• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Characters who Deserved to make it but didnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
UNFAIRLY.
Very unfairly

Yeah, F-ZERO anime FTL.
"From now on, you are the new Captain Falcon"

Yes he can. Just depends on player.
Lol, maybe if you're fighting 3 lvl 1's. I mean like 1 v 3, 3 pros.

I prefer Simon but whatever.
Only PS1 Simon. Not Conan the Barbarian Simon.

I agree with these, but you forgot Geno, Mewtwo, Megaman, Kensuke and Ridley.
Geno, yes. Mewto, sure. Megaman, only X. Kensuke, sorry, but no. Ridley......................

He's too big :)

The Drizzle

Smash Cadet
Issac probably did. If Wario is here, Walugi wouldn't of been terrible. Megaman should be in if Sonic is. Shadow should of been an alt costume instead of an assist trophey.

I wouldn't of cared if Lyndis was a character instead of an assist.

And I wish Doc would of been at least an Alt costume for Mario. I mean, Mario is the mascot of Nintendo. More of him wouldn't of been unfounded.

Oh, yeah, and Wolf Link definitely, or that should have been his down B like Zelda to Shiek. I mean, its Links transformation, and this Link IS based off the Twilight Princess one in appearance, so it would have made sense.

Ike isn't really Ike, cause he can't pull of 1v3 3-stock.
Then Ganon isn't really Ganon, since only Link has ever really stopped Ganon(and even then, that never lasts), and hes got the Triforce of power, meaning he should outpower everyone in Brawl by far.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Then Ganon isn't really Ganon, since only Link has ever really stopped Ganon(and even then, that never lasts), and hes got the Triforce of power, meaning he should outpower everyone in Brawl by far.
Quite observant. That is exactly what it means.

The Drizzle

Smash Cadet
Quite observant. That is exactly what it means.
Next time when I make a comment like that, I should really check to see if that person has said character in their sig.

But yeah, the same could be applied to alot of characters really. Like Olimar is much to tall, Sonic and Falcon are much too slow, Link is underpowered, Rob is useful, ect.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Next time when I make a comment like that, I should really check to see if that person has said character in their sig.

But yeah, the same could be applied to alot of characters really. Like Olimar is much to tall, Sonic and Falcon are much too slow, Link is underpowered, Rob is useful, ect.
You're getting the hang of this

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
A Sensible List:

Mario:
Bowser Jr- Mario needs another villain
Geno - popular 3rd party choice

Zelda:
Skull Kid - Zelda needs more villains

Pokemon:
Mewtwo - popular character and sorely missed veteran

Metroid:
Ridley - need I explain?

StarFox:
Krystal - very popular and important StarFox character, female

Fire Emblem:
Micaiah- New FE rep, female, magic user.

Mother:
Ninten - sorry Claus fans, but the original Mother boy deserves that spot more.

F-Zero:
DeathBorn/Black Shadow - I do not really like either of these characters but F-Zero needs more reps.

Donkey Kong:
K.Rool - popular, villain.

Disaster Day of Crisis:
Ray- Olimar represented new Gamecube franchises, so Ray would represent new Wii franchises.

Joy Mech Fight:
Sukapon: Retro goodness.

Balloon Fight:
Ballooner - more retro goodness.

Random, WTF CHARACTER SPOT GOES TO.................................

DISKUN!

That's all for now. Bye.

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
A Sensible List:

Mario:

StarFox:

Mother:
Agreed in all senses. Ninten is another main character, so why would they give Claus his own spot? More I would like to have seen is
Issac- Golden Sun
Roy- I miss him!!

Almst

Smash Rookie
I think Rutger (Rutoga) from Fire Emblem 6 had a chance if the game were localized. I'm atleast glad they made him a sticker. I'm kind of getting a tad sick of lords in smash, hence my choice being Rutger, a normal mymridon or however it's spelled. I've played Fire Emblem 6, and his affinity (bond element thing) is Darkness. This could have been useful in developing some of his attacks, and it would actually put more use into those Darkness stickers for Ganon only. Overall, he had potential IMHO.

Iachoku

Smash Rookie
For starters, Mewtwo should've made a return. I still don't understand why Mewtwo was removed in the first place.
I'd love to have Krystal in.
Tails, or Shadow (even though he'd most likely be a clone).
And I think Paper Mario would have been a very interesting addition to Brawl.
Oh, and Spyro the Dragon. If Spyro were in Brawl, or in any future installments of Smash (if they are any), I'd probably s*** myself.

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
A Sensible List:

Mario:

Zelda:

Pokemon:
Mewtwo - popular character and sorely missed veteran

Metroid:
Ridley - need I explain?

StarFox:

Fire Emblem:
Micaiah- New FE rep, female, magic user.

Mother:

F-Zero:
DeathBorn/Black Shadow - I do not really like either of these characters but F-Zero needs more reps.

Donkey Kong:
K.Rool - popular, villain.

Disaster Day of Crisis:
Ray- Olimar represented new Gamecube franchises, so Ray would represent new Wii franchises.

Joy Mech Fight:
Sukapon: Retro goodness.

Balloon Fight:
Ballooner - more retro goodness.
I would also like master chief

shinsengumi101

Smash Rookie
Characters I would like to see

I would also like master chief
Agreed.
Some of the character's I would like to see are:

Ridley- like every1 else

Isaac- Golden Sun. I've been a HUGE Golden Sun fan and was very disappointed to only see Isaac as an assist trophy. he deserves better than that.

Bryan (or whatever his name is)- Quest 64. He would be able to use all the elements and he has plenty of mooves/spell to give him the right amount of attacks.

Master Chief- Halo (If bungie agreed to it) Most Definately. this would also give the show "Arby 'n' the Chief" some more material

Rayman- Maybe?

Turok- (from the original Turok 64) I think he would be a total bad*** like Snake

Midna- even if she couldn't make it as a Brawl character, she could replace Isaac as an assist trophy, and Isaac could become playable.

Bomberman- He's been around for quite a while and could use some attention

That are the only ones I can think up of atm. If I had to chose one that would be accepted over the rest I would go with Bryan from Quest64. Krystal ??? ehh...I think she would probably end up like wolf and just being a spinoff of Fox/Falco. No offense to Krystal fans

EDIT: ADD TUROK/MIDNA/BOMBERMAN

sandaman

Smash Cadet
Man, Waluigi, Knuckles, Koopa trooper, King Boo, Bowser Jr and Toad would have been sweet if they were in.

smashbot226

Smash Master
No votes for the Black Knight...? Come on people, he's an amazing villian and would kill everyone but Ike seeing as how his armor is invincible...(Although it wouldn't be that way in Brawl, I'm just going by game story...)
Agreed completely.

Mario:

Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario

DK:

K. Rool
(MAYBE one other Kong)

LoZ:

Mask Link
Toon Ganon (At least he HAS sword...)

Metroid:

Sylux
Ridley

Yoshi:

Kamek
Shy Guy

Kirby:

Adeline

Star Fox:

Krystal
NO FALCO

Pokemon:

Darkrai
Mewtwo
Deoxys

F-Zero:

Black Shadow

Earthbound/Mother:

Claus

Fire Emblem:

NO MARTH
Black Knight
Micaiah
(MAYBE Stephan or Soren)

WarioWare:

Ashley

Other Series:

Crosser
Glover

3rd Party:

Megaman
(Possibly Bomberman)

Wow, some of these characters aren't too good.

TUROK, MC, and of all people, DBZ fellows?

LOLOLOLOLOLno

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
also toon zelda wouldnt be bad. but she would turn into tetra instead. not shiek.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
List of the most deserved and what were the most possible for brawl that wasnt in brawl

most deserved:

bowser jr (throw shells, hide in shell, fire breath, paint brush)
krystal

most deserved but probably needs a few changes
mewtwo (psychic attack (blasy of energy that explodes, but you can only just see it before explosion and confusion, much smaller blast, shorter range, easy to see but slightly stuns)
goes with most deserved, only attacks would be unknown
zelda/tetra (idk what tetra could do)

less deserved:
shadow the hedgehog (he could use chaos control)
mega man (like kirby, he could also use diffrent powers btw)
sylux, trace and maybe other bounty hunters (one reason especially: because of the morth abilities)
trace can use his red laser like robs only launches to the end of the stage and HAS to charg. no smaller or larger laser
gooey (absorb abilities like kirby, but with a tongue?) (uses different specials and attacks) (attacks using his tongue?)
Raichu (iron tail/slam, long reach, high damage) )shock wave: surrounds frony, under, back and up, but a bit slow and under moderate knockback and moderate damage charged, chargeable) (also I like raichu)

less deserved but needs thinking about:
geno (if his hands can slightly shoot like rob down air)
waluigi (one move can be that waluigi tornado like in power tennis. )
jeff (bazookas, lazors, guns, slime generator, and possible final smash: hungry hp sucker)
tails (he can have a controlable long second jump, but what about his attacks? will he be a clone?)
chrono (lightning attack, slash attack, cyclone attack from game.)

least deserved but possible:
bomber man (throw bomb, leave bomb on floor, forward smash bomb in face??)
bonkers (throw coconuts, hammers, jump up and down causing a tiny earthquake?)

immpossible:

The H Kid

Original
let me think...
James Bond
Batman
Yugioh

Im only kidding guys. It would be nice to have Roy, Mewtwo and young link back. Maybe Sora.

Demon_Parasite

Smash Cadet
Animal Crossing Villager. We have AC stage, trophies, songs, stickers, an item, everything. But no playable character. They could use the axe for smash attacks, the fishing rod for grabs/tether recovery, and anything else you find in animal crossing. Maybe the Dsmash could be like Snake's, but with a pitfall.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
i wanted hector soooooooo bad cause he was the best FE lord ever, with the possible exception of ike, but hector gets his axe and a sword, and half the reason ike was good was because of aether. I knew it wasnt gonna happen tho...

Back to smash, they need more FE, Chrono would be sick, and there are tons others that i had on my list, but i havent dreamt about people being in smash since before the roster was confirmed, so i forgot em all.

Btw, the next person who seriously thinks Cloud should be added deserves to be punched in the face.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Here's a moveset for Tetra.

Up-B: Grappling Hook
B: Fires a small cannon
Down-B: Turns into Toon Zelda
Side-B: Gets her sword and launches into a flurry of slashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom