• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete CSP Compendium

CeLL

Smash Lord
Got some new CSPs for you guys! It was a lazy holiday season but now I feel like getting back into this and doing the rest of the roster. Next I'm going to do the rest of my Marth CSPs (defaults and some more alt costumes) and then I was thinking of doing Captain Falcon or Fox.

1st row: Defaults
2nd row: Brawl Peach, Black and Gold, Hatsune Miku, Purple Peach, Tinkerbell
3rd row: Christmas Peach, Gold and Black, Rosalina, Gardevoir Peach
4th row: NES Peach, Anju, Emo Peach
5th row: Akutsuki Peach, Dawn, Rosalina (no vertex hack)
6th row: Red Peach

Awesome, can you do ones for Alliance and EMP Peach? http://smashboards.com/posts/18372886

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
T4varsity's Doc CSPs still have magenta and green on them when I use them.
That's weird, did you download the tpls and then insert them with the DAT wizard? I tested all of them that way and they worked as expected for me.

Also, sorry for the slow response time but I'll do those Alliance and EMP Peach CSPs really soon!

Edit: lol, DRGN and I are clearly on the same schedule

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
IMO [assuming they're not doing it constantly] it's not a big deal to ask. Granted, this is a fairly short thread, but it's still a good amount to read through for a small piece of information (with no guarantee that it's even in the thread at all). On the other hand, someone might already know just of the top of their head where the info is, and it would take them 2 seconds to grab the link for it if they felt like it (or to just tell them the thread they could look in). One person doing 20 seconds worth of work (totally optionally) to save another doing 20 minutes of work. That's the way I look at it. Though if the info were in the OP I would definitely feel like they didn't read enough (or if there were clearly a guide stickied for it for example). Maybe you could add that link to the OP's FAQ somehow, Veggies DoctorKirby? That video that I think you were referring to was good, but its method is more work than needed now.

Edit: lol, I noticed I'm in the OP as moral support. ...Honestly I feel like tech support, since I keep helping people figure out things that have gone wrong, lol.

Edit 2: lol I meant DoctorKirby, not Veggies.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Please refrain from inserting blanks or other unneeded content in CSP posts. It makes it extra hard for me to fix and looks unprofessional had I forget.

That said, op updated.
216917.png

Deal with it.

CeLL

Smash Lord
EMP peach is so beautiful, makes me so sad that it only goes over regular peach.

I cant put it on my build since that interferes with red team :(

1st world problems...
Can't you just switch all the textures in Melee Toolkit to another color Peach?

Sempai

Smash Ace
Well atm Im trying to create a "sempai" themed Sheik and Marth

But ill try that and get back to ya.

And I got to get those jiggs and mew2 csp alts done.

God dammit smash. Making me work so hard :p

DRGN

Technowizard
Can you link to the texture(s) you're getting that with? It looks like it's a problem with the palette. Also you could post the messed up dat file.

As a test, get a new unmodified dat and try only putting in just that one fox and see if that works. It's possible that something done previously to that dat could've caused it.

Sempai

Smash Ace
Can you link to the texture(s) you're getting that with? It looks like it's a problem with the palette. Also you could post the messed up dat file.

As a test, get a new unmodified dat and try only putting in just that one fox and see if that works. It's possible that something done previously to that dat could've caused it.
I put in the 4 foxes into a vanilla build and it worked perfectly.

So... thats not good.

DRGN

Technowizard
Well it at least means you narrowed down the problem. You must have overwritten the fox CSPs in the past (using incorrect offsets perhaps) and didn't notice 'till now.

Sempai

Smash Ace
Well it at least means you narrowed down the problem. You must have overwritten the fox CSPs in the past (using incorrect offsets perhaps) and didn't notice 'till now.
Yah i basically began updated the new ICS, peach and samus CSPS.
i did all those, and figured Id update fox.

The first 3 characters worked perfectly, but fox got messed up.

So how would I go about fixing this?

EDIT: sad too, was only those last 4 csps away from finishing my melee build :(

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Yah i basically began updated the new ICS, peach and samus CSPS.
i did all those, and figured Id update fox.

The first 3 characters worked perfectly, but fox got messed up.

So how would I go about fixing this?

EDIT: sad too, was only those last 4 csps away from finishing my melee build :(
Just double check that your offsets are correct and do them again. If you still have problems, try doing them in smaller groups or one at a time to isolate which texture/offset is wrong.

Sempai

Smash Ace
So I have injected the exact same files in the exact same offsets on 2 different builds.

The vanilla works fine, my modded doesnt.

On my modded version, no fox csps work at all.

Sempai

Smash Ace
UIBWECUQCUBQWCC@#?3@??@#%^@%^?@?^?

ITS WAS THE GC-TOOL ALL ALONG!??!?!?

Sorry...after 10 hours straight of the same problem... it tends to wear on you.

Make sure your using the most updated version of GC-tool fellas.

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
EMP peach has 256 colors and toolkit says it can only 255.

Trying to move it over daisy peach or white

Dont know if this is possible
I wouldn't recommend doing it over Daisy, because she has a different model so you'll have to make your own textures for her arms/gloves, earrings, and a couple other things. It should work to do it over White Peach but this method isn't always perfect because the different costume files aren't always set up exactly the same. If some textures have 256 colors in the neutral Peach file but need to have 255 in another one, you'll just have to take them into photoshop/GIMP and change them yourself

Aelo

Smash Rookie
All these CSPs are looking amazing. I'll definetely have to look more into their creation because I also want to contribute to the thread. I have plenty of experience when it comes to Project M modding but Melee is definetely a more complex enviroment and I really like that. It makes modding and customizing the game even better.

The way I edited CSPs was by painting over them in Photoshop, or recoloring them by layers. It was a real pain...

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Is it known why some custom CSPs get squished vertically?

Example:

I would really to use all the amazing default redo CSPs T4Varsity has made, but the only CSPs I've been able to get to come out nonsquished are stock-esque ones such as:

Thanks for any inputs anyone can give on this :)

Last edited:

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Is Melee Toolkit able to replace CSP files ?
Or do you have to use DTW because of the offsets thing ?

I think I know the answer but I might as well ask ;)

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, I thought for a moment I would be able to avoid hex editing, not that I'm not familiar with it, more because I'm lazy ;)

Thank you for your quick answer ;)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Thank you, I thought for a moment I would be able to avoid hex editing, not that I'm not familiar with it, more because I'm lazy ;)

Thank you for your quick answer ;)
You don't have to do any hex editing with the texture wizard anyway. You just give it the hex offsets to make the replacements (which in the case of CSPs, Steelia already mapped out), and then it does it all for you.

It's a good idea to get familiar with hex editing, though. If you're weird like me, you'll eventually find it to be fascinating and quite fun.

Top Bottom