• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I agree with PSIBoy. A general match-up thread would be good, but I like the match-up thread with more focus and wouldn't want it scrapped. Even though I haven't contributed (maybe I will someday), I still look forward to reading what people have to say about one of the characters currently being discussed, and I also enjoy thinking about whether or not I agree with their opinion. A general match-up thread would be good for leaving a comment before expanding upon it when the time comes for the match-up to be discussed in the specific match-ups thread.

As for a potential name for the general match-up thread, how about "The Great Sea of Match-Ups to Explore?"
Alternatively the word "Explore" could be replaced with "Discover."

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh. Not sure if this has been posted before. It was posted on the smashbros subreddit and I really wanted to try it out last week, but I was away from home for almost the whole weekend, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYcGaUeURE0&index=33&list=WL&ab_channel=RED

......... I don't think this can go into the stage discussion, lol. It's not like this will ever be legal.
It's so fun to mess around with, though. Once, I went so high that I had to dair TWICE to get within the camera's view.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ahhh. Not sure if this has been posted before. It was posted on the smashbros subreddit and I really wanted to try it out last week, but I was away from home for almost the whole weekend, lol.

......... I don't think this can go into the stage discussion, lol. It's not like this will ever be legal.
It's so fun to mess around with, though. Once, I went so high that I had to dair TWICE to get within the camera's view.
Omg that is so sexy. I must find a way to make this work on a non-custom stage.

Edit: Well I was able to do some interesting things on Temple and Palutena's Temple, but unfortunately, nothing like in the video.

Last edited:

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Tethers, oh my god. I found another way to make Toon look silly on a tether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZM96uM8IIM&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=seantoob

So that spazzy part, if I had jumped back further, I would've snapped to the ledge that I was spazzing on, cancelling the tether to the ledge that was far away. Forgot to demonstrate that.
That part where you see Toon grabbing onto the opposite ledge while facing the same direction... I've actually never seen that before. Did a ledge attack to see if Toon would extend the hitbox outward in the same direction... but he doesn't. Ehh.

D

Deleted member

This thread's title lol... One of these days I will figure out the secret of coming up with titles like that. I'm really glad Fox is naming this thread instead of me now lol
Why not do what the Ness boards do and have one thread for discussing specific matchups and another for general? That way it is easier to find specific matchup discussions while being able to ask questions on other matchups.

As for titles... I'm not that good at brainstorming names. I'll think of some though.
Other people can always post their own thread to talk about a match-up/match-ups with the current set up. Considering there are around 50 characters, individual threads for each would clutter the board too much. It's also pretty disorganized, but then again, free discussion match-up threads aren't really better on that.
ZSS's knee needs to be nerfed. It's as bad as Falcon's. #salt #priority #****ingbull****
ZSS's knee is pretty damn broken, but Gay's dair is even more broken. So broken that he can't handle it and kills himself when used off-stage, pretty amazing stuff. We should get a petition going to get Gay's dair and ZSS's knee banned.

Loool that tether thing is amazing. That makes me want to build a custom stage like it just to mess around with that.
That kind of thing is fine for being put into the stage discussion thread. The OP is pretty vague and doesn't say anything about only discussing legal stages.

Edit: Whoops, drafted this post yesterday and accidentally clicked post while scrolling on the page on my phone. This post wasn't even close to done, how embarrassing lol...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Tethers, oh my god. I found another way to make Toon look silly on a tether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZM96uM8IIM&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=seantoob

So that spazzy part, if I had jumped back further, I would've snapped to the ledge that I was spazzing on, cancelling the tether to the ledge that was far away. Forgot to demonstrate that.
That part where you see Toon grabbing onto the opposite ledge while facing the same direction... I've actually never seen that before. Did a ledge attack to see if Toon would extend the hitbox outward in the same direction... but he doesn't. Ehh.
Yeah that bit where you grabbed the other ledge backwards, that can be done on Palutena's Temple on the far right low triangular platforms, and it looks way crazier because of how far apart the ledges are. Plus you should check out Temple - you swing under the bottom platform and if you're at full length, you can retract it from the other side and actually travel the entire way around it and then end up standing on top.

D

Deleted member

So anyone else play any LoZ games lately?
Personally I've been playing Skyward Sword a little. Other than the controls it seems pretty neat so far, and the bug net is the greatest thing ever. I'm probably going to play Phantom Hourglass when I'm done with Skyward Sword.
Why not do what the Ness boards do and have one thread for discussing specific matchups and another for general? That way it is easier to find specific matchup discussions while being able to ask questions on other matchups.

As for titles... I'm not that good at brainstorming names. I'll think of some though.
In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up getting everyone to ignore the non-general match-up thread, similar to how a lot of stuff that belongs in other threads (mainly stickied threads) end up posted in the social thread instead.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I've abandoned all my morals
And picked up Gay
I've also invaded your skype chat, secretly
Link is ok at punishing and ok at poking, but there's characters that have better recoveries doing the same playstyle but way better
He's niche
Toon Link is by far superior
Link's overall matchup spread is just bad in this game
THey made him LESS reliable
Whereas everyone else around him got faster and stronger

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've abandoned all my morals
And picked up Gay
I've also invaded your skype chat, secretly

Link is ok at punishing and ok at poking, but there's characters that have better recoveries doing the same playstyle but way better
He's niche
Toon Link is by far superior
Link's overall matchup spread is just bad in this game
THey made him LESS reliable
Whereas everyone else around him got faster and stronger
Holy ****. The spy. We finally found the spy. It took so many months, but we finally did it. Not only that, but it seems the spy has finally given up on being a spy, and is now one of us. This is the greatest success this thread has ever had. For finally helping us catch the spy, we should all give thanks to Gay for being fabulous, as well as his grandma for making soup. To celebrate this historic moment and our victory over the spy, let's all listen to relaxing Gamecube controller sounds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfYXxqvd-Mg
Toon Link is Gay. Main REAL MANLY MAINS like ALBW TOON LINK
Purple and red (because of the pink undershirt) are the manliest and most fabulous. Gay = fabulous = purple and pink = manly. Are you trying to get us to move away from using the most fabulous colors of our main? Does this mean you're working with the spy?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Holy ****. The spy. We finally found the spy. It took so many months, but we finally did it. Not only that, but it seems the spy has finally given up on being a spy, and is now one of us. This is the greatest success this thread has ever had. For finally helping us catch the spy, we should all give thanks to Gay for being fabulous, as well as his grandma for making soup. To celebrate this historic moment and our victory over the spy, let's all listen to relaxing Gamecube controller sounds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfYXxqvd-Mg

Purple and red (because of the pink undershirt) are the manliest and most fabulous. Gay = fabulous = purple and pink = manly. Are you trying to get us to move away from using the most fabulous colors of our main? Does this mean you're working with the spy?
Lmfao I just joined though
SkeletonPuppetDances.gif

YOULL NEVER CATCH ME

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I was going to say something about you having been banned but somehow posting anyway, but now I see what you did there. Then again, how could we expect anything less of the spy who's successfully evaded capture for months? Anyway, welcome to our social thread, Mr. Ex-Spy.
Wait, wha? Who's a spy now?

D

Deleted member

Hey, Ex-Spy, I don't think you should be putting a pillow over UH's face like that so he can't breathe, it's not ni-
Wait, wha? Who's a spy now?
Oh dear. Actually, keep that pillow over his face. Maybe it'll be good for him. I hear he misses Young Link too, that traitor. Ignore my Melee main, I have no idea what a Pichu is.

Also, I just thought it needed to be said that the smilies on this site are amazing. One of these days we should just make post after post of nothing but smileys, maybe even hold a conversation with them. :happysheep::starman::kirby::link::170::172::cool: :i6rkW: :yoshi:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I've always liked the Tangela one, not because I like it as a pokemon, but because of the way its eyes are sheepishly looking away to indicate that you're telling an obvious/amusing lie or that you're deliberately feigning embarrassment. It's brilliant.
:114:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey, Ex-Spy, I don't think you should be putting a pillow over UH's face like that so he can't breathe, it's not ni-
Ya.
Young Link Happy emoticon (scaled down).png

Thank's Artemi-

Oh dear. Actually, keep that pillow over his face. Maybe it'll be good for him. I hear he misses Young Link too, that traitor. Ignore my Melee main, I have no idea what a Pichu is.
What?!?
Young Link mad emoticon (scaled down).png

Why would you let him do that Artemis?! What did I do?! Remember Young Link? What does you MEAN?!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So guys, I have a question.
If Chillin got in trouble with the law and someone called the 5-0, who would arrive first?
Leffen or the police?
Hm, not to sure, though speaking of Leffen

:joyful:. OH GODS. This is priceless! XD

ultrament2

Smash Cadet
NNID
ultrament2
But-but......

Isn't that a little narrow minded? Also, What about songs like Id(purpose) and such?
Stickerbrush Symphony
Team Flare (Battle)
Cynthia's Theme
Try, Try Again
Full Steam Ahead
Gaur Plain
Great Cave Offensive
Great Temple/Temple
Jogging/Running Countdown
Menu 2 (Melee)
Master Hand
Green Greens
Save the World, Heroes! (no Dark Lord tho that makes me salty)
should i go on

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Stickerbrush Symphony
Team Flare (Battle)
Cynthia's Theme
Try, Try Again
Full Steam Ahead
Gaur Plain
Great Cave Offensive
Great Temple/Temple
Jogging/Running Countdown
Menu 2 (Melee)
Master Hand
Green Greens
Save the World, Heroes! (no Dark Lord tho that makes me salty)
should i go on
No, that's fine :). You just had to say Full Steam Ahead and I would have understood. Also the Running Countdown XD.

D

Deleted member

This is officially the best texture hack ever. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=4714
Also, what do you guys think of the whole news with Nintendo, the mobile gaming stuff, the NX thing, and anything else I'm forgetting?
Ya. View attachment 43354

Thank's Artemi-

What?!? View attachment 43355

Why would you let him do that Artemis?! What did I do?! Remember Young Link? What does you MEAN?!
Woah, where did you find those YL smileys? Those are amazing. Also, always happy to be of help in letting you get a pillow to the face.
So guys, I have a question.
If Chillin got in trouble with the law and someone called the 5-0, who would arrive first?
Leffen or the police?
The pizza delivery person would get there first, of course.
Is Marth drinking Monster too? =0
He's drinking the tears of Fox mains.
No good songs?

Dude, what the hell are you on?
Well he's right, the songs on it are terrible. :p Personally I'm probably going to end up selling mine or giving it away or something.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
This is officially the best texture hack ever. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=4714
Also, what do you guys think of the whole news with Nintendo, the mobile gaming stuff, the NX thing, and anything else I'm forgetting?

Woah, where did you find those YL smileys? Those are amazing. Also, always happy to be of help in letting you get a pillow to the face.

The pizza delivery person would get there first, of course.

Well he's right, the songs on it are terrible. :p Personally I'm probably going to end up selling mine or giving it away or something.
YOO
I really want to hack my Brawl, but I have the latest Wii update and really don't want to brick my Wii. :/
I really want this mod as well: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-not-working-with-3-5.340807/

And this Smashville texture, which we see Sigma play a lot on: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=4540
Especially the Smashville one. holy crap.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

YOO
I really want to hack my Brawl, but I have the latest Wii update and really don't want to brick my Wii. :/
I really want this mod as well: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-not-working-with-3-5.340807/

And this Smashville texture, which we see Sigma play a lot on: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=4540
Especially the Smashville one. holy crap.
Those look amazing. It really is too bad that texture hacks aren't a thing for SSB4 yet, hopefully that changes soon. I would love a texture hack that gives Gay a black tunic and red undershirt, a normal black tunic like Link's and YL's in Melee, and a red PJs outfit. I also had this cool Devilchu costume for Pikachu, which was black and red with a black and red headband that had "666" on the back of it. While I don't play as Pikachu in Smash 4 it would still be nice to have that back. I'd probably get a Super Sonic costume for Sonic, too.
Being able to change the music in the game again would be nice, too. In Brawl I had it so Environmental Noises from Pikmin played on every stage. It was amazing and everyone hated using my Wii at tournaments when I brought it as a set up.

Attachments

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Actually, I made those Young Link smileys. You are most welcome to use them :). Also, WHY ARE YOU HAPPY IN LETTING ME BE SUFFOCATED BE A PILLOW?!

Well, while it could go for a lot of money, why wouldn't you just keep it?

Dam it. I should have said that :/.

ultrament2

Smash Cadet
NNID
ultrament2
Money Match me figs I'm best TL on the board and if I'm not I'll become so good I will become the best TL on the board
ps don't mm me i don't have money

Kleric

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrOrdun
Just joined up here; I hope to represent Toon Link the best I can. :)
While not as much as I was before, I am still a considerable noob, and am willing to learn!

My favorite Zelda game is Majora's Mask, right after Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time.

Secondary character.. sort of: Duck Hunt

Likes: The Elder Scrolls series, Game of Thrones, Legend of Zelda, drawing.

Dislikes: Deliberately ignorant & close-minded people, and ladybugs...

Favorite Toon Link Costume: The one I drew for my Avatar... you know the lime-greenish tunic with brown sleeves, and more orange-ish hair. I'm not sure what to call it for short. :ohwell:

Other Facts: I don't have good enough internet to play people at any time; my times being able to play online are when I am at my friends house. If you some reason you desire to have a few matches with me, your best chance is for us to plan ahead, and I'll strictly try finding you when I have access to better internet.

Not much else to say I guess.. except Hello! :surprised:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
@ Kleric Kleric
Welcome to Smashboards. I think you can call your favorite costume NES Toon Link if you want. We're pretty sure that costume in particular is based on Link's appearance in the original Zelda games for the NES.

Kleric

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrOrdun
@ Kleric Kleric
Welcome to Smashboards. I think you can call your favorite costume NES Toon Link if you want. We're pretty sure that costume in particular is based on Link's appearance in the original Zelda games for the NES.
Thanks!
And yeah I thought so as well, I just wasn't too confident in referring to it as that. :o

Edit: Oh yeah! Here's the full size picture of my avatar. Spent 4 hours last night making it, and wouldn't allow myself to be active here until I had a proper avatar. :)
http://khelt.deviantart.com/art/Toon-Link-****-In-Boots-eyes-522310238

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Just joined up here; I hope to represent Toon Link the best I can. :)
While not as much as I was before, I am still a considerable noob, and am willing to learn!

My favorite Zelda game is Majora's Mask, right after Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time.

Secondary character.. sort of: Duck Hunt

Likes: The Elder Scrolls series, Game of Thrones, Legend of Zelda, drawing.

Dislikes: Deliberately ignorant & close-minded people, and ladybugs...

Favorite Toon Link Costume: The one I drew for my Avatar... you know the lime-greenish tunic with brown sleeves, and more orange-ish hair. I'm not sure what to call it for short. :ohwell:

Other Facts: I don't have good enough internet to play people at any time; my times being able to play online are when I am at my friends house. If you some reason you desire to have a few matches with me, your best chance is for us to plan ahead, and I'll strictly try finding you when I have access to better internet.

Not much else to say I guess.. except Hello! :surprised:
Yes, welcome to Smashboards, where hopefully trolls are not too common. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Top Bottom