• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chibi-Robo for SSB4 Thread!! A little guy with BIG Potential!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Have I supported this?
I need to support this.

Smady

Smash Master
I am pretty hype for that new Chibi-Robo game, what chance do you guys think that'll get a stage or any acknowledgement in SSB4?

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I am pretty hype for that new Chibi-Robo game, what chance do you guys think that'll get a stage or any acknowledgement in SSB4?
I don't know about Photo Finder. That game came out in the middle of development. Though, Pikmin 3 got a stage, too, and it came out in early to mid development.

Personally, I'd like to see a Plug Into Adventure stage in glorious HD. However, due to the series' transformation into a handheld series, I don't exactly know if my wish will come true.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Chibi-Robo is an amazing choice for a Smash Bros newcomer - he's one of the few characters introduced by Nintendo during the Gamecube era that has lasted beyond it (with Olimar being another one) and has the potential to be perhaps the most unique character in the roster.

Sakurai has a tendency to overlook characters, as seen by his treatment of Starfy, but I would be outright amazed if he wasn't at least an assist trophy this time around.
I think it is less him overlooking characters, but not being able to add every character ever wanted onto the roster. Chibi robo is definitely one of the most likely gamecube era characters though.

EDIT: The POTD shows Skip LTD. Content is in smash 4 so this is good news for chibi robo supporters.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I was really tempted to buy Photo Finder, but the demo taught me that I do not like the Photo aspect of it at all...ugh.
The voice acting is hilarious if you listen to it closely. Oh, and I definitely support. Along with Scribblenauts and Super Smash Bros., Chibi-Robo is my favorite video game series, and I own every single game, even Japan-only releases. He's also my #1 most wanted newcomer. Let's go, Chibi-Robo!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I didn't really think about that...Skip Ltd does already have stuff shown. It'd be awesome to see Chibi-Robo in the game. Here's hoping!

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
I support this. Chibi-Robo is my first choice for a non-retro miscellaneous character rep, and I think he's the best choice to represent the currently unrepresented Skip Ltd.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Honestly thinking again if Chibi Robo was a become a famous franchise as Starfox or F-Zero, Chibi would be a shoo-in as he has unique abilties unlike any other fighter. I don't believe he has the requirements and merits to be playable though. :(

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly thinking again if Chibi Robo was a become a famous franchise as Starfox or F-Zero, Chibi would be a shoo-in as he has unique abilties unlike any other fighter. I don't believe he has the requirements and merits to be playable though. :(
I think he definitely has the merits. He's a charming character with unique abilities and four games under his belt, three of which were international (making him different from Starfy, who only had one international release out of five). I don't think he's the most likely of characters, but I think he stands a decent shot as a Dark Horse candidate.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Ever since I first saw him back in the Gamecube days, he became a fan favorite of mine.
Cute design and good moveset potential. I support him! :p

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
everyone seems to think the plug would be chibi's symbol and it probably would be but i would say theres the possibility that it could be the symbol of circuitsoft or even a happy point

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I feel the need to make a Chibi moveset. Would any of you mind if I posted one tomorrow?

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I support wholeheartedly. He really needs a full new game.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Currently reworking moveset because of the Deep Breathing mechanic that WFT had. :facepalm: Will post moveset and explain what I meant at a later date.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Have I dropped in to express my support for the little guy?
If he gets in, he should plug in to the stage in order to gain some benefit.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
I think Chibi is going to be in. His unique moveset and noteriety make him very probable. I hope I'm right.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I support this guy and I really want to see what his moveset would be. If he is in the game, I doubt they'd announce him before release since we have so many other big newcomers.

andimidna

Smash Master
Huh. Chibi Robo is doing very well on the Rate Their Chances Thread.
I thought that his thread would be getting a lot attention right now, and that people were sending supporters over to rate him.
Seems like he's more popular on SmashBoards than I thought.

Things are looking pretty OK for this little guy! (Go rate him if you want)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
even if chibi doesnt make it to smash 4 at least his latest game is coming to europe for the first time since the original

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Chibi looks like tons of fun to play as, just in case he's inevitably deconfirmed in SSB4. :D
Inevitably deconfirmed? He still has a solid shot of being playable, and this just proves how cool he would be.

Also, RTC is thinking he might be overrated. What do you guys think of their rating for him?

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Now matter how cool you are (Dillon, Wonder Red), you still have the possibility of not making it as a newcomer.
While there is a chance that he might not get in, I think Chibi has a better chance than the 2 you mentioned. He has more games than them combined. Honestly, the best comparison is Isaac, since they are both from the same time period, and they both "fit" in groups that are theoretically already represented (swordsmen and robots)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
While there is a chance that he might not get in, I think Chibi has a better chance than the 2 you mentioned. He has more games than them combined. Honestly, the best comparison is Isaac, since they are both from the same time period, and they both "fit" in groups that are theoretically already represented (swordsmen and robots)
I don't see how having more games benefits his chances, it's not like Sakurai is really looking for the newcomer with the most games.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Now matter how cool you are (Dillon, Wonder Red), you still have the possibility of not making it as a newcomer.
Dillon and Wonder Red came to existence within the past two years. Roughly the same amount of time these Smash games began development.

You're giving Chibi nowhere near the amount of credit he deserves.

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Well, not being revealed at E3 hurts his chances, but I still think he has a solid shot at being unlockable. Anyways, I know this thread is really quiet, but what can we do to change that? Any ideas?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, not being revealed at E3 hurts his chances, but I still think he has a solid shot at being unlockable. Anyways, I know this thread is really quiet, but what can we do to change that? Any ideas?
Campaign for a 5th chibi game?

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
Unlockable or DLC is Chibi's best chance... of course, the roster would need more than 51 for him to be unlockable (possible but unlikely)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After checking out Giga Robo in this video, this definitely needs to be Chibi's Final Smash in Smash. Not to mention the moveset itself had improved since the last time we've seen it.

Top Bottom