• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chibi-Robo for SSB4 Thread!! A little guy with BIG Potential!

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've updated the support list for probably the last time. I guess we'll learn his fate 2 weeks from now. For some reason, I still think Chibi-Robo could be playable. Oh well, a man can dream.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well, I've updated the support list for probably the last time. I guess we'll learn his fate 2 weeks from now. For some reason, I still think Chibi-Robo could be playable. Oh well, a man can dream.
There is always the slight possibility for DLC.

Lt. Chapwisely

Smash Rookie
I already got him right next to rob ;/

But in the game doesn't he have to charge himself in outlets? would you incorporate that some how?

:phone:
I think that he would be able to charge up in battle to lower his percentage. A throwback would be the chibi copter being a terrible recovery.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
While everyone is upset about the big 3 being disconfirmed. I'm just mourning the little guy. I really want to know if he's an assist trophy, or just a regular trophy again.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'm just glad that I can play as him in Smash Flash 2.
McLeod helped raise awareness for Chibo, I have high hopes for his future.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm still rooting for Chibi Robo. :)

Though I fear he might struggle with dlc too. His latest eshop game didn't make a huge impact.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think he would be a contender for DOWN THE ROAD playability, with a release of a future game, perhaps in a year.
Or potentially as a "hidden" wii u character.

He doesnt seem popular enough to draw hype, though.
Other than being a robot.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think he would be a contender for DOWN THE ROAD playability, with a release of a future game, perhaps in a year.
OMG! The Smash Hype made me forget about that!
He doesnt seem popular enough to draw hype, though.
Other than being a robot.
R.O.B. is also a not-so-popular robot and look at it now!

Last edited:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I'm betting DLC will feature some of the characters that weren't super high-priority during development, a category which Chibi-Robo may very well fall under. I'd say he has a decent chance.

I would really love to see him! He could be such a great character!.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Well, here we are again. I've updated the support list, and I have to say I'm really surprised by the number of people who still want him as DLC. I'm doubtful we'll get any besides Mewtwo, but if we do get some, I really want Chibi-Robo. Here's to hoping!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, here we are again. I've updated the support list, and I have to say I'm really surprised by the number of people who still want him as DLC. I'm doubtful we'll get any besides Mewtwo, but if we do get some, I really want Chibi-Robo. Here's to hoping!
He's got so much potential as a fighter (and in fact, he is in Smash Flash 2)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Series I'd like to see in this game:
  • Ice Climbers
  • Golden Sun
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Chibi Robo
  • Custom Robo
  • Panel De Pon
  • Bomberman
  • Rayman

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I think he's got a fairly decent chance of being DLC.
He definitely seems like the kind of character the Sakurai would go for. Plus, he now has four games on his resume, which bodes pretty well for his chances!

If he were added, I'd love to see what the music they'd include... Drake Redcrest's theme is a must!
Maybe they could give Teriyaki Blues the same treatment they did to Kapp'n's Song! Wouldn't it be awesome if they remixed Telly's silly little song into a full-length, upbeat blues number?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think he's got a fairly decent chance of being DLC.
He definitely seems like the kind of character the Sakurai would go for. Plus, he now has four games on his resume, which bodes pretty well for his chances!

If he were added, I'd love to see what the music they'd include... Drake Redcrest's theme is a must!
Maybe they could give Teriyaki Blues the same treatment they did to Kapp'n's Song! Wouldn't it be awesome if they remixed Telly's silly little song into a full-length, upbeat blues number?
Chibi-Robo music in Smash?

OMG! This the awesome cherry to the mind-blowing cake that is SSBU's soundtrack

Please, Grand Master Sakurai, give us some Chibi-Robo stuff!

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Still really want Chibi-Robo as DLC! He'd be a fantastic character to play as.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I'd want this if only Ray MK II wasn't already on my mind. Both are small robots with a large moveset potential, but Ray is cooler.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I support him a lot and feel he would be super unique!

I'm just worried that Chibi's not successful enough. He does have four games though so IDK.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Add me to the support list as well. Chibi-Robo isn't high on my list of wanted characters, but he (it?) would be a cool addition. As far as robots are concerned, I would rather have Jill "Dozer" though (she pilots a cute robot!), but I am aware her chances are next to none.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If nothing else I'd love to see a Chibi Robo song remix included in the game.

With four games the Chibi Robo series is easily deserving of a remixed track.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've always thought the voices and sound effects from Chibi Robo could be incorporated into a song. They're very distinctive and memorable.

I think the main Chibi Robo theme (from the GameCube game) could make for a great remix. I think any Chibi Robo remix we get should be a bit wacky and off beat. Perhaps a Chibi Robo medley would be best at getting the tone of the game across.

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Wow! I'm really excited by all of the support that's been pouring in. It seems like Super Smash Flash 2 has really bolstered his popularity. I haven't played it that much, but what do you think of his move set there? Is there anything you would want to change about him before he's added as DLC? Personally, I would really like a charging mechanic.

Edit: Also, could a moderator move the support list after the opening post. It's in an awkward position right now.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
For the most part, the SSF2 community likes Chibi Robo gameplay-wise, but I haven't seen anyone give much interest for the game he's actually from, though I saw a few who actually gave it a shot.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
For the most part, the SSF2 community likes Chibi Robo gameplay-wise, but I haven't seen anyone much interest for the game he's actually from, though I saw a few who actually gave it a shot.
His games are exactly the easiest to get your hands on except for the last one of course.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I love Chibi Robo.

Coincidentally, I think he has a pretty good shot.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Chibi-Robo has a very warm place in my heart. I have a great love for the first game on the GameCube, and while all futures games haven't been as good, I am glad that the series hasn't died off like many other Nintendo games. I just wish more people got to play the original game; it's a wonderful experience. Chibi-Robo was my most wanted character during Brawl's development along with Diddy and K.Rool; I lost hope in him after Brawl, but held hope for there to at least be a stage... didn't get that either. Unfortunately I don't even see him getting in this game as DLC, due to not being that demanded. I can only hope that the Chibi-Robo series continues to get more games and for the series to somehow boost in popularity.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I guess I'll vote for Chibi Robo when I get the chance. After all, I do think he'd have a good moveset.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Reviving this thread baby!

The Chibi-Robo series got literally no love in Smash 4- besides a single trophy (hell! Rayman got more trophies! and hes not even a legit fighter!)

Including him into the roster would be a very interesting choice- and a great highlight to his series.

haha, I can see one of his taunts being his head popping open with the "denied" mark whenever the player selects "No" in the game.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Holy Cow! The reveal of Lucas has really energized these Character Discussion Boards. I was pessimistic about his chances for DLC, but the reveal of a character poll has given me a new hope for him. His inclusion in SSF2 has opened a lot of eyes to his potential, while his eShop game has shown him to a much wider audience than before. Now seems like the perfect time for him to be included. I'm just glad I'm not the only one supporting him.

TL; DR: Party!

OKALRIGHT

Smash Rookie
We need to find a way to get a lot of support for the little guy! I want so badly for him to be playable!!!!

WiENFY

Smash Rookie
Chibi-Robo just might have my vote.

My top five keep switching places, but the little guy seems to sit at number one the most

Top Bottom