• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Cave Bi-Weeklies Official Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Good games to all.

Zane, I got you back.

Me14k, do you have to **** me?

Kit, forgot about that Fox. Woulda went Floats, then.

Ray, fun set. Hella close on Poke.

Kels, >_>. My DK needs some sheik practice ASAP. I'm supposed to be the grabby character...

Khepri, that is one sexy Falcon. More friendlies next time?

Mars, shoulda been 2-0. Fun stuff, though.

Quaz, why couln't you stay Sheik? And did you have to ban Yoshi's?

Ouen, you're definitely improving. Keep it up.

Fire and Snow, hope to see you guys again. Keep practicing.

Monster Biscuit, I love you.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Well time for some shoutouts;

Khepri-2-1, you won but still, I beat you. Lol.

Me14k- Lol, I should have had that match, maybe next time I’ll ban a better stage.

Halfdemon- I was watching you play, then I noticed how crazy your hair is, and couldn’t stop looking. I know, I should have beaten you 2-0, but what can I say?

Zane- Falco for the win, shouldn’t pick pokefloats against falco.

Quaz- I did better then I thought I would have, I still don’t see how I lost that first match, must have gotten clumsy having a 110% lead.

Kels- At least I can fight your sheik well. Your fox really takes advantage of my crouch canceling though…

Snow- Rofl, don’t be mad, I’m just better then you. Just stick with falco, and don’t counterpick yourself (battlefield). I know, I just wanted to get some falcon punches in a tourney match, and you were my best option.

Fire- Glad we got to play, keep playing.

Ray- Nice falco, I cheaped you out though. But that is falcos only weakness lol.

Ouen- Lol, good matches, My link is pretty bad, but you have improved lol.

Kit- So sexy, we should team, but we would probably lose.

Well that’s all for this tourney, if I missed you GG. I did pretty bad in the beginning, but I only had 10 minutes of practice, but hey, no johnz.

Haha

Smash Rookie
I am leaving for chicago today, so will probably be htere by tommorrow, since I don't know if I will have comp access up there my number is 832-466-9708, give me a call toward evening since I will be doing touristy stuff during the day.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Fire - ROFL, why did you counterpick Floats, choose Fox and run into EVERY one of my Fsmashes?

Btw, I can't Super Wavedash under pressure for some reason >.>

Johns amirite?

Snowstorm

Smash Apprentice
Mars we know your better than me and I'm not mad about it. I'm just disappointed with your attitude and how you are mad at me even though you win.

Snowstorm

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for double post in advance. Uh Fire is my friend who I brought to the tourney. I know he sucks, but we just had this joke that if he counterpicked poke floats whenever he could he might have a chance of winning a match

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
I think I know a bit more, lower down.

7. halfDemon
8. Zane Fleia
9. Ray

Could be off, don't think it is. *Shrugs*

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Sorry for double post in advance. Uh Fire is my friend who I brought to the tourney. I know he sucks, but we just had this joke that if he counterpicked poke floats whenever he could he might have a chance of winning a match
That was really obvious, you know. You two talked to each other the whole time almost and were wearing almost identical shirts. And "Snow" and ""Fire" doesn't make it any harder to figure out >_>

Zane - I had a lot of fun playing friendlies before the tourney, even though I lost every match :laugh:

The rest of you who were telling the people I faced to do certain things against me - It's not that helpful if you tell someone to do something, and I hear it, because I know to look out for it >_>

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
1: Khepri ($28)
2: Kels ($14)
3: Me14K ($5)
4: Kit
5: Quaz
6: Mars
7: Half Demon
8: Zane
9: Ray
10: Snowstorm
11: Ouendanation
12: Fire

Sorry it took so long guys

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Zane - I had a lot of fun playing friendlies before the tourney, even though I lost every match :laugh:
Yeah, you too. You'll definitely get better, I saw a bunch of improvement since last time. Looking forward to next time, I'll get some more games in with you! ^_^

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm going to try and make it to the next one of these bad boys, since i've missed out on quite a bunch. Money making johns and female johns are certainly acceptable.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
1: Khepri ($28)
2: Kels ($14)
3: Me14K ($5)
4: Kit
5: Quaz
6: Mars
7: Half Demon
8: Zane
9: Ray
10: Snowstorm
11: Ouendanation
12: Fire

Sorry it took so long guys
Rofl, I didn't come in last place for once!

But seriously, you guys really think I'm improving? I thought I was doing about the same as I was in the first and second tourney.

khepri

Smash Lord
Kit - You're getting a lot better, seriously, good ****. I'm talking about both your samus and fox. I'd still recommend you u-tilt more though.

Kels - Too bad...Maybe next time.

Mars - GG, your samus is getting better too.

Me14K - Those were close. We need more matches next time, as well as our mm. We should raise the price to $3?

Quaz - Nice having you over, if only you had figured out how to attack earlier on the trip other than 15 minutes before you left.

halfDemon - That DK is **** sexy, you have to show me how to do the up-b attack for the kill.

Zane - Love the kill you pulled off with kirby on jungle japes.

Ouen - I didn't get to play your samus, let me try em next time.

I won't see any of you until january when I get back from cali. Don't worry though, I'll be playing lucky, mango, and their crew quite often so I'll hopefully bring back some more competition for you all.

Mars-

Smash Champion
hey mars are there any vids of me recorded you could put up? doesn't matter if I won/lost them I'd just like some new vids of myself up really
Yeah, I do, but right now I got only 2 matches up, I have all of my tourny matches ready, which includes me vs you. Tonight I'm going to try to finish the rest of the videos, and then I will upload them.

BTW, anyone know who the first person to play a tourny match on that tv was?

I won't see any of you until january when I get back from cali. Don't worry though, I'll be playing lucky, mango, and their crew quite often so I'll hopefully bring back some more competition for you all.
Err, just read this. You better be better a month before brawl.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
halfDemon - That DK is **** sexy, you have to show me how to do the up-b attack for the kill.

Lol, thanks. If you really want, I'll share my secret... I press up+B when next to them

That's unfortunate. I was really wanting some more friendlies.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Pfft, I'm confident melee tournaments will continue after the release of brawl.

half - I mean when they come in from the top. I have horrible timing for it, never seems to work for me.
If you really want, I'll show you next time.

As for still playing Melee, I hope not. We've had Melee for what, six years? I think it's time to move on.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Melee tourneys will still be running long after Brawl's release. Sure, they'll take a drop since we got a shiny new game, but I can't see Brawl as being a replacement for Melee. An entirely different game, more like it. We all know by now that a good portion of the stuff we're used to are either changed or gone (SHFFLing is if you aerial after fast-falling, no L-Cancel with a button, no wavedashing or the airdodge we're used to, hookshot and such automatically go for the sweetspot, sweetspotting is entirely different in general, so on, so forth). Character matchups are going to change, the way you play your character is going to change, mostly everything'll end up different. I can see a bunch of people sticking to Melee, or going back later. It'll probably rise up again when the initial "**** Yes, Brawl Is Out!" hype starts to lose out.

And also, that Kirby kill on Japes was indeed sexy. Too bad it was the only one. XD

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Transition from SSB to SSBM was rather quick. Just as it was for Guilty Gear, and Capcom vs SNK, and etc. Unless it's truly impossible to play at an "advanced" level, Brawl will replace Melee rather quickly. And I support such.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Transition from SSB to SSBM was rather quick. Just as it was for Guilty Gear, and Capcom vs SNK, and etc. Unless it's truly impossible to play at an "advanced" level, Brawl will replace Melee rather quickly. And I support such.
Yeah i'm pretty sure there will be tournaments for Melee after Brawl comes out, but they will be strictly out of novelty and for those die-hards that don't want to let it go, like SSB is now.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Well that depends completely on the quality of the game.

The GG series has been taking a SF2 approach where it is only a new "version" of the game and not a new game entirely. Its the same engine used in each game but tweaks were made in an attempt to further balance out the roster.

CvS on the other hand was just a bad game to begin with. It was no surprise that the entire community flocked to the second game quickly.

SSB's competitive scene was laughable at best and it was (just like CvS) a terrible game. (It was really fun though) In no way did the SSB "scene" transition to SSBM because there was none to begin with.

People need to start looking at Brawl realistically. It's not being catered for a serious scene but for a more casual crowd and this easily diminishes the games chances of having much depth at all.

Switching from melee -> Brawl quickly a pretty piss poor move. You're counting your chickens before they hatch.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I just want to play mars-, Samus match! But for real, ur goin down mars.
You coming to one of these?

People need to start looking at Brawl realistically. It's not being catered for a serious scene but for a more casual crowd and this easily diminishes the games chances of having much depth at all.
Sakurai has been making it pretty easy to notice that he is aware of the competitive scene. He seems to be making all characters equally as good, which would only help. I find it funny how only the midwest thinks that brawl will be bad, the west coast players who actually played it think it will be a good game and the east coast players only have good things to say about the new features.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
I never said Brawl would be a bad game. Not once. I think it will be quite enjoyable. I just don't think it'll be as good for a competitive scene. ^_^

Razor

Smash Journeyman
so is the next tourny on the 22nd?

brawl's going to suck.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Sakurai has been making it pretty easy to notice that he is aware of the competitive scene. He seems to be making all characters equally as good, which would only help. I find it funny how only the midwest thinks that brawl will be bad, the west coast players who actually played it think it will be a good game and the east coast players only have good things to say about the new features.
Please explain how you can tell how he is making all the characters "equally" as good. I doubt during the small preview they had in the WC they were able to really get into the characters indepth and understand what they were really capable off.

I never said I think brawl will be "bad". It's just that I have my doubts about it being taken to a competitive level.

Of course the WC has many positive things to say about the game because it is brand new. What I'm afraid of is after a year the community quickly dieing out due to lack of interest/poor gameplay. Look at games like Soul Cal 2+3. Their scenes took off during the first year but quickly died out in the following.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I might come to one of these, hope it's not to late to join the melee scene ^ ^. The only thing I'm concerned of is this for adults only? Lol, "the cave" sounds like a bar that's all. Because I know a lot of melee players are in there 20's as well, I might feel a little out of place being 16....Would this be a problem?

Me14k

Smash Lord
Hey, I might come to one of these, hope it's not to late to join the melee scene ^ ^. The only thing I'm concerned of is this for adults only? Lol, "the cave" sounds like a bar that's all. Because I know a lot of melee players are in there 20's as well, I might feel a little out of place being 16....Would this be a problem?
Its a clean place.

Im 16. There are 14 year olds here. You will be fine.

what suburb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom