• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Fox Is Openly Deceptive is going to eventually lock each and every thread on the Toon Link Boards.
Seriously, scroll down through the threads and see just how many he has locked. :laugh:
More like people posting in the wrong forums, though. This subforum is kinda ded and Fox is trying to get as much competitive discussion as he can.
But dang... that IS a lot of locked threads.
Like, half of Artemis's locks are requested locks by him though. So not entirely Fox's decision.
Although, the requested locks take up two out of the many locks on the first page of Toon results.
I'm assuming that Artemis is a he. Sorry if I'm wrong. :L

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I only lock the threads that need locking. If there are a lot of them that is more of a reflection on how many people make pointless threads or revive old/redundant threads or post in the wrong places. If you are able to point out a thread that shouldn't have been locked then we'll talk XD. Seriously though, I'm not against people making new threads. It's just that a lot of the time there's no need for it. If and when you do make a thread that is needed or that fills a gap that the stickies don't cover, then you will be glad about the fact that I lock the pointless threads because then yours won't be overrun by other threads and pushed down where no-one can find it.

ILJ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
giancarlo777
3DS FC
2852-9628-7134
I feel good about how I'm playing lately. Took a game off of mvd's diddy and falcon. Im really understanding toon links Meta game and I feel like once mastered,it can take you miles in sm4sh.

D

Deleted member

Hi guys!

My name is Chris I'm 20 year old living in isla vista Santa Barbara California (SoCal) currently a sponsored competitive swimmer training to swim the English Chanel. In my spare time you'll find me on a ethers ladder or nintendojo laddering my main toon link!
Id absolutely love to be added to the skype group so I can share with you what I've learned! My skype name is NesSpyro and so is my NNID!
Welcome to the Gay board! Also, I sent you a friend request to add you to the Skype group. I can't add you unless we're Skype friends, so be sure to accept it whem you get the chance.
I feel like Fox Is Openly Deceptive is going to eventually lock each and every thread on the Toon Link Boards.
Seriously, scroll down through the threads and see just how many he has locked. :laugh:
Honestly it is kind of funny lol, even if those threads all needed to be locked. The Gay board does have a disproportionate number of unnecessary threads that get made/bumped (at least compared to the other character boards I've looked at lately), so it's a good thing that they end up locked. The only other boards I've seen with this problem of too many unnecessary threads being created looked pretty crappy overall, and it was really hard to find the info I was looking for, so it's a lifesaver that Foxy locks those threads. Information ends up way too scattered otherwise. Plus the stickied threads might as well not exist if people are just going to make a new thread every time they have something they want to say instead of posting what they have to say in the proper thread. It's not like it's even hard to look at the stickied threads before posting.

Also, new threads in general definitely aren't a problem. Personally I've lost track of how many times I've suggested someone make a thread in this board for something that I thought deserved its own thread, which unfortunately they never posted. Seems to me like a lot of the people who should be posting threads just don't have the confidence to. What was the word for it, again?

D

Deleted member

I think it looks nice on you, @ CURRY CURRY .

Also, super excited since I got 5th out of 19 at a tourney on Sunday, normally I get dead last at tournies. At the tourney I also beat the 5th best in my state and the state's best Sheik and Rosalina 2-0 in a tournament match. Used 2131 against his Rosalina first match (would normally use 3131 against star bit Rosa, but this guy knows better than to stupidly camp me from friendlies), then was so surprised beating his Rosa that I forgot to switch to 2121 against his Sheik, so was really surprised I still won even with an upb that Sheik gimps the **** out of. I actually beat his Sheik pretty easily too, and was only at 50% on my last stock when I won. I used to hate Sheik to death and would get 2 stocked by even pocket Sheiks, but think I've finally gotten that match-up down. Was even thinking of picking up Kirby or maybe even Pikachu for dealing with Sheik, but not anymore. Definitely going to keep going all Gay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moffe

Smash Apprentice
I have problems with sheik x_X teach me master!

Also fought a really good link which was also pretty difficult

ILJ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
giancarlo777
3DS FC
2852-9628-7134
Glad to hear that! At a recent regional tournament, in Friendlys I took a set off of phuzix's sheik. I think what really helps us in this matchup is the fact that sheik is really light. One bomb hit to fair can end her stock at around 75-85% and Sooner with rage.

I think it looks nice on you, @ CURRY CURRY .

Also, super excited since I got 5th out of 19 at a tourney on Sunday, normally I get dead last at tournies. At the tourney I also beat the 5th best in my state and the state's best Sheik and Rosalina 2-0 in a tournament match. Used 2131 against his Rosalina first match (would normally use 3131 against star bit Rosa, but this guy knows better than to stupidly camp me from friendlies), then was so surprised beating his Rosa that I forgot to switch to 2121 against his Sheik, so was really surprised I still won even with an upb that Sheik gimps the **** out of. I actually beat his Sheik pretty easily too, and was only at 50% on my last stock when I won. I used to hate Sheik to death and would get 2 stocked by even pocket Sheiks, but think I've finally gotten that match-up down. Was even thinking of picking up Kirby or maybe even Pikachu for dealing with Sheik, but not anymore. Definitely going to keep going all Gay.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Wow! I've been playing Smash the wrong way all along!

I've been building these skills:

And suddenly, my For Glory winrate increases! Yay. -_-
... lol, Toon is slow. I've been using Lucina for For Glory.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Yo Tlink is godlike. Check out my swag tho. (windwaker hd gamepad) Started playing him a bit after I beat Wind Waker HD. He's too fun.

Attachments

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Every Character has problems. Toon Link is no exception. I do not use him much, but I found some things that if I could change, I would. If you guys were to buff anything what would they be?

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Dayum. Are the buttons gold too? Did you have to take your gamepad apart to do this?

Ohh, Windwaker HD... :(
I fell into Nintendo's trap and bought the Mario Kart + free game thing last year around ~July I think, and the free game I got was Windwaker HD.
I got motion sickness from that game if I played it for like, an hour and a half or less. I eventually stopped playing because of that, and because of Smash. >.>

Well, Metroid Fusion is fun. There's so much jank that I have to search on YouTube to figure out how to get past it, lol. Is anyone else playing that game from the Club Nintendo Gold award thing?

Last edited:

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Nope Im broke as fk. Didn't even now the nintendo club existed until Nintendo announced they were shutting it down for a new service lol. Smash made me broke :( Gold button markings tho :denzel:

Last edited:

Lucy_ya dawg

Smash Cadet
Every Character has problems. Toon Link is no exception. I do not use him much, but I found some things that if I could change, I would. If you guys were to buff anything what would they be?

zair/bair .

also stop using youtube to beat metroid lol. I beat that game when i was 11. nooooooooooo guidezzz

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
zair/bair .

also stop using youtube to beat metroid lol. I beat that game when i was 11. nooooooooooo guidezzz
:p
I'm lazy, and I kinda want to get it over with. I have other stuff to do.
Edit: Cool, you just joined Smashboards! Welcome and enjoy, it's really cool here.

Also lol Fox, moving Sonic Buddha's post to the social thread without warning... You should probably do that next time. That's what I see other mods doing.
Will his old thread still exist if you do that though? Mod powers are weird, I don't understand how they work.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Also lol Fox, moving Sonic Buddha's post to the social thread without warning... You should probably do that next time. That's what I see other mods doing.
Will his old thread still exist if you do that though? Mod powers are weird, I don't understand how they work.
Pardon?
I merged the threads instead of locking his thread then sent him a PM notifying him that I had done so with a link to the post in the social and told him that the post didn't need it's own thread.

Lucy_ya dawg

Smash Cadet
toon link beats or is even with diddy and falcon

:p
I'm lazy, and I kinda want to get it over with. I have other stuff to do.
Edit: Cool, you just joined Smashboards! Welcome and enjoy, it's really cool here.

thanks i just started playing a week or two ago

Zahntavier

Smash Rookie
So, what's your guys's IZAC success rate? That is to say, how often do you make it work? Right now I pull it off like 5% of the time. I'll have the timing for a couple, then lose it. I'm talking training mode, nowhere near actual match applications.

This technique is so crazy advanced ...I think I'm forcing my brain to process units of time it's never had to utilise or quantify before...pretty sure once I do 10 IZACs in a row I'm gonna get a nosebleed and pass out.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
Oh cool, a social thread! Well... Hi i guess?
Ummm...
I think this is a thing I've seen some people do here just now.

Main: Toon Link :4tlink: (obviously)
Secondaries: trying to find some suitable
Trying out: Palutena :4palutena: and Marth:4marth:
Likes: Sm4sh, custom moves, jump n' shoot man, loz, pokemon, other games, piano, :pirateship:, Treecko.
Dislikes: cheap kirby mains/chap play in general (so much), sonic as a character and franchise (just my personal opinion), :75M:, not too much else i can think of.

D

Deleted member

So, what's your guys's IZAC success rate? That is to say, how often do you make it work? Right now I pull it off like 5% of the time. I'll have the timing for a couple, then lose it. I'm talking training mode, nowhere near actual match applications.

This technique is so crazy advanced ...I think I'm forcing my brain to process units of time it's never had to utilise or quantify before...pretty sure once I do 10 IZACs in a row I'm gonna get a nosebleed and pass out.
It used to be around half for me back when I used the dpad on the GCC to drop the bomb (which can't be used in a match since it takes too long to reach for the dpad), but my success rate has actually dropped since I switched to the pro controller since it's really easy to accidentally press the buttons too fast. I've been taking a break from practicing IZAC because of it, but currently my success rate is probably around 1/4 or 1/3. I'm currently in Vegas with family, but will probably start practicing IZAC again when I get back.
Oh cool, a social thread! Well... Hi i guess?
Ummm...
I think this is a thing I've seen some people do here just now.

Main: Toon Link :4tlink: (obviously)
Secondaries: trying to find some suitable
Trying out: Palutena :4palutena: and Marth:4marth:
Likes: Sm4sh, custom moves, jump n' shoot man, loz, pokemon, other games, piano, :pirateship:, Treecko.
Dislikes: cheap kirby mains/chap play in general (so much), sonic as a character and franchise (just my personal opinion), :75M:, not too much else i can think of.
Welcome! And custom moves are indeed amazing. I can especially see why you like them so much since the characters you use/are trying out benefit so much from them especially when the characters are bad in vanilla. Which custom sets do you tend to you for each character?
I'd comment on more of that if I could see it, but I have pictures blocked on my phone since the page won't load otherwise, so I just see a ton of blank spaces everywhere lol.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
It used to be around half for me back when I used the dpad on the GCC to drop the bomb (which can't be used in a match since it takes too long to reach for the dpad), but my success rate has actually dropped since I switched to the pro controller since it's really easy to accidentally press the buttons too fast. I've been taking a break from practicing IZAC because of it, but currently my success rate is probably around 1/4 or 1/3. I'm currently in Vegas with family, but will probably start practicing IZAC again when I get back.

Welcome! And custom moves are indeed amazing. I can especially see why you like them so much since the characters you use/are trying out benefit so much from them especially when the characters are bad in vanilla. Which custom sets do you tend to you for each character?
I'd comment on more of that if I could see it, but I have pictures blocked on my phone since the page won't load otherwise, so I just see a ton of blank spaces everywhere lol.
For Toon Link my favourite custom setis 2131 (fire arrows and flying spin attack). fire arrows for the stage control and possible edgeguarding whereas the flying spin attack is simply an upgrade in my opinion! it even gets super armour!
I haven't tried out customs with Palutena yet but I've heard they're simply amazing!
With marth I like the crescent jump and dashing sheildbreaker.
Customs are just really fun in my opinion because my favourite part of the game franchise is the freedom for experimentation with making your own combos and such, but customs simply add onto that factor even further!

Edit: anyone wanna have a toon link ditto set?
NNID: BillyWhizz

Last edited:

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
So, @FSK insisted that I should post this here.

This picture shows how inferior Gay is to us...
In P:M.

If I believe hard enough.

Outside of Sm4sh.

or Brawl.

Before patch 1.0.6.

Only in this picture.

... I give up.

So yeah, this is just something I made recently. @FSK provided the Sm4sh Link model for me, while the Sm4sh Gay model was downloaded from the models-resource site. I hope you guys like this, even though I made you guys look inferior.

:4link: > :4tlink:

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Everyone who switched from Link to TL like Cacogen and Anaky have a special deserter's corner in our tournament results thread. At least we have bombslides!

joyonomo

Smash Rookie
NNID
jjcrepeau
Hey everyone. I've only recently started playing sm4sh in the last couple of months but I've found myself leaning towards TL in a majority of the matches I've played. I figured this is a good a place as any to expand on my resources to up my gameplay. Anyways, I'd like to be added to the Skype group; my ID is sinatran01. Hope to see everyone around ;D

Last edited:

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
I was SO special at this one moment in time.

http://i.imgur.com/5Knukj9.png
(image is a bit tall)

See? In this random selection of members at that point in time, the number of purple names is just ONE.
That's the same number as there are admins!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I could buff him I would buff everything about him until he became Brawl MK-type broken. :p In all seriousness though, I would:
-take 1/3 of the landing lag off his aerials except bair, which I'd cut in at least half
-give him his PM dair, fsmash, and dash attack
-bring z bomb drops back
-make it so his upb would be affected by the 1.0.6. Lylat patch so he doesn't get trapped under the stage and die if it tilts anymore (even Luigi doesn't have this problem, not sure why Gay does)
-and bring BLC back.
I'd also fix his weird tether bugs where the tether fails for no reason (especially on Lylat), or latches on to the ledge even when you're above the stage and pretty far from the ledge.
So, @FSK insisted that I should post this here.

This picture shows how inferior Gay is to us...
In P:M.

If I believe hard enough.

Outside of Sm4sh.

or Brawl.

Before patch 1.0.6.

Only in this picture.

... I give up.

So yeah, this is just something I made recently. @FSK provided the Sm4sh Link model for me, while the Sm4sh Gay model was downloaded from the models-resource site. I hope you guys like this, even though I made you guys look inferior.

:4link: > :4tlink:
Are you trying to tell us that Link is a child abuser? Also, I find it funny that people think Gay is better than Link in Smash 4. I love the character and all, but it's simply not true that he's better than Link, as much as I wish he were.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Do we get something if we win or are we just doing this for your amusement? I'm going to need some major incentives if I'm going to mess up my stats.

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
If you send me an fr you can send me the replay
Did it on my third attempt. Man, fg scrubs are common.
I'll send you an fr in just a second.
edit:
I just tried to add you but it says that 'AnteNOPE' is the incorrect ID.
Know what else your NNID might be? If not then just add me

Last edited:

herpyderpherper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
trjcchapple
Did it on my third attempt. Man, fg scrubs are common.
I'll send you an fr in just a second.
edit:
I just tried to add you but it says that 'AnteNOPE' is the incorrect ID.
Know what else your NNID might be? If not then just add me
Its trjcchapple i need to remember to change it, speaking of fg scrubs i just played a pikachu who only used jump and b moves

Top Bottom