song?

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
The problem is, to our knowledge, A24 does not exist.

Wow. Just when I thought the speculation mill was at rest, it seems we've only seen one side of this coin, so to speak. :)

•Col•

Smash Champion
Sorry guys, only at 33% right now. The network my university runs on is limiting my download bandwidth so I probably won't be able to say anything on the matter until tomorrow at best.
Ugh, I can't wait! Hopefully once it's done, it'll answer some questions... =P

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People have said that the music added was really fake. Supposedly, the katakana in that song title is for the SMW Title/Ending music.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
People have said that the music added was really fake. Supposedly, the katakana in that song title is for the SMW Title/Ending music.
I checked into it further, and it seems to be the exact song from SMRPG with added Mario Paint sounds. Easy forgery to make, though doubtful it was an intentional scam judging by the giant Mario Paint baby sound emblem for a stage.

Top Bottom