• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete CSP Compendium

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
Good news: we don't actually need TPLs for CSPs anymore. Just create a PNG with a palette and replacement colors, like this:
And you're good to go. Give that and the offset to DAT Texture Wizard and it'll handle the rest. ^_^
This is great in terms of sharing the CSPs that I make, but unfortunately doesn't help me add my own since the DAT wizard still uses your Batch script when you give it a PNG. I just tested it out and it works when I give it a TPL, but crashed when I gave it a PNG. Side question -- when using the DAT wizard for CSPs, what's the best way to figure out the offset for the palette? Since I was just testing it, I just went into my hex editor and pasted the image data at the offset I got from Steelia's placement file and got the address right after the pasted data, but that can't be the most efficient way. Is the image data in a TPL for a CSP always that exact length?

Another question since we both use GIMP and I want to start making my CSPs available for everyone to use: What's your method for converting to 256 colors and creating a palette? Or by "PNG with a palette" do you just mean a PNG that only has 256 colors? Do you just use Image --> Mode --> Indexed and set it to 256 colors?

Edit: Like this?

Do you know how to install gimp plug-ins already?
I do not. What does your plugin do?

p.s. Thank you for all of your hard work writing these programs and helping people understand them! You're a melee hacking hero

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
This is great in terms of sharing the CSPs that I make, but unfortunately doesn't help me add my own since the DAT wizard still uses your Batch script when you give it a PNG. I just tested it out and it works when I give it a TPL, but crashed when I gave it a PNG. Side question -- when using the DAT wizard for CSPs, what's the best way to figure out the offset for the palette? Since I was just testing it, I just went into my hex editor and pasted the image data at the offset I got from Steelia's placement file and got the address right after the pasted data, but that can't be the most efficient way. Is the image data in a TPL for a CSP always that exact length?

Another question since we both use GIMP and I want to start making my CSPs available for everyone to use: What's your method for converting to 256 colors and creating a palette? Or by "PNG with a palette" do you just mean a PNG that only has 256 colors? Do you just use Image --> Mode --> Indexed and set it to 256 colors?

I do not. What does your plugin do?

p.s. Thank you for all of your hard work writing these programs and helping people understand them! You're a melee hacking hero
Haha, thanks. Nice thing to see while on break from a somewhat irksome day at work.

Well, it doesn't actually use the batch script, but it does use wimgt.exe through a "subprocess" method that makes a call through a GUI-less windows command line interface. Didn't think of that. I've never done any programming or scripting on a mac, but I know I can have the program detect the host platform, so maybe I can make a new terminal interface to wimgt that the program will switch to when it detects it's running on a mac.

What do you mean by finding the offset for the palette when using the wizard? You don't typically need to give the program an offset for the palette (only for really rare cases, which are noted in Steelia's placements files). You shouldn't need to set those offsets for any CSPs.

For palettes, I mean it really has a palette (so if you go to the colormap dialog you'll see the colors that the image has been given). And, yeah, I use Image --> Mode --> Indexed to create the palette. But the highest quality method is to create a palette of 254 colors, and then manually add the last two of magenta (FF00FF) and lime green (00FF00). This way the algorithms for generating the colors that we'll actually see will do a slightly better job.

I'm just about it out of time for now, but I'll be back later to get to your other questions. ^_^

Can someone fix the links for Goxplexs fox, I can only click on the first 2, the blue fox csp overlaps 2 of the other normal skins.
The links for those are here.

Last edited:

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
Haha, thanks. Nice thing to see while on break from a somewhat irksome day at work.

Well, it doesn't actually use the batch script, but it does use wimgt.exe through a "subprocess" method that makes a call through a GUI-less windows command line interface. Didn't think of that. I've never done any programming or scripting on a mac, but I know I can have the program detect the host platform, so maybe I can make a new terminal interface to wimgt that the program will switch to when it detects it's running on a mac.

What do you mean by finding the offset for the palette when using the wizard? You don't typically need to give the program an offset for the palette (only for really rare cases, which are noted in Steelia's placements files). You shouldn't need to set those offsets for any CSPs.

For palettes, I mean it really has a palette (so if you go to the colormap dialog you'll see the colors that the image has been given). And, yeah, I use Image --> Mode --> Indexed to create the palette. But the highest quality method is to create a palette of 254 colors, and then manually add the last two of magenta (FF00FF) and lime green (00FF00). This way the algorithms for generating the colors that we'll actually see will do a slightly better job.

I'm just about it out of time for now, but I'll be back later to get to your other questions. ^_^

The links for those are here.
Hmm, on second look it seems like the issue is probably with running wimgt.exe itself. When I try to give the DAT wizard a PNG, it freezes with the "Write textures into DAT" button pushed down, waits for a while and then tells me that wimgt.exe encountered a problem and had to close. The same thing happens when I run wimgt.exe directly, the task manager says it's running for a while (nothing happens that I can see) and then it crashes after a little while.

And that's good news that you don't need the offset for the palette, from the instructions it sounded like I needed to give each TPL an offset like 0df440:0e5820. It does work correctly when you give it this input btw.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
wait we have to make the magenta and lime colors for the tpl converter to work? i didnt see anything like that on the main post melee texture tools or w/e
if thats the case all my tpls probably won't work

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
wait we have to make the magenta and lime colors for the tpl converter to work? i didnt see anything like that on the main post melee texture tools or w/e
if thats the case all my tpls probably won't work
I think you only need the Magenta and Lime if you're feeding it a PNG. If you already made it into a TPL then you can have the magenta and lime or transparency and shadow. I know that at least your Dark Mario TPL works.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I think you only need the Magenta and Lime if you're feeding it a PNG. If you already made it into a TPL then you can have the magenta and lime or transparency and shadow. I know that at least your Dark Mario TPL works.
Yeah I did feed it PNGs. Dark Mario didn't have any magenta or lime. Interesting.

DRGN

Technowizard
You can give DAT Texture Wizard an image with or without the replacement magenta/lime green for both TPLs or PNG, and it will work. And it doesn't matter whether you give it a TPL or PNG. However, using the replacement magenta/lime green colors is recommended because you'll typically get a better quality image. Basically because the bigger fancier programs do a slightly better job at figuring out what colors to use and how to "mix" (dither) them. You could always try both and compare. For one test I did there was a pretty noticeable difference (I think it was one of the Foxes), but for another test (with Zelda's original white) it wasn't really clear which was better. The determining factor on how big of a difference there is between the methods is probably how diverse the colors are in the CSP. For example, Pikachu is mostly all just one color, so probably neither method would have to work very hard to reduce him down to a 254 colors. But something with more diversity or complexity might make a bigger difference.

Hmm, on second look it seems like the issue is probably with running wimgt.exe itself. When I try to give the DAT wizard a PNG, it freezes with the "Write textures into DAT" button pushed down, waits for a while and then tells me that wimgt.exe encountered a problem and had to close. The same thing happens when I run wimgt.exe directly, the task manager says it's running for a while (nothing happens that I can see) and then it crashes after a little while.
Interesting. I would have thought the cmd interface would have failed on mac. Also, wimgt would be much harder to fix since I don't think the source code for that is public. It's possible to decompile, but I've never done that, and I've heard it's not always fully successful. Did you try running it with or without commands?

And that's good news that you don't need the offset for the palette, from the instructions it sounded like I needed to give each TPL an offset like 0df440:0e5820. It does work correctly when you give it this input btw.
Ya, I expect it would. Hmm. I probably need to make that clearer then in the guide somehow. Basically it's only needed when the palette is separate from the image data in the .dat/.usd. That's why I just left it up to saying that instances when you need it are pointed out in Steelia's placements files (which, I think they usually are). I think they're pretty rare so luckily I don't think people will run into them very often.

Edit:
Edit: Like this?
Close. Though I can tell you replaced existing colors with the magenta and lime green, rather than add them after generating the palette. Not a big deal though, but more importantly, those aren't the exact magenta and lime green colors, which means they wont be replaced by the wizard. Magenta should be ff00ff, while lime green is 00ff00. Yours are fd05ff and 0cff00, respectively.

Last edited:

Sempai

Smash Ace
Ive had problems with, idk if its the tpl to png converter or not but... Sometimes the shadows dont appear.

For example on falco, I get the original and green fine but there are no shadows oon red and blue. Same with the colored docs.

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. I would have thought the cmd interface would have failed on mac. Also, wimgt would be much harder to fix since I don't think the source code for that is public. It's possible to decompile, but I've never done that, and I've heard it's not always fully successful. Did you try running it with or without commands?
Hahah yeah, sometimes I'm surprised by the things Wine can do without using actual emulation. What do you mean by running it with/without commands? I've only tried wimgt.exe by giving a PNG to the DAT wizard and by double-clicking on wimgt.exe itself.

Close. Though I can tell you replaced existing colors with the magenta and lime green, rather than add them after generating the palette. Not a big deal though, but more importantly, those aren't the exact magenta and lime green colors, which means they wont be replaced by the wizard. Magenta should be ff00ff, while lime green is 00ff00. Yours are fd05ff and 0cff00, respectively.
That's really interesting, I bet it's because I put in the magenta and lime before changing to indexed mode, and the algorithm to create an optimum palette probably chose colors that were just a little different. I did start with ff00ff and 00ff00. How can you tell that I didn't add magenta and lime to the palette (just curious)?

I think I did this one a little better, it should have the right colors and I put it in indexed mode with 254 colors then added magenta and lime to the palette. GIMP was being really annoying about adding the current FG color to the colormap though, is there any trick to it?

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Ok, here's my GIMP plug-in, which should help a lot on these matters.

python-fu-finish-csp.py

The way it works is like this: say you're at the stage of editing where you have your character with a transparent background, with no palette (RGBA), like this:

Notice that there's no shadow, only the characters. (You can ignore the black layers called "original", those aren't shadows, they're just part of my method for creating edges on a subject that are crisp yet aliased.)

So you click on the CSPs menu, as seen above, and then on Add Shadow and Save (you can also press ALT + P, and then A). You'll get a prompt so you can choose where to save it, and to set the file name. Or you can leave the fields blank if you don't want it to save. And there are toggles for whether you want it to do a "Reference" image (meaning regular transparent background, with a regular partially transparent black shadow), a TPL version of the image (using magenta & lime green replacement colors), or both.

When you click OK, if you have it set to do everything, it will do the following:

- Remove all unused/hidden layers (this is important if you're doing this manually too, btw)
- Create a partially transparent shadow background, offset 10px down and 10px to the left
- Save it as the "Reference" version (with "Ref-" prefixed to the filename.)
- Remove that shadow layer after it's done saving
- Create a palette for the image, with 254 colors
- Add magenta and lime green to the palette , so it now = 256 colors
- Create a new shadow layer that's lime green and offset like the first
- Create a magenta background
- Save the composite of these layers for your TPL version of the image
- Group all of the actions above into one undo state

If you have all of your different costumes saved as layers, like in my screenshot, then you can just hit CTRL + Z to undo all of what just happened, then make the next costume visible instead, and repeat. Super handy. All-in-all, this is even faster than if all you tried to do was use the Export function in gimp JUST to save it as a PNG!

Go to the folder "C:\Users\[your_user_name]\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins", and copy the .py file into here. The 2.8 in that path is the version of GIMP, so yours might be different. After putting anything here, you'll need to restart GIMP if it's open for it to take effect.

GIMP has two languages that can be used with it: Script Fu (a variant of Scheme), and Python-Fu. Script Fu always comes built-in. But python (which is what I wrote this in) doesn't for older versions, and can optionally be left out even on newer ones. Not sure what the default option is. (I used to use Script Fu for all my plugins, but I've moved on, since python actually has a sane syntax and is more powerful.) So it might not show up right away; you might have to install python with your version of GIMP. If you have a menu option of Filters --> Python-Fu --> Console, then you should already have python installed. If not, you should be able to google how to install python for gimp.

Hahah yeah, sometimes I'm surprised by the things Wine can do without using actual emulation. What do you mean by running it with/without commands? I've only tried wimgt.exe by giving a PNG to the DAT wizard and by double-clicking on wimgt.exe itself.
It's normally run from command line with arguments. For example "wimgt.exe version" would give you the version of the program. Though even running it without arguments should work (it would just show you some info and not crash). When you were trying to run wimgt by itself were you running it from Terminal or Wine?

That's really interesting, I bet it's because I put in the magenta and lime before changing to indexed mode, and the algorithm to create an optimum palette probably chose colors that were just a little different. I did start with ff00ff and 00ff00. How can you tell that I didn't add magenta and lime to the palette (just curious)?
Yeah, that makes sense. I looked at the indexes of the colors in the colormap dialog; they were in arbitrary places rather than at the end.

Side note: DAT Texture Wizard searches for these colors in the palette backwards. So having these colors at the end of the table is the most efficient! ^_^ Haha, it's not like we'd ever notice such a performance difference though, of course. Just sayin'. lol

I think I did this one a little better, it should have the right colors and I put it in indexed mode with 254 colors then added magenta and lime to the palette. GIMP was being really annoying about adding the current FG color to the colormap though, is there any trick to it?
Yep. Looks good! The cut-off with the shadow isn't noticeable in this case because the name entry covers it up. In the future you can avoid it though by not clipping/cropping the edges of the layers (so only the canvas size is adjusted, if that makes sense). As for adding the FG color to the colormap, I think I remember sometimes I had to click the button twice, but that was about it. Using my plug-in makes it so you don't have to deal with that though. :p

Ive had problems with, idk if its the tpl to png converter or not but... Sometimes the shadows dont appear.

For example on falco, I get the original and green fine but there are no shadows oon red and blue. Same with the colored docs.
Pretty sure it's the images. The shadows on those are a little odd.

Last edited:

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
I made some more things! If someone would be willing to plug these into the PNG to TPL converter and post the TPLs here for me, I would really appreciate it.

1st row: Defaults
2nd row: Brawl, Mage, Evil ICs, Minun and Plusle
3rd row: Yin and Yang

For some reason the shadow for Mage Ice Climbers is a little bit different, I tried re-doing it a few times and always got the same result. Since it's just the shadow, I think I'm just going to leave it alone for now.

Last edited:

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
I made some more things! If someone would be willing to plug these into the PNG to TPL converter and post the TPLs here for me, I would really appreciate it.

For some reason the shadow for Mage Ice Climbers is a little bit different, I tried re-doing it a few times and always got the same result. Since it's just the shadow, I think I'm just going to leave it alone for now.
I also converted your Falco CSP to TPL some weeks ago, but just the original colors. I made these with the old method though, so I don't know if these are usable with DAT texture wizard.

NOTE: All these CSPs were made by T4varsity, I just converted them.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Did the plug-in help?

Also I wanted to point out that the file names don't have texture IDs in them. Meaning the placements file won't work with them. Obviously you can still write them into MnSlChr just fine. It just means anyone doing so will have to know and write in the offsets manually. But why not make that automated, m i rite?

Last edited:

Sempai

Smash Ace
Did the plug-in help?

Also I wanted to point out that the file names don't have texture IDs in them. Meaning the placements file won't work with them. Obviously you can still write them into MnSlChr just fine. It just means anyone doing so will have to know and write in the offsets manually. But why not make that automated, m i rite?
Who is this message aimed towards?

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much!

I just finished converting all of my Falco and Doc CSPs to paletted PNGs, so they're ready to give to the PNG-to-TPL converter or straight to the DAT wizard. Again if someone wouldn't mind plugging these into the PNG-to-TPL for me, that would be really great. I'm going to borrow my girlfriend's PC soon so that I can do it myself, but for now I'll have to rely on you guys.

@ DRGN DRGN I haven't installed your plugin yet but it looks great! I'll probably use that to get my Marth and Ness CSPs into the right format. So you're saying if the file names have the texID and file type, I just have to give the DAT wizard Steelia's placement file and it will do the offsets automatically? That's pretty awesome, I'll start uploading these with the right filenames then.

FALCO!
2nd row: Pink/White, SS Falku, Shiny Wargle, Zombie (w/ scar)
3rd row: Dark Falco, Brasil Falco, Cockatoo, Pidgey

Doctor Mario
2nd row: Zombie, Prof. Oak, Sunshine Doc, Riddler, Formal Doc
3rd row: Brawl Doc, Fire Doc, Akutsuki Doc, Retro Doc, Cool Doc
4th row: Red Crimson Doc

DRGN

Technowizard
Who is this message aimed towards?
Hehe, sorry, I was referring to the ICies CSPs that were just done.

Thank you so much!

I just finished converting all of my Falco and Doc CSPs to paletted PNGs, so they're ready to give to the PNG-to-TPL converter or straight to the DAT wizard. Again if someone wouldn't mind plugging these into the PNG-to-TPL for me, that would be really great. I'm going to borrow my girlfriend's PC soon so that I can do it myself, but for now I'll have to rely on you guys.

@ DRGN DRGN I haven't installed your plugin yet but it looks great! I'll probably use that to get my Marth and Ness CSPs into the right format. So you're saying if the file names have the texID and file type, I just have to give the DAT wizard Steelia's placement file and it will do the offsets automatically? That's pretty awesome, I'll start uploading these with the right filenames then.

FALCO!
2nd row: Pink/White, SS Falku, Shiny Wargle, Zombie (w/ scar)
3rd row: Dark Falco, Brasil Falco, Cockatoo, Pidgey

Doctor Mario
2nd row: Zombie, Prof. Oak, Sunshine Doc, Riddler, Formal Doc
3rd row: Brawl Doc, Fire Doc, Akutsuki Doc, Retro Doc, Cool Doc
4th row: Red Crimson Doc

Lookin' good!

And as for the texture IDs/placements file: yes, that's pretty much it. However I (or "we" if others want to pitch in) still need to finish writing the placements file. But when it's done, we can just include a copy of it with the CSP packs, or put a copy of the file in the OP so anyone can download it (or copy/paste it, since it's just a text file).

Of course, many image upload services rename the files. e.g. your "cool doc" above is "mK8Hjwi.png". Which just means unless you find something else you may have to put your images into a .zip file to upload them so they keep the names you give them. If you want to do that though I'll pull them down and convert the images and reupload them for you. Here's some notes on the placements file and naming convention:

Fox example in Steelia's original placements file:

41 - 0014ba40 ~*FOX

It would be broken down like this:

Green is the "offset". It's an address in a file; the important piece of info that says where the texture actually exists in the file.
Orange is a folder ID. If you've downloaded one of Steelia's texture packs (such as the one for CSPs), you'll notice that each texture is in its own folder. Set-ups like this are the only time this is needed. Basically it's used to check the folder number, and look at the offset next to it to find out where in the file (in this case MnSlChr.usd) the texture goes.
Blue is just a note. It's not needed for DAT Texture Wizard, but is helpful for when people read the file.

So, the only data association going on here is folder ID to offset. That's fine if you have each texture in it's own folder. But what if all of the textures are just sitting together in one folder? There's no distinction to them anymore. That's where using the "Texture ID" comes in. The texture ID is an unique ID that Dolphin creates when it dumps the image, and adds it as the second part of the file name. For example, the file name that Dolphin creates for Zelda's neutral costume CSP is "GALE01_a2621911_9.png". So in other words (or colors):

GALE01_a2621911_9.png

Game ID, texture ID, image type.

So instead of using folder names, DAT Texture Wizard can look at the file name to determine what image it's supposed to be, which it then looks up in the placements file. So that ID is what needs to be added to the line in the placements file. That's done by adding another section, separated by dashes. I don't know what the texture ID is for Fox's default costume, but if it was _01234567, then you would add it to his line like this:

41 - _01234567 - 0014ba40 ~*FOX

(The sections could actually be in any order, but consistency is nice because it makes the files easy to read.)
That was probably a longer explanation than you needed, but at least it probably makes a little bit more sense now, lol.
tl;dr - the file name just needs the texture ID and image type. The part can prefixing that can be changed however you like. e.g. "randomText_a2621911_9.png", or for one of the Zelda ones I did: "Zelda-Sheik-Midna(Blue)_53cf370a_9.tpl"

Last edited:

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
Hehe, sorry, I was referring to the ICies CSPs that were just done.

Lookin' good!

And as for the texture IDs/placements file: yes, that's pretty much it. However I (or "we" if others want to pitch in) still need to finish writing the placements file. But when it's done, we can just include a copy of it with the CSP packs, or put a copy of the file in the OP so anyone can download it (or copy/paste it, since it's just a text file).

Of course, many image upload services rename the files. e.g. your "cool doc" above is "mK8Hjwi.png". Which just means unless you find something else you may have to put your images into a .zip file to upload them so they keep the names you give them. If you want to do that though I'll pull them down and convert the images and reupload them for you. Here's some notes on the placements file and naming convention:

tl;dr - the file name just needs the texture ID and image type. The part can prefixing that can be changed however you like. e.g. "randomText_a2621911_9.png", or for one of the Zelda ones I did: "Zelda-Sheik-Midna(Blue)_53cf370a_9.tpl"
Where do I find the texture ID, or am I supposed to write any id I want?

When I converted the ICs CSPs I just added a random filename but following the scheme that your Sheik CSPs had. For example, I named the neutral ICs CSP 'ics_neutral_9', modified the placements file, and it worked perfeclty in both of your programs.

DRGN

Technowizard
Where do I find the texture ID, or am I supposed to write any id I want?

When I converted the ICs CSPs I just added a random filename but following the scheme that your Sheik CSPs had. For example, I named the neutral ICs CSP 'ics_neutral_9', modified the placements file, and it worked perfeclty in both of your programs.
The texture ID is a unique hash in the filename that Dolphin creates when you dump the texture.

Yeah, you could use something else instead, but the texture ID is something that could be a standard for anyone who would want to do hacks on that texture in the future. So someone could just dump a texture, edit it, then give it (and a standard placements file) to the wizard without having to open the placements file or even rename the texture, and yet have the offset automatically set.

I'm thinking I could even include placements files in the download for DAT Texture Wizard. Like a folder called "Offset Archive" or "Placements", that DTW automatically looks in to automatically set known offsets. That way people can add their own files to that folder too.

Last edited:

Sempai

Smash Ace
Does anybody have a GCT with Dpad load SSS but still has results screen , like T4varsity mentioned?

Also, DRGN, just used your GIMP plugin after fixing the image up in photoshop, worked like a charm :p

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Does anybody have a GCT with Dpad load SSS but still has results screen , like T4varsity mentioned?

Also, DRGN, just used your GIMP plugin after fixing the image up in photoshop, worked like a charm :p
Cool. So you did initial editing in photoshop, then transferred it over to GIMP? Sounds like a bit of a hassle, haha. Oh well, glad it helped! I know it sure as heck helps me.

Sempai

Smash Ace
I know how to use photoshop, and Im a complete noob in GIMP lol.

So DRGN, do you have a DOL mod with load Stage select screen that doesnt bypass results?

DRGN

Technowizard
Yeah, some of GIMP's stuff is kinda odd to learn. :p But I've also found features with it that I REALLY like that Photoshop doesn't offer. (plus I can script with it! I can even create plug-ins that are called from command line or batch scripts, with arguments. So it's pretty powerful stuff.)

I'm not sure what you mean. The only DOLs I have are ones I edited like this:

Debug Menu replaces Tournament Mode
1.02 ------ 0x22A218 ---- 3800001B -> 38000006 ---- (li r0,27 -> li r0,6)
----------- 0x229224 ---- 3800002C -> 3800001B ---- (li r0,44 -> li r0,27)

Unlock All Characters & Stages & Random Stage Select
1.02 ------ 0x1614A8 ---- A0BF0000 -> 38A007FF ---- (lhz r5,0(r31) -> li r5,2047)
----------- 0x16109C ---- A0BF0000 -> 38A007FF ---- (lhz r5,0(r31) -> li r5,2047)
----------- 0x170160 ---- A0BF0000 -> 38A007FF ---- (lhz r5,0(r31) -> li r5,2047)

Debug Menu Default Language
1.02 ------ 0x3F725B ------- 00 -> ??

Values:
00 - Japanese
01 - US English
02 - UK English (PAL Only)
03 - German (PAL Only)
04 - French (PAL Only)
05 - Italian (PAL Only)

Default Settings:
Time match time limit: None
Stage Selection: Random
Item Frequency: None
Rumble for all players: off
Deflicker?: on (0x3D1A75) Default = 01 (on). Off = 00
Yoshi's Story is only stage (11100000 00000000 00000000 00010000 -> E0000010)

Yoshi's Story - Disabled Fly Guy Spawns
1.02 ------ 0x1DFF28 ---- 480000D1 -> 60000000 ---- (bl 0xD0 -> nop)

Dreamland 64 - Disabled Wind
[Zauron]
1.02 ------ 0x20E024 ---- 4800059C -> 60000000 ---- (b 0x59C -> nop)

And

C-stick in 1P Mode
Debug Menu added(replaces Tournament Mode, which is now under "Special Melee")
Debug Menu default language set to English
Normal C-Stick in Develop Mode
Taunt Canceling

Match type: Stock
Stock count: 4
Stock time limit: 8 min.
Friendly-Fire On

Disabled wind in Dreamland 64 Stage

Donkey Kong - Giant Punch cannot be lost during Up+B
Samus - Charge Shot cannot be lost during Up+B
Mr. Game & Watch - N/B/U-Aerials L-Cancelable, U-Air Lag Bug Fix

CeLL

Smash Lord
I know how to use photoshop, and Im a complete noob in GIMP lol.

So DRGN, do you have a DOL mod with load Stage select screen that doesnt bypass results?
I've seen you ask this a couple places. You mean that you want to be able to load the SSS with dpad up, but still see the results screen?

Sempai

Smash Ace
Sheik prototype by me for those who dont need/want zelda. Thoughts?
sheik trial.png
sheik trial gimpGALE01_bef94e37_9.png

Also, I was thinking with all the tools DRGN has given us, we should at least be able to get a victory pose for each member of the roster by say, end of the week. Eventually all 3. Ill be doing my part and start filling this thread with poses for untouched characters.

Im thinking starting with Samus, Jiggs, Peach and Mewtwo.

Last edited:

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
The texture ID is a unique hash in the filename that Dolphin creates when you dump the texture.

Yeah, you could use something else instead, but the texture ID is something that could be a standard for anyone who would want to do hacks on that texture in the future. So someone could just dump a texture, edit it, then give it (and a standard placements file) to the wizard without having to open the placements file or even rename the texture, and yet have the offset automatically set.

I'm thinking I could even include placements files in the download for DAT Texture Wizard. Like a folder called "Offset Archive" or "Placements", that DTW automatically looks in to automatically set known offsets. That way people can add their own files to that folder too.
Actually I don't think this plan for using texIDs will work, I was just playing around with my ICs CSPs and got completely different IDs for the same CSPs when I dumped them at different times. First I used the texIDs from when I dumped the vanilla CSPs a couple weeks ago, and the neutral CSP's ID was _fa015ab5. I put these IDs in the file names and in my placement txt file to insert my CSPs and it worked perfectly, but then I dumped those so I could have PNG versions, and the neutral CSP's ID was _7c908f87. Then I put a vanilla MnSlChr.usd into my ISO and dumped again, and the neutral CSP's ID was _9f00ec54.

I still think having standardized texIDs would be really convenient and helpful, but we should just make our own and include them in the instructions for how to use the DAT wizard. That way we could also have names that make sense instead of random characters, so the placement lines could look like this:

51 - _GreenICs - 0018b640 ~Green Popo, Tan Nana {Ice Climbers}

And the file names could be Vanilla_GreenICs_9.tpl or Mage_GreenICs_9.tpl.

Edit: Looks like for now, the DAT wizard only works with texIDs that are <= 8 characters in length, so I'm just using the character file naming conventions, i.e. _FcRe for red Falco and _DrBk for black Doc.

Last edited:

Sempai

Smash Ace
Actually I don't think this plan for using texIDs will work, I was just playing around with my ICs CSPs and got completely different IDs for the same CSPs when I dumped them at different times. First I used the texIDs from when I dumped the vanilla CSPs a couple weeks ago, and the neutral CSP's ID was _fa015ab5. I put these IDs in the file names and in my placement txt file to insert my CSPs and it worked perfectly, but then I dumped those so I could have PNG versions, and the neutral CSP's ID was _7c908f87. Then I put a vanilla MnSlChr.usd into my ISO and dumped again, and the neutral CSP's ID was _9f00ec54.

I still think having standardized texIDs would be really convenient and helpful, but we should just make our own and include them in the instructions for how to use the DAT wizard. That way we could also have names that make sense instead of random characters, so the placement lines could look like this:

Ive found this as well, but even though you get different values it still works plugging them back in, at least for me.

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
@Doctor Kirby, what's your preferred format for submitting CSPs for the OP of this thread? I have PNGs and TPLs ready for Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, and Falco now. Should I just post separate links to each one or a big .zip? Also if someone could tell me how to post a picture that links to something else, I could do that for each costume

DRGN

Technowizard

Edit: Looks like for now, the DAT wizard only works with texIDs that are <= 8 characters in length
That's not a bad idea. I just don't like that it introduces another step for hacking a texture, i. e. looking up what identifier is used and then renaming the file to match before giving it to the wizard.

I knew there were cases where the TexID could be different, but I thought it was only from using different graphics backends (e.g. Direct3D11). I addressed my concerns on this for this very purpose here. Basically, I figured that there would still only be a few different IDs for any given texture, so worst case scenario would be to include each in the one placements line (e.g. 42 - _00000001 - _00000002 - 01234567 . But that might be too much info to gather. Idk. If it were ideally crowd sourced, then we'd have one list that's shared back and forth and updated to include any newly seen texIDs. Eventually, people wouldn't have to update it. I think this would be fine if there are only two different possible IDs. Maybe even three would be doable. But any more than that would probably start getting ridiculous.

achilles also had some interesting ideas here.

And yeah, that <= 8 characters thing is an intentional failsafe to not grab other notes or the wrong data by mistake. It could certainly be changed though.

Did you change your graphics between getting those different IDs?

@Doctor Kirby, what's your preferred format for submitting CSPs for the OP of this thread? I have PNGs and TPLs ready for Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, and Falco now. Should I just post separate links to each one or a big .zip? Also if someone could tell me how to post a picture that links to something else, I could do that for each costume
Just wrap your image in url tag. So, using the buttons, just select your image and hit the link button.

Sheik prototype by me for those who dont need/want zelda. Thoughts?
View attachment 32830 View attachment 32829

Also, I was thinking with all the tools DRGN has given us, we should at least be able to get a victory pose for each member of the roster by say, end of the week. Eventually all 3. Ill be doing my part and start filling this thread with poses for untouched characters.

Im thinking starting with Samus, Jiggs, Peach and Mewtwo.
I had ideas for Samus/Peach, so I could do them if that's cool.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
What DRGN said:
Code:
[url=www.google.com][img]http://imgur.com/lol[/img][/url]
Also, you tagged the wrong guy. :3

e~ That's actually really creepy being that he joined SB 3 days after I did. I should arrange getting premium so I can fix my name. It should be "Doqtor Kirby" but it's not because I can't change it because I need premium. Someone want to gift me a week of premium please? :3

Last edited:

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
What DRGN said:
Code:
[url=www.google.com][img]http://imgur.com/lol[/img][/url]
Also, you tagged the wrong guy. :3

e~ That's actually really creepy being that he joined SB 3 days after I did. I should arrange getting premium so I can fix my name. It should be "Doqtor Kirby" but it's not because I can't change it because I need premium. Someone want to gift me a week of premium please? :3
Haha oops! Anyway I'll probably post all of my CSPs w/ tpls tomorrow.

Did you change your graphics between getting those different IDs?
Nope, it was the same the whole time. And actually today I was inserting all of my CSPs and then dumping the textures to get PNG versions, and every time I changed the CSP it gave me a different texture ID. I think it must generate them based on the actual image data, not just where it's located. So I guess it would be ok to use 2 or 3 different texture IDs in the placements file based on the different graphics options (taking the texID when a vanilla CSP is dumped), it just wouldn't work if someone were to dump a non-vanilla CSP, edit it, and then try to give it right back to the DAT wizard.

Just wrap your image in url tag. So, using the buttons, just select your image and hit the link button.
Thank you! Couldn't find this anywhere

Sempai

Smash Ace
So to properly upload, do I need to have them on a site like mediafire? Since I cant post more than 3 images at once.

Last edited:
Top Bottom