• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Calm Before The Storm....

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
This is it guys. The final lap. No more talking about the game, no more speculating, no more delays, no more anything. In just 6-8 hours (depending on location) we will finally own Brawl. Wifes will be neglected as will be children. Animals will go unfed. Somebody is going to get shot or stabbed. Quarreling families will cease their aggravation with one another. The war will temporarily stop, Bush will say a sentence correctly. Even Will Ferrell will become good funny and not stupid funny.

This is big. The anticipation I am feeling is enormous. If I were in the DBZ universe, my aura could destroy Namek 3 times over. It feels so surreal. It almost seems as if I was in a dream, because it just doesen't feel as if I should be this close. The tension with my friends as well as myself could drown a dry city. You can almost take a knife and cut through it.

Kirby: The Crystal Shards was a valiant solider in killing time, but alas, only 10 shards left to collect, and I can knock that game out in an hour, for good.

This may be my final thread for a while. I hope you guys have your gameface on.

Because tonight, is the night.

We Brawl.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
LavisFiend;4084406[font=verdana said:
This is it guys. The final lap. No more talking about the game, no more speculating, no more delays, no more anything. In just 6-8 hours (depending on location) we will finally own Brawl. Wifes will be neglected as will be children. Animals will go unfed. Somebody is going to get shot or stabbed. Quarreling families will cease their aggravation with one another. The war will temporarily stop, Bush will say a sentence correctly. Even Chuck Norris will shed a tear.

This is big. The anticipation I am feeling is enormous. If I were in the DBZ universe, my aura could destroy Namek 3 times over. It feels so surreal. It almost seems as if I was in a dream, because it just doesen't feel as if I should be thishttp://smashboards.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif
:laugh: close. The tension with my friends as well as myself could drown a dry city. You can almost take a knife and cut through it.

Kirby: The Crystal Shards was a valiant solider in killing time, but alas, only 10 shards left to collect, and I can knock that game out in an hour, for good.

This may be my final thread for a while. I hope you guys have your gameface on.

Because tonight, is the night.

We Brawl.[/font]
:laugh:

I am ****ing pumped. Plus, I am one of the 32 people to play in the GS tourney tonight. Before I go though, I have to pay my respects to Melee, by playing a full four stock match, with EVERY character. Then, I will end it by playing one last match with Young Link. Goodbye Young Link, you were a great main.....Hello Toon Link!!!!

Synth

Smash Cadet
That was... beautiful, man. It almost makes me sad to hear that because of the fact that all of my gamestops cancelled their midnight launches due to 2 feet of snow and rising.... But that's okay because for the rest of us....

TONIGHT.... WE BRAWL.... IN HELL!!!!!!

illphil

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping to write my essays for school all day today but I'm already finished with them. I have 7 hours before I have to go out for a 1-2 hour gig then come home watch TV and sleep. Wtf do I do for the next 7 hours?! This is hell

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Yes. I can feel the anticipation of thousands of americans across the Atlantic even here. This certainly is the best time of the year. Have a seat, take a beer, turn on the Brawl OST, and just feeeeeel it.

Synth

Smash Cadet
:laugh:

I am ****ing pumped. Plus, I am one of the 32 people to play in the GS tourney tonight. Before I go though, I have to pay my respects to Melee, by playing a full four stock match, with EVERY character. Then, I will end it by playing one last match with Young Link. Goodbye Young Link, you were a great main.....Hello Toon Link!!!!
I've been doing that for the past week and a half to prepare me for the upcoming tournament that... got postponed for tomorrow. >_< ARGH! Haha. So nothing else for me to do but cycle through all the chars again in a bunch of 1 minute matches with Link. Woot woot.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
This thread wins.
Also, it should be noted that on Brawl's release, several successful divisions by zero will occur.
-DD

Why do you think I put it at the end?

Had to conclude that paragraph with SOMETHING! :bee:

I feel bad for putting it in there, but if I didn't end it with something, I would have continued making metaphors. :(
Well, I suppose you could have used a less commonly used but equally manly figure, such as Steven Seagal or Megatron.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I get it at 9 am tomorrow........but this is still just a little bit longer till we have it

"tonight we dine with Brawl"

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
well put

as for 300 quotes...lol

"The delays were stifling, they narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away. "

tonight is the night that (for those of you that havnet played already :laugh:) we brawl

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
It does feel almost unreal... the game I've waited for so long and seen videos and dreamed of is finally going to be mine.

I need to sleep soon, but after I wake I will rush to get it. Hopefully morning will come fast and then I can have fun playing it.

Very temping to make an excuse why I have to leave work early tonight but I think I'll tough it out. Taking a 80$ hit for a few extra Brawl hours is tempting but probably not worth it.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
This sucks. I kept waking up at different times early today. I wanted to wake up 11-12 to make my day shorter but it failed. Now I did my homework and I'm all done for today. So now I'm just on the intrawebz waiting for the day to end and I can go to bed

But...

But I like Will Ferrell.

I know, I really shouldn't. But deep down, in my cold black stone of a heart, I think he's really great.

Feel free to crucify me.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
But...

But I like Will Ferrell.

I know, I really shouldn't. But deep down, in my cold black stone of a heart, I think he's really great.

Feel free to crucify me.
I like him too, but seriously man, he only is funny because he does stupid things.

He isn't authentic funny like Jim Carrey when he was Ace Ventura.

Although his latest movie, Semi-Pro wasn't all that great.

Top Bottom