• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***The Cave Bi-Weeklies Official Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
eh sadly no, It's ok i don't need a carpool, I can drive (poorly) just got my license...
so this is exciting though, I didn't know there was someone so close to me that smashed also!!
The only person I play is my best friend that goes to meadows and he is decent, I could convince him to come to, he's got a decent shiek. Well my gf plays too...but she isnt serious about smash

sorry I take so long to respond...smashboard pages load really slowly on my browser.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Lol, ya except I can't practice often though, I just got my video games taken away for getting bad grades (straight B's) So thats why i thought the cave would be a great place to play. Do i need to be a member there to play? I am really looking to find some new people to play because I only have 1 friend right now that plays smash also, and he's pretty easy to beat. If I can get my games back over Christmas break i'll try to record some footage of me playing so you can get an idea if I'm worthy of the cave, lol ^ ^. Do any of you have some footage from some of the tournaments?

Haha

Smash Rookie
It seems my post mght have got lost, but I made it to Chicago wensday and would love to get a smashfest or two going while I am up here. i am talking to Cap. Awesome about one, but would love to catch more people. I am staying around harlem and Grand ave.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Death lets carpool, your parents drive one way ours drive the other. Its easier, no?

You could smash with us sometime but im pretty busy this week. Ill see you at the cave.

crimsonman

Smash Cadet
Hey Haha your not too far from my location I'm holding a small smashfest at my house you're welcome to come by today after 2pm and if anybody else is coming here's the address: 3937 N Francisco Ave.
by Irving Park and California.
But if you're coming haha take the bus 80 on Irving to Francisco Ave. and your there.

See ya there.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
It's funny how people are discovering other people who live in their area and setting up chicago get togethers in the CAVE tournament thread.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=115739
Huh, This my fault -_- I'm sorry, It's just the cave is so close to where I live, and there are actually other people in the buffalo grove area that post here and I thought I would just get to know some of the guys, is that so wrong?

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
How about any of those friendlies between you, Ouendenation, and I? I'm sure he'd like some videos of him up, and I definitely wouldn't mind mine up. Or do you still have more tourney matches recorded to put up first?

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
AHH, Those matches were insanely good. You guys were really evenly matched too. I have to say; I couldn't beat either of you. Props. to Quaz for wicked missle dodging skills. And Mars you have a beast of an aerial game + good recoveries. I'm not so sure about playing in tournaments with you guys anymore -_-'
I would not supply a decent fight!

Mars-

Smash Champion
Ouen, I uploaded some videos of you, they might not appear right away but they are up. AIM me if you want them right now and I'll give you the link.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Mars, I was just wondering. How do you know who's playing in the sets you put up? I mean, some matches would be obvious because of character/color or tags, but what if they play some random character for all the matches of the set... And a round robin would be even crazier to depict, because you can't follow a bracket. So, how do you do it?

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Mars, I was just wondering. How do you know who's playing in the sets you put up? I mean, some matches would be obvious because of character/color or tags, but what if they play some random character for all the matches of the set... And a round robin would be even crazier to depict, because you can't follow a bracket. So, how do you do it?
Well if everyone sticks with the same tag then we could tell, but ya, it could get confusing if people changed tags. So anyway I would love to come to the tournament on Saturday, but i can't be sure that I can go. My parents really hate my SSBM hobby, they don't support it at all. Maybe if I dragged a friend along with me it would seem like I'm doing something worthwhile to them.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Heh, it just happens.

Me14k

Smash Lord
HalfDemon & Zane Fleia: I might be able to give a ride to the cave, Zane can you ride home? Half cant..

Quaz: team right?

btw are the rankings getting updated with the RR results?

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Can't Kit? Really, really don't wanna be the ride back home this time. Dark and snowy. Mom hates the weather, and really, she deserves a break sometime. >.>

Me14k

Smash Lord
Kit isnt going, He will be out of town.

Your mom fo sho needs a break, to be honest its ridiculously nice how much she has driven us. If not for your mom we wouldn't have been able to go to the majority of cave events.

Now that I think about it...We can ask dillion if he wants to go at VGC! Hurray. If that happens my dad can drive there and dillion can drive back.

Updated Rankings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom