• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BUM movement.

BUM163

Smash Lord
yooo did ya see how dk lookz?amazin.him,wario n bowser 4 brawl baby lol.ight vanz i'm havin 2 rooms 4 sure this time around.dk is gonna[hopefully]b great in brawl n the otha two characters i mention as well

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Bum should face CJ in DK mirror. That would be a sight, but my bet is on CJ.
That would be tight, like the Canada Mike and CJ match.
but I heard someone say that CJ quit DK, I don't remember where but I really need someone to confirm this for me

El HP

Smash Ace
In a match between BUM and CJ i'm sure BUM would be the winner after all DK is his main and he uses DK in tournaments agaisnt the top players CJ as far as I know he never uses DK in tournaments and isn't his main character.

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Gkryptonite said:
but I heard someone say that CJ quit DK, I don't remember where but I really need someone to confirm this for me
For what it’s worth, his SmashWiki page has DK listed there. :confused:

In a similar vein, according to this page, CJ did indeed beat Bum at his own game, a couple of years ago. However, even if this is accurate, a lot can change in three years …

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
According to which part of that exactly? CJ and BUM haven't ever been at the same tournament.

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Andy said:
According to which part of that exactly? CJ and BUM haven't ever been at the same tournament.
As I said, it’s not that credible, but:
Tsetse (7th post down) said:
There are actaully some real old vids of when CJ came to US the first time about 3 years ago of bum playing DK dittos with him and CJ winning

BUM163

Smash Lord
ya crazy but wassup people how ya doin?the only i can say about aob is that he doesn't use dk in tournaments but that doesn't mean he can't win just no proof behind it.if u wanna talk 2 me my aol name is oni163.in brawl my big bad three 4 now is dk,bowser n wario fat *** lol.u see how he shakes hiz booty lol hez gay

Cia

das kwl
ya crazy but wassup people how ya doin?the only i can say about aob is that he doesn't use dk in tournaments but that doesn't mean he can't win just no proof behind it.if u wanna talk 2 me my aol name is oni163.in brawl my big bad three 4 now is dk,bowser n wario fat *** lol.u see how he shakes hiz booty lol hez gay
lmao!! that post was really gay.. you should go to smashacre. and recruit all the the non believers..

(lolz @ the BUM movement. it's like a religion)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Huh? You haven't been around long enough, Bum. I've used DK in lots of tourneys. And just like you, I did better than most people thought a monkey could.

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
The thing is, Andy, Bum didn’t just exceed expectations — he really shocked a lot of people. Hence “The Bum Movement”, M I RITE LOLZ?

But you are right in that there have always been good DK players. Your hard work is not forgotten …! :laugh:

Zettai Kurayami

Smash Apprentice
Cant believe this is still going, everybody plays DK now we get it. It just irritates me that it took people this long to find out DK was a really good character. Bum is still an inspiration to all the DK mains that were around before his amazingness at MLG like me but people have also forgot about other inspiring amazing DK's like AOB and CJ.

POWER TO THE MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Did pkm play DK all the way through? Wow. I remember him from my HRC days many years ago.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Did pkm play DK all the way through? Wow. I remember him from my HRC days many years ago.
Yes I did. :)

DK for life Man.

And I also remember you Andy, i'll always remember your yoshi WR vid back then, it was the first time I tried hard to find a song playing in the background of an HRC vid, I felt pretty dumb, but the song was worth it. :)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Seeing you get 9th at OC and BUM tear up EC tourneys makes me realize how overrated I was with DK, just like with Jiggly before that. But I guess having everyone think you're good is better than nothing!

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
It's nice to see that BUM is getting the respect that he deserves; not that he wasn't getting any from the East Coast, mind you. I've played him plenty of times in Gauntlets and he's definitely the real deal for anyone that needs proof that he owns.

I wouldn't say that he inspired me to play DK because I've been playing with DK ever since the original Smash Bros. I just don't play DK competitively, as you can tell from my avatar I play Ganon. Maybe the next NYC tourney, I'll try it out with my DK, though I'm pretty sure I won't do as good as my Ganon.

In any case, BUM does inspire me to continue playing with the low tier characters. Like him, I personally prefer the slower characters. He's right when it comes to the characters. There isn't any low tier characters but rather "low tier people." People have to step up their game. I'm sure as hell trying to with my Ganon. Look at Dire with his G&W or Tipmann with his Ganon or Gimpyfish with his Bowser. They are really good with the characters that they play and statistically, they aren't top tier.

OK enough with the essay. BUM is teh 1337.

Cia

das kwl
Lolz @ Bum being #1 in NYC with DK.

and lmao @ the tournament on Friday. Bum (Falco) vs VaNz (Pichu) everyone was sooo confused

saberhof

Smash Master
id really like to know how did you come out, like...like you did! i mean, first appearence at mlg?, 4th place?. how did this happen >_>, where you trained by someone?..i never knew about you until you hit 4th place wit the monkey.

on another note, i play DK because of CJ, i havnt seen many of your videos except when you pwned isai, but you are still awsome...

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
id really like to know how did you come out, like...like you did! i mean, first appearence at mlg?, 4th place?. how did this happen >_>, where you trained by someone?..i never knew about you until you hit 4th place wit the monkey.

on another note, i play DK because of CJ, i havnt seen many of your videos except when you pwned isai, but you are still awsome...
I agree, BUM, if your out there, please anwser us.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
If u really wanna know...

Bum used to attend a lot of smashfests but never entered any tournaments for a while. When he finally decided to enter one, it was a gauntlet. It also happened to be the gauntlet that had the largest attendance ever. 110 people!!!

And @ that tournament he got 3rd

I don't think bum has ever placed outside of top 10 since he's started entering tournaments

saberhof

Smash Master
If u really wanna know...

Bum used to attend a lot of smashfests but never entered any tournaments for a while. When he finally decided to enter one, it was a gauntlet. It also happened to be the gauntlet that had the largest attendance ever. 110 people!!!

And @ that tournament he got 3rd

I don't think bum has ever placed outside of top 10 since he's started entering tournaments
ok now my new question, will you be making a combo video?...thats where i mostly learn out of >_>...

or if i could just get a vid of you playing a marth...

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
well then u guys r gonna wanna come to DK SmAsHbowl 2007 in baltimore cause Bums prolly comin down to that...along with some other really good players like chu chillen m2k and im gonna try and get azen back

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
I use Dk for my main needless to say he has more than just a pack of punches if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom