• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chibi-Robo for SSB4 Thread!! A little guy with BIG Potential!

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the fact that Chibi Robo is a robot does not hurt his chances, by any means. As Sabrewulf pointed out there have only been two robots throughout Smash, one of which doesn't even really look like a robot.

Plus, sword users are overly abundant at the ripe old total of seven throughout the series (Link, Young Link, Marth, Roy, Ike, Meta Knight, and Toon Link), and that number could always change. Space explorers round in at about, give or take, 6 (Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, Falco, Wolf, Olimar...plus Kirby, if you want to get technical, for seven).

In conclusion, I don't think different demographics are too big of a problem, which is why I'm all for Chibi. I think he could work very well, if they just focused. And, as I've said in other forums, if they can make up original movesets for ****** children who just jump, and a futuristic race car driver who, at the time of his Smash conception, was seldom seen outside of his vehicle, then making Chibi Robo Smash-appropriate isn't very farfetched by any means.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I wanna bump up this thread cause as of now, I'm a full supporter of Chibi-Robo! He could be Olimar's size and use a toothbrush or his plug to attack! He's also one of Miyamoto's creations if I'm not mistaken?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
here's my ideas for chibi's smash attacks

forward: party popper
up: his reply sign
down: spins around striking foes with plug

also his grab should be that thing he uses to pick flowers in park patrol

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Since we don't have a full list, can someone make a list of Chibi-Robo's tools, weapons, accessories, etc?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I feel Chibi-Robo would add some sort of diversity to the roster. And I like his overall design and his games. He would be a great surprise as an unlockable character and I would probably main him.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I wanna bump up this thread cause as of now, I'm a full supporter of Chibi-Robo! He could be Olimar's size and use a toothbrush or his plug to attack! He's also one of Miyamoto's creations if I'm not mistaken?
I hear you! Chibi Robo tops my wishlist, bar none. And to answer your question, Chibi Robo was originally a project headed by Namco-Bandai, but was handed over to Nintendo's own Shigeru Miyamoto. In other words, Chibi's got the best of both worlds, as a project abandoned by Sora's co-developers for Sm4sh, and as a step-brainchild of Miyamoto.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I hear you! Chibi Robo tops my wishlist, bar none. And to answer your question, Chibi Robo was originally a project headed by Namco-Bandai, but was handed over to Nintendo's own Shigeru Miyamoto. In other words, Chibi's got the best of both worlds, as a project abandoned by Sora's co-developers for Sm4sh, and as a step-brainchild of Miyamoto.
I reeeaaaallly want to say he's a shoe-in now with that info :)

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I reeeaaaallly want to say he's a shoe-in now with that info :)
The only reason I can understand Chibi Robo having not been playable in Brawl is because, up until the last delay or so, Chibi Robo was still a one-off series. Park Patrol came out in late 2007. Brawl was originally supposed to come out around the same exact time frame as Park Patrol, but was delayed to early 2008. So, when Brawl finally came out, the Chibi Robo series was just becoming a franchise, instead of a one-hit wonder. Since then, on top of Plug into Adventure and Park Patrol, there have also been new DS and 3DS eShop Japan-only releases. Needless to say, the character is still in the eye of the public.

So, yeah, it really seems that the cards are stacking up in Chibi Robo's favor.

-An abandoned project originally conceived by Namco-Bandai, who is helping with character development.
-"Adopted child" of Miyamoto. And we all know that Miyamoto's brain children usually get first dibs.
-Is now acknowledged as a full-fledge series, with a subtle availability, to this day, in Japan. (Not to mention Park Patrol is still available at Wal Mart in America).
-Even when he only had one game, both Chibi Robo and Telly Vision appeared as trophies in Brawl. There were quite a few Chibi Robo Stickers in the game, as well.
-The mascot of an unrepped franchise.

I will be wholly surprised if Chibi doesn't get in.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
The only reason I can understand Chibi Robo having not been playable in Brawl is because, up until the last delay or so, Chibi Robo was still a one-off series. Park Patrol came out in late 2007. Brawl was originally supposed to come out around the same exact time frame as Park Patrol, but was delayed to early 2008. So, when Brawl finally came out, the Chibi Robo series was just becoming a franchise, instead of a one-hit wonder. Since then, on top of Plug into Adventure and Park Patrol, there have also been new DS and 3DS eShop Japan-only releases. Needless to say, the character is still in the eye of the public.

So, yeah, it really seems that the cards are stacking up in Chibi Robo's favor.

-An abandoned project originally conceived by Namco-Bandai, who is helping with character development.
-"Adopted child" of Miyamoto. And we all know that Miyamoto's brain children usually get first dibs.
-Is now acknowledged as a full-fledge series, with a subtle availability, to this day, in Japan. (Not to mention Park Patrol is still available at Wal Mart in America).
-Even when he only had one game, both Chibi Robo and Telly Vision appeared as trophies in Brawl. There were quite a few Chibi Robo Stickers in the game, as well.
-The mascot of an unrepped franchise.

I will be wholly surprised if Chibi doesn't get in.
Add this to the counter arguments pl0x! Didn't he also just get an AR game released on eshop too?
Edit: Chibi-Robo's games usually top charts at launch too right?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you're right nintendo does seem quite found of chibi-robo so maybe his chances arent as low as i think

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
New supporters! I knew yall would show up some day!
Man I really want Chibo in the next smash, his concept is just too good to pass up.
A miniature cleaning robot who uses a plethora of household items like tools, along with his robotic abilities.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Even though I'm relatively new to the forums, I've wanted to see Chibi Robo in Smash Bros ever since Brawl. As I've covered, though, it was a little more unrealistic back then than it is now.

any mind if i post my idea's for chibi's move set?
I, personally, love to see fans verbalize their fandom.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Whenever I get a Wii U I hope they will have the gamecube chibi robo game on the virtual console. It's one of the few gamecube games that I really regret missing out on.

I haven't played a chibi robo game but I feel it's a series right up my street. Hopefully they will release the eshop game worldwide.

If it isn't apparent already I would really love to see him playable in smash bros 4.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I, personally, love to see fans verbalize their fandom.

ok then here's my ideas:

jab: chibi uses the toothbrush a contuses attack
forward tilt: swings spoon
up tilt: chibi's radar comes out and spins
down tilt: drops rubbish

forward smash: party popper
up smash: answer sign
down smash: spins plug around

neutral air: spins in the and the plug strikes
forward air: swings toothbrush
back air: swings spoon backwards
up air: answer sign
down air: turns upside down and uses radar

dash: charges forward with his head lowered and uses the copter to attack
float: chibi can float with the chibi copter

grab: flower picker
pummel: squezzes the picker
up throw: puts in head then shoots them up
down throw: puts on ground and smacks with vacuum
forward throw: throws forward and chucks trash after them
back throw: throws them back and hits them with plug

neutral special: chibi blaster, can be charged
side special: squirter, used to trip characters
up special: pulls out telly who carries him upwards
down special: mug shield

final smash: great twin blizzard, chibi and drake redcrest summon a massive chunk of ice down on the stage

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Chibi Robo would be cool to see in if even just an assist this time around. Does anyone know if his 3ds game is coming overseas?

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
ok then here's my ideas:

jab: chibi uses the toothbrush a contuses attack
forward tilt: swings spoon
up tilt: chibi's radar comes out and spins
down tilt: drops rubbish

forward smash: party popper
up smash: answer sign
down smash: spins plug around

neutral air: spins in the and the plug strikes
forward air: swings toothbrush
back air: swings spoon backwards
up air: answer sign
down air: turns upside down and uses radar

dash: charges forward with his head lowered and uses the copter to attack
float: chibi can float with the chibi copter

grab: flower picker
pummel: squezzes the picker
up throw: puts in head then shoots them up
down throw: puts on ground and smacks with vacuum
forward throw: throws forward and chucks trash after them
back throw: throws them back and hits them with plug

neutral special: chibi blaster, can be charged
side special: squirter, used to trip characters
up special: pulls out telly who carries him upwards
down special: mug shield

final smash: great twin blizzard, chibi and drake redcrest summon a massive chunk of ice down on the stage
I could see that working! I like your idea for a recovery move. I think it'd be cool if he could also glide with the Chibi Copter, akin to Peach's recovery capabilities.

Chibi Robo would be cool to see in if even just an assist this time around. Does anyone know if his 3ds game is coming overseas?
You're among friends! I'm sure he'll get an promotion above his Brawl cameo this time around. And, sadly, if the eShop game suffers the same fate as the second DS game, we probably won't hear a whole lot about it...

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I could see that working! I like your idea for a recovery move. I think it'd be cool if he could also glide with the Chibi Copter, akin to Peach's recovery capabilities.

You're among friends! I'm sure he'll get an promotion above his Brawl cameo this time around. And, sadly, if the eShop game suffers the same fate as the second DS game, we probably won't hear a whole lot about it...
Really? Man... that is kind of lame. It looked pretty cool and innovative use of the 3ds camera.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Really? Man... that is kind of lame. It looked pretty cool and innovative use of the 3ds camera.
Yeah, I saw some gameplay for it, and it looked pretty neat. Which is more than I can say for the second DS game- I know the bare minimum of the plot for that, but that's about it.

If the eShop title DID come over, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I got an idea for a move...

This would probably be his up special recovery move...

Chibi robo throws his plug upwards and if it hits a platform a socket appears and he is plugged in. During this he becomes electrically charged and can swing/thrash about to damage opponents while plugged in. Alternatively he can pull himself towards the socket and unplug himself.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
In all honesty, I think Chibi-Robo would be amazing, and a very unique addition to the Roster. Also Size doesn't matter, look Olimar (sorry Ridley)...
So Yeah, I'd love to see Chibi-Robo make it in, or atleast a stage regarding the series :D

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's Chibi Robo's day on Rate Their Chances, guys!

Feel free to go and inflate his want percentages! :awesome:

(sorry, Groose. :p)

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I would love to see Chibi Robo. A definite supporter right here. The Chibi-Robo original game was just awesome enough to pull me in past all the weird stuff that happened in it. I absolutely adore this character, and I have a strong desire for not-yet-represented series to become represented.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
As of right now, I find this appropriate-
Chibi Robo- A small character with big potential.
Ridley- A big character with small potential.
:troll:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It seems the latest eshop chibi robo has been registered in Australia as "Chibi-Robo: Let's go, photo"

I'm really happy to see it looks like the the game will be localized. I'll definitely want to give it a go. This can't hurt his chances for smash bros 4 either.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
It seems the latest eshop chibi robo has been registered in Australia as "Chibi-Robo: Let's go, photo"

I'm really happy to see it looks like the the game will be localized. I'll definitely want to give it a go. This can't hurt his chances for smash bros 4 either.
Awesome! Hopefully he will get an Assist trophy or better this time around.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I always liked this guy, but I really don't see him happening...unless they pull a Fire Emblem on us and introduce him despite unpopularity in the West.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I always liked this guy, but I really don't see him happening...unless they pull a Fire Emblem on us and introduce him despite unpopularity in the West.
He's decently popular in the West but really popular in Japan if I'm not mistaken

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'm almost positive that you're mistaken. Most of his games are Japanese-exclusive, and that's what I was referring to with the Fire Emblem reference.
Well he has his niche of fans here, I've seen a few more outside Smashboards too. But only 2 of his games are Japan only while we had the GameCube and DS release.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'm almost positive that you're mistaken. Most of his games are Japanese-exclusive, and that's what I was referring to with the Fire Emblem reference.
Fire emblem never had a game translated and released outside of Japan (Until after Melee.) Chibi robo has had several.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well he has his niche of fans here, I've seen a few more outside Smashboards too. But only 2 of his games are Japan only while we had the GameCube and DS release.
My mistake; I was under the impression that they announced another Japanese-exclusive one recently.
Fire emblem never had a game translated and released outside of Japan (Until after Melee.) Chibi robo has had several.
Well, basically, then. It's the closest comparison.

Top Bottom