• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Crazy Kong With A Funny Face: Lanky Kong for SSB4! -Now with a new Owner.

Would you like Lanky Kong in the next Smash Bros?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Donkey Kong has been confirmed to always been controlled by Player 1. He is always gonna be on-screen, and you can only play as him in 1 Player Mode to. So anyone as large as Donkey Kong, or like King K.Rool being even larger is out of the question.

So that means, no Funky or King K.Rool for sure.

Kiddy and Lanky seem likely cause Kiddy was the 4th playable Kong in the SNES DKCs. But Kiddy is rather unlikely cause he really isn't popular. He hasn't appeared in forever. Lanky is a lot more popular, and for many the only new Kong in DK64 who's received well. Kiddy is also too similar to Donkey Kong, so to me it makes far more sence Lanky has been hidden for so long because he can actually bring something new to the table.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I still think Lanky is one of the most likely characters to be the 4th Kong in Tropical Freeze.
Me too
What are the options for the 4th character slot in Tropical Freeze? Funky, Cranky, Lanky, Kiddy?
What are the options for the 4th character slot in Tropical Freeze? Funky, Cranky, Lanky, Kiddy?
Also they already stated Funky and Cranky are going to have their usual roles so their out. So it's mainly between a new Kong, Kiddy, or a DK64 character, with Lanky being the most probable. Anyways, I'm glad to see this revived, and it's also a very awesome day for me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I guess Tiny is also a possibility, but with her redesign as being so tall she wouldn´t look as natural piggyriding DK´s back. Plus, Dixie already does the Helicopter Spin, what other abilities can Tiny offer DK besides that? Basically nothing. Dixie was given a Bubblegum Popgun, so it´s likely the other character will use a weapon of sorts to. Chunky is out to, because lolhuge. Kiddy has no weapons, and neither can he float in the air like Diddy can with the Jetpack or Dixie with her Helicopter Spin.

Lanky can do these things. He has the Grape Shooter, and has Baboon Baloon as a way of flying. And if DK would be rolling with Lanky on his back, I imagine Lanky doing his handstand to make DK reach otherwise unreachable areas.

Could be very wrong, but only Lanky would make sence to me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tiny and Chunky where disliked the most in DK64. Tiny for shamelessly being a Dixie replacement, and Chunky cause most felt his powers should´ve been used for DK. And him also being a Kiddy replacement (though this bothered far less people).

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I guess Tiny is also a possibility, but with her redesign as being so tall she wouldn´t look as natural piggyriding DK´s back. Plus, Dixie already does the Helicopter Spin, what other abilities can Tiny offer DK besides that? Basically nothing. Dixie was given a Bubblegum Popgun, so it´s likely the other character will use a weapon of sorts to. Chunky is out to, because lolhuge. Kiddy has no weapons, and neither can he float in the air like Diddy can with the Jetpack or Dixie with her Helicopter Spin.

Lanky can do these things. He has the Grape Shooter, and has Baboon Baloon as a way of flying. And if DK would be rolling with Lanky on his back, I imagine Lanky doing his handstand to make DK reach otherwise unreachable areas.

You are completely right.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, ideally I would take Lanky even before Dixie as the 4th DKC rep in Smash. He would have the most unique playstyle ever, and his range would triumph even Marth and Donkey Kong.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

After reading this, I find the only thing standing in Lanky's way for Tropical Freeze is a new Kong, which is very likely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think the development team of Tropical Freeze already stated it was gonna be a Kong from the previous series though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Good candidate for the next Smash is what most would say. And I would expect some people to say he should replace Dixie, if she ended up being a Diddy clone in this game. Or if K.Rool didn´t got in after all, there would be a small debate on which character would be a better choice between the two.

If it is Lanky however... I would accept him being in before King K.Rool, but would still be dissapointed the King never would get into Smash. As DKC of course does deserve it´s 4 playable characters, but 5 is really pushing it. We would need newcomers from the Mario franchise first, and also Zelda (Impa!). I wouldn´t mind seeing both Lanky and Bandana Dee making it in either in the same time. Same with Krystal / Slippy Toad, and since we´re speaking Toads, add the Mario Toad to.

I would pick Lanky over Dixie myself, but Dixie is just more popular altogheter, so that would just be plain unfair. Same with K.Rool actually, as he´s been a popular request ever since Diddy´s reveal in Brawl. Only way to justify 5 DKC characters is if Diddy and Dixie would pair up, which I doubt will happen. Especially if Dixie would get in by herself in this game.

BUT STILL! If the next Smash had a ****ton of newcomers, Lanky is definitely one to be considered! I just posted a small B moveset in the Project M Clone Engine thread to. Will link it here after the next post.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Good candidate for the next Smash is what most would say. And I would expect some people to say he should replace Dixie, if she ended up being a Diddy clone in this game. Or if K.Rool didn´t got in after all, there would be a small debate on which character would be a better choice between the two.

If it is Lanky however... I would accept him being in before King K.Rool, but would still be dissapointed the King never would get into Smash. As DKC of course does deserve it´s 4 playable characters, but 5 is really pushing it. We would need newcomers from the Mario franchise first, and also Zelda (Impa!). I wouldn´t mind seeing both Lanky and Bandana Dee making it in either in the same time. Same with Krystal / Slippy Toad, and since we´re speaking Toads, add the Mario Toad to.

I would pick Lanky over Dixie myself, but Dixie is just more popular altogheter, so that would just be plain unfair. Same with K.Rool actually, as he´s been a popular request ever since Diddy´s reveal in Brawl. Only way to justify 5 DKC characters is if Diddy and Dixie would pair up, which I doubt will happen. Especially if Dixie would get in by herself in this game.

BUT STILL! If the next Smash had a ****ton of newcomers, Lanky is definitely one to be considered! I just posted a small B moveset in the Project M Clone Engine thread to. Will link it here after the next post.
Yeah, if he's in Tropical Freeze, but not Smash 4, I feel he would make a good candidate for Smash 5 if there is one, and if Lanky is publicized more.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hadn't really considered Lanky a possibility before, but he was always my second favourite Kong after Diddy.

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for his inclusion in Tropical Freeze at the least.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Has anyone considered that the fourth TF Kong might not be an original character, or a DKC holdover at all? I've been thinking about it, and I think it might be Classic Donkey Kong Jr. His theme was used for Golden Palace in the last game, which is already way more lip service than Lanky got.

The ages and all that wouldn't match up, but so? Mario and Baby Mario are both in Double Dash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Double Dash isn't a canon game. DK Jr. would be a terrible idea.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, wouldn't get my hopes up anymore. Cranky is most likely gonna be the 4th playable Kong. Which means that if we ever get 5 DKC characters, Cranky would be chosen above Lanky.

It's a shame, but I guess Cranky is also cool. Was so sure it was gonna be Lanky to... Oh well. Hopefully Lanky will once be considered for another game by Retro?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Make this happen based Nintendo. He and Funky Kong are on another level with their coolness

Toady

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrToadigerr
3DS FC
3480-2729-9032
Switch FC
SW-4465-1459-3015
Well, Lanky got a mention in Tropical Freeze as holding a ranking. I guess that's a plus. I wish they'd include him in more, though. Like it would be really neat even just to have him as a background character in the jungle or something. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom