• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

NapTime_

Smash Rookie
NNID
VexCain
Could anyone do me a favor and add me to this Toon Link Skype Chat? I mained this character in Brawl, and I'm looking to take a glimpse back at him for a while and see how it works out! So I'd love to chat with the Toon Links and gain as much knowledge as I can.
Thanks!
edit: Skype is mesikok0

Last edited:

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Could anyone do me a favor and add me to this Toon Link Skype Chat? I mained this character in Brawl, and I'm looking to take a glimpse back at him for a while and see how it works out! So I'd love to chat with the Toon Links and gain as much knowledge as I can.
Thanks!
edit: Skype is mesikok0
Did you get added yet? I saw someone did but idk if it was you. If no one's added you yet then I could.
So how does everyone feel about bayonetta and corrin?
Bayonetta: :estatic:
Corrin: :facepalm:
I love the old fe games... now half the fe chars in smash are the ones from the... well.... those pieces of weeaboo bait that some call games. We could've had Lyn! Or Eirika! Or Ephraim! But I guess the weeaboos must be pleased.

Last edited:

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Did you get added yet? I saw someone did but idk if it was you. If no one's added you yet then I could.

Bayonetta: :estatic:
Corrin: :facepalm:
I love the old fe games... now half the fe chars in smash are the ones from the... well.... those pieces of weeaboo bait that some call games. We could've had Lyn! Or Eirika! Or Ephraim! But I guess the weeaboos must be pleased.
I actually like corrin. He looks like a ton of fun to use, and FE: fates looks pretty damn good. Bayonetta tho... Could they at least have told us who the ballot winner was in NA?

I wanted Ephraim more than any other FE character, but now that I see corrin I think its a much better choice. He can turn into a dragon. Ephraim would have just been a lance user who functions exactly like a sword character.

Last edited:

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
I actually like corrin. He looks like a ton of fun to use, and FE: fates looks pretty damn good. Bayonetta tho... Could they at least have told us who the ballot winner was in NA?

I wanted Ephraim more than any other FE character, but now that I see corrin I think its a much better choice. He can turn into a dragon. Ephraim would have just been a lance user who functions exactly like a sword character.
... And is from a good fe game

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
... And is from a good fe game

Remember that you want unique characters with GOOD DESIGN rather than a guy who uses his slightly different way on just like most of the other fighters from his series.

Corn won't be just another Marth clone (at least from a graphical standpoint). So, keep that in mind.

What I don't get is how too-sexy-for-smash was the EU ballot winner and top 5 in America, and how JP got no recognition.

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Remember that you want unique characters with GOOD DESIGN rather than a guy who uses his slightly different way on just like most of the other fighters from his series.

Corn won't be just another Marth clone (at least from a graphical standpoint). So, keep that in mind.

What I don't get is how too-sexy-for-smash was the EU ballot winner and top 5 in America, and how JP got no recognition.
JP probably got recognition in their own direct. But I'm still mad at how they didn't say the winner from NA.

Last edited:

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
I don't know man, I think the JP recognition MIGHT have been Corrin. Just maybe.
I think what he meant was they said who the winner was for EU and worldwide and that bayonetta was top 5 in NA, but they didn't mention JP

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz

He seems unique... but that doesn't mean I like what's unique about him. I assume he's a kind of manakete in fates as well as smash. Either way, **** Corrin on the cob

JP probably got recognition in their own direct. But I'm still mad at how they didn't say the winner from NA.
Yeah, I'd bet the reason they only said bayonetta was in the top 5 for na and didn't actually show the top 5 is because Goku/Shrek are in there somewhere.

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
He seems unique... but that doesn't mean I like what's unique about him. I assume he's a kind of manakete in fates as well as smash. Either way, **** Corrin on the cob

Yeah, I'd bet the reason they only said bayonetta was in the top 5 for na and didn't actually show the top 5 is because Goku/Shrek are in there somewhere.
I still want to know who was #1 of the characters with a chance in NA

piikaa

Smash Rookie
NNID
pikajamz
Could I join the skype group? skype name is epicpikachu63

toon link main :]

NanoMoose

Smash Rookie
If, someone perhaps is trying to decide a comparison between Toon Link and Regular Link, which would be better? In examples like speed, or easier of use.

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
If, someone perhaps is trying to decide a comparison between Toon Link and Regular Link, which would be better? In examples like speed, or easier of use.
bruh. this is the tink boards. who do you think we would recommend?

but in all legitness, I find tink easier to use and more mobile, but link has better frame data. link is also stronger, but his projectiles aren't as good for camping as tink's. basically, just go with whoever suits your playstyle more.

hopefully that character is tink.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
bruh. this is the tink boards. who do you think we would recommend?

but in all legitness, I find tink easier to use and more mobile, but link has better frame data. link is also stronger, but his projectiles aren't as good for camping as tink's. basically, just go with whoever suits your playstyle more.

hopefully that character is tink.
I find Link easier to use because range is a less complex strength to apply than mobility.

Also I'm pretty sure Tink's frame data is better. They have the same start up on most things but Tink has better FAFs on a lot of commands, except maybe aerials.

Personally I think Link is better at a level of play where people know to just just patiently powershield everything you do and react to your projectiles and movements.

Last edited:

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
I find Link easier to use because range is a less complex strength to apply than mobility.

Also I'm pretty sure Tink's frame data is better. They have the same start up on most things but Tink has better FAFs on a lot of commands, except maybe aerials.

Personally I think Link is better at a level of play where people know to just just patiently powershield everything you do and react to your projectiles and movements.
But Toon Link's mobility kreygasm

Also I find Toon Link to be one of the most flashy and fun characters to watch

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
But Toon Link's mobility kreygasm

Also I find Toon Link to be one of the most flashy and fun characters to watch
I find barebones Toon's like Hyuga boring because they're mostly just fundamentals. But I love watching Zan because he's so technical and fluid.

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
I find barebones Toon's like Hyuga boring because they're mostly just fundamentals. But I love watching Zan because he's so technical and fluid.
Well, yeah. Toon Link can be one of the most flashy characters if used right, and Zan does that to an extent because too much flashiness makes your gameplay worse.

But I agree, Zan is tons of fun to watch regardless.

Moobussir

Smash Apprentice
Zan's footstools and dairs though.

Btw, someone added me on Skype with the friend request saying "Toon Link Skype Chat!", but I don't know who it was, and so far I'm not in the chat. Just wondering if someone else can add me possibly? Unless the one who added me remembers (Sorry, my memory sucks)

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
Zan's footstools and dairs though.

Btw, someone added me on Skype with the friend request saying "Toon Link Skype Chat!", but I don't know who it was, and so far I'm not in the chat. Just wondering if someone else can add me possibly? Unless the one who added me remembers (Sorry, my memory sucks)
Sure, what's your skype?

Last edited:

genandnic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-6683-5828
People still use the Skype group? I don't see anyone using it nowadays. I thought everyone moved on to Discord... Unless there's a new one?

Halfy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamatt1110
3DS FC
3110-6577-3691
People still use the Skype group? I don't see anyone using it nowadays. I thought everyone moved on to Discord... Unless there's a new one?
We moved to a new one, but that was months ago...
I'll just add you because it is getting increasingly active

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
So like... are many other boards this inactive? I only really use this one and occasionally check the roy one, which is usually pretty active. But this chat is just ded. st8 ded. Rest in spaghetti; never forgetti. Riperroni, and whatnot. I don't even know anymore.

GreenT

Smash Rookie
Random question, is this the main Toon Link discussion forum, or are there other forums you guys talk on more? If so can you tell me about them?

Moobussir

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that we've quieted down a lot recently too. I'll tell you, the Kirby boards are even more dead then this, but we're quiet too.
GreenT GreenT This is the social thread where we all chill, but the TL Discord and Skype chats have kinda taken over the boards thanks to Instant messaging. If you're looking for competitive discussion, matchup discussion, etc., there are boards for that. Check the stickied threads on the main page. Or ask me if you're looking for anything specific

GreenT

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that we've quieted down a lot recently too. I'll tell you, the Kirby boards are even more dead then this, but we're quiet too.
GreenT GreenT This is the social thread where we all chill, but the TL Discord and Skype chats have kinda taken over the boards thanks to Instant messaging. If you're looking for competitive discussion, matchup discussion, etc., there are boards for that. Check the stickied threads on the main page. Or ask me if you're looking for anything specific
Ok great! Thank you.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Random question, is this the main Toon Link discussion forum, or are there other forums you guys talk on more? If so can you tell me about them?
The skype group has serious discussions... occasionally...
The discord server actually has a dedicated channel for meta discussion. I you want in the discord group then just pm me; for skype you can just post your name here (unless you want that private or something, in which case, pm me). Hell, you can join both! JOIN EVERYTHING! STEAM! FACEBOOK! TUMBLR! ****ING MY SPACE!!!
Or just none, I don't really care

GreenT

Smash Rookie
The skype group has serious discussions... occasionally...
The discord server actually has a dedicated channel for meta discussion. I you want in the discord group then just pm me; for skype you can just post your name here (unless you want that private or something, in which case, pm me). Hell, you can join both! JOIN EVERYTHING! STEAM! FACEBOOK! TUMBLR! ****ING MY SPACE!!!
Or just none, I don't really care
Hahaha Ok. I'm busy with school right now. But when exams are done in 3 weeks. I'll be a lot more active on here, and probably join a lot more things :).

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Hahaha Ok. I'm busy with school right now. But when exams are done in 3 weeks. I'll be a lot more active on here, and probably join a lot more things :).
exams? this time of year?
do you mean like... minor exams or...
I only really get exams spanning over that time around may.

Top Bottom