• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BRSTM Factory! Request a Song!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I've been working on a couple tracks from Maximum Velocity and WarioWare: Mega Microgame$

...though Winamp doesn't seem to have the right decoder for MINIGSF files.
Help please? :<

Super_Link2000

Smash Rookie
Username: Super_Link2000
Song Name: Death at your door (instrumental) - X-raided
Download Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYaF9wUORm4
Guidelines: Just a loop of the full song would be cool. and maybe a little louder than in the link, I plan on using it for menu music
When Do You Need it Completed By: Whenever

Thanks so much :)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
if anyone cares (you should :D)
i've made a thread over at DoujinStyle that i am using to keep track of all Touhou Arrange BRSTM's ive made so far. im busy converting other songs in my library so i dont have all of them uploaded yet

http://www.doujinstyle.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52892-touhou-brstm-thread/

unfortunately you need an account to be able to see the thread, but its worth it. its steadily growing....

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Just tried to install it...
I click install, the installation window changes briefly and then closes itself.

After that, I tried to convert again and it still said "Cannot find encoder"

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Linkshot, how exactly are you trying to convert the GSF files? As in what are you doing? If I know what you're doing, I'll know where you're going wrong.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Using "Sent to... Convert to Format" in Winamp. Getting an error that says "Unable to find encoder"
Then tried downloading Highly Advanced and that didn't help at all.
Goldwave can't read them.

Those are the things I've tried so far.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, this is what you should be doing...

First, have all the GSFs you want to convert in your Winamp playlist, then:
Go to Options, and then Preferences.

Go to where it says "plug-ins" on the side-menu, and select "Output".

Select "Nullsoft Disk Writer" (double-click it):
Select your output directory, or if you wish the files to be put in the same folder as the original GSFs, tick the "Output to directory containing source files" box.

Playlist index at the beginnning can be disabled or enabled (it just adds 01, 02 etc to the file names) -- that's up to you really.

Output Filename Format is also your choice, although I'd recommend choosing "%title%" or anything which contains "%title".

For Output File Type select "Auto (recommended)"

Personally, I keep the "Convert to format:" box UNticked so that the sample rate is the same as the source.

Now, after all that faffing around, simply click play on the first track, and it will run through all the songs and convert each one to WAV. Remember, after the conversion has finished, to go back to the Output Plug-ins in Preferences and select "Nullsoft DirectSound Output" (other wise every time you play something in Winamp, it will convert it to a WAV <_<).

Linkshot

Smash Hero
There's one extra thing I want to do for Obstacle Course - Spring/Summer.

Pyoro uses an...interesting sound system.
At 0, it just uses Pyoro 1.
At 5000, Pyoro 1 (Drums) starts up on top of Pyoro 1
At 10000, Pyoro 1 (Organ) does the exact same thing.

So what I want to do is overlay Drums and Organ onto Pyoro 1, and I'm not sure how to do that in Goldwave. Would you know how?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Assuming you have three seperate WAVs (or whatever you converted them to) for the 3 different "parts", load the first part (Pyoro 1) in Goldwave, then click copy. Close the file (not the whole program).
Load the second part (Drums) in Goldwave, then click "mix" from the Edit menu. It will mix the first part with the drums. Now, click copy so that the normal + drums is copied. Close this file.
Now load the third part and select "mix" from the edit menu, and select mix.

The reason for mixing twice is basically this. You have [part 1] [part 2] [part 3]
Mixing first mixes parts 1 and 2, so you have [part 1+2] [part 3]
Then you mix part 1+2 with part 3, to get [part 1+2+3] -- make sense?

If you wanted to do it how I did it in the Youtube videos where I added parts on later, I'm making a BRSTM of Pyoro 1 in a way that it starts with the normal, then adds the drums, then the organ, and then pretty much starts over (only the first note of the drum part is played at the 4th loop, and the organ fades out). It'll be on moosehunter's site within the next couple of minutes. I used Audacity and basically silenced the first loop of the drums, so that they only start at the second loop, and the first 2 loops of the organ, so that they only start at the third loop.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Sexy.

I finished Pyoro 1 + Drums + Organ a while ago and threw Pyoro 2 (the chimes) alongside it for Yoshi's Island~

Then I converted the first to mp3 and played it in Windows Media Player sped up, found the exact rate it's sped up by in-game (140%) and made a .WAV of that with Time Warp (Similarity).

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Well, changing the time can be fine depending on the program and amount that it was changed. I've changed the speed on some tracks by up to 5% without having any issues. But 140%... yeah, not good.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Username: Kuro~

Song Name: Once Upon A Time In Africa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bC9-KGcNXM&list=PLE708EAF1E7461491&index=20&playnext=11

Details: only thing id like is for it to automatically loop at the end of the song o3o and for whole song to play

Priority: i dont NEED it completed at a particular time but within the next week would be greatly appreciated ^^

also for the values such as x05 z02 t01 and such those are the same for every music hax right? (is gonna use that as a guide for what values to replace if so)

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Username: Kuro~

Song Name: Once Upon A Time In Africa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bC9-KGcNXM&list=PLE708EAF1E7461491&index=20&playnext=11

Details: only thing id like is for it to automatically loop at the end of the song o3o and for whole song to play

Priority: i dont NEED it completed at a particular time but within the next week would be greatly appreciated ^^

also for the values such as x05 z02 t01 and such those are the same for every music hax right? (is gonna use that as a guide for what values to replace if so)
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/crap2keep/youtube2brstm.zip

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
lmao holy **** that was fast much obliged :)

oh nvm thx for the tools though does it make it auto looping automatically or is that something u have to edit?

um hmm i put the YT files in the notepad and tried to run the youtube.bat but the command prompt comes up and says cant find links.txt so i move it to desktop and then all that happens when i run it the command prompt pops up real quick and says click any key to continue...so where are the brstms or am i doing it wrong?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
um hmm i put the YT files in the notepad and tried to run the youtube.bat but the command prompt comes up and says cant find links.txt so i move it to desktop and then all that happens when i run it the command prompt pops up real quick and says click any key to continue...so where are the brstms or am i doing it wrong?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
If it says it can't find it, then you either renamed it, moved it, or there's something wrong with your computer.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If it says it can't find it, then you either renamed it, moved it, or there's something wrong with your computer.
No i fixed tht problem after i did it would find it but would open promt menu and just say enter any key to continue sooo idk does that mean it finished? if so where do i find the brstms? and if i cant get this to work will this thread still make em?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
No i fixed tht problem after i did it would find it but would open promt menu and just say enter any key to continue sooo idk does that mean it finished?
I believe you wait until it tells you that it's done. It should come up with some stuff and tell that it's downloading the video and converting it to BRSTM.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
No i fixed tht problem after i did it would find it but would open promt menu and just say enter any key to continue sooo idk does that mean it finished? if so where do i find the brstms? and if i cant get this to work will this thread still make em?
There will be a folder named brstms

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Next batch of requests! (Oreo, I'll work on the Ape Escape OST this weekend)
BadGuy, here's Babel Nose
Champion Remix
Gym Leader Remix
Champion Battle Remix
Team Rocket Remix
Smasher89, here's Pokemon Black & White Credits
SilverRevolution, here's Chaos Victory
Dreams of Absolution (Victory Edit)
MMX6 Stage Select (Victory Edit)
DBZ GT Opening (Victory Edit)
The Nameless Wanderer, here's Don't Stop Me Now GREAT SONG
Vahkiti, here's Space Suite
Lightosia, here's Overtaken
Super Link2000, here's Death At Your Door (Instrumental)
Kuro~, here's Once Upon a Time in Africa

Please post these in the CMH for me, thanks a ton in advance :cool:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
omg I need this song :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpJXnXYdfv8

Theme of Captain America MVC3
time needed whenever you can! <3
Here's Captain America's Theme

Oreo, no problem. I'll loop each song as best I can. However, I did do a few Ape Escape tracks already...however, this is the only one I did from the first game.

Here's Gladiator Battle

If the loop isn't great on that song, I'll just do it with the others, but I figured I should post the one song from the game that I'd already done.

On a side note, if anyone's interested, I'm making the entire Paper Mario (N64) soundtrack into BRSTM form. Once I knock out the Ape Escape soundtrack, I'll move to Paper Mario.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Here's Captain America's Theme

Oreo, no problem. I'll loop each song as best I can. However, I did do a few Ape Escape tracks already...however, this is the only one I did from the first game.

Here's Gladiator Battle

If the loop isn't great on that song, I'll just do it with the others, but I figured I should post the one song from the game that I'd already done.

On a side note, if anyone's interested, I'm making the entire Paper Mario (N64) soundtrack into BRSTM form. Once I knock out the Ape Escape soundtrack, I'll move to Paper Mario.
I think it may be corrupted. I put it on my SD and it played like 2 secs. and I just got static after that.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The site dirpy.com is now shut down, so I'm wondering what everyone else is using to download youtube videos. Anything I can use on the latest version of firefox?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
How do I do that???
Right-click->Properties->Advanced->Defragmentation. Back up your stuff first.

Tesh, I use a site by the name of clipconverter.cc now. The MP3 quality is comparable to Dirpy's, and it can also make .flv and extract the video, very handy stuff.

BadGuy, Giygas (welcome back), I'll work on yours now.

Top Bottom