• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BUM movement.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The BUM movement... i started thinking maybe he came out with a new dance move :chuckle:

I am not planning on picking up DK but i will give my props to the man!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I stand by my quote:
a pro falco/fox/marth is poetry in motion.
a pro DK is gibberish in neutral.
Bum is awesome, I'd love to play him, but no matter how great you are with DK, it's never going to be....graceful

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Ha, well, I have played a lot of people with glasses, and I don't remember this name. Where was this? I'm very disappointed to hear that I was beaten by a nobody friend.
It was a smashfest at a dorm or college in Illinois. He said it was really close so he had to spam turnips at the end to win. Then again, knowing his ego, he could have just made this up. I wasn't there so I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy of this story. Oh, and he's a high-schooler. I think he said your Falcon(?) beat him afterwards.

Terrorking91

Smash Cadet
DK is awesome and this BUM player is here to prove it to you all BOWHAHAHAHAAHHAHH!! (lol) anyway i played DK in SSB64 and fox, as melee came along i went to the Fox path. I haven't played DK for like 3 years! A little bit ago i started playing him again and then recently i heard about BUM and how good he is. DK still isnt my main or secondary but he is always fun to play :D

As for BUM congradz on comeing in 4th

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I stand by my quote:
a pro falco/fox/marth is poetry in motion.
a pro DK is gibberish in neutral.
Bum is awesome, I'd love to play him, but no matter how great you are with DK, it's never going to be....graceful
DK is Dave Chappelle at Def Poetry Jam
:056::057::dk::monkey:

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
I notice DK is becoming REALLY popular. A lot of people around my area are using him, like kdj **** tom, hayato, and others. I'm not sure if they have used him longer, or if that has something to do with bum, but there's one thing to be sure about DK, He's just that awesome. I love playing DK, but I just couldn't main him.. his shield makes me sad.

But to all you DK mains out there. Keep it up, DK is Awesome.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok, sooo. I've only ever liked 2 characters in Melee. Marth, and DK. DK is awesome. I love Dk. DK loves me. And yes, after watching Bum play, I've been inspired to pick up DK. I have a few quick questions to all of you DK players out there, that you can hopefully answer.

1.Why did Bum always counterpick Jungle Japes or Brinstar? What makes those stages good for DK?

Well, I kinda answered my own question here for JJ. DK can camp the crap out of ppl on this level.

2.What are DK's hardest matchups? I don't wanna go by Phanna's chart, i don't really like it that much. Why are those matchups hard for him?

3.Why does uthrow-->Uair **** so badly? lol

Thanks guys.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Cargo Uthrow -> Uair ***** because DK has good jump height and is a fastfaller. Not to mention his uair is beastly.

pdk

Smash Lord
bum movements don't sound too pleasant at all

and dk and roy share 4th fastest-falling spot for the record

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Hardest match up is IC's because you can't grab the **** *******.
Brinstar is good because large characters with good DI can survive for a very long time due to lava and blastlines, and lava ***** space animals.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
This is why cargo u-throw to u-air *****:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCdgk1hHAVM

Toughest matchups tend to be ICs, Sheiks, and good Falcos.

ICs because they eliminate DK's grab game which a staple of his game and because they combo the F out of DK.

Sheiks just because you can't really edge-guard well and she combos DK easily and edge-guards him easily and is crazy fast.

Falco because the SHL and pillaring and shine-d-air combos and edge-guarding.

JJ and Brinstar are good because they favor recoveries that are more horizontal and they're big and they're akward just like DK.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
hmm...alright guys, thanks. But when I was trying to picture DK's hardest matchups, I pictured Marth to be pretty hard. He's not too bad?

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
sheikz are so easy guyz cmon

imo a good dk vs a good marth, dk has tha advantage. donkey punch rapez

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
but marth's grab range makes dk's grab game a lot more challenging.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
If both characters are going for a grab at the same time, DK will lose to almost any decent character. He has neither speed nor reach.

But grabbing is a lot more complicated than that. I don't quite see the problem.

Cia

das kwl
Bum ***** marths.. like.. for fun.. LoLz. Maybe it's just him, but i thing there maybe something to picking DK against Marths

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I noticed in bum's matches he baits shieldgrabs a lot. People say shieldgrabbing will get you messed up, but he definitely knows how to get in his shieldgrabs. Once in a while though, he messes them up and gets shined/jabbed.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was specifically targeting marth's I mean, they have crazy range with the sword as it is, plus a godly reach for grabs...It messes with the dk cargo grabs. Other characters IMO leave themselves open better than a marth. That's all I was trying to say.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
hmm..i realized dk pretty much ***** fox. or at least i think. imo i mean. Watching bum vs m2k, m2k had to laser camp to beat dk. bum was camping the crap out of m2k too, did you guys see that?

technomancer

Smash Champion
M2K is the laser campiest camper ever to laser camp.

He went to "lil lasers", it's like boy scouts but for laser camping instead of real camping.

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
FOX RAPEZ DK HARD

not tryin to be rude or anything but alotta ppl are misinformed about this matchup. all those vidz u see of dk'z ****** tha poop outta foxez just showz that tha dk is a much better player

dont use bum to draw any conclusionz cuz bum is just amazing

dk beatz marth, just use ur donkey punch most marth playerz dont realize how much range/priority it has. once u hit them with that a few timez u can bait them into grabz cuz theyll be trying to shield the punch

also ive never lost to a marth in friendliez or tourney matchez at green greenz, i suggest u dk playerz try that stage vs marth itz tasty

Cia

das kwl
FOX RAPEZ DK HARD

not tryin to be rude or anything but alotta ppl are misinformed about this matchup. all those vidz u see of dk'z ****** tha poop outta foxez just showz that tha dk is a much better player

dk beatz marth, just use ur donkey punch most marth playerz dont realize how much range/priority it has. once u hit them with that a few timez u can bait them into grabz cuz theyll be trying to shield the punch

also ive never lost to a marth in friendliez or tourney matchez at green greenz, i suggest u dk playerz try that stage vs marth itz tasty
Very well said

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
green greens? bah! I hate that stage. I like brinstar and FD. And dreamland 64.
What's in it for dk on green greens?

not_mouf

Smash Cadet
u can camp behind tha blockz, low ceiling for cheap uair killz close wallz for cheap bair and cargo backthrow killz

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
FOX RAPEZ DK HARD

Ok, now I'm not trying to be rude or anything, honestly I'm not. But when I read this, I just completely disagreed. DK ***** Fox. DK's grab ***** fox hard. You said

"All those vidz you see of dk's ****** tha poop outta foxez just showz that tha dk is a much better player"

This my friend, is completely false. Do you see what M2K had to do to win? He HAD to laser camp, because DK ***** fox. If Mew2king is better than BUM, which is a well known fact, and he HAD to laser camp to win, that means BUM would have won if M2K didn't camp him.

Wanna know something? Mew2king would have done much better with Marth. KDJ told him to play fox to prove that he could win with fox vs DK, cuz it's that hard for Fox. He should have used Marth, and he would have done better. I agree that BUM is amazing, but he deff had the advantage in that matchup. Without lasers, M2K would probably not have been able to win.

The above statements are all my opinion, so people if you feel you wanna say something to debate, don't make it a flame. I respect everyone's opinion, and you should respect mine too. The only part of the above statement that's 100% fact, is that M2K was basically dared to play fox by KDJ.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Fox owns DK. DK can do little without a grab. BUM is a better player than M2K. You can quote me on that. Anyone who plays that well and is that successful consistently without the usual high tiers is better than those that barely win against them while using them.

If there was some dare it was because KDJ knew that BUM eats Fox personally and wanted to see the fight.

That being said, I also think that M2K has a better Marth than Fox, which is impressive because he plays Fox very well. This is because he likes to fall back on Fox's gayness and do the lame laser crap whereas Marth can't do that.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Meh, playing low tier and losing to someone's high tier doesn't make you a better player. Playing low tier just means that's the char you prefer to play, for whatever reason. Bum's not as good as M2K.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Anyone who says that Fox ***** DK is silly. DK has tons of great points in the matchup, and an almost Shiek-like ability to get cheap KOs if the Fox jumps at the wrong time. Fox's combos on DK are just standard Fox fare. DK's chaingrab/juggle vs. Fox is better than Marth's CG and his edgeguarding is great as well.

At worst the matchup is 4-6 in Fox's advantage. Fox can barely even edgeguard DK.

Top Bottom