• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread (Stop the Spam!)

KoopaKiD

Smash Cadet
Mr. Riddle, I'm the kid who ur MM-ing on that Bowser challenge, I just watched some of your vids and I'm here for a little critique. Your good, no doubt about it, Im suprised you haven't incorporated Koopa hopping into your metagame though.. regardless, You are definately top tier but USE MORE FIRE BREATH MAN, especially on that Toon Link, for the love of God abuse the fire, and I notice sometimes when you catch someone with it the few times you use it, you usually don't hold them in it? Anyways, I look forward to battling you Saturday, it will DEFINATELY be an interesing match, your a lot better then I expected.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I wouldn't say ABUSE the firebreath as much as just tactically work it into your game so they don't expect it you know?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Just to let you know sir, those videos are kinda old, and they are my crew members...If I start hopping along they catch me and punish me since it uses my second jump. In tournaments I use it a lot, and scare the living hell out of everybody with it...And, I use the firebreath sometimes, but once again, crew members know what I do and they know how to react to Bowser so I will only get punished.

KoopaKiD

Smash Cadet
Just to let you know sir, those videos are kinda old, and they are my crew members...If I start hopping along they catch me and punish me since it uses my second jump. In tournaments I use it a lot, and scare the living hell out of everybody with it...And, I use the firebreath sometimes, but once again, crew members know what I do and they know how to react to Bowser so I will only get punished.
BAH, u still dont use it to edge hog as much, when thats pretty much his only viable way to edge nowadays cuz his d-tilt isnt nowhere NEAR as saucy as it's melee counterpart on the edge for some reason and YOU KNOW what I'm talking about cuz you play Boozer and it's NEVER a bad choice to intercept a short hop aerial with an up tilted flame breath for a quick 20% or more ;) u catch my drift? and yeh Koopahop wow's EVERYONE at tourneys like it's some epic move ^_^

Linjishu

Smash Rookie
Just to reiterate, are you ABSOLUTELY sure that if you do a Bowsercide with both players at 1 stock, you will ALWAYS win?

Also, for grabs, is it better to do shield-cancelled grabs or just regular dash grabs?

In melee, you were supposed to do dash grabs just because Bowser's standing grab was punishable anyways, and the extra range was nice. Is it the same case in Brawl?

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
Make sure you upload any of me (as bowser) vs masterC since I get little lag in those vids so it's the best representation of me
Doing that as we speak; I'll give you the links when they're done.

*edit* Finished uploading them, you can find them at the same place as my vids.

Sliq

Smash Master
What are all the tricks with Bowser?

For example, Ganon had SH auto cancel dairs, can eliminate ALL lag from a ground wizards foot by ending it barely off the stage, and use jump off the ledge, and immediately over b, not only as an attack, but as a quick way to get back on stage. Things of this nature.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It's closed because there was no point to the thread. And what are you trying to prove... yeah we agree its convienent?

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
As far as 1>2>3>4 goes, I brought this up on BC to get other opinions. I also tested it myself and it seems to be a flawless theory. 10/10 times I won as Player 1 and 10/10 times I got Sudden Death as player 4. Still, it seems people find the idea to not be true. Someone posted in my BC topic with information that seems possible. I figured I'd share it here and see what you guys have to say.

Yes, Brawl is biased towards the lower numbered player in cases where priority is identical, same as Melee and most fighters.
I wouldn't worry too much, identical priority on the same frame is exceptionally unlikely.

As far as 'Bowsercide' goes, it has nothing to do with player priority.
Whichever player has lower damage controls both the direction and the orientation of the spin. If Bowser grabs someone who has lower damage than him, the other guy just needs to hold up for Bowser to go off the bottom first. If nothing is pressed, Bowser will be on top by default.

The AI appears capable of controlling direction, but doesn't seem to bother trying to control orientation.

This was all detailed on the Dojo, by the way.

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
Question, is it just me or can bowser not do the instant run off the stage to edge hug thing? I don't think he has the aerial mobility. boo...

R i p

Smash Cadet
How to deal with Ike's forward air? It's not too bad on the defensive(just shield and punish), but really kills most approaches(even on the ground).

Clear171

Smash Cadet
I've been having problems Bowser. Fast characterscan pretty much just knock me into the air and continue using attacks that keep me up there. So many of his attacks have landing lag too. You have any tips on getting Bowser to the ground fast. I can even use general tips, because my air dodges are bad in general. Its just that Bowser is a big target with lots of lag in his moves.

Sliq

Smash Master
I've been having problems Bowser. Fast characterscan pretty much just knock me into the air and continue using attacks that keep me up there. So many of his attacks have landing lag too. You have any tips on getting Bowser to the ground fast. I can even use general tips, because my air dodges are bad in general. Its just that Bowser is a big target with lots of lag in his moves.
DI towards the edge, Bowser Bomb ledge grab.

Sliq

Smash Master
How about some tips for getting safely to the ground when your nowhere near the egde to the stage
Please, with increased DI and air control, it should e no problem, even from the center of FD, to get away.

Seriously. At low percents just DI away from your opponent and they can almost NEVER follow you with anything.

Flayl

Smash Hero
After a few times of trying it I gave up and now I just reverse shorthop to the edge

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Bowser's only option seems to be reverse SH, but that at least puts you in a good position to Bair your foe trying to recover before you ledge grab.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I want to improve my Bowser game and I know one of the best ways to do this is to play a Bowser better then me.

I want to brawl the best Bowser player here so if you think you can show me a few tricks and tips then please by all means IM me. I don't bite.

AIM IM: Dias4Flac

Learning doesn't just come from losing and by this I mean if I do beat your Bowser with my Bowser I still may have learned something from you.

Whether it be how you used Dair or how you followed up your next attack with a grab I want to learn something to make my Bowser better.

I hope this topic isn't crazy. I just want to improve my game.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i don't play bowser but my cousin ***** with flame approach, and generally is in control whenever he gets underneath platforms (ahem... lylat cruise)

mind you, this is on wifi.
i played him in person on sunday and i nearly 3 stocked his bowser a couple of times with mah jiggs.

just sayin.

flame approach is pretty nice.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Can a lag canceled fortress be used as an approach against anyone?

I also need some tips on how to gimp Ike's vertical recovery

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Can a lag canceled fortress be used as an approach against anyone?

I also need some tips on how to gimp Ike's vertical recovery
You can shotrhop it into someone, it's alright but I rarely do it.

1. Stand near edge

2. Fire Breath

Ike will always hit the firebreath even when he hits you and then drop some and which point you do the same thing.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Well I'm not exactly sure what else to say, you just stand a little way back from the edge, use firbreath. Ike UpBs, his sword will probably hit you but he'll hit your fire and begin dropping, you then firebreath again and hope that he eventally upBs into the bottom of the stage.

Amide

Smash Lord
Can you're opponent control Bowsercide? Because it never goes in the direction I want. Is there a way where it works the way you want exactly?

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
The control you have over the kooplex's left-right movement is relative to your damage compared to the opponent's. The lower your damage is in relation to the other player's, the greater amount of control you have, and vice-versa.

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
Koopa Klaw is probably the most efficient move in the game. As long as your % is lower, its a free KO. just get a stock ahead.

Top Bottom