• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawl Debate Compendium (arguments welcome)

RDK

Smash Hero
Anyone else tired of the b!tching and moaning going on in the Brawl Boards from people who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, but pretend they do? I sure as hell am. Yes, I realize there are already a hundred other threads pertaining to this exact topic, but I honestly believe that, with all due respect, none of them quite touch the subject comprehensively enough. People need a thread that they can refer to before posting arguments that have been made and refuted a million times before.

The point of this thread is to list out and dispel all the arguments used by Brawl Boards noobs and various pro-Brawl fanatics. A small disclaimer when entering this thread: bring your brain with you. Illogical arguments, blanket-statements, and cries of "LEAVE BRAWL ALONE" are not welcome here.

Basically, I'm going to systematically run down the list of major pro-Brawl arguments concerning the competitive nature of Brawl, the metagame, and Brawl in general, and then post some of the better and more well-known counters from the Realist side.

What is a Realist you ask? I prefer to use the term "Realist" concerning players, mostly comprised of Smash veterans who know what they're talking about when it comes to Smash Brothers, over the term "anti-Brawl" or "pro-Melee". Often in these "Melee vs. Brawl" threads, the pro-Brawl crowd (mostly comprised of newcomers to the Smash scene, both casual and competitive) likes to refer to anyone who opposes some aspect of SSBB as "anti-Brawl", or, more commonly and well-known, "elitist". This is unwarranted and utterly untrue. So for all intents and purposes, from here out I will be referring to the sides in question as they have been appropriately named.

The competitive nature of Brawl. This is by far the biggest argument going on out there presently--the future of Brawl's metagame. Brawl Boards newcomers will have you believe that, despite signs from the game itself and the information and examples collected from well-known Melee veterans, Brawl is a fine heir apparent to Melee in terms of the next competitive Smash title. Cries of "Melee is dead; everyone's playing Brawl now! Get over it," ring from the mouths of 90% of the Brawl Boards occupants.

Why is this so wrong? Why shouldn't Brawl be taken seriously as a competitive fighter? The very nature of Brawl is what our competitive community strives to break free from; Brawl is the antithesis of the spirit of competition.

If you visit any one of the threads Gimpyfish has recently made, he has a myriad of quotes from Sakurai concerning the nature of Brawl and his ridiculous ideas. One quote from an interview I found particularly disturbing was a discussion with Sakurai concerning the absence of L-canceling and Wavedashing in Brawl. Sakurai stated that he recognized these and other advanced techniques in SSB64 and SSBM, and neglected to include them in Brawl to, and I quote, "level the playing ground".

As you can see, Brawl was clearly not built to be anything but a party game. Brawl is merely a flashy, more interactive version of any of the Mario Party games. Elements like tripping auto-sweetspotting confirm this. Combos are nigh impossible to do thanks to a sick lack of hitstun on moves. Slower or laggier characters that relied heavily on advanced techniques to pull off any moves are left in the dust on the Brawl scene, and moreso those who don't have strong anti-camping options.

Brawl is also much slower than Melee. Character control has been lessened. The influence you had over your character in Melee has deteriorated to the point where the game can hardly distinguish a slightly off-center side-smash from a down-smash.

Pro-Brawl argument:

"Give the game more time! The Melee metagame took YEARS to develop; Brawl has been out a few weeks.”

Realist response:

This argument is false in the assumption that we know absolutely nothing of how Smash Brothers games work, and it's becoming less and less recognized as Brawl's early phase is coming to a close. It's true that Melee's metagame took circa 6 years to fully come to fruition, and even that is half-true, as we're still finding things in Melee we didn't know about. That's how deep it is. Short-hopping wasn't used competitively until a few years ago.

However, saying that Brawl must have a deep metagame (that we haven't discovered yet) just because Melee had a deep metagame that we hadn't discovered around the same time relative to their respective release dates is a fallacial argument. We had nowhere near around as many Smash veterans studying and analyzing the game as we did when Melee came out. The competitive Smash scene wasn't even established yet; Melee was the icebreaker. Once Melee became competitively popular, SSB64 followed shortly after as soon as people realized it was moderately technical.

Point and case, we've had our top Melee veterans on Brawl since the Japanese release. Ask any other well-known Melee veteran. Mew2King, known for his fetish for memorizing frame rates and finding enjoyment in analyzing every technical aspect of Smash games, has publicly made known his contempt for Brawl and his doubts toward a metagame of worth ever developing. AlphaZealot, despite attempting a neutral attitude on the subject, will concede that Brawl is no Melee in terms of competitive depth. Gimpyfish himself, the patron saint of the Brawl Boards, has made thread after thread concerning the "party game nature" of Brawl.

Note that this thread is under construction and is far from complete. I’ll be adding more arguments when I have time, as there are a lot more in various threads that I haven’t picked up yet. If you’d like to add or contribute something to the OP, just say so in your post and it will be considered.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, man, but I can't take this thread seriously for one simple reason: it's not like people on the other side of the fence don't make ridiculous blanket statements, too. But no, this thread isn't really about compiling all of the arguments on the Brawl boards... just compiling the pro-Brawl arguments (with the express purpose of disproving each and every one of them).

I'd appreciate it if someone did something like this, but was humble enough to leave personal opinion out of the matter and focus on both sides of the debate, instead of just aiming at one.

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, man, but I can't take this thread seriously for one simple reason: it's not like people on the other side of the fence don't make ridiculous blanket statements, too. But no, this thread isn't really about compiling all of the arguments on the Brawl boards... just compiling the pro-Brawl arguments (with the express purpose of disproving each and every one of them).

I'd appreciate it if someone did something like this, but was humble enough to leave personal opinion out of the matter and focus on both sides of the debate, instead of just aiming at one.
I haven't heard any ridiculous / blanket statements made by any group but the pro-Brawl crowd. If you have examples that prove me wrong, I'd be happy to put them up. That's what a compendium's for.

Dime

Smash Journeyman
What’s the point? I’m not trying to be a jerk, but what are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to get new players adopt melee over brawl? We all know the arguments on both sides. So you’re right ok, that’s nice, but what will you do if and when you convince everyone of your analysis of brawl. What then? There has to be more of a point to this than to just show noobs how melee is better. Brawl is what it is and no amount of debate can change that. I just don’t see the point in discussing it anymore until I can see a tangible purpose to this debate.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
There are just as many stupid posts about pro-melee as pro-brawl.
And the pro-melee people tend to flame a lot more.

I wish people would just shut up about it already...

By the way, your sig is very stupid

RDK

Smash Hero
There are just as many stupid posts about pro-melee as pro-brawl.
And the pro-melee people tend to flame a lot more.

I wish people would just shut up about it already...
That's the whole point of the thread; to catalogue all the arguments for easy reference.

And like I said before, if there is such an abundance of these posts, quote them. I could say that magical dinosaurs roam the universe enforcing gravity, but just because I throw a statistic out there doesn't mean it's true.

Proof, or it never happened.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I haven't heard any ridiculous / blanket statements made by any group but the pro-Brawl crowd. If you have examples that prove me wrong, I'd be happy to put them up. That's what a compendium's for.
Sorry, that's just not what the OP sounds like. Especially considering you said that 'the point of this thread is to list out and dispel all the arguments used by Brawl Boards noobs and various pro-Brawl fanatics.' Oh, and it doesn't help that you basically insult anyone who is pro-Brawl (regardless of what their reasons are) by making a 'blanket statement' of your own by calling pro-Melee players 'Realists', which implies that anyone who supports competitive Brawl is deluded. It doesn't really sound like this is a place for both sides of the debate from your OP.

RDK

Smash Hero
Sorry, that's just not what the OP sounds like. Especially considering you said that 'the point of this thread is to list out and dispel all the arguments used by Brawl Boards noobs and various pro-Brawl fanatics.' Oh, and it doesn't help that you basically insult anyone who is pro-Brawl (regardless of what their reasons are) by making a 'blanket statement' of your own by calling pro-Melee players 'Realists', which implies that anyone who supports competitive Brawl is deluded. It doesn't really sound like this is a place for both sides of the debate from your OP.
Like I stated before, pro-Melee people and Realists are not the same thing. The latter group are simply people who acknowledge Brawl as being competitively and technically insuperior to Melee.

Also, I never insulted people who support Brawl as a competitve game. By all means, continue to do so, but at least keep an open mind to the topics (and facts) at hand.

Dime

Smash Journeyman
As a new member of the smash community what do you suggest I do? I came here because I was excited for brawl and wanted to improve and find other players. Now I’ve come to see that many of this community’s most prominent members see very little future in brawl. Should I quit playing and return the game to the store? I only played Melee for a total of 30 minutes so if pro smashers claim that brawl is not up to par competitively why shouldn’t I believe them? Were Melee players not excited for brawl? Of course they were so they have no reason to lie about their disappointment in the competitiveness of brawl.

My lack of melee experience may put me in the minority now but that will change. As Melee gets older the newer members of the smash community will have only played brawl. What will that mean for the smash community? I really don’t know. What I do know is that even though you may be right and Melee is more competitive than brawl that won’t stop new smashers from going to the store seeing a brand new game and picking up a copy. In all likelihood brawl players will one day outnumber Melee players. Maybe instead of arguing what brawl is or isn’t we should accept that brawl isn’t going anywhere and that Melee will still be played for a long time as well.

RDK

Smash Hero
As a new member of the smash community what do you suggest I do? I came here because I was excited for brawl and wanted to improve and find other players. Now I’ve come to see that many of this community’s most prominent members see very little future in brawl. Should I quit playing and return the game to the store? I only played Melee for a total of 30 minutes so if pro smashers claim that brawl is not up to par competitively why shouldn’t I believe them? Were Melee players not excited for brawl? Of course they were so they have no reason to lie about their disappointment in the competitiveness of brawl.

My lack of melee experience may put me in the minority now but that will change. As Melee gets older the newer members of the smash community will have only played brawl. What will that mean for the smash community? I really don’t know. What I do know is that even though you may be right and Melee is more competitive than brawl that won’t stop new smashers from going to the store seeing a brand new game and picking up a copy. In all likelihood brawl players will one day outnumber Melee players. Maybe instead of arguing what brawl is or isn’t we should accept that brawl isn’t going anywhere and that Melee will still be played for a long time as well.
The fact that Brawl will be played more than Melee doesn't mean all discussion or insight onto the topic should be abandoned. That's like saying "People are going to commit murder one way or another, so I guess we should just let it go and not do anything about it."

Dime

Smash Journeyman
The fact that Brawl will be played more than Melee doesn't mean all discussion or insight onto the topic should be abandoned. That's like saying "People are going to commit murder one way or another, so I guess we should just let it go and not do anything about it."
Exactly. People are going to play brawl so what do you want to do about it? Why is it so imperative that brawl players understand that the game is inferior to Melee? I ask again, what are you trying to accomplish with this? What outcome do you hope this debate will eventually lead to?

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Anyone else tired of the b!tching and moaning going on in the Brawl Boards from people who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, but pretend they do?
Yes.

I am also tired of these threads, and this forum, and the Smash community in general.

I read the entire thread, and I don't give a **** any more about this one than any other, nor see it as any more usefull than any other. To me, it's the same stuff I've been reading for the past month, only this time the author was Red Darkstar Kirby.

Sorry.

I hate the people who don't know what they're talking about, but I also hate repetition.

Dime

Smash Journeyman
I read the entire thread, and I don't give a **** any more about this one than any other, nor see it as any more usefull than any other.

Sorry.
Don’t be sorry, I feel the same way.

The OP does give a crap and so do many others. I just want to understand why it is so important.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The point of this thread is to list out and dispel all the arguments used by Brawl Boards noobs and various pro-Brawl fanatics. A small disclaimer when entering this thread: bring your brain with you. Illogical arguments, blanket-statements, and cries of "LEAVE BRAWL ALONE" are not welcome here.
With this statement, it seems this is a very one sided and anti Brawl post. So it begs the question, what is the point of this thread beyond just useless flaimbait.

Also, looking at your sig "Brawl. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing." Why are you even here. You don't like the game yet you post on a board for it. So what other conclusion is there but to flamebait/troll.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Don’t be sorry, I feel the same way.

The OP does give a crap and so do many others. I just want to understand why it is so important.
So other people who don't know what they're talking about will keep quiet. But if the 23 (yeah, that's how many I recall) other threads failed, then what makes this one any better?

Don't give me any crap about this being a compedium. That's nothing special when we have Scar's thread (though it should die soon. It's gone to hell) and Gimpy's, which were many times more usefull at the start than this. This thread is a rehash of every argument that's been thrown up (or so RDK says it will be) and its counter, made so it's easier to see each one in one thread. Not very special, in my opinion.

Random facts about me:

-I am pro-Melee
-I am somewhat hopefull that Brawl will be as competitive as Melee, but I know that won't happen
-I have know about competitive Smash since 2003, and havetaken my time to learn as much as I can

This concludes my rage.

Edit: @SmashChu: he is here because he wants to try (key word) and silence the people who don't know what they're talking about. At least, that's what I hope he's doing. Otherwise this thread is more pointless than I originally thought. Regardless, this thread will descend into flames.

Dime

Smash Journeyman
With this statement, it seems this is a very one sided and anti Brawl post. So it begs the question, what is the point of this thread beyond just useless flaimbait.

Also, looking at your sig "Brawl. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing." Why are you even here. You don't like the game yet you post on a board for it. So what other conclusion is there but to flamebait/troll.
Except for the most part he hasn’t been flamed. There has been well thought out questions asked of him by myself and other posters, yet he has done very little to address them. Instead, he is choosing almost exclusively to respond to those that take the flamebait. I expected better from a Smash Debater.
Oh well, I'm going to bed. I'll check to see if this thread made any positive progress in the morning. I wont hold my breath :ohwell:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Edit: @SmashChu: he is here because he wants to try (key word) and silence the people who don't know what they're talking about. At least, that's what I hope he's doing. Otherwise this thread is more pointless than I originally thought. Regardless, this thread will descend into flames.
Silence Pro-Brawl people on a Brawl forum...............

I do think this thread should be locked for both the reason mentioned above (will become flame) and is rather pointless.

Truth:Brawl will develop how it will. It is the fastest selling Nintendo game ever and will probably beat Melee in sales. Brawl will become competitive if people try and make it so. If they can show you can have depth without tricks, then it is possible. Talking about it now wont matter. It will be the actions that make the difference.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Silence Pro-Brawl people on a Brawl forum...............
That's why "try" was the key word. It's not going to happen.

If this thread is trying to prove that Melee > Brawl in terms of competitiveness, well, this thread REALLY is pointless compared to Gimpy's.

Ifthis thread was about pissing people off, then congratulations. You succeeded and made me hate you at the same time.

RDK

Smash Hero
That's why "try" was the key word. It's not going to happen.

If this thread is trying to prove that Melee > Brawl in terms of competitiveness, well, this thread REALLY is pointless compared to Gimpy's.

Ifthis thread was about pissing people off, then congratulations. You succeeded and made me hate you at the same time.
You act like I'm the one flaming when I'm merely trying to catalogue the arguments from both sides. If it upsets you that most pro-Brawl arguments are ridiculously absurd, and it shows, then get out. I didn't make this thread to start a flame war.

Dime

Smash Journeyman
You act like I'm the one flaming when I'm merely trying to catalogue the arguments from both sides.
Both sides? In your first post under the Pro-Brawl section you only have ONE sentence. If you want to appear fair to both sides you might want to expand on that. But don’t do that. Your thread and all the others are of no real use to anyone and have no purpose anyway.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that all of these threads that supposedly take a neutral position in this argument always tend to obviously favor one side. It is almost impossible to make a balanced argument because most of the respected smash community prefers Melee in regards to depth and competitiveness. I myself prefer Melee, but feel these threads are absolutely useless. Those of us who had a deep understanding of Melee gain nothing by reading this and those new to the smash scene in favor of Brawl will never be convinced.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
omg this IS a flame war. someone should call a mod.

wait, it was started by a mod?!

how did you even become a mod? if you hate brawl so much, wish it was never created, then why do you even come here?

i personally don't care about competitiveness. i like smash bros because it brings all these different characters into one world, and its extremely fun to play!

so are you telling me that all that time i spent checking the dojo, all that time i spent hoping my favorite characters would get in, and all that time just wanting to play it, was wasted?

if i were creating a game, i would want it balanced. i wouldn't want "NO ITEMS! FOX ONLY! FINAL DESTINATION!" because that's crap. if you wanna play like that, have brawl be COMPLETELY copetitive, then you can do that, but i personally play the game to have fun. to try to beat all of the challenges. to slaughter online. heck, even to see the history of freaking nintendo! but no. no no no. we have to play "wtf no wavedashing? wtf idc if that wasnt even a well-used AT, i still am mad that it's not in! the game is slower! zomg fox's SHFFL is like impossible now! holy crud falco is different this game SUCKS!"

well ya know what, the game is supposed to be freaking different. and it's more like smash64, which was waaaay better than melee.

so just go practice your short hops in melee while i am having fun in brawl. gosh.

The Green Marth

Smash Cadet
As once said by my good friend:

Everybody who wants to play Brawl play it. Everybody who wants to play Melee Play it. Everybody that wants to argue about which is better can go to hell.
And im starting to think hes right after reading this thread.:urg:

RDK

Smash Hero
As once said by my good friend:

And im starting to think hes right after reading this thread.:urg:
The reason the Smash community is so ****ty right now is because of people like you. Maybe if people were open to intelligent discussion, it would be different, but people don't want to acknowledge the fact that Brawl is a competitive failure. Lazy people who didn't like Melee are attracted to Brawl because inclusions like tripping and one-sided camping make them decent when they shouldn't be.

And as for you and your friend, you can get the hell off of Smashboards. This place is for DISCUSSION. If people are so much for the mentality of "JUST GO PLAY MELEE AND I'LL PLAY BRAWL", then why are you still here? Practice what you preach and GTFO.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
The reason the Smash community is so ****ty right now is because of people like you. Maybe if people were open to intelligent discussion, it would be different, but people don't want to acknowledge the fact that Brawl is a competitive failure. Lazy people who didn't like Melee are attracted to Brawl because inclusions like tripping and one-sided camping make them decent when they shouldn't be.

And as for you and your friend, you can get the hell off of Smashboards. This place is for DISCUSSION. If people are so much for the mentality of "JUST GO PLAY MELEE AND I'LL PLAY BRAWL", then why are you still here? Practice what you preach and GTFO.
Or rather, there are plenty of people who recognize that Brawl is competitively inferior to Melee, but don't think it is a complete failure for reasons X, Y, and Z and who are so sick of people trying to tell them that Brawl isn't even worth playing that they'd rather end the discussion and cut their losses. Honestly, I'm open for debate and discussion (you should know that based on the other threads we've been talking in), but not if a thread is going to be a gangbang of one side's ideals, which is what this is turning into. We already have two (barely surviving) threads that are encompassing the debate rather well. I seriously doubt we need another, especially if the TC thinks that people need to 'acknowledge the fact that Brawl is a competitive failure', which we both know isn't completely true.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
No offense RDK, but I'm of the opinion that all these "Brawl lack competitiveness" and "is Brawl inferior to Melee?" threads should be closed and their thread makers dirrected to the conveniently sticked "Brawl complaints thread." Mostly because we need to move on.

However, since this thread already exists, you ought to post this excellent argument posted by the great Azen:

Azen said:
I like how everyone in the Top 10 except me and Chillin hate Brawl. They all got so depressed when they went to brawl tournies hoping to win money easily then getting ***** instead. The only reason they want to go back to Melee is so they can win cash again. I wonder why they got ***** in Brawl, maybe its cause Brawl is way more competitive than Melee was. They were too cocky to realize that their Top positions might be in danger, and now they make excuses saying Brawl is too easy and anyone can win. No Jones losers. Maybe they should actually start practicing instead of wishing their Melee skill carried over to Brawl. Brawl is already super competitive, it won't be easy for anyone to get to the Top, so many people are trying to get good now; you can't be cocky just cause you were pro in Melee. Its a new game, not Melee 2.0.

Eventually most of the anti-brawlers will die off like with the 64 crowd. lol, just look at how depressed Isai was when he couldn't win everything anymore in Melee like in 64, and he just eventually gave up and stopped trying. Yall losers can stay in the past with Melee and 64, but right now is the time of Brawl and a new generation of smashers will take your place.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=42348055&page=1

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
You act like I'm the one flaming when I'm merely trying to catalogue the arguments from both sides.
Hmm...

Really now? No, I'm trying to say that this thread is not worth your time. Also, these "arguments" have been answered in every thread. If the ones you are arguing with aren't willing to actually learn about what they are arguing about, then they aren't worth talking to.If you feel you must, then I beg you to do it in an existing thread.

If it upsets you that most pro-Brawl arguments are ridiculously absurd, and it shows, then get out.
No, thank you. I'm staying so I can learn how to be a better Diddy/Kirby/P. Trainer, and better at the game in general.
I didn't make this thread to start a flame war.
Well, that's obvious. I also thought that it was obvious that it would become one. You can't start a thread like this without risking it becoming a flame war.

I also find you to be quite rude.

Good day.

PS: I also hate your signature.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

That sentence ("just go play Brawl or Melee") was said by Mic 128 when he closed a thread alot like this one.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice

Get over yourself. You don't want intelligent discussion: you want everyone to accept your "fact" that Melee is superior and anyone who disagrees OBVIOUSLY doesn't know what they're talking about. Maybe if you took the time to listen to the other side of the argument, even if you disagree with it, then we could have intelligent discussion. But you are so hellbent on proving that only pro-Melee people have opinions worth listening to that we can't discuss anything.

P.S. I too hate your signature. It's nothing but flamebait.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
@Demon Kirby

Yeah, but it sounds so much better coming from one of the greatest Smashers ever.

Plus, he explains his stance on why it is folks complain about Brawl's lack of competitiveness:

"They were too cocky to realize that their Top positions might be in danger, and now they make excuses saying Brawl is too easy and anyone can win."- Azen

Agree or not, it is an argument. And isn't that the point of this thread?

RDK

Smash Hero
Thanks for the paragraph by Azen; it's well thought-out, and I'll add it to the OP.

Samochan

Smash Master
Responding to what azen has posted (and what wiseguy has spammed to basically every thread):

In some cases, melee skills do transfer to brawl and in some cases, they do not. Here where I live, while other players have had brawl for weeks, months I think, one of the better melee players here picked up brawl just yesterday and came second on brawl singles. Right after the best melee player in my area who also happens to be the best in my country. While myself, still sucking on brawl, scored last. I must admit though I'm a slow learner and plain suck on games, but I was able to grasp brawl later that evening.

One of the other players however, who's prolly 5th best in our area, has had brawl for some time and was playing other dude who also had brawl experience and played ic and was chainthrowing on smashville like mad... the smasher from our area owned with ganondorf. xD He then later switched to Olimar when ganondorf wasn't working anymore and the outcome was not pretty (in short, pikmins and moar pikmins). The skill level is there, the player from our area has vastly more experience in melee but about the same on brawl, but overall mindgames skill do indeed transfer to brawl. The ability to predict patterns and use their logic against them does indeed work and the brawl placements were almost the same as they were in melee singles, brawl experience or not.

So it's definitely not about that melee players just suck on brawl and would go back to melee to just win some quick cash, but that some players just prefer melee instead of brawl. I like both in different ways and I do think they can co-exists as nicely as they do on my triweeklies if people put enough effort into it.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Ur stupid. Brawl is new game, you are just mad that you don't make money in this game. lololololololz

That is why Melee players don't like it........>_<

PS. Everyone in this thread is terrible at Brawl and Melee.

Edit: Since it says no flames ( =( ) I just have to say a big part of the problem is that newer members don't get that they are actually.... well, new. Alot of them think that they understand alot of things that they don't. Maybe if they lurked more or actually joined the real smash communities in their local area they would understand more instead of just playing Wifi or whatever. *Shrug*

Samochan

Smash Master
Don't worry it's only Brawl. Oh wait, doesn't matter that is how I roll.

Oh yeah your post was nice. Unfortunately, I have beaten all the people in my area and I wasn't the best in Melee. Chad and Iori are such smart players......it felt like such hollow victories. =(
But like I said, it doesn't always work like that. I'm actually the second best in my area and yet was the worst off on brawl. xD Brawl is still a new game, but now when I think about it, one player here that used roll more often on melee got punished on doing so but then prevailed on brawl way better due to buffed rolls and the buffering system. Albeit did not beat any of the experienced players (lol ike's upsmash hits behind, owned).

On brawl I try to play smart, but not certain what the heck I should be doing, how to space some attacks, frame data etc. They might not have gotten used to brawl yet, but you just might be better off in brawl than they do, cause it's not exacly the same game. Metroid Prime speed runner Kip for example is awesome on it, but not really on other metroid games while some others I know excell on all games of the series (if this is any good analogy ^^;; ).

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yay stuff
My belief on why I win is because alot of stuff that I should be good at in Melee to succeed were taken out or was not important. I won't detail them since I think you know what is gone. >_>That's what I think anyway.

Edit: It isn't that hard of a game to learn. Play as Snake, Meta, or some other good character. XD Seriously, the game takes little game knoweledge (outside of spacing.....), little tech skill, and any mistake you make has little consequences for the most part. So....just out think everyone and pick counters. lol

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You act like I'm the one flaming when I'm merely trying to catalogue the arguments from both sides. If it upsets you that most pro-Brawl arguments are ridiculously absurd, and it shows, then get out. I didn't make this thread to start a flame war.
No. You are causing a flame war.
1)Yopur posting anti Brawl stuff in a Brawl forum
2)Your not catolouging all arguments. Just Pro-Melee ones
3)This is "n00b" argument for pro-Brawl

How is this not a flame.

Seriously, why are you here? It's obvious this isn't about discussion. This is about you "trying" to prove you are right and everyone else is wrong just becuase you hate a game. As I said before, it can be competitive if people make it. You saying it won't does not make it any more or less true. It's obvious you have a major bias and I can tell this from your sig.

You don't like Brawl. You don't think it will be competitive. Big whoop. Your comments mean nothing. If these people who say your wrong make the game competitive, then it will be. No question. And two years you can huff and puff becuase they did make it competitive becuase they put their heart and soul into it.

You want to know why the Smash community is **** right now? It's people like you. People who come to a Pro-Brawl forum and make a brand new post (when one exist) just to say why everyone on that boar is wrong and how you are right. Get over yourself. It's not whether your wrong or right but that you are creating a useless topic about how a game sucks that most people on this board like. And you call them n00bs. Your first post killed any discussion this thread could have made. If you want to be heard (becuase, honestly, I didn't even get past the third paragraph) then make it formal, or heck, save us the trouble and post this in the appropriate topic. You've been around long enough. Learn the rules.

I think this post should be locked. It's intension was not discussion and it will never be about that.

Top Bottom