• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Crazy Kong With A Funny Face: Lanky Kong for SSB4! -Now with a new Owner.

Would you like Lanky Kong in the next Smash Bros?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I know he isn't the most likely or most wanted Kong, yet lets think about this would anyone be upset if he appeared. I think not, anyways Lanky first made an appearance as a playable character in DK64 and is even a trophy in Brawl. Now lets get to the move-set I made up. Also this isn't a joke character he will fit in well.
Lankey Kong.jpg

Move-set-
Up Special-Balloon Monkey-This his recovery move, Lankey blows up into a balloon and floats works likes Pit's up-special.

Neutral Special-blow-dart grapes-In DK64 all playable characters get a ranged weapons, the most famous being Diddy's peanut popper. Lanky's ranged weapon is blow-dart tube that shoots grapes. This would work like both Diddy's Peanut popper and Fox's blaster. It can be charged up for more power and distance, but it held too long the grape explodes in his face.

Down Special-Handstand ground-pound- works like Bowser's down special. Lanky flips into the air and then pounds the ground with his hands.

Side Special- Handstand Dash- Lanky goes on his hands and charges at opponent, works Fox's Side Special.

AAA- Lanky since he is orangutan has longs, he extends his arms and facepalms opponents on thid hit it repeats.

I can't think of the rest can you guys help.
Signature- Credit to Kikwi-Kiwi

Supporter List's
FireEmblemnier
Kikwi-Kiwi
Diddy Kong
Afrodude

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I love the Kongs of DK64, I think their very underrated. So yes, I'll support Lanky Kong. ^_^

And feel free to use the support sig of you like. With credit to me of course.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I love the Kongs of DK64, I think their very underrated. So yes, I'll support Lanky Kong. ^_^

And feel free to use the support sig of you like. With credit to me of course.
I was just going to just ask you that LOL, I'll put it on the OP

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I was just going to just ask you that LOL, I'll put it on the OP
Alrighty. ;p

Since Lanky has the ability to stretch his arms long distances I would guess he could do some long distance attacks or use his arms to cause his opponents to trip (Not random tripping, tripping like the banana peel and all is what I mean.)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Alrighty. ;p

Since Lanky has the ability to stretch his arms long distances I would guess he could do some long distance attacks or use his arms to cause his opponents to trip (Not random tripping, tripping like the banana peel and all is what I mean.)
I was thinking about for the smash attacks I will add it later, do you got any ideas for FS

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Gee first time I don't check M&SG's characters thread list and it turns out there already is a thread. But yeah, now I remember there actually was. Ah well. Firemblemier could ask for as merge if he likes.
I will since that thread is dead and Creator of it doesn't seem to be on here anymore, also how can I get it merged

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I will since that thread is dead and Creator of it doesn't seem to be on here anymore, also how can I get it merged
Well if the creator has left. I guess you could just take over... Don't quote me on that. I think in order to merge two threads is to just ask a mod to it for you.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I would love Lanky Kong's A moves to be inspired by Dhalism.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I was much more upset we didn't get any Kremlings in DKCR than only three Kongs (as you probably were too BKupa ;)), but I would've liked to see Funky and Candy, if just for nostalgia purposes. Although they really wouldn't be very useful anymore. :laugh:

It also would've been nice to see Dixie and the 64 Kongs in some sort of cameo, but their absence didn't bother me. Maybe some of them will show up in some form when/if we get a DKCR2.

I really don't like non-Rare Kongs. Or any non-Rare DK characters. Xananab was stupid. :rolleyes:
Meh i wont miss them, never really liked them to begin with. The original DKC cast was rather bloated in the end there

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lanky would really be all kinds of amazing. The playstyle he could have would really bring something great into Smash. Am hoping to see him return in a proper DK game one day. And seeing as he returned in Barrel Blast out of nowhere, I have high hopes that they'll give him a suprise revival one day.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also can you make me the owner of the first part of it since it seems the creator hasn't been on in a while, I'll make sure this thread gets the supporters it deserves
Done. I also added your post onto the old thread's primary post, while separating the content that the original thread owner inputted.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lanky's Grape Shooter doesn't has to clone Diddy's Popguns at all. It could be similar, but I also have a hard time picturing explosive grapes from a blowing weapon. It's like, cutting yourself with a bow. :laugh:

Lanky is one sexy mofo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also, Diddy doesn't hurt himself when the Peanut Popgun backfires. At least, not in vBrawl, in Project M it does 5%.

What Lanky especially would need is his DK64 voice.

UPLA!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It's not exlactly like Diddy's just that part, what would happen is the grape slide's down and explodes in his face making it purple, no dame is down to him unless like ProjectM 5%

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyways if anyone wants to be on the Supporters list just comment, also I got idea for alt. colors, in DK64 there is a multiplayer battle mode and all the Kong's have alt. colors with them. I was going to pull up a pic, but I couldn't find one.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
This is something I can absolutely get myself behind. Lanky 4 lyfe :cyclops: I wish he had a chance! He was so hilarious!

volbound1700

Smash Master
He is like the Tails thread I made, both would be awesome adds and both are very unlikely even if Lanky is first party.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As much as i love DK64 & Lanky & Chunky i would want Cranky in before either of them even more than Funky.

Interms of importance and likeable.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
HOOPLA!!!

I wouldn't expect him, but I'd main him if he somehow got in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hup, hup, HOOPLA! Lanky would also definitely be one of my mains if he got it.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yea, when I first got Brawl I remember how happy I was to see how much Diddy's moveset was close to 64, I mained him, then. Also Diddy do you want me to add the challenger Approaching thing to the OP.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah sure no problem use any images you see fit.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Add me as a supporter as well.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Obra Obra Obra Kwaaa!! Looool <3 Lanky

I support him because i like him but i would want K.Rool/Cranky before him.

I dont care for dixie my opnion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still think Lanky is one of the most likely characters to be the 4th Kong in Tropical Freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom