• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

D

Deleted member

The spoiler glitch in the OP that caused two spoilers to appear instead of one is gone, and the title of this thread appears to have changed while I was asleep. Guys, I think we've been visited by a fairy.

Speaking of other games, has anyone heard anything new about the LoZ game coming out? I haven't heard anything on it aside from that video thing in November or December or so.

Also, I found this picture of Gay with my Melee main, and the amazingness of it is just amazing. Or at least was, but the equality died through a jar of canoes after I increased the size (the original had a height of like 100 pixels or something). The quality ended up becoming so bad after I increased the size a tiny bit that you couldn't even really see Gay or Pichu, so I ended up drawing over it because I've been trying to find a picture of Gay with Pichu for so long and never found one until now (not counting ones with Pichu dressed up as Link).
10413310_1550482801906696_6683139533711525264_n.jpg

I've been thinking about getting rid of the profiles in the OP or at least removing the likes/dislikes/other facts stuff. I only put them there as a conversation starter when this thread was still new, and they're not needed anymore nor does anyone use them anymore. So yeah, thoughts? Would it be alright if I just went ahead and removed them, or should I just shorten them, or?

Last edited by a moderator:

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I'm impartial about the profiles. I don't really look at the first post of this thread anyway. They don't add too much in terms of usefulness, but since this isn't a stickied thread anyway, I guess it's fine?

Also, Yacka's on the front page of the /r/smashbros subreddit :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2xsouu/do_you_want_to_tink_about_that/

This used to be my signature, since I mained Ness in Brawl for a bit before switching to Toon: http://i.imgur.com/Fo4cOpZ.png
It's a pretty large image, don't really want to take up space.
I have this one as well, but never really found a use for it: http://i.imgur.com/fEjUGvr.png
Yep, they're both from the same artist, named Creamsouffle or something.
Also...
but the equality died through a jar of canoes
I get that you meant "quality" instead of "equality", but what were you saying in the rest? lol

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Honestly don't care about the profiles. Either way.

Oh yeah, and...

METAL GEAR!!!

Okay seriously, what is up with the title, I mean I like Snake and all, but just curious.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass + Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain =
That's right, we main Snake now. Basically I'm just hyped for the new Metal Gear game, even though they're using a different voice actor...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Oh. Well, I wouldn't know, never play a Metal Gear game, so....

Plus, I am think about main little mac instead......

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
But without dark gay there wouldn't be a red blue or purple gay because so by the law of transition (or something) he is just as fabulous but he could do better with the brawl pallete

Edit: almost forgot
I like using link as a pocket character against c. Falcon and such characters that gay can't beat and no one thinks he's tournament viable because he's slower than gay and just because he sucked in brawl and was impossibly hard use in it I think he's good like lucario good, slow but if your good you can win

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, so it's okay with everyone if I just go ahead and delete the profile stuff, then? I'm about to go to bed, and if no one has said they want anything about the profiles to stay by the time I get up then I'll just delete them all.

Also, Phantom Hourglass is an amazing game that's underloved. It also shows why Gay is the best Link: he's so fabulous that he gets three fairies.

Meh, I'm impartial about the profiles. I don't really look at the first post of this thread anyway. They don't add too much in terms of usefulness, but since this isn't a stickied thread anyway, I guess it's fine?

Also, Yacka's on the front page of the /r/smashbros subreddit :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2xsouu/do_you_want_to_tink_about_that/

This used to be my signature, since I mained Ness in Brawl for a bit before switching to Toon: http://i.imgur.com/Fo4cOpZ.png
It's a pretty large image, don't really want to take up space.
I have this one as well, but never really found a use for it: http://i.imgur.com/fEjUGvr.png
Yep, they're both from the same artist, named Creamsouffle or something.
Also...

I get that you meant "quality" instead of "equality", but what were you saying in the rest? lol
Those pictures are amazing. Why have I never seen them before? And I typed that from my phone, so it was probably either a typo or autocorrect. The autocorrect on my phone does the weirdest corrections sometimes. It's even tried to change "get" to "gender" for whatever reason, and "corrects" my smileys so the : part goes on the word before and there's a space between the : and the ). Example: )

Honestly don't care about the profiles. Either way.

Oh yeah, and...

METAL GEAR!!!

Okay seriously, what is up with the title, I mean I like Snake and all, but just curious.
I figured the thread titles were just almost entirely random, though not completely since I don't remember there having been any that went off the whole Gay/LoZ topic.

Plus, I am think about main little mac instead......
You are think about main Little Mac instead? If you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say, I smell a traitor. Possibly a spy from the Little Mac board, too. I also smell a lack of fabulousness.

But without dark gay there wouldn't be a red blue or purple gay because so by the law of transition (or something) he is just as fabulous but he could do better with the brawl pallete
Actually, this is a very good point. I can't argue with that.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You are think about main Little Mac instead? If you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say, I smell a traitor. Possibly a spy from the Little Mac board, too. I also smell a lack of fabulousness.
Well, I haven't actually ever posted in the Little Mac threads yet but the original reason I main Toon Link was cause he gave me a similar feel to Young Link. However, after recently playing MM and watching HW Young Link, I had the though of dropping Toon because I don't want to main him because of my love for the Masked Youngster, I want to main gay because I love playing as him and at the moment, it just feels like he is missing something. So yeah, I have being think about dropping Gay, in honour of my love for Young Link, and pick up a different character along side Robin and that character might be Lil Mac cause when I play him, he is just so god dam Freakin funny to play XD.

Also, I guess I lack fabulousness because I like adorableness more and yes, while Toon Link is very adorable, there is no way you can tell me that this guys adorableness

isn't over 9000! X3.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
Also, Phantom Hourglass is an amazing game that's underloved. It also shows why Gay is the best Link: he's so fabulous that he gets three fairies.
my third Zelda game was phantom hour glass gives me the nostalgia of playing windwaker, because it doesn't work I got phantom hour glass and now I don't have either because now I lost hourglass the hardest part was getting through the dungeons for the sand to fill up the hour glass almost had a heart attack multiple times because of the phantoms

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I actually just finished playing Phantom Hourglass a couple weeks ago. I really enjoyed it.
I'm now making my way through Spirit Tracks.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass + Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain =
That's right, we main Snake now. Basically I'm just hyped for the new Metal Gear game, even though they're using a different voice actor...
Both Zelda and Metal Gear are going open world this year, truly a great year for gaming.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Awesome, we got a Snake main in here. Just as planned.

Oh and yeah, open world is just perfect for both franchises. It's going to be so good. I can't even.

Last edited:

MasterIzumi

Smash Rookie
So like. Is this chat dying out or is it me? I refreshed it after a week its on the same page still.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I got my first two Phoenix bombs yesterday, the first one against a Peach where I was doing an instant bomb throw, and the second against a Captain Falcon. He ended up knocking the bomb out of Gay's hand before I could use it though, so I almost wish I hadn't gotten that phoenix bomb lol.

Also, call me crazy but it almost seems like Dark Gay is a "lucky costume" for me even if I prefer the others lol. I sometimes pick my costume for Gay completely randomly, but find myself disproportionately ending up with Dark Gay, and other people have joked about how I somehow play better with that costume. I had the same thing in Brawl with Pikachu's red hat costume even though I liked the blue goggles one more. I eventually ended up switching to red because he's gangsta just without his hat on backwards. If he had his Ethan's hat costume in Brawl I would've used that instead, though. But yeah, anyone else have anything like this "lucky costume" stuff? lol

So like. Is this chat dying out or is it me? I refreshed it after a week its on the same page still.
Who cares? Every thread has slow moments, and if you looked at the other social thread you'd see almost all of them have periods of time where they slow down enough that they're on the same page for this long. I don't know what you even expected to come out of saying this.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Uh excuse me. How come I have got an alert of you quoting me but no answer? Sorry just wonder.
Who cares? Every thread has slow moments, and if you looked at the other social thread you'd see almost all of them have periods of time where they slow down enough that they're on the same page for this long. I don't know what you even expected to come out of saying this.
Hm, not really. The Robin social thread just exceeded over 600 pages yesterday. just saying.

ultrament2

Smash Cadet
NNID
ultrament2
A WEAPON?! A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR?!
Don't you guys just hate it when people L-Hack and Wavecheat in your Melee and they call you the scrub? I swear, people these days. When I was growing up, we didn't have M2K and Mang0, we had Borq and Ken. God bless Borq and his pure gameplay style. No tech, just reads.

D

Deleted member

A WEAPON?! A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR?!
Don't you guys just hate it when people L-Hack and Wavecheat in your Melee and they call you the scrub? I swear, people these days. When I was growing up, we didn't have M2K and Mang0, we had Borq and Ken. God bless Borq and his pure gameplay style. No tech, just reads.
I'm sorry, but the phantom hourglass pain is truly the best weapon. Even just talking about it... Nevermind, I'll stop right there before it happens.
**** wavechearts and L-hackers, though. I'll be kicking ass with Pichu, all nairing around and ****, then the opponent starts hacking and cheating and my nair skill no longer matters. Even reads should be banned; nair skill is where it's at. Whoever can nair the best should win. A lot of people complain that it's simple, but clearly these people have never played Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis. You can play that game with only one button, so you should be able to play Smash with only one button, too. I say "one button" because you should only jump with tap jump. It's just too much win, and jumping with X/Y is for cheaters. Kids these days, though... I swear, they ask for way too much with wanting these extra controls.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
lol
I had a non-competitive friend once tell me that shields were really cheap.
I mean, I guess they are really hard to fight against if you don't log as much time into Smash as us lowlifes do ;_______;
I'm starting to feel lots of self-doubt and anxiety because it's about time when I should REALLY, REALLY start thinking about colleges and my career. Oh my god.
I was thinking about majoring in physics, since it seems fun to knock things around, but damn, I never realized physics was this hard. It's just only about as enjoyable as my other classes now.

Topic switch, Battlefield is such a nice stage for Toon in Smash 4.
It used to be one of my least favorite stages in Brawl. Maybe because Toon's more grounded in this game than his Brawl iteration?
I almost feel like it's easier to control the stage on Battlefield than on FD. It really helps that Toon can zip around all over the place on the platforms and on the main stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lol
I mean, I guess they are really hard to fight against if you don't log as much time into Smash as us lowlifes do ;_______;
I'm starting to feel lots of self-doubt and anxiety because it's about time when I should REALLY, REALLY start thinking about colleges and my career. Oh my god.
I was thinking about majoring in physics, since it seems fun to knock things around, but damn, I never realized physics was this hard. It's just only about as enjoyable as my other classes now.

It used to be one of my least favorite stages in Brawl. Maybe because Toon's more grounded in this game than his Brawl iteration?
I almost feel like it's easier to control the stage on Battlefield than on FD. It really helps that Toon can zip around all over the place on the platforms and on the main stage.
Shielding IS cheap, though. It's a fighting game, you should be giving and taking damage instead of sitting in your shield like a cheating noob. What the **** is a grab? Isn't that when you grab your shield and put it up because that's the only way to counter the cheating noob shielding against you?
It's always sort of odd when subjects involving something you want to do for a job turn out so uninteresting. Is physics really that bad, though? I've been wanting to take some kind of physics class, since nerdy subjects in general are amazing. Except geometry lol. I completely failed at it in high school, and even after that class I ended up taking some state test for geometry where I failed it badly enough that I wouldn't even post that embarrassing score. I would've done a lot better if I had picked random answers. I did pretty well in everything else, so it was weird seeing all 85%+ stuff except for that horrendous geometry score.
... Darn it, I'm just about to try to get some sleep, and all this thinking about geometry is going to give me nightmares about it again lol. That said, language subjects are absolutely amazing.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
lol

One of my friends said Brawl Kirby was OP. Another said Lucas's up-smash in Brawl was OP. The same one said Ness was OP in this game. I know how you feel.

It makes sense that Battlefield is good for TL since he can take advantage of platforms, the stage is smaller, and the platforms may ease his approach problems if he has to and more options to run away and use projectiles.

Last edited:

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
One of my friends said Brawl Kirby was OP. Another said Lucas's up-smash in Brawl was OP. The same one said Ness was OP in this game. I know how you feel.

It makes sense that Battlefield is good for TL since he can take advantage of platforms, the stage is smaller, and the platforms may ease his approach problems if he has to and more options to run away and use projectiles.
I don't get where you friend gets that brawl Kirby is op he's been mid to low tier since melee, and pretty easy to kill smash 4 he's gotten better and mostly thanks ro customs

Lucas was better than Ness though and his up smash was pretty strong it was his best kill move.
Ness op when this came out good and high tier yes op no. If those are characters you used then you must of been playing people who are much worse than you or didn't play competitively, or your friends just don't have that high of standards of what Op is

D

Deleted member

*logs in to see 17 alerts* Wow, did the Gay board explode or something? Oh wait nevermind, that's just Jasudin liking all of my posts again.

Also, @ CURRY CURRY and @ PSIBoy PSIBoy discussion on stages go in the stage discussion thread.

You know what character is truly OP? Melee Kirby, of course. Melee Kirby is the epitome of brokenesss.

Yeah, it's like how everyone thinks metaknight is OP!

Oh wait :troll:
MK is totally OP in Smash 4. I think we should ban him, guys. While we're at it, Gay is broken and needs to be banned, too. At the very least we should ban him for the Link mains since they shouldn't have to feel bad about Gay being more fabulous than Link.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
*logs in to see 17 alerts* Wow, did the Gay board explode or something? Oh wait nevermind, that's just Jasudin liking all of my posts again.

Also, @ CURRY CURRY and @ PSIBoy PSIBoy discussion on stages go in the stage discussion thread.

You know what character is truly OP? Melee Kirby, of course. Melee Kirby is the epitome of brokenesss.

MK is totally OP in Smash 4. I think we should ban him, guys. While we're at it, Gay is broken and needs to be banned, too. At the very least we should ban him for the Link mains since they shouldn't have to feel bad about Gay being more fabulous than Link.
Reminds me of another guy I know.

This is the social thread, so couldn't we theoretically talk about anything that isn't against site rules here? And I was agreeing with him.

No, not even Melee Kirby is as OP as... :ganondorf:. Y'know, the only character other than Brawl Meta Knight to get his own tier, even though it was short lived? Yeah.

Everything on the Brawl tier list higher than Toon Link automatically banned. :troll:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I think SM4SH Kirby is more like Smash Kirby than anything else but that's just me. Anyone else think so?
I do sort of know what you're saying. They just need to make the Dair a bit more stupid powerful, and there needs to be enough shield stun so that U-tilts to F-smash break shields every time XD, oh and he needs that juicy Fair drill back.

This is the social thread, so couldn't we theoretically talk about anything that isn't against site rules here? And I was agreeing with him.
Oh, no I think it was more just like he's trying to encourage posts in the stage thread, so you may as well post any thoughts you've had in here about stages in the stage thread too. You can of course post pretty much whatever in here.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Seriously, the should ban Toon Link with how broken he is. Just look at this
:awesome:.

No, not even Melee Kirby is as OP as... :ganondorf:. Y'know, the only character other than Brawl Meta Knight to get his own tier, even though it was short lived? Yeah.
:4ganondorf: OP? Please, i'll show you what we:younglinkmelee: do to Ganon

This went better in my head :/.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the only tournament worthy character is toon link and everyone else sucks. We should just have toon link only matches and year 20xx is upon us except its all toon link instead of fox

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Oh, no I think it was more just like he's trying to encourage posts in the stage thread, so you may as well post any thoughts you've had in here about stages in the stage thread too. You can of course post pretty much whatever in here.
Oh, okay. Thank you for clarifying.
:ganondorf: OP? Please, i'll show you what we:younglinkmelee: do to Ganon

This went better in my head :/.
That's Melee Ganon, not Brawl Ganon, but the GIF... LOL.

D

Deleted member

I've been thinking about making the match-up thread a general discussion thread, any thoughts on the idea?
I mostly wanted to make it an organized discussion thread since an organized discussion thread makes it so we get to every character, but I've tried everything I could think of to make that thread more active and in all honesty it's just too inactive. On top of that, honestly I've had too much going on irl to be able to update the thread that frequently. As for match-up ratios and guides, I have some other ideas on how to get them.

Also, if we end up going with it becoming a general match-up discussion the name would finally be able to be short enough to have a creative name for it (as in the kind of things in the names like most of the other stickied threads have (like "Orca's Dojo" and "Treasure Charts"). Anyone have any ideas on names for the thread?

Pretty much what Fox said. Sure you can talk about anything here, but it leads to unnecessary disorganization to post things here that would fit better in another thread, and there's no benefit to posting it here instead.
Also, Brawl Ganon is totally OP. Lol back in the Brawl days I lived in a state that had 3 active smashers and the best out of all of us was actually a Ganon main. I main Pikachu in Brawl and the Pika vs Ganon match-up is like 65:35 or 70:30 Pika's favor iirc (a lot of that thanks to chain grabs and Pikachu comboing the crap out of Ganon), but this guy completely wrecked my Pikachu. He two stocked me pretty much every time we played, and I've learned to hate that match-up because of it lol. Ganon too OP :p

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about making the match-up thread a general discussion thread, any thoughts on the idea?
I mostly wanted to make it an organized discussion thread since an organized discussion thread makes it so we get to every character, but I've tried everything I could think of to make that thread more active and in all honesty it's just too inactive. On top of that, honestly I've had too much going on irl to be able to update the thread that frequently. As for match-up ratios and guides, I have some other ideas on how to get them.

Also, if we end up going with it becoming a general match-up discussion the name would finally be able to be short enough to have a creative name for it (as in the kind of things in the names like most of the other stickied threads have (like "Orca's Dojo" and "Treasure Charts"). Anyone have any ideas on names for the thread?
Why not do what the Ness boards do and have one thread for discussing specific matchups and another for general? That way it is easier to find specific matchup discussions while being able to ask questions on other matchups.

As for titles... I'm not that good at brainstorming names. I'll think of some though.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Why not do what the Ness boards do and have one thread for discussing specific matchups and another for general? That way it is easier to find specific matchup discussions while being able to ask questions on other matchups.

As for titles... I'm not that good at brainstorming names. I'll think of some though.
This is also a possibility, but the aforementioned method can work too so long as the OP is kept updated with quotes of the relevant posts about each character.

Top Bottom